what should i do with her? - TCCoA Forums
View Poll Results: what should i do?!?!?
sell her? 5 19.23%
suck it up and fix her 17 65.38%
hide it in my back yard 8 30.77%
deal with it 11 42.31%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to stickysilvertbird Send a message via MSN to stickysilvertbird Send a message via Yahoo to stickysilvertbird
what should i do with her?

well since i cant really afford my bird right now.. im in a spot as to what to do with her.. what do you guys think?

♠Zack♠
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Maynard
Thou shalt pullest out thy pin and count to 3. no more, no less. 4 thou shall not count. nor shall thou count to 2, unless then proceeding to 3. 5 is right out! once thou counts to 3. being the third number being reached, then thou lobbest thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, towards thy foe, who be nort in my sight, dare snuff it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Voice/Data Guru

Keep it my 2 cents

2017 Mustang GT 5.0L 2nd gen, cold air box,tune,6 speed auto,RGR 3.31, Magnaflow Tru X-pipe ,GT350RStrips
Gray Mustang Registry # 8582

post #3 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 02:45 PM
PostSlut

are you in debt with the car?

Nick......................I'm back!!!
May you fly low and fast
rest in peace JL
post #4 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to stickysilvertbird Send a message via MSN to stickysilvertbird Send a message via Yahoo to stickysilvertbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by _95badbird View Post
are you in debt with the car?
lol your funny... i paid $1 for the car.. I(so it didnt look like favoritism to the other grandkids..) but i will be in debt with it if i fix it .. i have no job and i can barely scrape enough money together to have the tank full.. let alone rework the entire suspension, get a new exhaust, and have the tranny rebuilt

♠Zack♠
Quote:
Thou shalt pullest out thy pin and count to 3. no more, no less. 4 thou shall not count. nor shall thou count to 2, unless then proceeding to 3. 5 is right out! once thou counts to 3. being the third number being reached, then thou lobbest thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, towards thy foe, who be nort in my sight, dare snuff it...
post #5 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 02:56 PM
PostSlut

well, I don't keep up with everyone's car on here, but, if you have other transportaion, little money, then I would say, go the cheapest route......sell what you can, and make off of that.

May you fly low and fast
rest in peace JL
post #6 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickysilvertbird View Post
but i will be in debt with it if i fix it .. i have no job and i can barely scrape enough money together to have the tank full.. let alone rework the entire suspension, get a new exhaust, and have the tranny rebuilt
Then the 'Hide it' option looks really appealing right now.

Yes, I hate my Lincoln. Ask me about it sometime.

My Drivetribe garbage:
https://drivetribe.com/u/ivrqNaWFWj_...SaGpcKvLTz6v9w

My LarryLand Automotive Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Larry...61642343862942

My Scribd.com garbage: http://www.scribd.com/larry_vanzandt
post #7 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Great Obucina
you have a car that basically requires on a few dollars to operate on a daily basis, must be difficult. Work more hours or pursue an occupation that will net you a higher income.

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #8 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94 Daily Driven 4.6L
If you have other reliable transportation I would either sell it or part it out.

Parting it out can be a PITA, but you'll probably recoup the most money that way. And usually all it takes is time.

You gotta do what ya gotta do!!

I sold this: http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/303536...stanglarge.JPG when money was tight!!!

97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (Chip'd, 3.73 T/L... so far... )
97 Ford Aspire (Slow, but getting 36 mpg (f'n Ethenol!! )
84 F250 Dually w/6.9L Diesel (7.3L IDI pending)
73 Mercury Cougar Convertible w/351C 4V (Partially Restored)
69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
76 Glastron Carlson 23' Jet Boat w/460 CJ Engine
post #9 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:16 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Obucina View Post
you have a car that basically requires on a few dollars to operate on a daily basis, must be difficult. Work more hours or pursue an occupation that will net you a higher income.
as for you not being a jobless 18 year old in the florida job market , obucina, i would not expect you to know how hard it is to get a job right now.. as for the bird costing a few dollars to operate a day.. this thing getting 10-15 mpg is more than a few dollars.. among other things i have to buy on a daily basis to keep it running

