redundancy at its finest??? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to stickysilvertbird Send a message via MSN to stickysilvertbird Send a message via Yahoo to stickysilvertbird
redundancy at its finest???

alright well you guys all know that i just sold my 95 bird.. even though its STILL in my driveway...

well you also know that i swore up and down that id never ever buy another 95 tbird again..

funny enough i came across a red 95 SC.. i think its 5spd but i could be wrong.. im going to check tomorrow.. if its a 5spd its a definate buy.. but im hurting without the comfort of my bird.... this little protege is a pain in my ass.. literally... do you guys think i should get it? and if it IS a 5spd what do you think i should for it? its in a little mom n pop used auto place so i doubt they know the significance of a 1995 tbird SC 5spd...

♠Zack♠
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Maynard
Thou shalt pullest out thy pin and count to 3. no more, no less. 4 thou shall not count. nor shall thou count to 2, unless then proceeding to 3. 5 is right out! once thou counts to 3. being the third number being reached, then thou lobbest thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, towards thy foe, who be nort in my sight, dare snuff it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 04:31 AM

If I remember correctly you have been pinched for money lately. I think the last thing you want to do is get yourself into something like an SC, because, and I'm sure you already know, it can be quite expensive to own one.

--Chris

DirtyDog Torque Converter For Sale!!
Huge Parts Sale!!

1996 Thunderbird LX
Awaiting some tender deconstruction...
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 05:02 AM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

You should get it and if money is tight just tighten your budget, especially if it is a 5 speed.

1995 LX 4.6 Stock for now.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 05:54 AM
Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremys95Thunderbird View Post
You should get it and if money is tight just tighten your budget, especially if it is a 5 speed.
Well, it depends on how tight money is currently and how much money you're making, but given what little I know, I'm going to have to lean more towards not buying the SC, no matter how tempting it may be.

- Alex B.
Ranger Up - Not everyone's war stories end in high school.

Out of the Thunderbird game for now.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to stickysilvertbird Send a message via MSN to stickysilvertbird Send a message via Yahoo to stickysilvertbird
thanks guys... thats all i needed.. im just hurting without driving a fast car.. or a tbird lol.. and it wouldnt be a smart thing because imalready rebuilding an RX7 so... lol.. thats where my moneys going

♠Zack♠
Quote:
Thou shalt pullest out thy pin and count to 3. no more, no less. 4 thou shall not count. nor shall thou count to 2, unless then proceeding to 3. 5 is right out! once thou counts to 3. being the third number being reached, then thou lobbest thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, towards thy foe, who be nort in my sight, dare snuff it...
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 12:32 PM
PostWhore

if its a 5spd get it and sell the rx7

believe it or not a sc can be reliable if cared for and maintained regularly. :hide

it doesn't hurt to have a few extra spare parts though just in case

supercoupin'

www.EFIDynoTuning.com
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 12:46 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MadMikeyL
SC's are great cars if you can do EVERYTHING on them yourself, and I do mean EVERYTHING! Most shops won't touch them because they don't want to get themselves in the middle of a nightmare. Diagnosing problems can be difficult because they are more complicated than most OBD2 cars, but they only have OBD1, so basically when something is going wrong, you can't count on the PCM to tell you anything. Most of the problems with SCs (like vacuum leaks, failing harmonic balancers, and intermittently failing DIS modules) aren't actually that expensive to fix, they are just difficult to diagnose because they cause all kinds of bizarre symptoms, and they are labor intensive to replace the failed part.

Between here and SCCoA, you can pretty much get help diagnosing any problem on an SC, and a lot of times you will end up just swapping out certain sensors and such that are known to go bad, to narrow down the problem, since the data in the PCM won't tell you anything, so its a good idea to have a few of those parts on hand all the time, especially if you are going to use the car as a daily driver. The last thing you want is a $20 module leaving you without your car for a week while you wait for someone to ship one to you.

Basically, if you feel up to the task of doing all the work on your car yourself, and you want to learn more about working on cars, get the SC. If that's not you, then pass it on by.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and this is an example of IRONY, not redundancy. Redundancy would be buying 2 95 5-speed SCs.

