I might be going to the dark side! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

I might be going to the dark side!

I just made an offer on a 2001 Firebird WS6 from the dealer. They wanted 15,900 and I offered 14,000. Well they took it and I almost wonder if I should have gone lower... I really didn’t expect them to go to 14,000 honestly, but idk…

Anyway, I’ve always wanted some sort of F-body car subconsciously but I could never afford one until now. It was kind of an impulse thing but this car has everything I wanted in an F-body. I would have liked black exterior the best but red is a very close second.

All I know is that v8 + 6 speed manual = major fun for me, even if it’s GM

The car:
2001 Firebird Trans-Am WS6
Body is red, VERY good condition
6-speed
T-tops
Mileage is 78,000
No problems that I noticed in test drive
Clear history from car facts

The only thing I’m slightly regretting is the semi-high mileage, but it’s obvious that it’s been taken care of, at least the body...

Do you guys think that’s a fair price?

I am pretty nerves, I’ve never bought a car over $2,000 and I hope I made a good choice.

As for the Thunderbird... IDK what I’m going to do. I still love that car and REALLY don’t want to sell it, or make it a winter vehicle, but can’t have 2 summer vehicles. arrrrrr decisions (lol).

1995 T-bird 4.6l - Eibach lowering springs, Cobra R hood, One 12" sub woofer, Alpine type-R front speakers. 16.249 @85.11mph 1/4 mile
2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - Cam, headers, HPtuned by me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

That is a real good deal, maybe too good go over that car with a fine tooth comb. I almost bought a 99 trans am and it never panned out, I still want a WS6. They are sweet cars good luck.

1995 LX 4.6 Stock for now.

Last edited by Jeremys95Thunderbird; 06-03-2008 at 07:53 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 07:44 PM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via MSN to alasich
i always loved chev cars. My second car was a ford tempo and hated it. I love buicks aswell. But the cougar has changed my ways.

Nice purchase man, get some picts up here

Black 3.8L Cougar LS

Muffler removal, K&N Drop In Air Filter, 205/75/R15 Trail Rated Tires, Rear Chrome Removal, Front Fog Lights, Digital Dash Mod, New AOD Transmission with Shift Kit, Air Silencer Delete

~newly painter front and back bumper and side mirrors. Done by me, and quite proud of it!~
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 09:38 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ZackG Send a message via Yahoo to ZackG
man I am jealous.

97 Tbird 4.6
VT built block, fox lake PI heads
Vortech at XY psi
4.10's, KB boost a spark.
Yummy.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2147246
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 11:25 PM
PostWhore

Cool

Yea, they are very nice cars. And despite popular believe, car dealers make a load more money on used cars than they do on new. I sold at a Ford dealership for a time, and we (as sales reps) wanted the used sales. Profit margin on our lot was a "minimum" of 4,000 for a used vehicle. So, we had alot of room to drop if need be. I'm sure they still made a killing, or you would not be buying it. Be fore warned, they will try to ad to there profit by attempting to sell you extended warranties, accessories, service plans. We even had a closer who would come in after the sale to sit with the customer to "finalize" the paper work?. Thier job was to sell the above mentioned items. Don't buy anything extra unless you really need the peace of mind of an extra warrantee. But be sure to read ALL the print and terms. You may think you are getting full coverage when in fact you may just be covered on certain items. The time (and money) is yours to spend. So take your time. Good luck and I hope it works out
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Well I did get it! I can’t believe it, but this might be the first car I almost don’t even want to modify LOL. It pulls HARD in almost every gear, and the WS6 exhaust is pretty loud for a stock one. It zips right along in the city, but on the highway in 6th gear it doesn’t hit 2,000 rpm until 85mph LOL. So it should get OK mileage on the highway.

Actually I do need one modification, getting the CAGS (computer aided gear selection) bypassed. It really does suck; going from 1st to 4th really lugs the engine down.

Here are some pics:

Pics were from the day I brought it home, yesterday.

1995 T-bird 4.6l - Eibach lowering springs, Cobra R hood, One 12" sub woofer, Alpine type-R front speakers. 16.249 @85.11mph 1/4 mile
2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - Cam, headers, HPtuned by me.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 11:06 PM
PostWhore

Cool

How dare you religate that fine T'bird to the backyard . Very nice I'd a been drooling too. Congrats!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 12:01 AM
One And Only!

Send a message via AIM to PHATBRD
thats a beauty!
always loved them

hahah we have the same hood

WWW.PHATBRD.COM
1994 Ford Thunderbird
One-Of-A-Kind
Custom Painted Vortech Supercharged Cobra Engine
Slammed On Staggered 20's With Way To Many Mods To LIST

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 12:16 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Tx_Cat Send a message via MSN to Tx_Cat Send a message via Yahoo to Tx_Cat
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHATBRD View Post
thats a beauty!
hahah we have the same hood
No you don't.. His is much cooler because it's stock hood and not a wanna be WS6 hood

JK...

Looks awesome man... Have fun..

I

PhotobucketNitrous and boost go together like peanut butter and jellyPhotobucket

Nuttin make you feel more like a man in a Thunder Cougar Falcon Bird

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in