Bike insurance.. - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Tx_Cat Send a message via MSN to Tx_Cat Send a message via Yahoo to Tx_Cat
Bike insurance..

Ok.. So since this is my first bike and I am over 25, was looking for insurance and Progressive is my best choice. I got two different quotes. One without collision and the other with collision. Here is a break down:

Drivers: ME

Policy Coverages

Bodily Injury & Property Damage: $25,000 person/$50,000 accident/$25,000 property damage

Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury: No coverage

Personal Injury Protection: No coverage

Medical Payments: No coverage

Transport Trailer: No coverage

Vehicle Coverages for 2008 Kawasaki Ex650 :

Comprehensive: $1,000 deductible

Collision: No coverage

Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist Property Damage: No coverage

Roadside Assistance: No coverage

Accessory coverage: $1 - $3,000

Now, if I get collision, this is how it would change:

Drivers:

Policy Coverages

Bodily Injury & Property Damage:$100,000 person/$300,000 accident/$50,000 property damage

Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury:No coverage

Personal Injury Protection:No coverage

Medical Payments:No coverage

Transport Trailer:No coverage

Vehicle Coverages for 2008 Kawasaki Ex650r :

Comprehensive:$1,000 deductible

Collision:$1,000 deductible

Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist Property Damage:No coverage

Roadside Assistance: No coverage

Accessory coverage: $1 - $3,000

I really do not know what to do. Many people tell me to not get collision that's not worth it. What do you guys have on your insurance?? And what do you suggest?

PhotobucketNitrous and boost go together like peanut butter and jellyPhotobucket

Nuttin make you feel more like a man in a Thunder Cougar Falcon Bird

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 11:49 AM
PostWhore

When I had a bike I just had liability on it, because my feeling was that I paid cash for it, and it was just a toy. And if you can't afford to lose a toy, then you really can't afford that toy.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 06:52 PM
5th Gear Poster

It's not if you paid cash for the bike or not. It's what is gonna happen if someone pulls out in front of me and I'm seriously injured. To add insult to injury, they have no insurance. Without uninsured/underinsured coverage your stuck using your health insurance to recouperate. God forbid you dont have health insurance. You can almost bet that if you're involved in a crash on a bike you will be injured. I went with the high coverages on my bike. 300,000/500,000 and all the same for the uninsured policy. It doesnt take much to get to 25,000 in medical bills if your hurt. Heck, the ambulance ride is close to 800.00. If the air lift you I wouldnt even begin to imagine the bill. Pay the extra every month because as they say, there are 2 types of motorcycle riders..........those that have gone down and those that will.

97 'Bird w/an 04 Explorer lower, 8lb AED upper, Marauder TC, 93 MK VIII DS
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2008, 11:19 PM
PostWhore

True that. I sold it after I got hit by a car that "didn't see me" and passed me at an intersection. Too dangerous for a nervous type like myself.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ben_cline Send a message via MSN to ben_cline Send a message via Yahoo to ben_cline
I have Progressive. $125/yr isn't bad. Motorcycle was like a personal birthday gift to myself. Paid $1700 cash for it. Have had some accidents, but I figured with comprehensive I'd spend a lot of money, have a deductible that's more than the bike is worth. I'll just stick to liability. You're not required for insurance here, but I have it since I still don't have my endorsement. I don't wanna pay cash if I hit someone, and also have the uninsured/underinsured, while low, is still better than nothing. I told them I took the class, because I was going to. They never checked on it from me.

Again, it's a fun toy, and a DD during the few months I get to ride it. Nice with gas prices the way they are. Some buddies and I rode bikes yesterday, it may get to where I have to ride it instead. I'm moving half-way between where we live now and work. Mom works a few blocks away from me. One mile to work isn't bad now anyway.

Benjamin' 07/30/82 Christian MySpace CarDomain
Celica and Chevy 1500 are sold for parts. Now I'm left with the broken Buick and my '98 Dakota.
Bedroom: Pioneer VSX23, DefTech BP6s (front) ProCenter 2000, Mirage Omni 350s, 10" Kicker L7 pushed by PExpress plate amp, XBox 360, PS3, 50" LG 3D plasma.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in