1966 Ford Thunderbird - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

1966 Ford Thunderbird

$600 running & driving very clean car need TLC that’s it.
WHY so cheap well it’s not mine it’s my neighbors I want it but my wife will kill w/more junk around here. The problem is the guy he got it from threw a barder deal did not have the registration. the other guy was an older guy who was the original owner I believe. Car was last registered in 1984 and sat since motor is a 390 carb gives a little trouble and one of the brake cylinders on one of the front is bad other the that IT’S A MUST my niegbor drives a wrecker and junks for a living and w/metal up and his wife on him its gotta go I talked him into holding off to tomorrow ill post it here for anyone local who might want to see it.

Farmingdale Longisland NY
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 02:16 PM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Koole Send a message via MSN to Koole
Wouldn't this go under "Cars For Sale"?
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94 Daily Driven 4.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by INNES View Post
$600 running & driving very clean car need TLC that’s it.
WHY so cheap well it’s not mine it’s my neighbors I want it but my wife will kill w/more junk around here. The problem is the guy he got it from threw a barder deal did not have the registration. the other guy was an older guy who was the original owner I believe. Car was last registered in 1984 and sat since motor is a 390 carb gives a little trouble and one of the brake cylinders on one of the front is bad other the that IT’S A MUST my niegbor drives a wrecker and junks for a living and w/metal up and his wife on him its gotta go I talked him into holding off to tomorrow ill post it here for anyone local who might want to see it.

Farmingdale Longisland NY
I hope you're not trying to circumvent the board rules by posting this in the Newbie Forum.

http://forums.tccoa.com/announcement.php?f=103

Quote:
New posters will not be able to post in the Group Purchases, Parts For Sale, Cars For Sale and Misc For Sale forums until they have been a forum member for 30 days and have AT LEAST 50 posts.
Quote:
People selling in the Cars or Parts for Sale forums must have a minimum of 25 posts to sell flat out. Anybody with less NEEDS to post their name, city, state, and zip publicly (within the post) and give their full contact info to at least one moderator including street address and phone number.
Just trying to help out by pointing out the "For Sale" rules.

97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (Chip'd, 3.73 T/L... so far... )
97 Ford Aspire (Slow, but getting 36 mpg (f'n Ethenol!! )
84 F250 Dually w/6.9L Diesel (7.3L IDI pending)
73 Mercury Cougar Convertible w/351C 4V (Partially Restored)
69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
76 Glastron Carlson 23' Jet Boat w/460 CJ Engine
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Sorry didn’t read the rules but it not let me post it there and I refuse to let this car go to the crusher so I put it here where it let me. I sure most would have a bigger problem w/the fact that this car was destroyed. this cars is not mine and the guy is not making any money on it any body who knows anything will tell you metal is up to .11 cents pound and the scraper yanks the motor for export this is why he first offered it to me for 600 it wasn’t the money but my small long island house w/no property and to many cars already that my wife wants to kill me.

Car is still there friend of a friend came yesterday said he’d be back. But he was warned anyone who w/ the money takes it...

P.S I know I have know reputation here I stop but more and then and troll around had a 91 T-bird years ago before I was computer friendly but if you want to look me up I’m more of a regular at www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com and go buy the same screen name.

Last edited by INNES; 06-13-2008 at 01:56 PM. Reason: P.S & s in forum link no worky
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 10:48 AM
Veteran Poster

If anyone's interested in this at all, I work in Farmingdale, so I could go and take pictures for you. I wouldn't be able to inspect anything for anyone, because I wouldn't know what to look for, but still.

- Alex B.
Ranger Up - Not everyone's war stories end in high school.

Out of the Thunderbird game for now.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 11:26 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

what of the 4 models is this car? what options are on the car color etc

ill skip the part about this post being in the wrong forum but do you even have a clue as to how to write a for sale ad?? this isnt even close. some more details would be a start a pic or 40 would be better.

CMP Drag Racing
best ET: 12.410 -- best MPH: 107.61
NMRA MM7270 -- NMCA EFI/? ????
Thank you to the CMP Drag Racing team: Tony, Doug, Maryann, Dale, Paul and Chris.

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Sorry I have no pics and sorry again for going around the rules its light blue 2 door, talking to someone on the phone they asked when they found out what year it was if it was the big one or small one and I described the car as non suicide doors and he said it’s the big one maybe it’s a split year I’m learning too. I didn’t see if they worked it. Oh and though appears this is the birds w/the sequencer taillights

Last edited by INNES; 06-13-2008 at 01:57 PM. Reason: OH
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 04:02 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Nativedetroiter Send a message via MSN to Nativedetroiter Send a message via Yahoo to Nativedetroiter
Ok, dude, here is the thing, is it a base, no vinyl top; Landau, with a Vinyl top, or a Convertible.

And its Light Blue ok. Should be a 390 4V then...

