Dumbest thing I've ever seen - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to Last Mrk Send a message via Skype™ to Last Mrk
Dumbest thing I've ever seen

So, you're driving down the road, you see this in the road, you swerve and go into the other lane and kill a family minding their own business.

Or, fool me once and the next time I'll ignore something in the road and low and behold it's not a fake.

If you as a private citizen did something this stupid, you'd be in big trouble and rightfully so.

Click Here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
i think if i was to ever see that i'd do a big smokey burnout over it to "paint" it black again lol

i mean really, not only do i have to sit through those ads on tv saying not wearing a seatbelt is like drinking and driving, now they are trying to trick us into a head on collision or slamming on the brakes and getting rearended. i've said it before and i'll say it again politicians can go **** themselves.

-Matt
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 12:16 AM
PostWhore
The AFDB is on a lil tight.

Put one a school zone and see how long it takes to hit a kid.

Spinning pies like wheels.

DD driving my 20 year old project

Now with new ball joints...again
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 12:38 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via MSN to SignofTheCat94 Send a message via Yahoo to SignofTheCat94
That's a lawsuite waiting to happen. I don't even want to think about the injuries it will cause.

Mods? Do the ones in the garage waiting to go on the car count?

Many thanks to my fellow Veterans; I am honored to be a part of your ranks.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 02:12 AM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Koole Send a message via MSN to Koole
If I saw that I'd probably swerve to avoid my tires getting slashed...lol
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 10:28 AM
Banned, Duplicate Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Mrk View Post
So, you're driving down the road, you see this in the road, you swerve and go into the other lane and kill a family minding their own business.
when people see real speed bumps they don't freak out and swerve into oncoming traffic. why would they freak out upon seeing a fake one? why wouldn't they just slow down?

when you see an inflatable cop sitting in a parked cruiser do you flip out and run for it even though you've done nothing wrong?

Last edited by Tajima-ushi; 06-29-2008 at 10:33 AM.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to Last Mrk Send a message via Skype™ to Last Mrk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajima-ushi View Post
when people see real speed bumps they don't freak out and swerve into oncoming traffic. why would they freak out upon seeing a fake one? why wouldn't they just slow down?
Real speed bumps usually have warning signs and don't look like debris in the roadway. What about when you come upon a real speed bump but assume it's a fake because they're all over the place and you ignore it and loose control of your vehicle because you ran over it too fast ignoring the warnings?

Around where I live, they don't need speed bumps. They just never fix the roads and people can't drive anywhere near the speed limit.

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 01:24 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94 Daily Driven 4.6L
Instead of using technology to trick people into obeying the law; why not enforce the laws and punish the offenders severely enough that they won't do it again.

I would bet that if 100% of the people that were speeding received tickets for lets say $400, they would slow down. If they didn't, their second offense would be $800, third offense, drivers' license suspension, fourth offense jail time.... If you can’t play by the rules, you’re taken out of the game (called society).

And the law abiding citizens wouldn't have to worry about some silly optical illusion. I know this is a novel concept to actually punish the people that BREAK THE LAW, but I think it would work. Nobody forces anybody to speed. If you’re willing to play, you have to be willing to pay.

97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (Chip'd, 3.73 T/L... so far... )
97 Ford Aspire (Slow, but getting 36 mpg (f'n Ethenol!! )
84 F250 Dually w/6.9L Diesel (7.3L IDI pending)
73 Mercury Cougar Convertible w/351C 4V (Partially Restored)
69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
76 Glastron Carlson 23' Jet Boat w/460 CJ Engine
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 01:59 PM

during these hard financial times cops should have better things to do with their time then writing tickets. besides that speed bumps and rumble strips are a very effective traffic control device that eliminates the need for an officer to write all of those tickets.

you have no choice but to obey a speed bump.

granted illusionary speed bumps are kind of cheesy and this Japanese company needs to make them look like US traffic control devices, but they could be useful in some circumstances. they can be used as a reminder to make people think and pay attention to their speed in places where a real spped bump may not be practical. if your getting on the brakes when seeing a speed bump it's because you were going too fast. slow down. you don'y have the luxury of assuming it's fake and if you do your a dumb twit. lol

I didn't seem them being a risk to public safety though.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 02:06 PM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via MSN to alasich
lol, i have a choice to not obey speed bumps, but then i learned my lesson after hitting one going 40mph. now front bumper is cracked, and back tail pipe is bent. small speed bumps dont do much for me though, i really dont slow down for them.

Black 3.8L Cougar LS

Muffler removal, K&N Drop In Air Filter, 205/75/R15 Trail Rated Tires, Rear Chrome Removal, Front Fog Lights, Digital Dash Mod, New AOD Transmission with Shift Kit, Air Silencer Delete

~newly painter front and back bumper and side mirrors. Done by me, and quite proud of it!~
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alasich View Post
small speed bumps dont do much for me though, i really dont slow down for them.
yea that's why your car is all messed up.

but unlike you most drivers care about beating the crap out of their car and their kidneys. speed bumps are a much more cost effective solution for them, leaving cops free to write your a$$ up.
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 02:56 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajima-ushi View Post
....make people think and pay attention....
Now there'd be a trick......

Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are:
You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 02:58 PM
Voice/Data Guru

LOL Passed by these things today guys what a hoot !!!! And Look very real !!

2017 Mustang GT 5.0L 2nd gen, cold air box,tune,6 speed auto,RGR 3.31, Magnaflow Tru X-pipe ,GT350RStrips
Gray Mustang Registry # 8582

post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 03:01 PM

you didn't swerve wildly out of control???

post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 03:02 PM
5th Gear Poster

ya, i beat my car, lol. But my speed bumps are probably alot different then yours.

