interesting email i received - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Johnny Bling Bling

Send a message via AIM to 93 lx
interesting email i received

i was going to post this in the political forum, but it's not really political. there are pics that went with it, but they didn't transfer over. i can forward the email to anyone who requests it.

Proud To Be White

Someone finally said it.
How many are actually paying attention to this?

There are African Americans,
Mexican Americans,
Asian Americans,
Arab Americans,
Native Americans, etc.
...And then there are just -
Americans.

You pass me on the street
and sneer in my direction.
You Call me 'White boy,'
'Cracker,' 'Honkey,'
'Whitey,' 'Caveman,'
...And that's OK.

But when I call you Nigger,
Kike, Towel head,
Sand-nigger, Camel Jockey,
Beaner, Gook, or Chink,
...You call me a racist.

You say that whites commit a lot
of violence against you,
so why are the ghettos the most
dangerous places to live?

You have the United Negro College Fund.
You have Hispanic History Month.
You have Martin Luther King Day.
You have Asian History Month.
You have Black History Month.
You have Cesar Chavez Day.
You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.
You have Yom Hashoah.
You have Kawanza.
You have the NAACP.
And you have BET.

If we had WET
(White Entertainment Television)
...We'd be racists.

If we had a White Pride Day
...You would call us racists.

If we had White History Month
...We'd be racists.
If we had any organization for only whites
to 'advance'OUR lives,
...We'd be racists.

We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce,
a Black Chamber of Commerce,
and then we just have the plain
Chamber of Commerce.
Wonder who pays for that?

If we had a college fund that only gave
white students scholarships
...You know we'd be racists.

There are over 60 openly-proclaimed
Black-only Colleges in the US ,
yet if there were 'White-only Colleges'
...THAT would be a racist college.

In the Million-Man March,
you believed that you were
marching for your race and rights.
If we marched for our race and rights,
...You would call us racists.

You are proud to be black,
brown, yellow and red,
and you're not afraid to announce it.
But when we announce our white pride
...You call us racists.!

You rob us,
carjack us,
and shoot at us.
But, when a white police officer
shoots a black gang member
or beats up a black drug-dealer
who is running from the LAW and
posing a threat to ALL of society
...You call him a racist.

I am proud.
...But, you call me a racist.

Why is it that only
whites
can be racists?
There is nothing improper about this e-mail.
Let's see which of you
are proud enough to send it on...

2003 Ford Expedition: 5.4L, harley supercharger, 2.93 upper pulley, 4lb lower pulley, c&l plenum, jlp cai, LFP SBTB, FTSP, Magnaflow 3" catback, Eclipse AVN-5510, white face gauges, cobalt c2 boost gauge, ddm hid's, 379 rwhp, 465 rwtq sold 11/3/12

2009 Ford Flex Limited AWD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 09:06 AM
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to melecat96
Call me racist, I don't care. But I completely agree with that email. I haven't lived a sheltered life either. Ive lived all over the New England states but have spent a great deal of time all over the east coast including very diverse areas like Philly, Tampa, DC etc.

There has never been more of a double standard, or lop sided racist argument then these days. But I remain quiet to most, because of the negative attention.

For example, african american... or dare i say "black" comedians can make a living making fun of white people etc. But if a white person made fun of black people as their stand up routine... well it just wouldn't be a pretty sight.

I've been harrassed a lot recently until I finally moved out of a certain area of CT. The amount of racism that comes from certain other nationalities... was so bad I had to move 35 miles into another town. We really live in a world of crap these days. Nothing is truly equal.

93 Mark VIII (Cobra Mustang drivetrain)
03 Focus ZX3
96 Cougar Xr7 (sold)
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 09:17 AM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Yea, there's definitely a double standard.

Let's break this email down:

The first section is mostly about immigration. On this topic two of my favorite quotes, listed below, come to mind.

There are African Americans,
Mexican Americans,
Asian Americans,
Arab Americans,
Native Americans, etc.
...And then there are just -
Americans.

