LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 10:41 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Great Obucina
of course we are. How often do you ride a greyhound bus? Its a cesspool of failure. My Ruger goes where i go, I have nothing to fear. Just like I said before....The valley of the shadow of death? **** the valley and its shadows. If you walk around in fear and paranoia, you become the sheep..bahhh.

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

no i do not ride greyhound or any public transportation for that matter, yes for the most part there in no need to be alarmed, but also you never know and im not so sure your ruger would have saved you here..
From the story the suspect and victim had not even spoke to one another, he just started slicing him up.....un fkin believable.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Send a message via MSN to sik97bird
What the HELL is with these type of people???? Seriously.... WTF!!! The kid apparently did nothing to provoke this. I would've shot his a** if I had a gun. Unreal.

I'M BACK
97 Supercharged Ford Thunderbird with warpdrive
Check out my Gallery

vist the Man RobertP at www.robstireandauto.com
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MadMikeyL
I heard about this and was reading up on it. What I really don't understand is what the guy was thinking. He is 40y/o with no criminal history, and then all of a sudden out of nowhere he just brutally murders and decapitates someone in front of 30-40 witnesses. I really want to know what was going through his mind when he decided to do this. Unfortunately I haven't found anything more than basically what info was on that article. I would be curious to see an interview with the guy.

-91 Cougar LS, coming soon, complete overhaul with a 427" Windsor.
-90 XR7 5-speed black on black w/sunroof, MP2, coated rotors, double intercooler, 15%OD, ported heads, comp stage 1 cam, 85mm TB, 90MM LMAF, 80# injectors, and ported big valve heads
-98 Mark VIII LSC, Procharger P600b, TR3650 swap and 3.73s.
-90 SC Automatic rustbucket winter beater
-97 Tbird Sport 4.6 Nice weather daily driver
-"Your buddy Mike is INSANE!" -ClintD's dad
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 12:45 AM
Pedal Faster

Send a message via AIM to Josh_Keady
Quote:
Originally Posted by sik97bird View Post
What the HELL is with these type of people???? Seriously.... WTF!!! The kid apparently did nothing to provoke this. I would've shot his a** if I had a gun. Unreal.
What is with them? I think they're, um, f'd in the head.

Josh Keady

1994 Super Coupe ('93 5.0L swap), 1990 Tbird 3.8L, 1982 Honda CB900F, 1972 F-100 SportCustom 4x4, 1970 Chevy Custom Camper / 20
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 03:13 AM
PostWhore
The AFDB is on a lil tight.

Haarp

Spinning pies like wheels.

DD driving my 20 year old project

Now with new ball joints...again
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 03:31 AM
Clueless Poster

Send a message via AIM to v8_superbirdy Send a message via Yahoo to v8_superbirdy
wow it pisses me off he has the same first name as me he doesnt deserve that name....personally i think his punishment should be to have hsi head removed in the same fashion eye for an eye...it may make the world go blind but then **** like this cant happen if everyone is blind

my other ride is an ambulance!
1997 V8 sport - first car - sold 6/7/10
2006 silver mustang gt premiumcustom made grill, frpp shorty headers, pypes cat back exhaust, hurst billet pro shifter,
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 08:49 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

and that everyone on the bus sat and watched.

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 09:06 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via MSN to SignofTheCat94 Send a message via Yahoo to SignofTheCat94
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Obucina View Post
and that everyone on the bus sat and watched.

That is the most disturbing part. I can imagine it happened fast, but how could you do NOTHING while it happened????

Mods? Do the ones in the garage waiting to go on the car count?

Many thanks to my fellow Veterans; I am honored to be a part of your ranks.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 11:36 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Juice Send a message via MSN to Juice Send a message via Yahoo to Juice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignofTheCat94 View Post
That is the most disturbing part. I can imagine it happened fast, but how could you do NOTHING while it happened????
Because they were all unarmed like they shouldn't have been. Are you, the unarmed civilian, going to attack a crazy guy with a hunting knife?

I put the sexy in dyslexia.
Chaos Journey
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 11:39 AM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via MSN to alasich
we are safe places, but i was always scared to use public transportation. It never was safe in the first place.

