getting a tickey - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via MSN to alasich
getting a tickey

Ok, i wont get into detail, because i dont know if it's against the rules or not.

I wasn't street racing, but lets just say i did something the cops really didn't care for.

They managed to get my license plate number, but they didn't pull me over, couldn't find me.

There were 2 cops that saw the car. One wrote the license plate, one just saw the car.

since they didn't pull me over would they mail me a ticket or what?

Black 3.8L Cougar LS

Muffler removal, K&N Drop In Air Filter, 205/75/R15 Trail Rated Tires, Rear Chrome Removal, Front Fog Lights, Digital Dash Mod, New AOD Transmission with Shift Kit, Air Silencer Delete

~newly painter front and back bumper and side mirrors. Done by me, and quite proud of it!~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 03:03 PM
$.25 poster

Send a message via AIM to AlpineBird
if they didn't pull you over, how do you know all this?

'96 Alpine Bird 281ci
- Clear Corners
- DynoMax Cat-Back
- Purchased with 36,000 miles, now at 101k
- No mods planned untill it's DD life is over

1998 5.9 Limited Grand Cherokee
- Flowmaster Exhaust
- AEM Brute Force Intake
- Mopar Performance ECU

- 275hp-395ft/lbs at the crank (est.) Track results in the spring!!!
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

well, because i'm dumb and did get pulled over. took a wrong road home. I'm curious what would of happened if i took the other way home and didn't get pulled over.

Black 3.8L Cougar LS

Muffler removal, K&N Drop In Air Filter, 205/75/R15 Trail Rated Tires, Rear Chrome Removal, Front Fog Lights, Digital Dash Mod, New AOD Transmission with Shift Kit, Air Silencer Delete

~newly painter front and back bumper and side mirrors. Done by me, and quite proud of it!~
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 03:45 PM
$.25 poster

Send a message via AIM to AlpineBird
you probably wouldn't have gotten a ticket? I'm confused.

'96 Alpine Bird 281ci
- Clear Corners
- DynoMax Cat-Back
- Purchased with 36,000 miles, now at 101k
- No mods planned untill it's DD life is over

1998 5.9 Limited Grand Cherokee
- Flowmaster Exhaust
- AEM Brute Force Intake
- Mopar Performance ECU

- 275hp-395ft/lbs at the crank (est.) Track results in the spring!!!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 03:46 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

So you ran, got away, then drove back past them. They then caught you?
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

yes, i got away, then took a road a few blocks away and they spotted me. and pulled me over.

And no, i might not of gotten the ticket, but i'm mostly curious if they would of just mailed me a ticket since they had my license plate

Black 3.8L Cougar LS

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 04:43 PM

Without proof (like the cameras that take your picture when you run a red light) I don't think they could mail you a ticket. I might be wrong though.

--Chris

DirtyDog Torque Converter For Sale!!
Huge Parts Sale!!

1996 Thunderbird LX
Awaiting some tender deconstruction...
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

ya, thats what i was mostly worried about. I should of kept the car hidden for a few hours, then i wouldn't of gotten this stupid ticket

Black 3.8L Cougar LS

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 05:06 PM
TGJ
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada

If what you said is correct. It wouldn't matter if it was the RCMP or Saskatoon City Police. If they felt it warranted a ticket, they would be paying you a visit at your door and it may not have been just a ticket you would be receiving.

R.I.P. Johnny Langton (1975 - 2011)

1996 Thunderbird 5.0L 2V-4R70W
12.64 @ 107 MPH -> DA 3315 Ft above Sea level
12.49 @ 109 -> DA 2967 Ft above Sea level
2005 Mustang GT 4.6L 3V-TR3650 - SOLD
13.39 @ 102 MPH -> DA 3617 Ft above Sea level
2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V-6R80 - Bolt-ons
12.32 @ 115 MPH -> DA 2980 Ft above Sea level
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

thats what i figured. I also figured if i got pulled over, wasn't drunk, and polite, the cop might go easy on my instead of just sending me a $275 ticket in the mail. This way it was only $140.

Black 3.8L Cougar LS

post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by master486 View Post
Without proof (like the cameras that take your picture when you run a red light) I don't think they could mail you a ticket. I might be wrong though.
They got your plate # and a good look at your car. You're toast. They don't need a picture of the car if one cop saw what happened let alone two cops. Regardless if you hid for a day, month or year. They'd have been waiting on you at the house most likely right away (but the did find you so that wasn't necessary). The longer you laid low the worse they would come down on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGJ View Post
If what you said is correct. It wouldn't matter if it was the RCMP or Saskatoon City Police. If they felt it warranted a ticket, they would be paying you a visit at your door and it may not have been just a ticket you would be receiving.