What color is the interior? Are they hubcaps or wire wheels?

Ya, its funny, Funny like a Clown.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Ok is it a
Hardtop (5window)
town hardtop (3window)
Town Landeau (3window)
convertible (5window)

Get the vin its on the core support

Does it have the following options...
air
power windows
power vent windows
power drivers seat
reclining passengers seat
rear center radio speaker
Am/8track radio
whitewall w/ red band tire
safety convience package
power radio antenna
fender skirts
stainless exterior trim

I'll add to this when I get home

CMP Drag Racing
Thank you to the CMP Drag Racing team: Tony, Doug, Maryann, Dale, Paul and Chris.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 06:50 PM
smoothed and filled red pearl 94

Send a message via AIM to 94MN1246
i was under the impression that all birds had power windows from the very beginning in 55.

-John
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Nativedetroiter Send a message via MSN to Nativedetroiter Send a message via Yahoo to Nativedetroiter
nope; it was an option. I have that Option in my 63

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 09:18 PM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to T-bird_fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativedetroiter View Post
nope; it was an option. I have that Option in my 63

Ok I know you have seen it, what year is the one on Plymouth road?

J-Mod, MMC D/S, 24k gvw Tranny Cooler, Mark VIII TC,13” KVR Frt brakes, FRPP 3.73 rear, PI cams & Intake plus P&P NPI heads with the cooling mod, 1 3/8" Rr swaybar.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Oh, I know which one you are talking about, that is a 64 Convert... He wants 25K for that, needs some small work last I saw it. Nice car though....

And he looks as if he has a 67/69 there too....

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 10:46 PM Thread Starter

Its has a black Vinyl top not sure how many windows think 3 though by the time I find out tomorrow it might be to late he ant waiting till Sunday. Think the interior is black to not sure of the options though it’s a sharp looking car.
It’s going to be a sad day in the car world when he brings this car to the crusher. I would only hope the guys at the yard do the right thing but again nobody wants to take the day it take of running around and registering this I guess.

On the bright side another post for me
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

At least I’m getting interest from you guys i posted on my forum and corral w no response feel free to spread the word
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 11:12 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by INNES View Post
At least I’m getting interest from you guys i posted on my forum and corral w no response feel free to spread the word
if i had any damn information on the fukin car i would spread the word. but no i dont have any info to give someone. listen im involved with people that have concorse cars stuff thats exactly the way it came from the factory these people want the info im asking for. without this info i cant tell them squat. its like me going to some famous guitarist and telling them hey i have a guitar, i think its a gibson, you want it???? that doesnt fly with them or me. so get the info before you come back here waisting my time!

#*(%&* i hate people.

CMP Drag Racing

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Sorry I know it’s kinda vague but the key to the fact is most got the gist of what it is and its 600 dollars. Tomorrow morning ill going to stop bye there and try and get more options but it will be to late this is really for someone who lives local just trying to save the car.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 11:33 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

do you understand they type of contacts i have?

and also, if it was what im looking for, id be in the truck already on my way to knocking on your front door tomorrow morning to have you show me this thing. but you havent given me any info on what it is to make me get up and get in the truck. so. buhbye

CMP Drag Racing

post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicRattlehead View Post
do you understand they type of contacts i have?

and also, if it was what im looking for, id be in the truck already on my way to knocking on your front door tomorrow morning to have you show me this thing. but you havent given me any info on what it is to make me get up and get in the truck. so. buhbye
No I don’t understand what contacts you have and I did not know you personally were interested in it. why didn’t you just directly ask. I figured everyone was just asking curiosity questions and ill happy answer them to the best of my ability.
Again ill analogize to the moderators and members for circumventing around your rules but the bigger sin here will be this car being crushed.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 01:20 PM
3rd Gear Poster

I'm sure there would be a few people interested in this if THERE WAS MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE CAR.

With that said...I'd be interested in it. NEED pictures though, first.
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

Heres some pics for you all sorry it’s a littlie tight there but I was in a rush to that my life.
Hope this answers a lot of questions at least. The interior pics came out blurry but I gotta tell you it’s next to perfect. The only real body damage is the hood; don’t know the history on that. The body it straight paint is old and it has signs of rust but not much.
Anyway heres another bump; part of me wants this not to go and hopefully my wife will give in and let me have it.

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 08:47 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
That does look good. If I didn't have to transfer in a few years, I think I could manage getting that to the house. A very solid project car. Really. That is very decent.

post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

car is sold i mean saved well sold and saved.
next time ill try and watch the rules more but the car is saved from the crusher
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-25-2008, 09:29 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Dude, as long as you got it saved, To tell you the truth, that was about as close of a car that my mom had that I have seen in a very long time, her interior however was white.

Hope you can keep us posted as to how that car comes along, there is a growing passion for these old birds....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in