Venting - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to FunktasticLucky
Angry Venting

So yeah I was actually having a decent time over here... I had a great team I worked with. We would give each other crap all the time and on our day off we'd all hang out and play video games and watch movies. I've made some cool friends thats for sure... except because some D Bag on night shift decides he doesn't wanna be here and work I get switched over to nights now... So I get off tonight at midnight and have to go into work tomorrow at midnight and work a normal 12 hour shift... Plus because this place doesn't know how to do time correctly... sun comes up at 4AM and sets at 6PM.. so I'll be in the sun more and won't be able to take any of the good tours cuz I'll be asleep during the day on my day off. So yeah... I just got royally ****ed by this base and I'm not happy at all... Bohica strikes again... it stands for bend over here it comes again... Morale went from being extremely hight to rock bottom right now... So yeah thats my freakin rant...

2018 Lincoln MKZ Black Label 3.0T AWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2008, 06:44 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

if you plan on staying in for any length of time you better get used to it.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Pimp in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunktasticLucky View Post
So yeah I was actually having a decent time over here... I had a great team I worked with. We would give each other crap all the time and on our day off we'd all hang out and play video games and watch movies. I've made some cool friends thats for sure... except because some D Bag on night shift decides he doesn't wanna be here and work I get switched over to nights now... So I get off tonight at midnight and have to go into work tomorrow at midnight and work a normal 12 hour shift... Plus because this place doesn't know how to do time correctly... sun comes up at 4AM and sets at 6PM.. so I'll be in the sun more and won't be able to take any of the good tours cuz I'll be asleep during the day on my day off. So yeah... I just got royally ****ed by this base and I'm not happy at all... Bohica strikes again... it stands for bend over here it comes again... Morale went from being extremely hight to rock bottom right now... So yeah thats my freakin rant...

you're at the start of a very long time of getting put into these type of situations, just got to do what they need you to do, enjoy your money you make there and don't do anything stupid.

-Aaron
FaceBook
2002 Matte Yellow Wrapped Mustang GT
383rwhp/400rwtq
Vortech Supercharged/Kooks Long Tube Headers/X-pipe/Bassani Catback/H&R Lowering Springs/Anderson Power Pipe/SVE Series 1 18x9.5/18x10.5 Wheels
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 05:48 AM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Well, the Air Force can't be that bad. Sounds like you still have it pretty good other than crappy hours.

An Army Recon guy once told me when I find myself in situations like the one you describe to say FIDO

F*** It Drive On.

And, Thanks for serving!

TM
US Army 1992-1997

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 06:24 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94 Daily Driven 4.6L
Let me know when raw sewage splashes between your toes, up to your knees while you're taking a shower during a heavy storm at sea...

And at the same time, some poor sea sick, Coastie is hurling his guts out in the stall next to the showers....

And then factor in about an inch of water, vomit, and sewage sloshing around on the floor in 90 degree temperatures, in a horribly humid, enclosed head/lavatory…

Ah, the memories!!!

But I do feel for ya a little bit..... j/k! Military life definitely has its ups and downs!!!

Just remember, as bad as it is now…. It can always get worse.

Good luck and hang tough!!

97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (Chip'd, 3.73 T/L... so far... )
97 Ford Aspire (Slow, but getting 36 mpg (f'n Ethenol!! )
84 F250 Dually w/6.9L Diesel (7.3L IDI pending)
73 Mercury Cougar Convertible w/351C 4V (Partially Restored)
69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
76 Glastron Carlson 23' Jet Boat w/460 CJ Engine
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 07:17 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Nativedetroiter Send a message via MSN to Nativedetroiter Send a message via Yahoo to Nativedetroiter
I would rather work midnights. The big wigs aren't awake. Can actually be better for you....

If you have a situation arise like this, you have to arise for the situation, Find a way to make it better.....

Ya, its funny, Funny like a Clown.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 05:04 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativedetroiter View Post
I would rather work midnights. The big wigs aren't awake. Can actually be better for you....

If you have a situation arise like this, you have to arise for the situation, Find a way to make it better.....

and it will be much cooler come summer time over there.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Nativedetroiter Send a message via MSN to Nativedetroiter Send a message via Yahoo to Nativedetroiter
That too bro, that too. Dangee, Wished I was out on cruise right now...

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 09:42 PM
Pimp in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFanatic View Post
and it will be much cooler come summer time over there.
i dunno, sleeping during the day when it hits 120 and the a/c goes out?

-Aaron
FaceBook
383rwhp/400rwtq
Vortech Supercharged/Kooks Long Tube Headers/X-pipe/Bassani Catback/H&R Lowering Springs/Anderson Power Pipe/SVE Series 1 18x9.5/18x10.5 Wheels
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 04:27 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

that would suck, but over there CE jumps when they get the call for an a/c outage. atleast they did for me in kuwait.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

It wouldn't be so bad if my freakin team leader wasn't so effin slow. Yesterday it took 9 hours for a brake change... 9 HOURS!!!... That **** should have been done in 2 hours tops. I know cuz I've changed 3 with my other team when Iw as on days. And believe it or not nights is hotter. The sun starts coming up around 4AM. It's definitely starting to heat up by 5AM. On Days you come in at noon and goto lunch at 5PM. The sun is all the way down at 6PM. Plus days has like 6 more teams than nights does and so they sit inside most of the time. And they like to **** us all over and leave like a crapload of jets for us to inspect and refuel. so usually we get to work and they are calling for 6 teams to go out the door before we even have tools checked out. NIGHTS gets screwed... and because my team leader is so freakin slow checking **** he doesn't need to and what not I remain on the line all day. I've started skipping lunch with everyone just so I can sit inside and relax. It's getting out of hand. Well I feel better *****ing and getting that out. He leaves in June so hopefully I'll get a guy who can do the job by the book but is quick about it. Or I can talk to supervision and get put back on days because I was 1 of 2 CSA's on days... now there is only 1. Alrighty I'm out. Time to finish getting ready for work.