-91 Cougar LS, coming soon, complete overhaul with a 427" Windsor.
-90 XR7 5-speed black on black w/sunroof, MP2, coated rotors, double intercooler, 15%OD, ported heads, comp stage 1 cam, 85mm TB, 90MM LMAF, 80# injectors, and ported big valve heads
-98 Mark VIII LSC, Procharger P600b, TR3650 swap and 3.73s.
-90 SC Automatic rustbucket winter beater
-97 Tbird Sport 4.6 Nice weather daily driver
-"Your buddy Mike is INSANE!" -ClintD's dad
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMikeyL View Post
EDIT: Oh yeah, and this is an example of IRONY, not redundancy. Redundancy would be buying 2 95 5-speed SCs.
lol shush mike

and yea i know i have to do EVERYTHING on them myself as ive already had an SC, no this wouldnt be a daily driver.. more of less a "haha look what i have" kind of car.. the RX7 will be my DD once its running good and im out of this protege...

♠Zack♠
Quote:
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 10:13 PM
PostSlut

*sigh

Nick......................I'm back!!!
May you fly low and fast
rest in peace JL
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by _95badbird View Post
*sigh
yup

-Matt
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 10:24 AM
Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by _95badbird View Post
*sigh
*X2

1997 Laser Red Thunderbird LX V8, grey cloth, third cat replaced with X-pipe, SLP Loudmouth 1's, 2.25" duals, (loud as all hell)
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 09:42 PM
PostWhore

your tight on money and yet you have a protege, an RX7 and now you want a SC? do you like being tight on money??? get down to 1 car and play with that. no wonder you have no money and your only making it worse with all these cars.

oh and you said its killing you not having a "fast car" a 95 bird is not fast lol thats just the diff in cylinders

most people talk, but few are up for the moment
-where there's money and imagination, there's cool cars
ohhh the Junkyard , one man's trash is another man's treasure

1993 3.8L Tbird----sold
1994 4.6L Tbird----sold
1995 Mark VIII----sold
2004 Mustang GT----sold
2003 Mach 1----current
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

im borrowing the protege.. i only partially own the RX7.. (got it from a member on here and i have yet to sign the title for it.) my money situation is easing up now ive managed to rid myself of my bird.. and yes.. compared to this protege.. ANYTHING is fast except maybe a lawnmower..

and im going to end up rebuilding this protege too as its had a broken cv joint since before i borrowed it and i just replaced the head & valve cover gaskets and valve cover yesterday along with a tranny flush.filter change and an oil change...

either way i think i might buy a car ive found for $500 it runs.. yea yall are going to kill me but its a 1987 nissan 300zx turbo.. only thing it needs it tires and a battery.. which isnt much of a problem.. but it gets me out of this ****box protege..

yea you can say it.. call me a ricer.. w/e idc

♠Zack♠
Quote:
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Buy the Z. For $500 it is a steal. Big time.

95 SC 5-speed The Toy in Storage now.
95 SC Auto Newest storage queen.
91 Festiva 1.3L baby 5 speed
03 Crown Vic Sport 4.6... driver
10 Flex Brick Twin Turbos
*Rodney*
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 06:12 AM
PostWhore

you get what you pay for. IF thats the only thing the Z need. you keep buying crap cheap crs you will never get of of having to fix them. save your money and buy a decent car so you wont have to dump money into them. so its ether pay less now and keep paying for pats, or pa more now and less as time goes on for a better condition car

most people talk, but few are up for the moment
-where there's money and imagination, there's cool cars
ohhh the Junkyard , one man's trash is another man's treasure

1993 3.8L Tbird----sold
1994 4.6L Tbird----sold
1995 Mark VIII----sold
2004 Mustang GT----sold
2003 Mach 1----current
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 09:45 AM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Koole Send a message via MSN to Koole
Show me to the 5spd! :P

1992 Thunderbird Sport
Cats/Mufflers Delete
Air Silencer Remove
Loud and Slow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in