Quote:
"There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all. ... The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic. ... There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else."

-Former President Theodore Roosevelt in speaking to the NY Chapter of the Knights of Columbus at Carnegie Hall on Colubmus day 1915.
and

Quote:
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American ... There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag ... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language ... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907
The second and third paragraphs about name calling aren't correct. Calling me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,' 'Whitey,' 'Caveman,' is NOT any more acceptable than the names in the following paragraph.

Let's take a look at another section. Ignorance of these organizations and events is no excuse to lump them together in a tirade about reverse-racism.

You have the United Negro College Fund.

This is only one of thousands of different college funds, grants and scholarships available to people of every race, gender, social and political persuasion.

You have Hispanic History Month.

Hispanic Heritage Month is a period to recognize the contributions of Hispanic Americans to the United States and to celebrate Hispanic heritage and culture. The observation started in 1968 as Hispanic Heritage Week under President Lyndon Johnson and was expanded by President Ronald Reagan in 1988 to cover a 30-day period starting on September 15 and ending on October 15. It was enacted into law on August 17, 1988 on the approval of Public Law 100-402.

You have Martin Luther King Day.

And we have President's Day a celebration of both George Washington's and Abraham Lincoln's Birthdays.

You have Asian History Month.

Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month, observed in May, was enacted by Public Law 102-450 on October 28, 1992. The purpose of the law was to honor the achievements of Asian/Pacific Americans and to recognize their contributions to the United States.

You have Black History Month.

Originated in 1926 by Carter G. Woodson as "Negro History Week" originally observed during the second week of February it was renamed and expanded to a month in 1976. The month is also sometimes referred to as African American Heritage Month.

Unlike the other Heritage months, Black History Month segregates black history from American history - the very opposite of its intended purpose. Black history is American history and should not be singled out.

Quote:
We should emphasize not Negro History, but the Negro in history. What we need is not a history of selected races or nations, but the history of the world void of national bias, race hate, and religious prejudice.

- Dr. Carter G. Woodson (1875-1950) on founding Negro History Week, 1926
You have Cesar Chavez Day.

Observed on March 31 or the Monday or Friday closest to that date. This Holiday is only observed in eight states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Michigan, New Mexico, Texas, Utah, and Wisconsin.

You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi.

Mawlid al-Nabi is a celebration of the birthday of the Prophet Muhammad, founder of Islam.

And we have Christmas.

You have Yom Hashoah.

(Holocaust Remembrance Day) An important day set aside to remember the victims of the holocaust. Very similar to Patriots Day and Pearl Harbor Day.

You have Kwanzaa.

Observed from December 26 to January 1.

A celebration of family and collective cultural heritage celebrated by blacks in America. There's nothing inherently wrong with that. However, it's creator/founder Dr. Maulana Karenga himself has a less than honorable past. This holiday (Actually a week long celebration) is often mistaken by others as a Christmas substitute within the Black community but that isn't the case.

You have the NAACP.

Primarily a civil rights organization the NAACP was founded in 1910 by a multiracial group of activists including whites. Most of the NAACP's early efforts were directed against lynching. In this area it could claim considerable success. In 1911 there were 71 lynchings in the United States, with a black person the victim 63 times; by the 1950s lynching had virtually disappeared. Since its beginning, and with increasing emphasis since World War II, the NAACP has advocated nonviolent protests against discrimination and has disapproved of extremist black groups such as SNCC and the Black Panthers in the 1960s and 70s and CORE and the Nation of Islam in the 1980s and 90s, many of which criticized the organization as passive. While complacent in the 1980s, it became more active in legislative redistricting, voter registration, and lobbying in the 1990s.

Given the harsh treatment of blacks in American history the existence of this organization is understandable.

And you have BET.

A culturally specific television channel. So what? There are a lot of these.

