Worst Dealership Experience of my life! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to k9t8m
Worst Dealership Experience of my life!

Today I went to look at an 01 CV LX sport. It was at Joe Rizza Porsche Ford Kia (chicago). Heres the story:

After E-mailing the internet sales department for over a week for info about the car we decided to make the 2+ hour trip to look a the car, with a trade in and cash in hand ready to buy. We show up, the car is not there, has been moved to another dealership when were were told it would be at this specific dealership. They suggest we wait while someone goes to pick it up. In the mean time we decide to go to lunch. We get back from lunch the car is not there (over an hour later). We decide to proceed with the preliminary paperwork until the car arrives, This is when they offered us $4000 less than trade in vlaue for our vehicle. Another hour passes, still no car. We finally get fed up and tell the salesperson that we will not give him any more information until we have seen and test driven the car. The salesmen calls his driver again and he says someone is looking at the car (even the salesmen has known this for over an our). We were VERY upset to say the least. While talking to the salesmen about what to do, the driver calls back and says the car has been sold. That is when I asked to speak to the general manager, who starts pointing the finger at everyone but himself. They actually blamed us for all of this nonsence despite the fact that their internet salesperson is who I talked to. This is a list of what they did to us.

Lied about having car ready for us when we got there
Lied about location of vehicle
lied about the current status of vehicle (told us it was on the way twice when the whole time they knew someone was looking at it)
Gave us an absoutely rediculiously low price for our trade in
Never once offered us something to drink
Never once apologized
Never once thanked us for making the trip to their dealership
Very rude during whole process

We were absoutely furious when we left. We will never again go to that dealership, or sister dealership. I have never been treated so badly in my life. I will definately think twice about going to any dealerhip in the chicago area because of how we were treated. Again this was Joe Rizza Porsche Kia Ford in Orland Park IL.

The internet sales representative was at Joe Rizza Ford Lincoln Mercury Northside (Chicago). Which I didnt find out untill later. He actually told me it was at the Orland Park dealership.

We are out $100 for the gas money for the trip up and back, one whole saturday wasted, and have lost all trust in all car dealerships.

Chris
96 Mark VIII LSC
06 Mustang GT
06 Impala SS
07 FLHTC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 05:31 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to stickysilvertbird Send a message via MSN to stickysilvertbird Send a message via Yahoo to stickysilvertbird
damn dude i wouldnt blame you for being so pissed. i have come to the conclusion that car salesmen would make very good politicians.. (no offense to any one that is a cars salesman on here) but all the ones ive dealt with were complete asshats.. and as for that ive never bought a brand new car since i bought the hyundai..(yea ..rice i know). im sorry to hear you didnt get the car you wanted man. i say EBAY!! lol i hope you have better luck else where

♠Zack♠
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Maynard
Thou shalt pullest out thy pin and count to 3. no more, no less. 4 thou shall not count. nor shall thou count to 2, unless then proceeding to 3. 5 is right out! once thou counts to 3. being the third number being reached, then thou lobbest thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, towards thy foe, who be nort in my sight, dare snuff it...
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 05:57 PM
PostWhore

Screw dealing with a dealership. I'd say check out some stuff on Craigslist. There is a bunch of Crown Vics on there in Chicago.

I'm Mister_T and I approve this message.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 06:02 PM
Beer and Cheese

Garage
Send an email to upper management, the buck doesn’t stop at the sales manager, he has a boss too you know. If you get no where file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and give em your .02 cents. That really sucks man, hope you find a good car at a good place. Didn’t offer you a drink?

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 07:24 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to pnyklr Send a message via Yahoo to pnyklr
bait and switch what?

Chris
87 GN,94 Prizm,05 Suburban Z71
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Voice/Data Guru

It may cost a bit but put a big ad in your local paper and explain what you just said in your post , And let the folks know what crap the place was , I done that one a long time ago, The salesman was fired, The manager was dmoated and i got a $ 500.00 check from the dealer for my trouble

2017 Mustang GT 5.0L 2nd gen, cold air box,tune,6 speed auto,RGR 3.31, Magnaflow Tru X-pipe ,GT350RStrips
Gray Mustang Registry # 8582

post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-26-2008, 08:57 PM
6th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChecken View Post
It may cost a bit but put a big ad in your local paper and explain what you just said in your post , And let the folks know what crap the place was , I done that one a long time ago, The salesman was fired, The manager was dmoated and i got a $ 500.00 check from the dealer for my trouble
That's what you call sweet justice!

