Send a message via AIM to Last Mrk Send a message via Skype™ to Last Mrk
Sawbuck a gallon

That's the prediction here.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 05:00 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to thewishkah
That is scary. If thats the case I have to rethink my next vehicle, was planing on the srt8 challenger but if that happens there is a Camary hybrid in the future lol.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Voice/Data Guru

Or a Horse Then get a ticket for the poop laws

2017 Mustang GT 5.0L 2nd gen, cold air box,tune,6 speed auto,RGR 3.31, Magnaflow Tru X-pipe ,GT350RStrips
Gray Mustang Registry # 8582

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Veteran Poster

How about one of these:
http://www.motorcyclemojo.com/articles/the-uno/

Eibach 1.5" Lower Springs, Koni Adjustable Shocks, SCP IRS Brace, SCP Lower Engine Cradle Brace, Mark VIII LCAs
Chuck's Poly Motor Mounts, 13" PBR Front and Cobra rear brakes, 245-45-18 ADR Kasai Wheels, RichardM Intake Tube
Super Coupe leather seats and console, Pioneer Head, Audison Amps, Boston SL Components, 10" Boston G5 subs, Reverse Glow EL Gauges, Super Coupe Ground Effects, '96 Hood and Headlights, Custom paint: Tungsten Silver, PI Intake, 4000 stall
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95_SilverBird View Post
Looks like a suped up Segway!

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 06:07 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
That's a very interesting read.

In the long run demand (The types of vehicles that people buy and by default the amount of fuel they consume) will catch up with the supply of fuel and prices will level off or decline again.

There will eventually be a break even point when the price of oil will drive demand for it down to a point when demand no longer exceeds supply and the price will level off. Where and when that will be remains to be seen.

The sale of smaller vehicles is already accelerating and the more that gas prices rise the faster Americans will shift to more fuel efficient vehicles or - heaven forbid - choose to take public transportation.

We've been here before. Remember 1980? I know most of you are to young to remember the gas crunch of the late 70's and the huge fuel chugging vehicles that Americans drove then. Only that time the artificially manufactured oil "Shortage" was created by OPEC. Americans responded by buying up large numbers of small fuel efficient Japanese imports giving rise to Nissan and Toyota. The US automakers never have recovered from that loss of market share. But, the price of gas did drop to a level where in the 90's US consumers ran out and bought all those gas gas-guzzling SUV's because gas was less than a dollar a gallon. And you know the rest of the story from there...

SUV's are quickly going the way of the dinosaurs! And rightly so, It's about damn time. I'm so sick of soccer moms driving those behemoths to the Gap and then to Starbucks before stopping at Nimen Marcus on the way to pick jr. up from soccer practice.

It would serve some Americans well to give up their Gas-guzzling SUV's unfortunately for them nobody wants to buy them.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24317610/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24314649/

On another note, Did you know that in China gas is STATE REGULATED AT $2.90 A GALLON! WTF???????????? Now, why can't we do that here?

Check this article out!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24242758/

No wonder "Demand" for fuel in China is so high.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto

Last edited by Trunk Monkey; 04-28-2008 at 08:29 PM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 08:14 PM
5th Gear Poster

Looks like it would be rough on the "beans and frank"

97 'Bird w/an 04 Explorer lower, 8lb AED upper, Marauder TC, 93 MK VIII DS
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Great Obucina
I call the legitimacy of the article in question when the author ends it with "SUV loving Americans" which is telling me that there is a great degree of angst in the article. In fact, consumer gasoline prices are a drop in the bucket in terms of industrial use, which is why the United States is THE economic Hegemony in the world. There are a multitude of economic factors that trump the supply and demand argument. Anyone who knows anything about economics knows that OPEC, much like DeBeers is the outlier in the Supply/Demand theory. OPEC is a cartel, plain and simple. The excuse that Europe pay more is because of it demographic structure. There are no suburbs, there is such a tax on fuel, because it is used to fund massive public transportation systems. But, economic policy and taxation is not universal throughout the continent. Case in point....Germany. Besides Diesel, there are four grades of gasoline, one of which is BioGas. Which used to be cheap until the govt taxed it. Biogas is derived from the seed of a yellow flowering plant found grown in fields along the Autobahn throughout Bavaria all the way up to Aachen. The seed is pressed and the oil is refined and used as gasoline, like E85, but it doesnt suck. It used to be cheap until the govt stepped in and changed that.

What we see in the commodities price surge is artificial growth, much like the Housing Boom, the same analysts who oversaw the Housing boom, are now bringing the awesome skill set to bear on the commodities market. Rice, corn, wheat, etc....is surging in price due in part directly to fuel prices. Our govt let this happen, how many times will we learn that the govt isnt good at ANYTHING. I'll close with this, on 12 Sept 01, UBL stated that his goal was to knock down the American Economy, cause serious debate amongst the populous and internationally on how American Foreign Policy was directed, involve the American military in a conflict whose outlook is bleak in essence, and finally, ensure that oil would cost over $100 a barrel. Well, looking at all of our economic factors, we just lost the global war on terror. Score one for the camel ****ers.

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-28-2008, 09:10 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to CobraRThunder
Hmmm. How about someone smacks the tounges, and cuts the hands off of these "Oil speculators". Then they can't write these "predictions" which give the oil companys the abillity to keep raising the gas prices.....on the basis that "the speculators told you so"

Idiots

4R70W From DirtyDog
VORTECH BLOWN w/3.12" Reichard ultra-grip pulley
TEA Stage2 PI Heads, 9.5:1 manley slugs/manley H-beams, cobra crank, VTStage3 blower cams, Trick Flow track heat intake, FMIC TR1245 intercooler, ART Dual 2.5" exhaust/Stainless/no cats, KOOKS coated headers, 4.10 w/ Auburn Pro, aluminum 8.8 housing, Dynotech driveshaft, Koni's, Eibach Springs, Baer 13" big brake kit. cobra rear brake/hub conversion, VMP Slot Blowthru setup, #60 Inj. 75mm TB,
615 rwhp/500 torque 15.5psi best of [email protected] still needs tuning.
CarDomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/426794
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Stroked and Blown

Send a message via AIM to BlakTbird96
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Obucina View Post
. I'll close with this, on 12 Sept 01, UBL stated that his goal was to knock down the American Economy, cause serious debate amongst the populous and internationally on how American Foreign Policy was directed, involve the American military in a conflict whose outlook is bleak in essence, and finally, ensure that oil would cost over $100 a barrel. Well, looking at all of our economic factors, we just lost the global war on terror. Score one for the camel ****ers.

I agree. It seems the terrorists have already won. Not only the blow to our economy, outragious oil prices and trillions of dollars of debt, but it seems more americans live in fear now then they did in the days following 9/11/01. Fear driven through threats to their careers, terrorism, immigration, homes, retirement, energy prices, healthcare, their childrens futures, a possible draft, american dream, etc.

My other home:
Mid-AtlanticMN12's

'96 Ford Tbird 3.8 SC
'06 Chrysler Sebring "Vert 2.7
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Obucina View Post
I'll close with this, on 12 Sept 01, UBL stated that his goal was to knock down the American Economy, cause serious debate amongst the populous and internationally on how American Foreign Policy was directed, involve the American military in a conflict whose outlook is bleak in essence, and finally, ensure that oil would cost over $100 a barrel.
You have a source on that? I'm not trying to call you out on it, I'm genuinely curious because I've never heard that before.

- Alex B.
Ranger Up - Not everyone's war stories end in high school.

Out of the Thunderbird game for now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in