Best NASCAR voice "She dun blowed up..." - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
2nd Gear Poster

Talking Best NASCAR voice "She dun blowed up..."

Wall I waz headed into the first left hander by the Target Super Store when my Chief Mechanic & beer drinkin' buddy sez "Slick, you're blowing smoke out your tailpipe". I say no way Fast Jack, chili & popcorn don't affect me like that. He sez, NO, I mean your pristine 1990 Cougar is blowin smoke out the tailpipe. So I look in the mirror & sure enuff, I'm blowing smoke out the tailpipe.

We pull 'er over and it is one sad sight - billowing white smoke and anti-freeze running out of the exhaust - major meltdown. Bummer

So a '90 Cougar LS that has served me longer than any other car, 14 years I think, has given up the ghost. The stories we could tell....

Anyway, I called a few wrecking yards and top price is $200 for the old rusty and formerly trust girl. Recently put on new tires, headlight lenses and floor mats, so those are staying with me. But other than that, sayonara, old car, you did me well.

Now, to buy another car. What should I look for? Hmmmm....

Later guys & gals. Just wanted to cry over my keyboard a little.

Oh yeah, if it weren't for the fact that the car has major rust-belt issues, needs brakes and suspension work and has 160K miles, I might consider attempting getting her back on the road. But nope, the car is dun worn out.

I am a Man,
but I can change,
if I have to.
I guess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 05:49 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

another one down, that sucks.

Most people would kill me for wanting to be done with my 1989, I mean there isn't enough rust, even on the pig iron stuff (like spindles, iron 7.5 differential, etc), I did the head gaskets when I was in your situation about 8 years ago and have only put another 60k on it, but it was worth it.

I don't feel like putting the dash back in after replacing the heater core. I put 6,000 miles on it with no bolts holding the dash in place, and only 3,000 with the steering column attached Still has many miles left in her if I ever feel like putting it back together.

--
97 Mark VIII LSC/Silver/Gray leather
97 Cougar 4.6 Sport/White Opalescent Tricoat Metallic /Gray leather down but not out?
89 Cougar LS 3.8/Oxford White/Gray velour/HG need replaced AGAIN
00 Grand Marquis LS/Vibrant White/Gray velour
63 Falcon 302/black and rust/shed isn't moving
82 F-150/Oxford White/dumb VV carb doesn't pass emissions
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-01-2008, 09:35 PM
5th Gear Poster

Just fix it. Sounds like a head gasket to me. Those arnt too hard to do are they?

97 T-bird Silver 4.6

If it aint one thing its another.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to rollingthunder4000
"another on bites the dust!"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in