teksid block with forged internals, MHS stage 2 heads and cams, 80 mm 03 Mustang MAF, Bullitt intake with Accufab oval throttle body, Kooks headers, 2.5 inch catless true dual exhaust, w/x pipe and Magnaflow Magnapacks, Dirty Dog 3000 stall marauder tq converter, BC automotive built 4R70w transmission ,MMX Dynotech Drive shaft, Trac loc differential with 3.73's, custom made fssb, and lecb, rear shock tower brace by Azzkickers, JL subframe connectors, Eibach 1.5" lowering springs, koni shocks, dyno tune by Tim Barth at Mr Norm's garage
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 12:17 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to stickysilvertbird Send a message via MSN to stickysilvertbird Send a message via Yahoo to stickysilvertbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by white 97 lx View Post
That's what you call sweet justice!
X2 thats badass! ima go to the worst dealship here in bradenton and start *****in lol

♠Zack♠
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Maynard
Thou shalt pullest out thy pin and count to 3. no more, no less. 4 thou shall not count. nor shall thou count to 2, unless then proceeding to 3. 5 is right out! once thou counts to 3. being the third number being reached, then thou lobbest thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, towards thy foe, who be nort in my sight, dare snuff it...
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 12:31 PM
3rd Gear Poster

Hello,
I am sorry to hear about the way that they treated you. That dealer is down the street from where I live. I have been there twice to look at cars. They tried to sell me an 89 Cougar with a blown head gasket for 4000 and I went there last summer to inquire about a new Mustang that was on the lot. I was looking at it with the salesman and I said the vinyl stripes are peeling, he said "What is vinyl". That dealer sucks, I would never go back there after all of that. Just to throw something else in I would also stay away from Hawkinson Ford. That is another group of stupid people.

Nick

2015 Ford Fusion SE 2.0 EcoBoost
2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL- Traded In
1994 Ford Thunderbird- Sold
1994 Mercury Cougar- RIP
1981 Ford Granada- Pride and Joy-Looking for 81-82 Parts.
1957 Ford Ranchero- Parted Out
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Veteran Poster

I am recalling one automotive writer's quest (literally) to buy a new Mustang GT a year ago. The poor guy was given so much crap to deal with, at every dealership he encountered, he just said to hell with it, and bought a Mini Cooper S. I have my own dealership horror stories of my own, from the other side, when I was doing intern work for my automotive tech program....

1. In the state I lived in, you had three days to bring your car back, and kill the deal. We hid the guy's trade-in car in another building, as he came back later that same day. "Nope, sorry, we already sold your car!" Of course, I didn't find that out until later on, as I was the schmuck who purchased his trade-in, a nice 1971 Pontiac Bonneville 2-door, with a really-strong 400 in it (I miss that car)...I got it for $500, only had 70,000 miles on it.

2. Don't trust dealer service departments.
A. I almost got caught pegging the speedo in a local gynecologist's 1991 Lincoln MK 7 LSC.....I had to take it on a test drive, to find a noise....and the bypass road around the town in where I worked was a wonderful high-speed road course, with deeply-banked corners. I blew right by the owner of the car, and the one image I can remember was the shocked look on his face. I kept my foot in it, beat him back to the dealership, got it shoved onto the oil-change hoist in the back, and had the oil and filter out of the car by the time the owner got back to the dealership (oil change was scheduled). I also put on a different-colored hat.
The general manager of the dealership, and the owner of the car walked through the shop yelling at each other, while looking for the Lincoln...and they finally found it, with the owner of the car screaming insults at me....to which I replied, "Uh, the car has been here the entire time....."....he was yelling so loudly, it was drowning out the loud ticking of the hot exhaust pipes. The owner had a completely-frustrated "UUNNGGGHGHHHH!!!!!" moment, and stormed out of the shop, with the general manager also staring daggers at me as he retreated backward out of my area. I never heard anything about it afterward.

