what are you listening to? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to fiveohbird
what are you listening to?

Figured Id see what everyones taste in music was. Whats in the player right now?
Im a die hard death metal fan. Its about all I listen to.

Behemoth-The Reign Of Shemu-Hur
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 05:34 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to stickysilvertbird Send a message via MSN to stickysilvertbird Send a message via Yahoo to stickysilvertbird
haha death metal & screamo ftw! right now its "scream aim fire" by bullet for my valentine, un next is 3 cd's worth of killswitch engage after that i think ill go for a little iron maiden

♠Zack♠
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Maynard
Thou shalt pullest out thy pin and count to 3. no more, no less. 4 thou shall not count. nor shall thou count to 2, unless then proceeding to 3. 5 is right out! once thou counts to 3. being the third number being reached, then thou lobbest thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, towards thy foe, who be nort in my sight, dare snuff it...
post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickysilvertbird View Post
haha death metal & screamo ftw! right now its "scream aim fire" by bullet for my valentine, un next is 3 cd's worth of killswitch engage after that i think ill go for a little iron maiden
The only "real" music out there. (jk) Not too big on screamo though. I do enjoy some soft rock every now and then. But only when nobody is around.
post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 06:03 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to stickysilvertbird Send a message via MSN to stickysilvertbird Send a message via Yahoo to stickysilvertbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohbird View Post
The only "real" music out there. (jk) Not too big on screamo though. I do enjoy some soft rock every now and then. But only when nobody is around.
hell i listen to everything.. 50's, rap, classical, soft rock.. you name it ive probably got it on my computer.. lol

♠Zack♠
Quote:
Thou shalt pullest out thy pin and count to 3. no more, no less. 4 thou shall not count. nor shall thou count to 2, unless then proceeding to 3. 5 is right out! once thou counts to 3. being the third number being reached, then thou lobbest thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, towards thy foe, who be nort in my sight, dare snuff it...
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 06:25 PM
Street Freekz

Send a message via MSN to 96_Cougar Send a message via Yahoo to 96_Cougar
I listen to just about anything - rock, rap/hip hop, country, Christian rap/rock, etc.

I have almost 5300 songs on my computer as of right now so I can pick from pretty much anything....

In Memory of FD 420

"This will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave" ~ Elmer Davis, American news commentator (1890-1958). God bless all veterans: past & present.
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 06:27 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96_Cougar View Post
I listen to just about anything - rock, rap/hip hop, country, Christian rap/rock, etc.

I have almost 5300 songs on my computer as of right now so I can pick from pretty much anything....
looks like you and i are in the same boat ryan.. lol

♠Zack♠
Quote:
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 06:34 PM
2nd Gear Poster

i listen to every thing in the shop but in the car i listen to the supercharger wine
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 07:28 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via Yahoo to 94 Thunderbird XX
I like a LOT of stuff. Not much rap, screamo, etc. though.

I like having a ton of mp3s in my pc, and just hit random play....I love not knowing what's gonna play next.
Could be Siouxie Sioux, could be Morbid Angel.
Could be Ministry, could be Judas Priest.
Could be AC/DC, could be ZZ Top.
Could be Melissa Etheridge, could be Slayer.
Could be Bad Company, could be REO Speedwagon.
Could be KMFDM, could be Lacuna Coil.
Could be Styx, could be Black Sabbath.
Could be Mercyful Fate, could be....

Ah, you get the idea by now.
Geez, I couldn't possibly list all my favorites. Not going anywhere for awhile? Because there are just sooo many genres and bands/artists I love. But just for starters: Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Slayer, Bad Company, Megadeth, Metallica, Death, Celtic Frost, Hallows Eve, Helstar, Iced Earth, Queensryche, Fates Warning, Kreator, KMFDM, Sanctuary, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Manowar, Forbidden, Morbid Angel, Deicide, Styx, Cannibal Corpse, Mercyful Fate, King Diamond, Cycle Sluts From Hell, Candlemass, Darkane, Saint Vitus, Sepultura, Dimmu Borgir, Borknagar, Hypocrisy, Aeolus, Tim Skold, Rush, Siouxie Sioux and the Banshees, Insane Clown Posse, Meliah Rage, Misfits, Danzig, Type O Negative, Lords of Acid, Crisis, Cirith Ungol, Nevermore, Accept, Overkill, Annhilator, Possessed, Rainbow, Lacuna Coil, Ministry, Suicidal Tendencies, Immortal, Powermad, Vio-lence, Testament, Satyricon, Venom, Sodom, Cradle of Filth, Metal Church, Anthrax, Pantera, Savatage, Nuclear Assault, S.O.D., Paradise Lost, Sacred Reich, Dio, F5, and course the mighty Dethklok!