Black 3.8L Cougar LS

Muffler removal, K&N Drop In Air Filter, 205/75/R15 Trail Rated Tires, Rear Chrome Removal, Front Fog Lights, Digital Dash Mod, New AOD Transmission with Shift Kit, Air Silencer Delete

~newly painter front and back bumper and side mirrors. Done by me, and quite proud of it!~
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 03:09 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to stickysilvertbird Send a message via MSN to stickysilvertbird Send a message via Yahoo to stickysilvertbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by alasich View Post
ya, i beat my car, lol. But my speed bumps are probably alot different then yours.
idk.. the ones around here in Florida are about 8" high and 3' wide.. unless you want some airtime and a new set of jeans i suggest you slow down for these babies..

♠Zack♠
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Maynard
Thou shalt pullest out thy pin and count to 3. no more, no less. 4 thou shall not count. nor shall thou count to 2, unless then proceeding to 3. 5 is right out! once thou counts to 3. being the third number being reached, then thou lobbest thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, towards thy foe, who be nort in my sight, dare snuff it...
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 03:17 PM

i know where some of those are! they usually have some nice bottoming out gouges on the other side. lol
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 03:28 PM
5th Gear Poster

down by future shop we have those, only place in the city. I hit those going 40mph. never again. Most other speed bumps are about 2-3" high and 1' wide.

Black 3.8L Cougar LS

post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 03:36 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 95xbird Send a message via MSN to 95xbird
Linky no worky for me.

3D pictures in the road that look like real debri?Ya thats real safe.

04 PI swap,SVO Supercharger 8-9 psi,Alcohol injection,39lbs Cobra injectors,XCal2-Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump,4.10 T-Lok,2003 4R70W built to withstand by RobertP,450hp JMOD,3800 circleD stall,trucool 4739 Trans Cooler,Dynotech 3.5 Driveshaft,70mm T/B,SCP Cold Air Intake,90mm LMAF,JBA headers,Magnaflow Midmount,No cats with 3inch piping,Vogtland 1.6inch drop,Cobra R's and xenon body kit.

Its slow, Really.
LS1 KILLER
1995 svo Tbird. R.I.P.
Parts FOR SALE http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=132585
96 Pearl white bird. Awaiting transplants from the 95
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 09:55 PM
Veteran Poster

someone stage a crash and sue the heck out of that city the give the money to tccoa to get all of us a pi swap,just a suggestion
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 10:01 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to stickysilvertbird Send a message via MSN to stickysilvertbird Send a message via Yahoo to stickysilvertbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-BIRD 90 View Post
someone stage a crash and sue the heck out of that city the give the money to tccoa to get all of us a pi swap,just a suggestion
what city is that in? lol ill wreck my bird for that.. i like my 96 better anyways

♠Zack♠
Quote:
Thou shalt pullest out thy pin and count to 3. no more, no less. 4 thou shall not count. nor shall thou count to 2, unless then proceeding to 3. 5 is right out! once thou counts to 3. being the third number being reached, then thou lobbest thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, towards thy foe, who be nort in my sight, dare snuff it...
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 10:22 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Mrk View Post
Real speed bumps usually have warning signs and don't look like debris in the roadway. What about when you come upon a real speed bump but assume it's a fake because they're all over the place and you ignore it and loose control of your vehicle because you ran over it too fast ignoring the warnings?

Around where I live, they don't need speed bumps. They just never fix the roads and people can't drive anywhere near the speed limit.
x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickysilvertbird View Post
idk.. the ones around here in Florida are about 8" high and 3' wide.. unless you want some airtime and a new set of jeans i suggest you slow down for these babies..

Yes. I hate these things.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 10:03 AM
PostWhore

I like these:

John

'96 T-Bird 4.6 LX, SVT Cobra Rs, 245/50R17 BFG Comp T/A, D-chip
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 01:14 PM
PostWhore

♠Zack♠
Quote:
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 02:38 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ben_cline Send a message via MSN to ben_cline Send a message via Yahoo to ben_cline
I thought it was a hyper-speed booster.

Benjamin' 07/30/82 Christian MySpace CarDomain
Celica and Chevy 1500 are sold for parts. Now I'm left with the broken Buick and my '98 Dakota.
Bedroom: Pioneer VSX23, DefTech BP6s (front) ProCenter 2000, Mirage Omni 350s, 10" Kicker L7 pushed by PExpress plate amp, XBox 360, PS3, 50" LG 3D plasma.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 04:13 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_cline View Post
I thought it was a hyper-speed booster.
play too many racing games now do we?

♠Zack♠
Quote:
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 10:27 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ben_cline Send a message via MSN to ben_cline Send a message via Yahoo to ben_cline
You tell me:

The 360 is hidden behind the post, on top of my computer. The TV is also my computer monitor.

Benjamin' 07/30/82 Christian MySpace CarDomain
Celica and Chevy 1500 are sold for parts. Now I'm left with the broken Buick and my '98 Dakota.
Bedroom: Pioneer VSX23, DefTech BP6s (front) ProCenter 2000, Mirage Omni 350s, 10" Kicker L7 pushed by PExpress plate amp, XBox 360, PS3, 50" LG 3D plasma.
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 10:02 AM
PostWhore

ahahahahahaha thats sick dude. nice touch with the minifridge there too lmfao if my electric bill wasnt so high id get one.. oh and you seem to be missing a sega genisis in there... lol

♠Zack♠
Quote:
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Veteran Poster

sega genisis rocked. sonic was the greatest as well
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickysilvertbird View Post

I'll second this! From observing all the scrapes and dents and myriad pieces of plastic, carbon fiber and metal on and around the speed bumps in my neighborhood, I can only imagine how many thousands of $$$$ they've caused in damage. Oh, well....at least it keeps the auto-body shops busy!

Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in