3. At closing one day, I had pulled an Aerostar into the shop for the heavy-line mechanic...with EXPLICIT instructions to PULL IT INTO HIS SPOT IMMEDIATELY, as there was no water in it. The service manager stopped me as I was hurriedly pulling it into the shop, ordered me out of the Aerostar, telling me to shut up when I immediately began protesting, and then promptly drove it out of the shop, and towards his home. Damn me, but he was able to go 15 miles....before the engine locked up.
The customer paid for the new engine. The service manager somehow bull****ted the guy into thinking the van had another problem with it....but was fired a week later. I was offered the assistant server manager position...but turned it down.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 01:11 PM
Voice/Data Guru

# 2 LOL Good one I bet that was hoot looking back on it Moose LOL

2017 Mustang GT 5.0L 2nd gen, cold air box,tune,6 speed auto,RGR 3.31, Magnaflow Tru X-pipe ,GT350RStrips
Gray Mustang Registry # 8582

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 02:08 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

all the joe rizza's suck. coulda told ya that. now the tony rizza's arent bad

CMP Drag Racing
best ET: 12.410 -- best MPH: 107.61
NMRA MM7270 -- NMCA EFI/? ????
Thank you to the CMP Drag Racing team: Tony, Doug, Maryann, Dale, Paul and Chris.

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-27-2008, 10:37 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via MSN to SignofTheCat94 Send a message via Yahoo to SignofTheCat94
I avoid the large dealerships like the plague! They care only about profit.

Mods? Do the ones in the garage waiting to go on the car count?

Many thanks to my fellow Veterans; I am honored to be a part of your ranks.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 12:21 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MadMikeyL
So...what's the difference between a used car salesman and a cat-fish?

One is a bottom feeding scavenger...

And the other is a fish.

-91 Cougar LS, coming soon, complete overhaul with a 427" Windsor.
-90 XR7 5-speed black on black w/sunroof, MP2, coated rotors, double intercooler, 15%OD, ported heads, comp stage 1 cam, 85mm TB, 90MM LMAF, 80# injectors, and ported big valve heads
-98 Mark VIII LSC, Procharger P600b, TR3650 swap and 3.73s.
-90 SC Automatic rustbucket winter beater
-97 Tbird Sport 4.6 Nice weather daily driver
-"Your buddy Mike is INSANE!" -ClintD's dad
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 04:19 AM
Pedal Faster

Send a message via AIM to Josh_Keady
I hate to say it, but probably a lot of it had to do with the fact that you're young and you weren't buying a new or high-dollar car. Car salesmen are sharp, and I think they get burned by lookey-lou (how the fsck do you spell that?) young people who want test drives and who end up not having good enough credit to finance a car.

I'm not saying that you meet those criteria, I'm just saying that I think salespeople are cautious of young people by nature.

Josh Keady

1994 Super Coupe ('93 5.0L swap), 1990 Tbird 3.8L, 1982 Honda CB900F, 1972 F-100 SportCustom 4x4, 1970 Chevy Custom Camper / 20
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 07:01 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94 Daily Driven 4.6L
One thing to remember when dealing with any company: Until you cough up some money, they are under no obligation to do jack for you; sad, but true. I'm not saying what they did was right. It definitely wasn't, but if you think about it what do you expect a company to do for you when you aren’t giving anything in return. Now, if you had sent them $500 as earnest money, then you would have something to complain about.

Or think of it from the other side of the fence: How many times do you think they hear from people saying, "We'll be there tomorrow" only to not show up. Unfortunately, any business has to walk a fine line about how much the expend vs. how much they expect to bring in. They are constantly rolling the dice as to, “If we do this, what will be the worst consequences?”

I’m not saying you didn’t get treated badly and it was definitely poor customer service. But I think you should definitely write some letters (or place the ad as previously mentioned) to Ford customer service and/or take them to small claims court to recoup you gas expenses. I’m sure they are betting there will be no consequences. They are rolling the dice… now it is incumbent upon you to make them roll snake eyes.

Oh and EvilMooseofDoom: You are a jerk, liar and a prime reason/example why dealerships have such a bad reputation!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMooseofDoom
I almost got caught pegging the speedo in a local gynecologist's 1991 Lincoln MK 7 LSC.....I had to take it on a test drive, to find a noise....and the bypass road around the town in where I worked was a wonderful high-speed road course, with deeply-banked corners. I blew right by the owner of the car, and the one image I can remember was the shocked look on his face. I kept my foot in it, beat him back to the dealership, got it shoved onto the oil-change hoist in the back, and had the oil and filter out of the car by the time the owner got back to the dealership (oil change was scheduled). I also put on a different-colored hat.
The general manager of the dealership, and the owner of the car walked through the shop yelling at each other, while looking for the Lincoln...and they finally found it, with the owner of the car screaming insults at me....to which I replied, "Uh, the car has been here the entire time....."....he was yelling so loudly, it was drowning out the loud ticking of the hot exhaust pipes. The owner had a completely-frustrated "UUNNGGGHGHHHH!!!!!" moment, and stormed out of the shop, with the general manager also staring daggers at me as he retreated backward out of my area. I never heard anything about it afterward.
Friggin' idiot!!!