Regardless if you hid for a day, month or year. They'd have been waiting on you at the house most likely right away (but the did find you so that wasn't necessary). The longer you laid low the worse they would come down on you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alasich View Post
thats what i figured. I also figured if i got pulled over, wasn't drunk, and polite, the cop might go easy on my instead of just sending me a $275 ticket in the mail. This way it was only $140.
If all you got was a $140 ticket they let you off Eaaaaaaaaaaazzzzzzyyyyyyyy!

In NC you'd be treated like a drunk driver for what you just described. Hauled off in handcuffs, automatic loss of license for like a year and ungodly points on your license when you did get it back which would drive your insurance rates through the roof. You'd have to work 6 jobs just to keep up with the insurance premiums.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

plates dont really go up here. you lose points on your license... my plates are going to cost a very little more a month. And yes, $140 is easy, but not when you dont have alot of money, lol. Dont get me wrong, i am thanking my lucky starts. Its also time to retire my driving habits, and get some more sensible ones. And sadly the cougar may just have to go with them

Black 3.8L Cougar LS

post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 07:23 PM
PostWhore

IDK if you really would have gotten in much trouble. A friend’s friend was clocked at 140+ mph and was in a two cop chase and got away (easily with his car, turbo VR6) and hid the car. It was in the news paper a day later lol. Cops eventually found the car but couldn’t prove who was driving or something like that so they just impounded it for the maximum amount of time, I think 30 days or something. He had a lawyer so that might have helped.

Guess he still got in trouble per se because he didn’t have his car for 30 days.

1995 T-bird 4.6l - Eibach lowering springs, Cobra R hood, One 12" sub woofer, Alpine type-R front speakers. 16.249 @85.11mph 1/4 mile
2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 - Cam, headers, HPtuned by me.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
might be a good idea not to talk about it over the interweb, not that people have been caught that way

-Matt
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 01:07 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to thewishkah
tbh I can't see how if they didn't see YOU(actual person) that they would have given you a ticket. My reasoning for this thought is that if you get bagged by a red light camera you don't get points because they can't prove you were driving the vehicle at the time of said offense but if a cop pulls you over you get points. Im not encouraging running from cops by any means but I just don't see them caring enough (depending on what you were doing) or able to prove it was you unless they new 100% that it was you driving at the time.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 01:44 AM

If a red light camera tags a car, the police send the ticket to the registered owner of the car. If that person is not the driver, they need to provide the information of the person who did drive the car at the time of the infraction and the ticket will then be sent to that person. Otherwise the ticket is stuck with the registered owner.

--Chris

Huge Parts Sale!!

1996 Thunderbird LX
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 01:27 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to thewishkah
Right, I am not arguing that fact however they will not get the points either way since it wasn't proven who was driving at the time.
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewishkah View Post
Right, I am not arguing that fact however they will not get the points either way since it wasn't proven who was driving at the time.
Maybe it's different in NY, but here in CA you will get points. The photographs they take show the car before the limit line (to show the light has already turned red), after the limit line, and also a shot from the front pointing right at the driver. The pictures are a high enough resolution to be used as photographic evidence.

--Chris

Huge Parts Sale!!

1996 Thunderbird LX
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 09:12 PM
5th Gear Poster

Quote:
If a red light camera tags a car, the police send the ticket to the registered owner of the car. If that person is not the driver, they need to provide the information of the person who did drive the car at the time of the infraction and the ticket will then be sent to that person. Otherwise the ticket is stuck with the registered owner.
not true in Arizona. You are under no obligation to divulge who was driving the car. Just have to make a copy of the R/O's id to show that it wasn't them and the ticket is done. The only recourse is to send a process server to the address on the registration and hope the driver lives there. If not, ticket goes by by.

In order to be given a citation, the officer needs to be able to identify the driver who committed the offense. If they can't no ticket irregardless if they id the car or not.