__________________________________________________ ___________________
Can't we all just get along?

Quote:
"People, I just want to say, you know, can we all get along? Can we get along? Can we stop making it, making it horrible for the older people and the kids?...It’s just not right. It’s not right. It’s not, it’s not going to change anything. We’ll, we’ll get our justice....Please, we can get along here. We all can get along. I mean, we’re all stuck here for a while. Let’s try to work it out. Let’s try to beat it. Let’s try to beat it. Let’s try to work it out."

-Rodney King

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto

Last edited by Trunk Monkey; 07-12-2008 at 08:20 PM.
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 03:49 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ThunderBeast86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunk Monkey View Post
The second and third paragraphs about name calling aren't correct. Calling me 'White boy,' 'Cracker,' 'Honkey,' 'Whitey,' 'Caveman,' is NOT any more acceptable than the names in the following paragraph.

Can't we all just get along?
Is it awkward when you hear someone use the word "White Boy" or "Cracker" or "Honkey" in public? I've certainly never seen anyone get stared at or scrutinized for saying it.

Have I heard someone get stared at or BEAT UP for saying "nigger"?
Most definitely.

I get along with everyone. However, if minorities want equality and acceptance, then it seems appropriate that these LARGE national groups should invite whites, not discourage them from joining. Right? That is what the email is trying to say. It has nothing to do with not getting along, or fighting between races.
It is simply making a point than it is not socially acceptable for whites to promote their heritage.

Sure, maybe there are POLISH college funds, and IRISH college funds, but there are no WHITE ONLY college funds. Blacks come from different countries, so it's a little bit different than your average heritage-based college fund. NAACP is a skin color based college fund.

2.25" True Dual Catless DI/DO Magnaflow Exhaust, Eibach Springs, Addco 1 3/8", J-mod, Viper 791 Alarm, Clarion 855 full color touch-screen, Directed 2400 amp , 2 12" CV Strokers with a custom ported box, K&N air filter, 180* T-Stat, Xcal2 SCT TUNED BY LONNIE 17 x 7.5 (245/45/17) Chrome Cobra R's, 17x9 in back(275/40/17)
DOHC sitting in the garage
Teksid 2v plans?!?!
Tranny Cooler, Dual Remote Oil Filter waiting for install
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 03:58 PM
5th Gear Poster

I have been voicing this same thing for years. It's ridiculous the double standard we have.

97 'Bird w/an 04 Explorer lower, 8lb AED upper, Marauder TC, 93 MK VIII DS
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Voice/Data Guru

The way its getting anymore us white folks are getting to be a minoritie.

2017 Mustang GT 5.0L 2nd gen, cold air box,tune,6 speed auto,RGR 3.31, Magnaflow Tru X-pipe ,GT350RStrips
Gray Mustang Registry # 8582

post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Beer and Cheese

Garage
I wonder how many African Americans we have on TCCoA?

God Bless the men & women who have served and serving to keep us free
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 05:44 PM
smoothed and filled red pearl 94

Send a message via AIM to 94MN1246
normally i stay out of threads on here not related to cars, but i have to jump in here. i agree with the email whole-heartedly. the day i use the term "african american" or "mexican american" etc, or respect anyone who does will never come. ancestry is ancestry, but you are still american if you were born here. if someone wants to use the aforementioned terms, they need to eliminate the term "white" and be more specific in all cases, ie: "european american" i think anything that is race specific like black history month or latin assist home loan programs does nothing to promote equality. it reality that type of thing only emphasizes irrelevant differences and promotes seperatism.
on the racially demeaning terms tip, i had some lady call me a "cracker" right in front of her kids. i politely explained to here that a "cracker" is short for "whip-cracker" which is basically like calling me "boss". isnt it weird that there are really no negative terms for white people? and ill be the first to say that i am extremely proud to be white. this is really an interesting topic, thanks for posting it.