Black 3.8L Cougar LS

Muffler removal, K&N Drop In Air Filter, 205/75/R15 Trail Rated Tires, Rear Chrome Removal, Front Fog Lights, Digital Dash Mod, New AOD Transmission with Shift Kit, Air Silencer Delete

~newly painter front and back bumper and side mirrors. Done by me, and quite proud of it!~
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 12:02 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via MSN to SignofTheCat94 Send a message via Yahoo to SignofTheCat94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
Because they were all unarmed like they shouldn't have been. Are you, the unarmed civilian, going to attack a crazy guy with a hunting knife?
I'd have to say yes. The sanctity of innocent human life must be defended. In all honesty, I'd have almost certainly been unarmed and may very well have ended up as victim number 2, but I could not live with myself if I did nothing. I must admit, I've never been in a situation even close to that, so I hope that I would have the backbone to try to stop the attack, and I do believe I would. I hope I never have to make that choice, of course.

Mods? Do the ones in the garage waiting to go on the car count?

Many thanks to my fellow Veterans; I am honored to be a part of your ranks.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 12:22 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Juice Send a message via MSN to Juice Send a message via Yahoo to Juice
If you were carrying, then you would never have to worry about having the back bone. The guy stabs somebody, you blow him away, and go have coffee. Another day in the city.

Chaos Journey
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Who is John Galt?

Quote:
The people at the church in Tennessee were unarmed, yet they stopped the attacker . . . and that guy was armed with more than a hunting knife. Unarmed people stopped the situation on Flight 93.

Just because you don't have a gun/machete/etc. doesn't mean that you and those around just have to sit there and watch someone saw another guys head off/shoot fellow parishoners/etc.

"Won't work, can't be done"
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 04:25 PM
PostWhore

Congrats, you can compare apples to oranges to pears. Different situations, circumstances, and people involved. And who said that unarmed civilians could never resolve the situation? I can 100% guarantee you that if 1 person, just 1 person, was armed, the bus situation could have been played out a whole different way.

Flight 93??? Yeah, they stopped the terrorists alright, but look what happened to them in the end. Personally, and I'm sure those poor people would feel the same way if they were here, I don't want to have to die to stop someone if I don't have to.

Sure, the shooter at the church was stopped, but why did one of the church members have to take a shotgun blast first? No logic here.

Stories like this are the reasons why I carry. I don't want to be the victim in the next one.

How about these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8oEO_MV57I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDs-yGTdPFo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t_htoRmJIw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLXTnUPhKOY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36F1ni2jzO0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWTQRXF4qFw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LuZlE3nSg0

Want more?

Chaos Journey
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Boom.

Quote:
Congrats, you can compare apples to oranges to pears. Different situations, circumstances, and people involved. And who said that unarmed civilians could never resolve the situation? I can 100% guarantee you that if 1 person, just 1 person, was armed, the bus situation could have been played out a whole different way.

Flight 93??? Yeah, they stopped the terrorists alright, but look what happened to them in the end. Personally, and I'm sure those poor people would feel the same way if they were here, I don't want to have to die to stop someone if I don't have to.

Sure, the shooter at the church was stopped, but why did one of the church members have to take a shotgun blast first? No logic here.

Stories like this are the reasons why I carry. I don't want to be the victim in the next one.

How about these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8oEO_MV57I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDs-yGTdPFo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t_htoRmJIw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLXTnUPhKOY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36F1ni2jzO0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWTQRXF4qFw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LuZlE3nSg0

Want more?
The point of what Ryan was saying is that the mindset is the important factor, the tools are farther down the list. There are plenty of people that have guns but don't necessarily have the "sheepdog" mindset, the will to win, or simply think that a 9mm on their belt is the solution to any problem that could arise. The other examples given were examples of unarmed people with the mindset to act, survive, and protect others in the face of lethal situations.

That said, I'm all for an armed populace; I carry one (or two) guns nearly everywhere I go. They are in my opinion the best tools I can have at my disposal.