♠Zack♠
Quote:
post #10 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:18 PM
Veteran Poster

Quote:
as for you not being a jobless 18 year old in the florida job market , obucina, i would not expect you to know how hard it is to get a job right now.. as for the bird costing a few dollars to operate a day.. this thing getting 10-15 mpg is more than a few dollars.. among other things i have to buy on a daily basis to keep it running
Jobless 18 year old? How about E-1 Private stickysilvertbird? That's a job.

- Alex B.
Ranger Up - Not everyone's war stories end in high school.

Out of the Thunderbird game for now.
post #11 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicks View Post
Jobless 18 year old? How about E-1 Private stickysilvertbird? That's a job.
i was only directing that at obucina because from what i remember he also lives in fl.. im not saying i have the worst luck finding a job as i wouldnt know how hard it is for other people in different states..

♠Zack♠
Quote:
post #12 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:21 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
boo ****in hoo, cry me a river. ive been employed for the past decade. Get a hair cut and a mach3 razor and walk into publix and get a job.

and do yourself a favor, dont lecture those of us who are employed, older, and actual bills to pay.

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #13 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:22 PM
PostSlut

Quote:
my truck only gets around 15 mpg........just drive slower.

May you fly low and fast
rest in peace JL
post #14 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMooseofDoom View Post
Then the 'Hide it' option looks really appealing right now.
lol no kidding but i dont know what id do with the title.. in florida.. if you have a title on a car even if it isnt roadworthy or even if its just the shell of the car you have to have insurance on it no matter what otherwise theres a huge fine and the loos of your liscense.. i guess i could transfer the tags to another car and resign the title back over to my grandfather (hes the one who gave it to me..) and just keep it in my back yard... lol

♠Zack♠
Quote:
post #15 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Veteran Poster

If you can't afford to run the Bird daily, can you even afford to buy another car?

- Alex B.

post #16 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94 Daily Driven 4.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by _95badbird View Post
my truck only gets around 15 mpg........just drive slower.
Or don't drive at all!

If one is not employed, where does one "have" to drive to?

97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (Chip'd, 3.73 T/L... so far... )
97 Ford Aspire (Slow, but getting 36 mpg (f'n Ethenol!! )
84 F250 Dually w/6.9L Diesel (7.3L IDI pending)
73 Mercury Cougar Convertible w/351C 4V (Partially Restored)
69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
76 Glastron Carlson 23' Jet Boat w/460 CJ Engine
post #17 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

or just have the vehicles insurance temporarily suspended if it sits for at minimum 30 days.

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
post #18 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Quote:
boo ****in hoo, cry me a river. ive been employed for the past decade. Get a hair cut and a mach3 razor and walk into publix and get a job.

and do yourself a favor, dont lecture those of us who are employed, older, and actual bills to pay.
omfg.. you people take everything i say in completely the wrong way.. i wasnt ****ing lecturing you .. i dont care how long youve been employed, honestly.. i was just stating the fact that its extremely hard to get a job in my area because no ones hiring..not even mcdonalds or publix is hiring..

♠Zack♠
Quote:
post #19 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:27 PM
PostSlut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94 Daily Driven 4.6L View Post
Or don't drive at all!

If one is not employed, where does one "have" to drive to?
true enough.....

May you fly low and fast
rest in peace JL
post #20 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
omfg.. you people take everything i say in completely the wrong way.. i wasnt ****ing lecturing you .. i dont care how long youve been employed, honestly.. i was just stating the fact that its extremely hard to get a job in my area because no ones hiring..not even mcdonalds or publix is hiring..
why would a manager want to hire an 18 year old with hair past his shoulder and more facial than he knows what to do with. You cant find a job because you arent trying....and publix is always hiring and I know there are more than ONE in your town.