97 'Bird w/an 04 Explorer lower, 8lb AED upper, Marauder TC, 93 MK VIII DS
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 09:46 PM

Yup, it's different here then. There is a section that you must choose one of two options. Pay it yourself, or pass the ticket on to who was driving. They assume that if you haven't reported the vehicle stolen (which you would have to show proof of via police paperwork that shows the car being stolen at the time the infraction was committed) that you authorized someone to drive the car, and they want to know who so they can get your money! If the car was stolen and you didn't report it, it still the owner's burden.

--Chris

Huge Parts Sale!!

1996 Thunderbird LX
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 10:20 PM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to rednsilver94sc
first off why run in a 3.8 cougar what were the cops driving a horse? or a schwin?

worst car ever to run from the cops

and to sell it to stop driving habits? next step down is to buy a mini van and some of those are faster then a 3.8 cougar

and as far as i know if theres more then one person in a vehicle and the cops lose sight of you for more then a minute or so they cant issue a ticket to the driver because you may have switched with another occupant
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 10:59 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Yup, it's different here then. There is a section that you must choose one of two options. Pay it yourself, or pass the ticket on to who was driving. They assume that if you haven't reported the vehicle stolen (which you would have to show proof of via police paperwork that shows the car being stolen at the time the infraction was committed) that you authorized someone to drive the car, and they want to know who so they can get your money! If the car was stolen and you didn't report it, it still the owner's burden.
Actually, if you tell them it was someone else driving they don't even bother anymore.

For you SoCal guys, you should have been reading the newspaper about this.

My mom got a ticket in my car with a red light cam so I wrote up her name and license number and everything and then they never prosecuted. o_O

Anyhow here's how it works kids, (this is from my own POST-certified police training) we need to prove who was driving.

If we can't, we'll just impound your car once we find it, assuming we got your plate.

If we don't have your plate or some other distinguishing mark on the car so that we can PROVE it is the same car (like, you're screwed if you have a mural on your car or something else that makes it 100% unique, or different color body panels-- you know, stuff that ain't stock looking).

Anyhow, what the hell were you doing anyways?
Doing donuts and hooning about or just excessive speed??

96 Laser Red 4.6L - Custom
Custom Nascar-Inspired Bodykit - 55* Rear Spoiler - J-modded Trans - 80mm MAF - One-Off Diablosport Chipmaster Revolution Chip/Tune W/Toggle - ScanGaugeII Diagnostics & Data Readout - PBR Brakes - Drilled/Slotted Rotors - SC Wheels & Springs - Falken Tires - KYB GR-1 Shocks/Struts - FSTB - RSTB - RTLB - LECB - 60/40 Split Rear - SC Seats - SC Vac/Boost Gauge
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ghost View Post
Actually, if you tell them it was someone else driving they don't even bother anymore.

For you SoCal guys, you should have been reading the newspaper about this.

My mom got a ticket in my car with a red light cam so I wrote up her name and license number and everything and then they never prosecuted. o_O
Tell that to my family member who got the ticket after I got sent the thing in the mail when I let this person use my car. It didn't even take 5 business days!

--Chris

Huge Parts Sale!!

1996 Thunderbird LX
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
5th Gear Poster

i didn't really run from the cops, they just didn't chase me at first. And i meant sell the cougar for something FWD because i tend to drive nicer in one than a RWD.

Black 3.8L Cougar LS

post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 06:18 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Gcline
Did you do a burnout at a light or something? I did that once in my old car and got a reckless op ticket.

1997 Mercury Cougar XR7 Sport 4.6L
P.I. Intake, Mustang T/B and Upper Plenum,B&M Heavy Duty Trans Cooler, Trans Temp Gauge, A/F Ratio Gauge, K&N Cone Filter, Air Silencer Delete, 50% Front 20% Rear Tint, A&A Fiberglass GFX Kit, Xenon Front Clip, Magnaflow High Flow Cats

2001 Nissan Altima GXE Limited Edition

Daily Driver, 38mpg!

Quote:
at least Ford can pay their bills and not go on welfare like GM and Chrysler.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 08-05-2008, 10:49 PM
No, Mr. Lemmywinks, No!!!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcline View Post
Did you do a burnout at a light or something? I did that once in my old car and got a reckless op ticket.
I love lighting up the tires on my black Cougar about three cars back from a cop, pulling out from a light...just can't do it to the same guy twice!

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

"War Is Peace. Freedom Is Slavery. Ignorance Is Strength." - George Orwell.
Truth Isn't Truth. - Rudy Giuliani, 2018 Award winner, “Most Outrageous Diversion” by MSNBC for this quote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in