Called in Sick Today Need Advice - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Called in Sick Today Need Advice

Monday is a really bad day to call in but I had a rough weekend and was throwing up all night. He sounded very bothered. In most circumstance I would not care but I have applied for a promotion and I started thinking that this may prevent me from getting this promotion. I am thinking of just toughing it out and going in. What do you all think?

Two wrongs don't make a right it makes us even - Prodigy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

IMO ....

I would rather be sent home then call in..

But I have p!ssed off some managers and or owners for coming in sick and getting everyone sick.

Also every time I called in sick day afternoon or whatever I have a DR's note..
It really depends on what you do. IE Calling in Sick at BEst Buy may anger your boss... Or if you work in an engineering office and call in sick you boss might hope you feel better. Also how often do you call in sick?

AAAAA: American Association Against Acronym Abuse

Click here if you are an idiot

Llama!!!

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Whatever you do don't show up! You've called in now you're committed. It's better to be thought a liar than to show up and prove everyones assumption correct. IMO you'd do more damage by showing up.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94 Daily Driven 4.6L
Without more information, like what type of job do you have, how long have you been there, do you have any sick leave earned, etc. I don't think we can really give good advice.

But the way I look at it is that if you're healthy enough to be on the internet, you're healthy enough to go to work (assuming you don't work construction, etc.)

I agree, I would rather be sent home than call in sick. (But just as Thunderterd said, you have to make a decision if you are contagious or not).

Or if you are feeling better, go in for half a day. Feeling better but being not 100% and coming in shows that 1. You really were sick and 2. You are concerned about the work getting accomplished.

I think the majority of bosses don’t believe someone is sick if they call in on a Monday morning (or if they are sick it is “self induced”), but they also don’t want you at work if you’re going to hurl onto a customer.

But again, there are a lot of variables to be considered. I just wouldn’t show up to work tomorrow with a good tan and photos of the local game that was today….

p.s. Hope you’re feeling better!

97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (Chip'd, 3.73 T/L... so far... )
97 Ford Aspire (Slow, but getting 36 mpg (f'n Ethenol!! )
84 F250 Dually w/6.9L Diesel (7.3L IDI pending)
73 Mercury Cougar Convertible w/351C 4V (Partially Restored)
69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
76 Glastron Carlson 23' Jet Boat w/460 CJ Engine
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 11:43 AM

Super Moderator

Garage
Now, grow up take some responsibility and in the future don't party so hard the night before you have to work. For heavens sake it was a three day weekend. You just couldn't get it all out of your system on Thursday, Friday AND Saturday nights? God didn't make Sunday a day of rest for just any reason. It's important to take advantage of that day so you'll be ready for work on Monday. If you're really that sick go see a doctor and have a note in hand to give the boss tomorrow. That will be your vindication.

Seriously, Good luck with your promotion.

Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 06:11 PM
The Parts Guy

#1. Don't post about it on the internet.

#2. Don't get hammered on Sunday if you're worried about making it to work on Monday.

-Rod

Rod @ AzzKicker Cars
[email protected]
90 XR7-The Meth Addict-KB SC'd 5.0L DOHC Stroker
2004 Mustang GT-The Driver-Intake/Exhaust/3.73's
1995 F150 4x4-The Mud Toy-5.0L/4R70W/33's/Warn 8274 Winch
94 LX w/Splitport 3.8L from 2000 Mustang - SOLD
2 - 90 35th Anny Ed SC's
And a TON of parts cars!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

If it is the "flu" you get from a bottle, man up, if you will be hacking and spreading something, stay the hell away.

My job gave me a medical troubleshooting book so I could work backwards from whatever ailment I wanted to simulate. Now I work from home, so even if I am a carrier and can't stay at my desk for more that 10 minutes at a time, I can still work.

But I have used 3 sick days in the last 14 years, and 2 of them were for when my son was born 3 months premature.

Obviously this is well after you stayed home and didn't go in

--
97 Mark VIII LSC/Silver/Gray leather
97 Cougar 4.6 Sport/White Opalescent Tricoat Metallic /Gray leather down but not out?
89 Cougar LS 3.8/Oxford White/Gray velour/HG need replaced AGAIN
00 Grand Marquis LS/Vibrant White/Gray velour
63 Falcon 302/black and rust/shed isn't moving
82 F-150/Oxford White/dumb VV carb doesn't pass emissions
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

I ended up not going in, turns out I had food poisoning. I wish I was sick from partying haha. Thanks anyway for the advice

Two wrongs don't make a right it makes us even - Prodigy
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-08-2008, 10:42 PM

Super Moderator

Garage
Glad you figured out what it was. Hope you're over it without to much trouble. So what did the boss say? Did you wind up going to the doctor and getting a note for work?

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 03:39 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ThunderBeast86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod'D97LX View Post
What do you all think?
Bro,

All you gotta do is drink a couple more beers and get ur ass in the door.

Here is a way to put it in perspective:

You drank some booze, and now u feel sick and dont wanna go to work.

Imagine if you were a slave in the 1850's and your "master" beat you the night before, and wanted you up at sun rise to start working 12 hours.

Still think you got it bad?

2.25" True Dual Catless DI/DO Magnaflow Exhaust, Eibach Springs, Addco 1 3/8", J-mod, Viper 791 Alarm, Clarion 855 full color touch-screen, Directed 2400 amp , 2 12" CV Strokers with a custom ported box, K&N air filter, 180* T-Stat, Xcal2 SCT TUNED BY LONNIE 17 x 7.5 (245/45/17) Chrome Cobra R's, 17x9 in back(275/40/17)
DOHC sitting in the garage
Teksid 2v plans?!?!
Tranny Cooler, Dual Remote Oil Filter waiting for install

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in