-John
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 05:44 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxmanWI View Post
one here....and black is cool. personally i dont like being called african american. not from africa, born and raised in american so i consider myself an "american".

funny because i actually agree with *most* of that email as well.

but get this straight. there is no such thing as just "Americans" because ALL people that live in America have roots that go back to everywhere EXCEPT America. there can be asain-americans, greek-americans, german-americans, spanish-americans, italian-americans, etc...but there is no american-american. everybodys family comes from someplace other than here...(find one persons family who doesnt and prove me wrong).

the only acception might me, i feel, are "Native Americans"...because they were here on the land before anybody else was.

but the fact that its wrong to call every race other than the white race "racist" for actions they do is not right at all. there are just as many white racists as there are black, mexican, spanish, asian, etc.....just nobody wants to admit it.

Matt W.

post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 05:50 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by OxmanWI View Post
TCCoA is a very diverse group. Awesome cars can bring people of all walks of life together like that.

(hell, we're not even solely for Americans... I'm looking at you, neighbors to the north, and that one guy from Belgium )

I'm Mister_T and I approve this message.
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 06:00 PM
PostWhore

If the naming scheme such as African-American were something we all followed, I'd be a German-Irish-English-Native-American.

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 06:03 PM
smoothed and filled red pearl 94

Send a message via AIM to 94MN1246
actually, those are all countries while africa is a continent. youd be a european american.

-John
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 06:08 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94MN1246 View Post
actually, those are all countries while africa is a continent. youd be a european american.

-John
ahh, that's a lot simpler.

post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 06:22 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_T View Post
If the naming scheme such as African-American were something we all followed, I'd be a German-Irish-English-Native-American.
exactly....and even though im black i would be african-native-german-italian-american

Quote:

-John

you're right....but you get my point

Matt W.

post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Refrigerator Raider Hater

Personally, if I wanted to label myself that way I'd be a "irish-welch-scottish-dutch-german-swedish-norse-american". My first ancestor known to arrive in America went to Philadelphia in 1684, and those after him have made tracks across every state in the nation (Hawai'i was actually before it was a state).

However, I don't think that makes me any more American than the guy who just arrived from India last fall, learned English and is now a citizen. He is no longer Indian, he is an American. The point of saying there should be any _______-Americans is that once a citizen of America, you are American, and that where you or your ancestors came from shouldn't matter to anyone else. This doesn't mean you can't or shouldn't express pride in your ancestry, but I don't think it belongs in a statement of nationality.

Being white is not a prerequisite to being racist. There is a double standard, but it does have a lot to do with whites being the majority, and having a substantial financial advantage. I don't think affirmative action is right, or that anyone deserves reparations. Should I sue the government because my Irish descendants were not treated equally when they arrived in America?

Matt "Looks Like Egon" Davis
96 Alpine Green V8
98 Audi A8 4.2Q in Racing Green Totalled
02 Audi A8L 4.2Q in Black

I buy my OEM Ford parts at 10% over dealer cost from Steve in White Bear Lake, MN.
You drive "like a man possessed"... by a woman!
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 06:38 PM

Quote:

-John
Most Irish and English don't consider themselves European because they have their own islands. Europeans are "from the continent".

96 Alpine Green V8

I buy my OEM Ford parts at 10% over dealer cost from Steve in White Bear Lake, MN.
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 12:12 AM
Pedal Faster

Send a message via AIM to Josh_Keady
I respect anyone whose people have been put through sh!t over and over throughout history and are trying to carve out a place for themselves in this country, just as the rest of us are. My ancestors said, "Hey, times are tough here in Ireland, let's go to America."

And they did, and they arrived here in the early part of the century, and they were never whipped, they were never sold, they were never forced to feed someone's family and then clean up their sh!t when they were done.

My ancestors came here of their own volition and had the money to purchase their own land. They worked hard, they faced hardships, but compared to a lot of African Americans' ancestors, they had it pretty fecking sweet.

I have Keady pride because I see a lot of honor in our family through the years. And I have pride in my own accomplishments.

I have no pride in being white whatsoever.

