Creditors - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Gcline
Creditors

So I owe the Attorney General some money from when I didnt go to college. Ive been paying it off little by little and it has gotten down to around $900. I get this letter a week ago from National Enterprise Systems and they say I owe them $1300 for it. They called my parents house today and harassed them saying that they would put me in jail if I didnt pay. I called them up with the letter they sent me in hand and asked what was going on. I gave him my name and everything and them he wanted my SS#. I told him I had their account number for me but he swore up and down he needed my SS#. I told him I didnt like giving it over the phone. He got all rude and started saying "Well gimme your SS# or we can just hang up the phone right now" I told him if he was going to be a prick about it Ill hang up, and I did.

Has anyone ever heard of National Enterprise Systems?

1997 Mercury Cougar XR7 Sport 4.6L
P.I. Intake, Mustang T/B and Upper Plenum,B&M Heavy Duty Trans Cooler, Trans Temp Gauge, A/F Ratio Gauge, K&N Cone Filter, Air Silencer Delete, 50% Front 20% Rear Tint, A&A Fiberglass GFX Kit, Xenon Front Clip, Magnaflow High Flow Cats

2001 Nissan Altima GXE Limited Edition

Daily Driver, 38mpg!

Quote:
at least Ford can pay their bills and not go on welfare like GM and Chrysler.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 05:49 PM
Voice/Data Guru

I for one have never heard of them.... Good job on not giving out your SS#

2017 Mustang GT 5.0L 2nd gen, cold air box,tune,6 speed auto,RGR 3.31, Magnaflow Tru X-pipe ,GT350RStrips
Gray Mustang Registry # 8582

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 06:11 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Never heard of owing the attorney general for college o_O

96 Laser Red 4.6L - Custom
Custom Nascar-Inspired Bodykit - 55* Rear Spoiler - J-modded Trans - 80mm MAF - One-Off Diablosport Chipmaster Revolution Chip/Tune W/Toggle - ScanGaugeII Diagnostics & Data Readout - PBR Brakes - Drilled/Slotted Rotors - SC Wheels & Springs - Falken Tires - KYB GR-1 Shocks/Struts - FSTB - RSTB - RTLB - LECB - 60/40 Split Rear - SC Seats - SC Vac/Boost Gauge
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 06:26 PM
Banned, Duplicate Account

Have you googled national enterprise systems yet?

who are you currently making payments to?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Well its the Ohio Attorney General's office, and since it was a community college, they deal with it I guess.

I did google it after I posted this and found out all sorts of horror stories about them making threats and such they dont follow through with. Its illegal for them saying that they will take legal action against you, that would be up to the people that they are collecting money for, according to FTC regulations.

P.I. Intake, Mustang T/B and Upper Plenum,B&M Heavy Duty Trans Cooler, Trans Temp Gauge, A/F Ratio Gauge, K&N Cone Filter, Air Silencer Delete, 50% Front 20% Rear Tint, A&A Fiberglass GFX Kit, Xenon Front Clip, Magnaflow High Flow Cats

Daily Driver, 38mpg!

Quote:
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 06:38 PM

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Thanks, that helps alot! Im going to Cleveland here soon, might pay em a visit

Daily Driver, 38mpg!

Quote:
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 07:21 PM

bud hibbs has the low down on all of those sob's. lol

some of the disgruntled insider whistle blower stuff i've read on there about other collection agencies is hilarious!

edit: did you see this one? lol

Quote:
May 2008

I recently worked at this horrible place. National Enterprise Systems is the collection agency from hell. The devil's worst nightmare. Employees are trained to collect according to the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act but once on the floor in their respective departments collectors are told to forget everything they learned.

My supervisor, Bryan Howard under the alias of Paul Stevens, regularly provided a second voice to collectors having trouble closing collections. This idiot would identify himself to callers as a federal agent, an NES attorney, etc., anything to try to scare the debtor into paying. He would actually tell debtors and their spouses that a lawsuit had been filed and if the account is not paid by postdated check by a certain time that day a deputy of the court was coming to serve the debtor on his job. I witness this on a daily basis all day long. B. Howard is neither a federal agent, attorney nor any of the other things he claims to be and NES don't sue debtors. All are clear violations of the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act.

Debtors are talked to as if they're inhuman. Even when the debtor is not home the person taking the message is treated like dirt. I will never forget my supervisor shouting at an 81 year old African-American woman for not getting a pen and paper to take the message. "I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE 81 YEARS OLD HE SCREAMED AT THE WOMAN." I've witness collectors hollering at kids "GO GET YOUR FATHER."

You are not supposed to talk to spouses—in certain states--about their significant others’ debt unless given permission by the spouse to do so. This rule is ignored at NES. In fact when I left training I put the document about the spouse rule on my cubicle wall to reference only to have it snatched and trashed by Bryan Howard who said I wouldn’t need it.

The owners Ernest Pollack, his wife, and two sons: Scott and pie-faced Chris are well aware of what is going on. These people are hands on owners. They constantly walk the call room floors, note the individual collectors and group collection sales and hear all the violations first hand. The more a collector screams at a debtor the more they like it. People actually clap and cheer when a collector goes off on a debtor. All that concerns these greedy bastards is how much money they are collecting at any given time.

Payments are demanded in full although they do offer settlements that are too demanded in full. Money orders and mail-in payments are not accepted, only postdated checks over-the-phone or Western Union Transfers for Citi Bank accounts. Some other creditors do allow NES to also take payment by credit card. For the postdated checks debtors are asked to give their accounting and routing numbers. NES, the scumbags they are, attempts to take the money out before the postdate. Nice company huh!

Collectors and supervisors once provided with bank info by the debtor call banks automated customer service numbers to obtain how much money they have in their accounts. We have their social security numbers so getting info this way is like taking candy from a baby. Some banks have safeguards against this and required you talk to a live person. They also work this wickedness on debtors’ credit card accounts or the credit card accounts of the debtors’ spouse, mother, father, etc. I remember one collector on the phone with a debtor saying “Your Mother Has $7,000 On Her Card She Can Use;” She Can Pay This Debt For You!”

If anyone needs someone who's "been there" in any of their legal actions against this despicable company I’m your guy. (Get in touch with us again - we have a member of Congress who wants to chat with you.)
and this is the life of the "cockaroach" who's hassling you.

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeek...266DKZWSLBRBXS

Quote:
3rd Party Collections

Company: National Enterprise Systems

Description

As a 3rd Party Debt Collector you will be making Outbound collection calls utilizing a computer dialer. You will aggressively collect and negotiate payments on a variety of different accounts, including credit cards, personal loans, student loans, wireless and commercial accounts, back taxes, etc.

Ideal candidates will be aggressive and self-motivated, and possess a strong desire to earn a substantial income through persistence and hard work.

***THIS IS NOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE POSITION***

Collectors income is a base pay of $10-12/hr plus an uncapped 20% fee-based commission.

All candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule which includes 2 late nights per week.

We offer paid training on the art of collections, an attractive benefits package that includes group health and life, dental, paid time off, holiday pay, 401k, business casual work environment.

Requirements

MINIMUN 1 year of Collections experience, Outbound or Inbound.

***THIS IS NOT A CUSTOMER SERVICE POSITION***

Last edited by Tajima-ushi; 06-30-2008 at 09:13 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in