1994 ford probe - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via MSN to alasich
1994 ford probe

so does anyone know anything about these cars? I had a guy offer me a trade in cars. Before i would do the swap, i would take it in and get it looked at, but do you think its a good trade?

Black 3.8L Cougar LS

Muffler removal, K&N Drop In Air Filter, 205/75/R15 Trail Rated Tires, Rear Chrome Removal, Front Fog Lights, Digital Dash Mod, New AOD Transmission with Shift Kit, Air Silencer Delete

~newly painter front and back bumper and side mirrors. Done by me, and quite proud of it!~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 95xbird Send a message via MSN to 95xbird
How does your car run?Has it ever left you on the road?Is it falling apart?

04 PI swap,SVO Supercharger 8-9 psi,Alcohol injection,39lbs Cobra injectors,XCal2-Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump,4.10 T-Lok,2003 4R70W built to withstand by RobertP,450hp JMOD,3800 circleD stall,trucool 4739 Trans Cooler,Dynotech 3.5 Driveshaft,70mm T/B,SCP Cold Air Intake,90mm LMAF,JBA headers,Magnaflow Midmount,No cats with 3inch piping,Vogtland 1.6inch drop,Cobra R's and xenon body kit.

Its slow, Really.
LS1 KILLER
1995 svo Tbird. R.I.P.
Parts FOR SALE http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=132585
96 Pearl white bird. Awaiting transplants from the 95
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

My car runs like a champ! starts up after 1 turn over, sometimes just tap the key forwards and she starts. It has never left me on the road, but it would of if i didn't notice some things wrong. Although it did limp around when i melted my transmission... so thats pretty reliable i guess

My car is falling apart though. Gas tank leaks if i over fill it, struts are shot, brakes are seizing, rear diff is going to blow. and little rust on the body, tranny cooler lines leak, valve covers leak, and the water pump is leaking.

Black 3.8L Cougar LS

Muffler removal, K&N Drop In Air Filter, 205/75/R15 Trail Rated Tires, Rear Chrome Removal, Front Fog Lights, Digital Dash Mod, New AOD Transmission with Shift Kit, Air Silencer Delete

~newly painter front and back bumper and side mirrors. Done by me, and quite proud of it!~
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 95xbird Send a message via MSN to 95xbird
Hmm....Not to sure about the probes but I would keep the Cougar anyway.It's your choice though.I always like knowing everything that is wrong with my cars and I hate taken on other peoples problems.If any.You never know.

I bet your fuel filler leaks.You may only have about $300-$500 in repairs.

Go to the bone yard and drop another diff from an MN12.Probley about $100.

04 PI swap,SVO Supercharger 8-9 psi,Alcohol injection,39lbs Cobra injectors,XCal2-Walbro 255 LPH fuel pump,4.10 T-Lok,2003 4R70W built to withstand by RobertP,450hp JMOD,3800 circleD stall,trucool 4739 Trans Cooler,Dynotech 3.5 Driveshaft,70mm T/B,SCP Cold Air Intake,90mm LMAF,JBA headers,Magnaflow Midmount,No cats with 3inch piping,Vogtland 1.6inch drop,Cobra R's and xenon body kit.

Its slow, Really.
LS1 KILLER
1995 svo Tbird. R.I.P.
Parts FOR SALE http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=132585
96 Pearl white bird. Awaiting transplants from the 95
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

well, im going to drive this diff until it blows, and we'll see were it goes from there. It could be the fuel filler, who knows, all i know alot comes out, probably a couple cups worth. Other than that, its not that bad, i would love to have the newer interior though

Black 3.8L Cougar LS

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 07:27 PM
Beer and Cheese

Garage
I had a 93 GT, crap car, don't do it.

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 08:47 PM
PostWhore

http://www.v8thunderbird.com/page3/festiva.htm

My Wife had a brand new 1996 SE when we got married. It was an okay car, but your Cougar is 10 times the car the Probe was. It depends on what your goals are I guess. I enjoyed mine but I we needed to sell it to get money for my Wife to stay home for a few years while the kids were little.

Probes will never win awards for their ease of repair or their parts prices. I would keep your Cougar for awhile and buy something newer later on.

-=James
1995 Ford Thunderbird V8
SCT Tuned by Amercian Motorsport, Mustang PBR, FRPP 3.73 gears, Modified Trak-Lok, Steeda UDP, K&N Panel, 1990 SC Seats, 2.5" Single Exhaust/Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cats, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S +, Windstar wheels, RichardM Intake, Kenwood KDC-HD552U HD Radio, 2800 stall DirtyDog Marauder TC, J-MOD, 2002 Grand Marquis transmission, DynoTech Driveshaft, AeroForce Interceptor Scan Gauge, Griffin Super High Capacity Radiator, 180* Thermostat, Cobra steering wheel, 6000K HID, Clear Corners Getting a makeover Spring 2015

http://www.fordthunderbird.net - For Pics and more!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

run like hell from a probe, nothing but a half breed pos !

64 ford galaxie -FE powered beast!- sleeping giant
69 cougar standard- 347/c6 -efi restomod, heidts prog 4 link heavily modified front, custom strutrods boxed lowers rollerperches 620 lowering springs! meier shock tower brace
96 f150 supercab lifted beast! 351 powered beast
87 shasta roadmaster 29ft travel trailer- pimpdaddy camping!
mn12 less!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 12:36 AM
PostWhore

Cool

The Base and SE models have four bangers in them The GT's have a V6. They are Mazda drive trains. They handle very well and are fun to drive, but are a very harsh ride. The GT with a stick is fairly quick, but not hot. I had a '95 SE. I discovered that the automatics are a problem issue in these cars. . Mine went eight months after I bought it and it was gonna cost me 2,200 to get it fixed. That's when I got my 2000 Muskrat. Keep your car.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 11:37 AM
02 Explorer Pioneer

Start looking up prices for probe parts and you will know the answer right away. Here is a head start look up a MAF for a probe GT

Birdless

There is no limit to what you can acheive if you don't care who gets the credit.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

well, after reading up on the probes and such, i think i'm keeping the cougar. It was the GT one with the v6, but i think if i work hard, i can squeeze a few more hp out of it (once i get it reliable that is) and the cougar will probably handle pretty close to the probe, with a much better ride. and alot more room and a trunk!

Black 3.8L Cougar LS

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in