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
post #21 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

a hard head makes for a soft ass.

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
post #22 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:32 PM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via MSN to alasich
if you have another car, sell it. Sometimes a person just needs to think about the best thing, and not the thing that will make you happy.

although, i normally regret all my decisions later, so dont listen to me

Black 3.8L Cougar LS

Muffler removal, K&N Drop In Air Filter, 205/75/R15 Trail Rated Tires, Rear Chrome Removal, Front Fog Lights, Digital Dash Mod, New AOD Transmission with Shift Kit, Air Silencer Delete

~newly painter front and back bumper and side mirrors. Done by me, and quite proud of it!~
post #23 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by alasich View Post
although, i normally regret all my decisions later, so dont listen to me
glad im not the only one lol

♠Zack♠
Quote:
post #24 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Quote:
why would a manager want to hire an 18 year old with hair past his shoulder and more facial than he knows what to do with. You cant find a job because you arent trying....and publix is always hiring and I know there are more than ONE in your town.
lol if your going by my myspace or some old picture ive posted on here then your horribly wrong. i actually have short hair now and im clean shaven.. (except the mustache) and actually.. in the palmetto/ellenton area.. there IS only ONE publix.. theres 2-3 in bradenton but i dont have the gas to drive to bradenton every day..

♠Zack♠
Quote:
post #25 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:37 PM
Veteran Poster

Quote:
glad im not the only one lol
...you're still dodging the question. Do you own another car? A less busted, more fuel efficient one? If so, sell off the Bird. So you won't have something to mod. Too bad. If money's as tight as you make it out to be, modding a car, even somewhere down the line, is the least of your concerns.

- Alex B.

post #26 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

booooo. i guess you can stay unemployed and cry about it....or should have gotten a job a while ago.

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
post #27 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:40 PM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via MSN to alasich
i would agree with alicks.

Moneys always a little tight for me (mostly my own fault) and as much as i want to mod my cougar, i have to do the right thing. It'll be a sad day i sell it, but one has to do what will make the most sense.

And whats the other car?

Black 3.8L Cougar LS

Muffler removal, K&N Drop In Air Filter, 205/75/R15 Trail Rated Tires, Rear Chrome Removal, Front Fog Lights, Digital Dash Mod, New AOD Transmission with Shift Kit, Air Silencer Delete

~newly painter front and back bumper and side mirrors. Done by me, and quite proud of it!~
post #28 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicks View Post
...you're still dodging the question. Do you own another car? A less busted, more fuel efficient one? If so, sell off the Bird. So you won't have something to mod. Too bad. If money's as tight as you make it out to be, modding a car, even somewhere down the line, is the least of your concerns.
modding the car IS the least of my concerns at the moment.. and as for owning another car... not in this state.. id have to sell the bird or cash out my savings acct and buy a lil escort or something.. just a beater for "to and from work" use

♠Zack♠
Quote:
post #29 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Veteran Poster

Quote:
modding the car IS the least of my concerns at the moment.. and as for owning another car... not in this state.. id have to sell the bird or cash out my savings acct and buy a lil escort or something.. just a beater for "to and from work" use
Well, considering you can't even afford to put gas in the tank of your Bird, how are you going to buy a beater? Would it be worth cashing out your savings account? Realistically, how much are you looking at to fix the T-bird? And if your gas mileage is really 10-15, you're doing something wrong.

- Alex B.

post #30 of 73 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 03:44 PM
PostWhore

then sell it and get a 4 banger and drive to work to get money to one day buy another tbird....not that hard. your driving an 8 cylinder in todays market with gas going up AND you don't have a job...this is an easy one for me.

most people talk, but few are up for the moment
-where there's money and imagination, there's cool cars
ohhh the Junkyard , one man's trash is another man's treasure

1993 3.8L Tbird----sold
1994 4.6L Tbird----sold
1995 Mark VIII----sold
2004 Mustang GT----sold
2003 Mach 1----current
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in