Then a shout-out to some great local (Wisconsin/Illinois/Minnesota) bands to check out. MySpace would be your best bet; hit that Search button. Morbid Saint, Urn (u.s.), Fogcrawler, Dad the Plow, Chainsnap, Soulkeep, Blacklist, A Tortured Soul, Obscuria, Rune, Flat Atom, The Vintage Burning, Cobz Web, Kennedy Road, Agnus Jackson, Lot 74, Discord, Malice In Wonderland, Witch Beulah, Lords of Discipline, Harsh Reality, Worm, Project 44, Black Crossroad, Venus DeMars, Sacred Dawn, Underground Day1, Redomacy, Mother Hive Syndicate, Futureghost.

Delete my account.
post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 07:43 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Evanescence! Big Amy Lee fan here.

And of course everything listed below... and then some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94 Thunderbird XX View Post
I like a LOT of stuff. Not much rap, screamo, etc. though.

I like having a ton of mp3s in my pc, and just hit random play....I love not knowing what's gonna play next.
Could be Siouxie Sioux, could be Morbid Angel.
Could be Ministry, could be Judas Priest.
Could be AC/DC, could be ZZ Top.
Could be Melissa Etheridge, could be Slayer.
Could be Bad Company, could be REO Speedwagon.
Could be KMFDM, could be Lacuna Coil.
Could be Styx, could be Black Sabbath.
Could be Mercyful Fate, could be....

Ah, you get the idea by now.
Geez, I couldn't possibly list all my favorites. Not going anywhere for awhile? Because there are just sooo many genres and bands/artists I love. But just for starters: Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Slayer, Bad Company, Megadeth, Metallica, Death, Celtic Frost, Hallows Eve, Helstar, Iced Earth, Queensryche, Fates Warning, Kreator, KMFDM, Sanctuary, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Manowar, Forbidden, Morbid Angel, Deicide, Styx, Cannibal Corpse, Mercyful Fate, King Diamond, Cycle Sluts From Hell, Candlemass, Darkane, Saint Vitus, Sepultura, Dimmu Borgir, Borknagar, Hypocrisy, Aeolus, Tim Skold, Rush, Siouxie Sioux and the Banshees, Insane Clown Posse, Meliah Rage, Misfits, Danzig, Type O Negative, Lords of Acid, Crisis, Cirith Ungol, Nevermore, Accept, Overkill, Annhilator, Possessed, Rainbow, Lacuna Coil, Ministry, Suicidal Tendencies, Immortal, Powermad, Vio-lence, Testament, Satyricon, Venom, Sodom, Cradle of Filth, Metal Church, Anthrax, Pantera, Savatage, Nuclear Assault, S.O.D., Paradise Lost, Sacred Reich, Dio, F5, and course the mighty Dethklok!

Then a shout-out to some great local (Wisconsin/Illinois/Minnesota) bands to check out. MySpace would be your best bet; hit that Search button. Morbid Saint, Urn (u.s.), Fogcrawler, Dad the Plow, Chainsnap, Soulkeep, Blacklist, A Tortured Soul, Obscuria, Rune, Flat Atom, The Vintage Burning, Cobz Web, Kennedy Road, Agnus Jackson, Lot 74, Discord, Malice In Wonderland, Witch Beulah, Lords of Discipline, Harsh Reality, Worm, Project 44, Black Crossroad, Venus DeMars, Sacred Dawn, Underground Day1, Redomacy, Mother Hive Syndicate, Futureghost.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 07:55 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MadMikeyL
Let's see. The 10 in the changer right now are
-Social Distortion: White Light, White Heat, White Trash
-The Good, The Bad, and The Queen. This band is the singer from Blur, the guitarist from the Verve, the bassist from the Clash, and the drummer from Fela Kuti! And it is ****ing AWESOME!
-Streetlight Manifesto: Somewhere in the Between
-Bad Religion: Against the Grain
-NOFX: War on Errorism
-Bruce Springsteen: Greetings from Asbury Park NJ
-The Toasters: Don't let the Bastards Grind You Down
-AC/DC: Highway to Hell
-Oingo Boingo
-Streetlight Manifesto: Everything Goes Numb

I also have almost 300Gigs of music on my computer!

-91 Cougar LS, coming soon, complete overhaul with a 427" Windsor.
-90 XR7 5-speed black on black w/sunroof, MP2, coated rotors, double intercooler, 15%OD, ported heads, comp stage 1 cam, 85mm TB, 90MM LMAF, 80# injectors, and ported big valve heads
-98 Mark VIII LSC, Procharger P600b, TR3650 swap and 3.73s.
-90 SC Automatic rustbucket winter beater
-97 Tbird Sport 4.6 Nice weather daily driver
-"Your buddy Mike is INSANE!" -ClintD's dad
post #11 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 07:55 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunk Monkey View Post

fan or stalker? shes pretty hot lol. anyone like tenacious d?

