hot rod power tour at my home town! - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

hot rod power tour at my home town!

that was pretty cool. rochester is chok full of ricers everywhere... they didnt know what to think about 1000 superior automobiles stomping around their territory. it was pretty cool seeing all these cars, but once you have seen every surviving olds 442 or 69 Camero in America the "wow" factor just kinda fades. one thing me and my buddies were saying was "Oh my god guys look is that a suped up fourth generation Camero?" "wow! really? a fourth generation Camero?" "where?" "over there! quick lets go see it!" "this is so cool I've never seen a suped up fourth generation Camero before!"... its "amazing" just how many people have already stuck a LS7 in their fourth generation camero.

oh yeah....

zero MN12s

Shipping out to basic training for the army on april 12th!

Bird is on serious down time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

I hear you on the 69 Camaro's. See them all the time at shows. Not so many Olds though, might just be the area.

I'm not a fan of the 4th gen. slo-maro, but I do respect the LS7. IIRC, doesn't that motor pump out near 500HP stock? I'd rather stick that LS7 in a 70 Monte SS and drive that, but I'm a bigger fan of the 1st gen Monte's than most Camaro's so I'm probably biased

I don't think the general hot-rod community sees the MN-12 platform as possible muscle car. An 11 year old platform that had an anemic 4.6L doesn't really compare to some of those cars. Don't get me wrong, I love my 95, but it's never going to be a head turner like some of the older muscle unless I drop some serious $$ into it, and even then you'll never see the return on the car or mods if you sell compared to a good restored muscle car.

Jay

These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 06:36 PM
shaken, not stirred

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob9646 View Post

oh yeah....

zero MN12s

LIAR!!!!

I did the whole Power Tour. And in a day or so will have all the pics from it up. But yes, I was the only MN12 that did the whole tour. There was a couple Mark VIII at a couple stops, but that was it.

C.Hill

'97 Laser Red T-bird w/ Option 66S - 125,000 miles, stock except for 3.73s Best ET 15.6 @ 88.3
'94 Electric Red T-bird LX V-8- 212,000 miles- SOLD
2005 Ebony Black Excursion Limited 6.0 Diesel STUDDED

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

http://www.tailofthedragon.com <---- A test of driving ability and nerves.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangboy7 View Post
LIAR!!!!

I did the whole Power Tour. And in a day or so will have all the pics from it up. But yes, I was the only MN12 that did the whole tour. There was a couple Mark VIII at a couple stops, but that was it.

C.Hill
where were you parked in rochester? i walked the whole lot.... maybe there was some crazy coincidence that i happened to walk around the only spot you were parked??!! damnit.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 04:22 AM
shaken, not stirred

I pulled in about 2pm and was in the very last paved parking lot between 2 Mustangs. Unless you walked the entire venue at Rochester you couldve easily missed me. Had a bad spot.

C.Hill

'97 Laser Red T-bird w/ Option 66S - 125,000 miles, stock except for 3.73s Best ET 15.6 @ 88.3
'94 Electric Red T-bird LX V-8- 212,000 miles- SOLD
2005 Ebony Black Excursion Limited 6.0 Diesel STUDDED

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason so few engage in it."
- Henry Ford

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

http://www.tailofthedragon.com <---- A test of driving ability and nerves.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2008, 07:26 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

by the time i was over on that last side i was in a hurry and trying to see everything before i had to run to work... well shoot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in