Josh Keady

1994 Super Coupe ('93 5.0L swap), 1990 Tbird 3.8L, 1982 Honda CB900F, 1972 F-100 SportCustom 4x4, 1970 Chevy Custom Camper / 20
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 02:36 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to 94trouble
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdub312 View Post
one here....and black is cool. personally i dont like being called african american. not from africa, born and raised in american so i consider myself an "american".

funny because i actually agree with *most* of that email as well.

but get this straight. there is no such thing as just "Americans" because ALL people that live in America have roots that go back to everywhere EXCEPT America. there can be asain-americans, greek-americans, german-americans, spanish-americans, italian-americans, etc...but there is no american-american. everybodys family comes from someplace other than here...(find one persons family who doesnt and prove me wrong).

the only acception might me, i feel, are "Native Americans"...because they were here on the land before anybody else was.

but the fact that its wrong to call every race other than the white race "racist" for actions they do is not right at all. there are just as many white racists as there are black, mexican, spanish, asian, etc.....just nobody wants to admit it.

Me too.. and i agree with mjdub312

Wrecked my 94LX looking to get another car.
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 07:41 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via MSN to SignofTheCat94 Send a message via Yahoo to SignofTheCat94
I've heard a LOT of "racist" slander from people of all backgrounds, but the thing that keeps me having faith that it's getting better is when someone of any background makes a racist comment and a bunch of Americans of every background get upset. That makes me very happy to see so many people wanting to get rid of stereotypes. There are still a lot of problems, especially when something socially acceptable is based on skin color, but scholerships and holidays based on religion are not part of that equation. The issue with the religion based holidays in particular is when it becomes such a problem that we all have to back burner our beliefs and settle for happy holidays.

Mods? Do the ones in the garage waiting to go on the car count?

Many thanks to my fellow Veterans; I am honored to be a part of your ranks.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 12:10 PM
4th Gear Poster

one thing i dont agree with is the fact that he said if there were a white history month, united white college fund, white history month, etc.

these are just tiny things set aside for people other than the white race....we get one month and a day out of the year dedicated to our race. mexicans and other races get (im not sure how many days) but how many days do whites get to "dedicated" to their race. EVER SINGLE DAY.

another thing is that you said if you had WET (white entertainment channel) you would be racist. next time you turn on the TV flip through EVERY channel and you tell me how many shows you have that are mostly white people. you never see a show that is all indian, or asain, or japanese unless its taken from their broadcast, givin english voiceovers and subtitles and played here.

the last thing i dont agree with is this: You rob us,
carjack us,
and shoot at us.
But, when a white police officer
shoots a black gang member
or beats up a black drug-dealer
who is running from the LAW and
posing a threat to ALL of society
...You call him a racist.

i think there are just as many white criminals, drug dealers, and gang members as there are any other race.....

rant off.

Matt W.

post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 02:34 PM
1st Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBird View Post
I don't think affirmative action is right, or that anyone deserves reparations.
I have heard some blacks say before that the government should give them reparations because of slavery. I wonder where they propose this money should come from? Possibly the taxpayers? Slavery was outlawed long before my family came to this country, yet some people think it's ok for my tax dollars to pay for reparations?

Many blacks have strong hatred toward anything to do with slavery, and I can't blame them one bit. One problem though is that blacks often associate all whites with slavery, forgetting that half of the country didn't have slavery and actually fought to free the slaves. And at the risk of sounding insensitive, maybe blacks should actually be happy that slavery happened. Had slaves not been brought here, it's possible that many blacks today would not be here living in the greatest country on Earth.

In regards to the "black only" things such as Ebony mag, BET, UNCF, and the list goes on, and hearing blacks kids talk about white kids as "they are listening to our music" and "they are wearing our clothes" is that all of these things suggest to me that many blacks are actually trying to segregate themselves... the exact opposite of what they've fought for.
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 03:31 PM
4th Gear Poster

if slavery never would have happend...blacks still would have found their way to the us.

just like every other country in the world. and as far as blacks segregating them selves....whites do the same. i dont think either race is trying to segregate themselves purposly...its just the way the mind thinks.