TCCoABAMFC - Founding Member
Official Member of the TCCoA Evil Underground Moderator Conspiracy
TCCoA Gun Club

2003 Mach 1 - 4.6L DOHC V8/4R70W

1995 Cougar XR7 - PI 4.6L SOHC V8
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Nativedetroiter Send a message via MSN to Nativedetroiter Send a message via Yahoo to Nativedetroiter
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignofTheCat94 View Post
I'd have to say yes. The sanctity of innocent human life must be defended. In all honesty, I'd have almost certainly been unarmed and may very well have ended up as victim number 2, but I could not live with myself if I did nothing. I must admit, I've never been in a situation even close to that, so I hope that I would have the backbone to try to stop the attack, and I do believe I would. I hope I never have to make that choice, of course.
Dude, The wife and I were having this conversation to my parents house, and I had said, how can this happen, how can poeple let this happen in front of thier eyes?? I said to her I would have done something, jumped on his back, started choking him out, all it takes is one person to defend life, and like sheep others will help. I just can't believe for the life of me that they made that dude the "Sacrificial Lamb"

Ya, its funny, Funny like a Clown.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 10:25 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

none of those people stopped the fruitcake because none of them value the lives of their fellow citizens. Armed or not, I refuse to be a victim, a number, a statistic, an obituary listing. No one holds the keys to my life other than me. If you attack, you had better kill me...and yes, if i stop a forcible felony with a .380 hollow point, I will go have a venti java chip frappachuino.

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 11:17 AM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via MSN to alasich
if i had a bat or something blunt, then i would of maybe helped out. But what are you going to do. They guy was already stabbed multiple times and already dead. If he was going after someone else on the bus, then get a gang of you to take him down, but if he's leaving you all alone, why provoke him more. I'm all for defending and helping out, but sometimes you just need to think if its worth it, and what could happen.

I could be wrong, but thats what i think. I'm not going to risk my own life, and possibly the lives of others on the bus to save a guy that was already dead....

dont hate me

Black 3.8L Cougar LS

Muffler removal, K&N Drop In Air Filter, 205/75/R15 Trail Rated Tires, Rear Chrome Removal, Front Fog Lights, Digital Dash Mod, New AOD Transmission with Shift Kit, Air Silencer Delete

~newly painter front and back bumper and side mirrors. Done by me, and quite proud of it!~
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 06:01 PM
TGJ
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada

Let's get a few facts out there.

- For a civilean to legally carry a handgun in Canada, they require a special license. For it to be carried in a vehicle, a time expiring license is required as well. The handgun must be in a locked case and not loaded with a trigger lock as well. If ammo is being carried, it is to be in another locked case.

- The attack took place at the very rear of the bus. beside the lavatory.

- There was 38 people on the bus including the driver. 24 of them were elderly( over 65 ) or were single mothers traveling with their children.

- Of the 12 passengers/driver that may have been able to do something, only 2 were anywhere near the attacker and the victim.

- The knife used was a 14" blade military fighting/hunting knife.

This is a real tough situation to deal with. This bus sat 44 people if fully loaded with one narrow aisle between the seats. It is really tough to say what you would do given those circumstances. You can say now without the **** hitting the fan and the adrenaline pumping what you would do; but when you are in that situation, what you really do is probably very different.

R.I.P. Johnny Langton (1975 - 2011)

1996 Thunderbird 5.0L 2V-4R70W
12.64 @ 107 MPH -> DA 3315 Ft above Sea level
12.49 @ 109 -> DA 2967 Ft above Sea level
2005 Mustang GT 4.6L 3V-TR3650 - SOLD
13.39 @ 102 MPH -> DA 3617 Ft above Sea level
2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V-6R80 - Bolt-ons
12.32 @ 115 MPH -> DA 2980 Ft above Sea level
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 09:32 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Nativedetroiter Send a message via MSN to Nativedetroiter Send a message via Yahoo to Nativedetroiter
Its the Fight or Flight situation, and the Dude I saw on T.V in the seat in front of it all, looked as if he could have done something. Maybe its just me, I guess I can scratch riding on a greyhound off of my list of things to do!

Ya, its funny, Funny like a Clown.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 12:51 AM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGJ View Post
Let's get a few facts out there.

- For a civilean to legally carry a handgun in Canada, they require a special license. For it to be carried in a vehicle, a time expiring license is required as well. The handgun must be in a locked case and not loaded with a trigger lock as well. If ammo is being carried, it is to be in another locked case.
Yeesh, now I don't feel so bad about living in anti-gun Kalifornia. I thought I had it bad.

Chaos Journey

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in