Edit: Oh yeah thx for all the stories and what not guys. Makes me a little happier when I read all the replies

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 04:20 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
You air force guys make me laugh, you are on 365 shore duty and still have something to complain about. LOL.

So much for being elitist.... lol...

And Dude, Those kind of guys are everywhere.... and I mean everywhere. Easy way to solve that is to make Rank or get qualified higher than them, atleast that is what I have done.

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

AAHAH well in the Air Force we actually have to wait time in service and take tests to make rank... It's not just handed out like skittles I would normally say its not taken away as easy either but lately they take a stripe for anything. My roommate just lost a stripe... I'm not sure but I think he's the guy that choked another airman because they got into an argument. I was like wait a minute I thought you were a tech sergeant and he's like I was. I have no clue wtf happened though aha.

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 06:55 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativedetroiter View Post
You air force guys make me laugh, you are on 365 shore duty and still have something to complain about. LOL.

So much for being elitist.... lol...

And Dude, Those kind of guys are everywhere.... and I mean everywhere. Easy way to solve that is to make Rank or get qualified higher than them, atleast that is what I have done.
me too. i now out rank, or have equal rank to most of the supervisors i had when i was an e-3.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Pimp in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunktasticLucky View Post
It wouldn't be so bad if my freakin team leader wasn't so effin slow. Yesterday it took 9 hours for a brake change... 9 HOURS!!!... That **** should have been done in 2 hours tops. I know cuz I've changed 3 with my other team when Iw as on days. And believe it or not nights is hotter. The sun starts coming up around 4AM. It's definitely starting to heat up by 5AM. On Days you come in at noon and goto lunch at 5PM. The sun is all the way down at 6PM. Plus days has like 6 more teams than nights does and so they sit inside most of the time. And they like to **** us all over and leave like a crapload of jets for us to inspect and refuel. so usually we get to work and they are calling for 6 teams to go out the door before we even have tools checked out. NIGHTS gets screwed... and because my team leader is so freakin slow checking **** he doesn't need to and what not I remain on the line all day. I've started skipping lunch with everyone just so I can sit inside and relax. It's getting out of hand. Well I feel better *****ing and getting that out. He leaves in June so hopefully I'll get a guy who can do the job by the book but is quick about it. Or I can talk to supervision and get put back on days because I was 1 of 2 CSA's on days... now there is only 1. Alrighty I'm out. Time to finish getting ready for work.

Edit: Oh yeah thx for all the stories and what not guys. Makes me a little happier when I read all the replies
you've got a lot to learn about the Air Force/Military in general.

Now, go sweep a HAS.

-Aaron
FaceBook
383rwhp/400rwtq
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 02:23 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Gcline

I work nights, its not that bad. 10 hours a day, 4 days a week, maybe 5 depending if I have to work OT. I just stay up all day friday and sleep during the nights on the weekends, then sleep sunday night and all day monday so I can be ready for work monday night. Its a nice long weekend. Also theres no one to look over my shoulders all the time.

1997 Mercury Cougar XR7 Sport 4.6L
P.I. Intake, Mustang T/B and Upper Plenum,B&M Heavy Duty Trans Cooler, Trans Temp Gauge, A/F Ratio Gauge, K&N Cone Filter, Air Silencer Delete, 50% Front 20% Rear Tint, A&A Fiberglass GFX Kit, Xenon Front Clip, Magnaflow High Flow Cats

2001 Nissan Altima GXE Limited Edition

Daily Driver, 38mpg!

Quote:
at least Ford can pay their bills and not go on welfare like GM and Chrysler.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 03:18 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

AHAH I work nights at home. 8-9 hours 5 days a week with occasional weekend duty... nights here is 12 hour shifts though we're usually there for 14-15 hours, midnight to noon, 6 days a week. Sun comes up at 4AM so its 115 by the time we leave. So yeah... I put in alot of hours a week ROFL. It's my night off tonight. WEEEEEEEE nudey channel ahah.

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Pimp in denial

man, i'd say in a given week, i do about 15 minutes of actual work. if i'm even here for a full shift.

-Aaron
FaceBook
383rwhp/400rwtq
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-22-2008, 02:16 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

must be nice... I put in about 80+ hours a week right now AHAHA... and Major Powell was a dick when asked about going to 5 and 1's... He's like I'm not going to blow smoke up your ass. There has been no further consideration to go 5 on and 1 off... yeah that shut everyone up... morale over here is pretty low especially on nights. Days is a freakin breeze. I think they need to even out the work load just a tad or scheduling needs to clean up their act and quit launching so many jets at 1 time aahah. But yeah I'm definitely getting wore out over here and I've only been over here for 3 weeks. I don't see how people work 80+ Hours a week normally at home. Unless they do like ollies and not really work ahaha.

post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Pimp in denial

Rhip.

-Aaron
FaceBook
383rwhp/400rwtq
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 05:22 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

yes, yes it does.
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 10:52 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Well, that is what you get when you join the Air Force. Get out and then join......us.

post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

well some good news is I didn't know you get to keep your BAS while here. I'm a dorm rat so it is usually taken away at the end of the month. But apparently while you're deployed they pay you for it but you get to keep it. Thats another 300 bux a month w00t. I think I might have to buy some new wheels for my car

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-23-2008, 11:08 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
dah, you are a noob. Did you realize that you are getting Tax Free, and Hostile Fire Pay? Better look over all your benefits are while being a dorm rat, and while being a dorm rat, use some of you T/A and get some classes knocked out!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in