97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (Chip'd, 3.73 T/L... so far... )
97 Ford Aspire (Slow, but getting 36 mpg (f'n Ethenol!! )
84 F250 Dually w/6.9L Diesel (7.3L IDI pending)
73 Mercury Cougar Convertible w/351C 4V (Partially Restored)
69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
76 Glastron Carlson 23' Jet Boat w/460 CJ Engine
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 08:43 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via MSN to bad93bird
I'm looking for a new/used truck so I can travel. My new job requires it. So I've been like to many different stealerships. I think they get more and more stupid as I get older. I can't even begin to explain. I can tell you this. I went to a KIA stealership on Highway 59 In Rosenberg. The sales manager couldn't get it through his dumb little head that we wanted to pay cash and that was it. He couldn't get it. He wanted us to finance the rest so badly. I almost hit him. Only thing is I was out numbered like 15 to 1. One guy even told us he had 15 years experience. He was like 20 years old.

QUADSQUAD MEMBER
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 09:59 AM
Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94 Daily Driven 4.6L View Post
One thing to remember when dealing with any company: Until you cough up some money, they are under no obligation to do jack for you; sad, but true. I'm not saying what they did was right. It definitely wasn't, but if you think about it what do you expect a company to do for you when you aren’t giving anything in return. Now, if you had sent them $500 as earnest money, then you would have something to complain about.

Or think of it from the other side of the fence: How many times do you think they hear from people saying, "We'll be there tomorrow" only to not show up. Unfortunately, any business has to walk a fine line about how much the expend vs. how much they expect to bring in. They are constantly rolling the dice as to, “If we do this, what will be the worst consequences?”

I’m not saying you didn’t get treated badly and it was definitely poor customer service. But I think you should definitely write some letters (or place the ad as previously mentioned) to Ford customer service and/or take them to small claims court to recoup you gas expenses. I’m sure they are betting there will be no consequences. They are rolling the dice… now it is incumbent upon you to make them roll snake eyes.

Oh and EvilMooseofDoom: You are a jerk, liar and a prime reason/example why dealerships have such a bad reputation!!!

Friggin' idiot!!!
To be entirely honest with you?

You smell like poo.

Nyah.

By the way? This happened at age 18, not last week. In addition, I posted the following disclaimer above my story, to acknowledge my misdeeds:
"2. Don't trust dealer service departments."

What else are you ignoring?
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94 Daily Driven 4.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad93bird View Post
I'm looking for a new/used truck so I can travel. My new job requires it. So I've been like to many different stealerships. I think they get more and more stupid as I get older. I can't even begin to explain. I can tell you this. I went to a KIA stealership on Highway 59 In Rosenberg. The sales manager couldn't get it through his dumb little head that we wanted to pay cash and that was it. He couldn't get it. He wanted us to finance the rest so badly. I almost hit him. Only thing is I was out numbered like 15 to 1. One guy even told us he had 15 years experience. He was like 20 years old.
Yeah, what's up with that? I've seen the same thing! I think it is their way of hiking the price. People are a lot more willing to pay "just $40 more"....

97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (Chip'd, 3.73 T/L... so far... )
97 Ford Aspire (Slow, but getting 36 mpg (f'n Ethenol!! )
84 F250 Dually w/6.9L Diesel (7.3L IDI pending)
73 Mercury Cougar Convertible w/351C 4V (Partially Restored)
69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
76 Glastron Carlson 23' Jet Boat w/460 CJ Engine
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via MSN to bad93bird
I told the idiot that this is what I have to spend. Lets just say $2000. That isn't but I'm not telling yall what I really have. He couldn't understand why I would want to buy a vehicle for that much when I could get something better for more. He even tried to pull my wife into his office and get her to finance. My wife negotiates multi thousand dollar deals on houses. He had it comin when he did that!

QUADSQUAD MEMBER

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in