♠Zack♠
Quote:
post #12 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 08:00 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunk Monkey View Post

sweet. I see we got a lot of metalheads here.
(minus the amy lee reference. all show imo)
Behemoth
RATM (older stuff)
Atheist
Vehemence
Dark tranquility
Opeth
Meshuggah
tool (No.1 all time favorite)
Sepultura
Hypocrisy
Bloodbath
Gorgoroth
Kalmah
Katatonia
Kreator
Disincarnate
Theres mor but thats all I can think of.

Last edited by fiveohbird; 05-19-2008 at 08:07 PM.
post #13 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Rob Zombie
Ozzie Osbourne
Alice Cooper...

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #14 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

in no particular order, toby keith, trace adkins, gary allan kellie pickler, jake owen, joe nichols, kenny chesney, emerson drive, james otto, phil vassar, jason aldean, bucky covington, alan jackson, chris cagle brooks and dunn, tracy lawrence, rodney adkins, carrie underwood, ashton shepherd, rascal flatts, saliva, craig morgan, ac/dc, big and rich, nickleback, elvis, reba mcentire, john michael montgomery, montgomery gentry, kidrock, george strait, brad paisly tim mcgraw etc etc etc.

but always at the number 1 is MegadetH

CMP Drag Racing
best ET: 12.410 -- best MPH: 107.61
NMRA MM7270 -- NMCA EFI/? ????
Thank you to the CMP Drag Racing team: Tony, Doug, Maryann, Dale, Paul and Chris.

post #15 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Amateur Expert

Send a message via AIM to Embalmer
Lately I've been listening to:

Opeth - Watershed
Warrel Dane (Nevermore singer) - Praises to the War Machine
Porcupine Tree - Lightbulb Sun and Stupid Dream
Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos
Chevelle - Vena Sera
Filter - Anthems for the Damned
Three - The End is Begun

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium - SOLD March 2014.
2013 Ford Taurus SHO (TUXESHO) Tuxedo Black Bone stock for now.
post #16 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 08:34 PM
PostWhore

lets see....
iron maiden, killswitch engage, anthrax ,slayer, dead kennedys, bullet for my valentine, atreyu, alice cooper, sabbath, dio, ozzy, judas priest, 3 days grace, 3 doors down, seether, theory of a dead man, five finger death punch, foo fighters, acdc, ashes divide, blackfoot, motley crue, billy thorpe, boston, bon jovi, crossfade, the cult, blue oyster cult, deep purple, def leppard, disturbed, drowning pool, eagles, the offspring, GnR, godsmack, josh turner, korn, zepplin, pink floyd, skynard, ted nugent, metallica, STP, pearl jam, papa roach, puddle of mudd, powerman 5000, rob zombie, white zombie, van halen, wolfmother... those are just off the top of my head.. i could keep going... lol

♠Zack♠
Quote:
post #17 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 09:09 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Great Obucina
skynard.

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #18 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 09:56 PM
5th Gear Poster

Depends on what I am doing. Some sort of rock or metal for when I want to speed, Rap for when I want to cruise, and everything else on the way to or from work. (Except country. Not a fan what so ever.)

97 T-bird Silver 4.6

If it aint one thing its another.
post #19 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 10:15 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Send a message via MSN to sik97bird
Bad company, deep purple, nickleback, ozzy, van halen, guns n roses, job for a cowboy- entombment/DOOM ( when im pissed), carlos santana. etc

I'M BACK
97 Supercharged Ford Thunderbird with warpdrive
Check out my Gallery

vist the Man RobertP at www.robstireandauto.com
post #20 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 10:19 PM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
just anything part of new wave of british heavy metal: iron maiden, pre pryomania def leppard, diamond head, saxon, motorhead, girlschool, raven, judas priest, ect.

-Matt
post #21 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 09:33 AM
Veteran Poster

Anything, and by that I mean literally anything. Just check my last.fm profile to see what I've been listening to, I guess that's the easiest way.

My favorite band of all time, though? The Clash.

- Alex B.
Ranger Up - Not everyone's war stories end in high school.

Out of the Thunderbird game for now.
post #22 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 10:09 AM
5th Gear Poster

current song I like to **** - hot rod feat. tila tequila & B.Dozer

Lenore '96 LX 3.8L CarDomain
How to repair your Wiper/Turn Signal Switch
In a perfect world there would be no drag coefficient and honda civics would do 300mph, but then again who would want to go that fast in a tin can?
post #23 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Doeboy - Gorilla Zoe

(if you sit in my car, you'd understand)

1994 Thunderbird - 2000 4.2L M5R2 now has 55k

1995 Thunderbird - 2002 Alum 4.6L SVO - Awaiting transplant... (Parts donor)

1996 Cougar - 2004 3.9L 4R70W
post #24 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 10:41 AM
5th Gear Poster

thats a mint song

Lenore '96 LX 3.8L CarDomain
How to repair your Wiper/Turn Signal Switch
In a perfect world there would be no drag coefficient and honda civics would do 300mph, but then again who would want to go that fast in a tin can?
post #25 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 10:46 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRWK View Post
thats a mint song
mint?

