kenne bell superchargers - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

kenne bell superchargers

What is up with kenne bell superchargers they are really rude, and also my buddy was having problems his kit for the 4.0 jeep wrangler they told him that he was S.O.L. and that they quit the kit. Well he got it all tuned out by finding another guy who had the same problem. Any way he called to register the kit and they also told him that they wont do any parts replacement or any tech support even if he was to pay because they dont do that kit any more. Any way I feel they are jerks and almost a rip off because my buddy bought this kit a few years ago and they just treat it like ford treats us but they were rude and acted like they dont care. I say screw kenne bell they cost 5-8 thousand dollars and they dont help you out at all. At least with tork tech you get a good price and you know you can get parts. Screw kenne bell!

Got the only bird with Lambo Doors in Texas!
Thanks Luke!
97 Thunderbird 4.6
1992 Merc. Cougar 5.0
1995 Merc. Cougar 4.6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Birdless

Send a message via AIM to Grasshopper Send a message via Yahoo to Grasshopper
They've had that reputation for years.

I don't know who it was but someone wanted to work with them to get a kit and install it on their Thunderbird. They pretty much hung up on him.

They advertise a wide range of products but are very narrow in their customer base.

A man may smile and bid you hail
Yet wish you to the devil;
But when a good dog wags his tail,
You know he's on the level.
--author unknown
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 09:33 AM
The Parts Guy

I didn't have any trouble with them, though I didn't expect/want/need any tech support.

-Rod

Rod @ AzzKicker Cars
[email protected]
90 XR7-The Meth Addict-KB SC'd 5.0L DOHC Stroker
2004 Mustang GT-The Driver-Intake/Exhaust/3.73's
1995 F150 4x4-The Mud Toy-5.0L/4R70W/33's/Warn 8274 Winch
94 LX w/Splitport 3.8L from 2000 Mustang - SOLD
2 - 90 35th Anny Ed SC's
And a TON of parts cars!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

well if I was to buy a supercharger I wouldnt need tech support from them neither I would just ask here but my buddy was acually needing a jackshaft pulley replacement cause his had been warped and they laughed and told him goodluck. He found a guy who had the same problem with his jeep and had specs for a full aluminum piece that was thicker but also has replaceable bearings. Any way he got it taken care of with no thanks to kenne bell, its for the best though cause that piece is better.

Got the only bird with Lambo Doors in Texas!
Thanks Luke!
97 Thunderbird 4.6
1992 Merc. Cougar 5.0
1995 Merc. Cougar 4.6
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 02:23 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via Yahoo to 94 Thunderbird XX
I hate to say it, but this is a price to pay when you aren't "in with the flock".

If the Jeep in question was a Mustang or a Camaro, they'd be all over it with goodies, tech, and warranty stuff.

See, it's not so much that they don't care about your bud, or other Jeep owners, but it's the "sheep" make up 95% of their sales.
(A perfect example of "sheep" bragging rights(?) is in the aftermarket aluminum intake market. $100 can get a darn nice street intake manifold for the small block Chevy. Try pricing one out for a Cadillac 472 or 500ci. Go ahead, I'll wait for you............

While he's doing that.....OT, but pertinent to the above example; Anyone have one for the Ford 4.6 yet that is a reasonable price? $700 is NOT reasonable for an aftermarket street intake manifold for a domestic engine thats been around for nearly 15 years now btw, and thanks but no thanks.)

Either that, or they just don't give a rat's colon about Jeeps.

Delete my account.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in