Matt W.

post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 04:22 PM

As an Irish chappy I believe the respect of all others is a character trait beyond reproach, However there are organizations and a FEW uhmmm leaders who keep the fire stoked for they have no other fortitude. These few are starting too lose ground and I pray that in my life time things will start to come together for the betterment of all.JD
post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Johnny Bling Bling

Send a message via AIM to 93 lx
wow, a somewhat controversial post, and no flaming going on. nice job guys.

2003 Ford Expedition: 5.4L, harley supercharger, 2.93 upper pulley, 4lb lower pulley, c&l plenum, jlp cai, LFP SBTB, FTSP, Magnaflow 3" catback, Eclipse AVN-5510, white face gauges, cobalt c2 boost gauge, ddm hid's, 379 rwhp, 465 rwtq sold 11/3/12

2009 Ford Flex Limited AWD
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 08:08 PM
Pedal Faster

Send a message via AIM to Josh_Keady
Quote:
Many blacks have strong hatred toward anything to do with slavery, and I can't blame them one bit. One problem though is that blacks often associate all whites with slavery, forgetting that half of the country didn't have slavery and actually fought to free the slaves. And at the risk of sounding insensitive, maybe blacks should actually be happy that slavery happened. Had slaves not been brought here, it's possible that many blacks today would not be here living in the greatest country on Earth.
I doubt that anyone would be happy that their ancestors were kidnapped and enslaved. Greatest country or not, I have pride in my ancestors. I take pride in the people that they were and I wouldn't be GLAD that they were made prisoners and sold against their will, even if I were living in squalor in another country.

Josh Keady

1994 Super Coupe ('93 5.0L swap), 1990 Tbird 3.8L, 1982 Honda CB900F, 1972 F-100 SportCustom 4x4, 1970 Chevy Custom Camper / 20
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 08:38 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93 lx View Post
wow, a somewhat controversial post, and no flaming going on. nice job guys.
F.U., whiteboy! LOL....j/k

I agree with a lot of what that email says, but disagree with some stuff too. There's racism and double standards everywhere. I'm not one of them. I have many black, Dominican, and Puerto Rican friends (plus other races I'm sure). It's all love. Every race has their bad apples. And people can call me a honkey or cracker all they want. I don't find that offensive, I actually think its funny as hell. Anyone ever see the Chappelle's Show where he's a blind black guy that thinks he's white and is a white supremicist? Funny stuff

- Mark
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 08:55 PM
4th Gear Poster

funny you mention chapelle's show....that guy told it like it is.

he showed america the way we act on an everyday basis....he just kinda overexagerated it lol.

but he did a good job, some people may have thought he was being racist, but he told it like it is.

Matt W.

post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 09:39 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdub312 View Post
funny you mention chapelle's show....that guy told it like it is.

he showed america the way we act on an everyday basis....he just kinda overexagerated it lol.

but he did a good job, some people may have thought he was being racist, but he told it like it is.
Definitely. That's one of my favorite shows of all time. Have all the DVDs, but I thought the "Lost Episodes" were kinda cheezy (except the first one where he does the skit where everyone finds out how many $millions he just made and what happens after, and the new 2Pac song skit in the club, LOL). He had some balls and told it like it was, and it was hysterical. A lot of people need to lighten up and be able to laugh at themselves sometimes. Too many people nowadays take offense to just about everything.
But anyway, back on topic: WHITE POWER!! lol j/k, j/k!!

- Mark
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird_parts View Post
In regards to the "black only" things such as Ebony mag, BET, UNCF, and the list goes on, and hearing blacks kids talk about white kids as "they are listening to our music" and "they are wearing our clothes" is that all of these things suggest to me that many blacks are actually trying to segregate themselves... the exact opposite of what they've fought for.
Maybe they feel they are losing their cultural identity to main stream pop culture?

96 Alpine Green V8

post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 11:04 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Aren't we all losing our cultural identity. Country has become pop. Pop has become Rock, Rock has become Rap, they're all becoming mainstream.

Everything is so cookie cutter anymore. From American Idol to every other fill in the blank reality talent show.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in