1994 Thunderbird - 2000 4.2L M5R2 now has 55k

1995 Thunderbird - 2002 Alum 4.6L SVO - Awaiting transplant... (Parts donor)

1996 Cougar - 2004 3.9L 4R70W
post #26 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 10:56 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to 351cat
i'm currently listening to the Flobots... Never heard of 'em? check 'em out sometime, they're the ones with the song that goes "i can ride my bike with no handlebars, no handlebars" good song, great album. the album is called "Fight with Tools"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Hedberg
"Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry For The Convenience."
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar_guy04 View Post
Red Green, is that you? Might consider looking into fabbing an intake setup that isn't so, well, ghetto.
post #27 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 12:36 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to joshbea6
Just saw Opeth and Dream Theater this past Friday. Can't beat the musicianship of Dream Theater. They are F-ing UNREAL!

On the playlist,

Scream Aim Fire - Bullet for my Valentine
Unbreakable - Fireflight
Comatose - Skillet
Images and Words - Dream Theater
Flyleaf - Flyleaf
Karmacode - Lacuna Coil
Meteora - Linkin Park
All the Right Reasons - Nickelback
Moving Pictures - Rush
Tantric - Tantric

1997 LX Sport 4.6L 2.73 , MODS=SCT tuned/J-Mod/Trans Cooler/Dyno max Cat-Back/NgkPlugs/Mac cold air/March UD's/FRPP aluminumcarrier3.73's(spare for strip use)/ PI cams + PI intake manifold w/adapter plate/ Mark VIII Convertor/80mm L-Maf/70mm TB/ Mark VIII 1 piece shaft/Cobra R' wheels/ Kumhos 235/60/16 - White leather w/ blue cloth seats - white face gauges in 95 cluster
post #28 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 01:45 PM
Amateur Expert

Send a message via AIM to Embalmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshbea6 View Post
Just saw Opeth and Dream Theater this past Friday. Can't beat the musicianship of Dream Theater. They are F-ing UNREAL!
Yeah, I saw them last Tuesday. They are, without a doubt, my favorite band of all time. I've seen them on every tour since 1990 and bought every one of their CD's and DVD's on the day it was released. Three were really good, too but I didn't care too much for BTBAM.

2007 Ford Mustang GT Premium - SOLD March 2014.
2013 Ford Taurus SHO (TUXESHO) Tuxedo Black Bone stock for now.
post #29 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 05:53 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via Yahoo to 94 Thunderbird XX
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicRattlehead View Post
in no particular order, toby keith, trace adkins, gary allan kellie pickler, jake owen, joe nichols, kenny chesney, emerson drive, james otto, phil vassar, jason aldean, bucky covington, alan jackson, chris cagle brooks and dunn, tracy lawrence, rodney adkins, carrie underwood, ashton shepherd, rascal flatts, saliva, craig morgan, ac/dc, big and rich, nickleback, elvis, reba mcentire, john michael montgomery, montgomery gentry, kidrock, george strait, brad paisly tim mcgraw etc etc etc.

but always at the number 1 is MegadetH
....was starting to wonder a bit there, seeing as your name is "Vic Rattlehead" !!

Didja know Dave Ellefsons' new band is "F5"? My friends' band opened for them in a small club here. GREAT pics that never got backed up, and lost in a big pc crash.

Delete my account.
post #30 of 59 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 09:59 PM
No, Mr. Lemmywinks, No!!!

Garage
I listen to everything; I ripped all the cds to mp3, and play from there.

This morning to work was Drowning Pool;
Work was Marilyn Manson;
Lunch was Snoop Dogg;
Drive home was White Zombie...

I'm listening to Cheap Trick right now, while burning a Skynard/Molly Hatchet/Johnny Rebel Cd for tomorrow's drive...

BTW, 96_Cougar, I now have 14,140 files in 3,572 directories...all my CDs.

Wow, 123Gigs of albums... I hadn't looked in awhile.

Anyone else buy the korn album for the song from the Ford commercial? (If not, just buy the song... )

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

"War Is Peace. Freedom Is Slavery. Ignorance Is Strength." - George Orwell.
Truth Isn't Truth. - Rudy Giuliani, 2018 Award winner, “Most Outrageous Diversion” by MSNBC for this quote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in