Rant...people at work - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Angry Rant...people at work

Let me start by saying that I like my job and the company I work for. However, there is an individual I work with who is a supervisor and he is the dumbest POS I have ever come across in my life. He comes in wasted at 7:00 and goes to the package store at lunch to tip a few back. If you tell him to do something today he will do it different next week or not remember at all, that is only after he gives you a whole bunch of attitude. I shouldn't even mention the 25+ year people who just wait to retire and half of them really can care less one way or the other although there are are a few good ones who are always willing to help out. I am sure that every company has these people in them, it just stinks working with and around them! Lets hear your horror stories I can't be alone out here LOL.

1995 LX 4.6 Stock for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 09:52 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to stickysilvertbird Send a message via MSN to stickysilvertbird Send a message via Yahoo to stickysilvertbird
when i worked for walgreens.. there was a few people that i can rant about.. #1.. my manager.. little (height wise..) asian dude that could pick me up and throw me across the store if he wanted to.... always using his "build" to threaten people into doing their work.. #2... the head cashier.. her brother is the manager of another store (that my mom works in..) so wshe was all high and mighty because of that.. and shes one of those people that have a stick in her ass about EVERYTHING(!!) so naturally .. what does she do.. *****.. about everything and everyone...#3.. the ass.t manager.. mr rockett... not being racist but hes one of those.. "i grew up in the ghetto.. i know everything" kind black guys.. always thought he was better than everyone else.. made you clean the bathrooms with a wire brush if you said it was a slow day...

when i worked at napa.. the manager there.. bob.. i hated his voice.. he has this nasaly mono tone voice.. you should here him answer the phone.. he says everything real fast except his name(which he prolongs to no end..) so it sounds like one word.. "hellonapaautoparts, booooooooob"..

ok im done.. NEXT!! lol

♠Zack♠
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Maynard
Thou shalt pullest out thy pin and count to 3. no more, no less. 4 thou shall not count. nor shall thou count to 2, unless then proceeding to 3. 5 is right out! once thou counts to 3. being the third number being reached, then thou lobbest thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, towards thy foe, who be nort in my sight, dare snuff it...
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 11:09 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to 351cat
i had to teach my Assistant Manager how to read and round up (or down) decimals. Example: The daily reports print out the volume of Fuel we sell the previous day. (i work at a C-Store) the reading is in this format...

XXX.XX000

She would read 87. 84000 and write on the Fuel audit sheet 8,784. Took me a good 20 minutes to get her to realize that the number should simply be 88... She claims she graduated High School. I tend to disagree, lol

NEXT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch Hedberg
"Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry For The Convenience."
Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar_guy04 View Post
Red Green, is that you? Might consider looking into fabbing an intake setup that isn't so, well, ghetto.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 12:14 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94 Daily Driven 4.6L
I work for DoD.... PLEASE don't get me started....

There's not enough memory on the TCCoA servers for me to complete a rant about the level of incompetence I see on a daily basis!!! A handful of very knowledgeable and hard working people are doing the majority of the work while the rest just cruise along drawing in that nice paycheck.

I've been employed every day since Aug 1982... Boy do I have some stories about "fellow employees"!!!

97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (Chip'd, 3.73 T/L... so far... )
97 Ford Aspire (Slow, but getting 36 mpg (f'n Ethenol!! )
84 F250 Dually w/6.9L Diesel (7.3L IDI pending)
73 Mercury Cougar Convertible w/351C 4V (Partially Restored)
69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
76 Glastron Carlson 23' Jet Boat w/460 CJ Engine
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 02:43 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94 Daily Driven 4.6L View Post
I work for DoD.... PLEASE don't get me started....

There's not enough memory on the TCCoA servers for me to complete a rant about the level of incompetence I see on a daily basis!!! A handful of very knowledgeable and hard working people are doing the majority of the work while the rest just cruise along drawing in that nice paycheck.

I've been employed every day since Aug 1982... Boy do I have some stories about "fellow employees"!!!
+1

Only I started in 1980.... and my attitude has drifted toward the "just drawing a check" side of the fence more every year that passes. Too frustrating otherwise.

Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are:
You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 03:40 PM
6th Gear Poster

Please forgive my ignorance, but by "DoD" do you mean Department of Defense? just curious

Quote:
Quote:
Red Green, is that you? Might consider looking into fabbing an intake setup that isn't so, well, ghetto.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 03:59 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351cat View Post
...but by "DoD" do you mean Department of Defense? just curious
yup.

Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are:
You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 04:05 PM
6th Gear Poster

ok, cool. so your sayin that the majority of the ppl working for a goverment agency are incompetent? No way [/sarcasm]

sorry i had to.

Quote:
Quote:
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 04:21 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Nativedetroiter Send a message via MSN to Nativedetroiter Send a message via Yahoo to Nativedetroiter
Dude, if you only knew brother, if you only knew. You would be amazed at the multiple cases of ignorance.

Ya, its funny, Funny like a Clown.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned Veteran Poster

I'm glad that I'm not alone, i guess we all work with a worthless idiot or two...or three.

1995 LX 4.6 Stock for now.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Veteran Poster

It always seems that the boss is the idiot... Maybe I should stop aspiring to be the boss?

Eibach 1.5" Lower Springs, Koni Adjustable Shocks, SCP IRS Brace, SCP Lower Engine Cradle Brace, Mark VIII LCAs
Chuck's Poly Motor Mounts, 13" PBR Front and Cobra rear brakes, 245-45-18 ADR Kasai Wheels, RichardM Intake Tube
Super Coupe leather seats and console, Pioneer Head, Audison Amps, Boston SL Components, 10" Boston G5 subs, Reverse Glow EL Gauges, Super Coupe Ground Effects, '96 Hood and Headlights, Custom paint: Tungsten Silver, PI Intake, 4000 stall
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 09:14 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to stickysilvertbird Send a message via MSN to stickysilvertbird Send a message via Yahoo to stickysilvertbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95_SilverBird View Post
It always seems that the boss is the idiot... Maybe I should stop aspiring to be the boss?
no keep aspiring.. become the boss.. prove us all wrong and well come work for you lol

♠Zack♠
Quote:
Thou shalt pullest out thy pin and count to 3. no more, no less. 4 thou shall not count. nor shall thou count to 2, unless then proceeding to 3. 5 is right out! once thou counts to 3. being the third number being reached, then thou lobbest thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, towards thy foe, who be nort in my sight, dare snuff it...
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 09:33 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

dont even get me started on this subject.

CMP Drag Racing
best ET: 12.410 -- best MPH: 107.61
NMRA MM7270 -- NMCA EFI/? ????
Thank you to the CMP Drag Racing team: Tony, Doug, Maryann, Dale, Paul and Chris.

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 09:35 PM
PostWhore

I worked at a walmart for 2 yrs.
Nuff said?

"You Should See the Front!"

1995 Lazer Red Cougar
[email protected]
Custom Tru Duals, PI 4.6, JModded Tranny w/ TC.
Programmed by SCT Xcal2
Thanks to PalmGuy I have this beautiful masterpiece.
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 09:40 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITT-BIRD View Post
Nuff said?
hint taken lol.. i used to work for the hardrock cafe in Gatlinburg, TN.. and these people in florida say tourism is huge.. yea.. right.. lol if you live in florida.. ive probably seen you in that city.. lmao

♠Zack♠
Quote:
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 09:49 PM
No, Mr. Lemmywinks, No!!!

Garage
Vote with your feet, I did.

I worked at a place that started off good, but eventually totally sucked; the more money the owners made, the worse they acted...it was pathetic.

I quit, took a year off on my 401k cash, and looked for a real job; I found the right one, and I can truly say that I work with some brilliant people, and enjoy what I do.

I'm sure this isn't for everybody, but I'm so much better off; I have over 6 years with the 'new' job, and am working on and with some cool, bleeding edge electronic 'stuff'.

What most people call 'servers', we call 'data acquisition' computers...

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

"War Is Peace. Freedom Is Slavery. Ignorance Is Strength." - George Orwell.
Truth Isn't Truth. - Rudy Giuliani, 2018 Award winner, “Most Outrageous Diversion” by MSNBC for this quote
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 09:49 PM
13's or Mildly Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITT-BIRD View Post
Nuff said?
I work for Coca-Cola as a merchandisor and one of the stores on my route is a Wal-Mart... There are some people that have been there for a while and may enjoy it, but you can tell the others that are fed up with it.

And yeah - we all work with atleast one worthless idiot.. or two.. or three......

-Melon

1994 Thunderbird SC 3.8L Supercharged
1999 Crown Victoria P71 4.6
2000 Explorer 5.0
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 02:42 AM
6th Gear Poster

I gotta say, in working at a Convenience Store for a while. I'm a lot less fed up with my co-workers than i am with a select few of my "difficult" costumers... i also work graveyard, so i get all the tweakers, drunks, and potheads. One guy actually threatend my life when i denied him alcahol. Both because he was already wasted/driving, and because it was after 1:30 am (curfew in MO) so he left and i called in his plate to the cops, he got arrested for DWI and i haven't seen him since, lol.

Back on subject. I actually get along with and like the Manager, its the attention whore Assistant i'm having problems with.

Quote:
Quote:
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 02:46 AM
Pedal Faster

Send a message via AIM to Josh_Keady
I worked in a public school, don't get me sta-... Actually, that was a fantastic job and everyone worked their a$$es off. No complaints.

Josh Keady

1994 Super Coupe ('93 5.0L swap), 1990 Tbird 3.8L, 1982 Honda CB900F, 1972 F-100 SportCustom 4x4, 1970 Chevy Custom Camper / 20
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 02:02 PM
PostWhore

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96323