going back to college - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

going back to college

I don't post that much here, but am constantly on this message board and have bought a few things from members. Anyway, I am going back to college to finish the degree I started at U of I in 2000 at NIU this fall. The reason I am even saying this is I thought there was a member here that lives in Dekalb and has a dohc bird. So... who was it again and we should meet up since i'll be there a lot, i'd like to check out your car, it looks sweet from the pictures I remember. That being said, i'm hanging up the wrenches for awhile and getting into the physics game. Sorry for wasting anyones time that read this, i know .

lowered, koni sport adjustables, 4.30 tl in aluminum housing, mark 8 trans, j-mod, 93 mark viii ds, antenna hole=gone, kooks headers 1.75" primaries, 2.5" catless duals, midmount magnaflow, 96-97 sport wheels with 255/50/16 sumitomo HTR Zs, optima in the trunk, new motor...94 mark 6/6/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 06:41 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Nativedetroiter Send a message via MSN to Nativedetroiter Send a message via Yahoo to Nativedetroiter
Have fun back in School. So what do you want to do when you grow up?

Ya, its funny, Funny like a Clown.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 07:50 PM
PostWhore
The AFDB is on a lil tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhandzep View Post
I don't post that much here, but am constantly on this message board and have bought a few things from members. Anyway, I am going back to college to finish the degree I started at U of I in 2000 at NIU this fall. The reason I am even saying this is I thought there was a member here that lives in Dekalb and has a dohc bird. So... who was it again and we should meet up since i'll be there a lot, i'd like to check out your car, it looks sweet from the pictures I remember. That being said, i'm hanging up the wrenches for awhile and getting into the physics game. Sorry for wasting anyones time that read this, i know .
Dude do not live in the dorms, get your own apt nearby and walk to school. I lived in that town. Nothing to do but drink it seems. And take your wrenches with you, you can make some $$$ by charging people for repair work on their cars. I hated NIU I thought it was a depressing hell full of stuck up spiteful hypocrites. I met my best friend there so, I hope you get lucky and meet some great people. There are some great people in that town, you just have to find them. People like to desert the town in the weekend because they have no friends locally within the university. I did have some good times though but the bad times were pretty awful. Summertime is the best time to be at that university, best parties too.

Spinning pies like wheels.

DD driving my 20 year old project

Now with new ball joints...again
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
6th Gear Poster

I'm hoping to get into the engineering field with a physics degree, or I may switch to ME after my first semester. We shall see I guess. Unfortunately I will not be living on campus, this is my second time around with college and to save money I will be living at my folks house and commuting. With the price of fuel I may end up getting a cheap place after my first semester though. I definitely would never live in dorms again, been there done that when I was 18. I have already partied enough in my life for approximately 17 people so i'll just be going to school to learn. This should have been my thinking when I was in Champaign for Aerospace Engineering. I definitely got kicked out of there because of grades/getting hammered drunk every night. It was fun though!

lowered, koni sport adjustables, 4.30 tl in aluminum housing, mark 8 trans, j-mod, 93 mark viii ds, antenna hole=gone, kooks headers 1.75" primaries, 2.5" catless duals, midmount magnaflow, 96-97 sport wheels with 255/50/16 sumitomo HTR Zs, optima in the trunk, new motor...94 mark 6/6/08
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 09:42 PM
PostWhore
The AFDB is on a lil tight.

Quote:
I'm hoping to get into the engineering field with a physics degree, or I may switch to ME after my first semester. We shall see I guess. Unfortunately I will not be living on campus, this is my second time around with college and to save money I will be living at my folks house and commuting. With the price of fuel I may end up getting a cheap place after my first semester though. I definitely would never live in dorms again, been there done that when I was 18. I have already partied enough in my life for approximately 17 people so i'll just be going to school to learn. This should have been my thinking when I was in Champaign for Aerospace Engineering. I definitely got kicked out of there because of grades/getting hammered drunk every night. It was fun though!
We all need time to grow, some more than others. I'm all grown up already. I have the big time finance degree, I'm not going to be in the field at all. why do you need college to learn physics? Just get the text books and read them, learn on your own for pennies on the dollar. Makes much more sense financially. Don't seem wise until you add the cost vs. benefit per time spent in school vs. time spent learning on your own for nothing. Everyone loves a self motivated individual.

Spinning pies like wheels.

DD driving my 20 year old project

Now with new ball joints...again
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-19-2008, 10:57 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Good for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splattered View Post
We all need time to grow, some more than others. I'm all grown up already. I have the big time finance degree, I'm not going to be in the field at all. why do you need college to learn physics? Just get the text books and read them, learn on your own for pennies on the dollar. Makes much more sense financially. Don't seem wise until you add the cost vs. benefit per time spent in school vs. time spent learning on your own for nothing. Everyone loves a self motivated individual.
Sometimes you just need the piece of paper though.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-20-2008, 11:47 AM
PostWhore

Cool

Good for you!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 12:17 AM
Baby Huey

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshzz View Post
College is a lot of fun AND it hleps to get a good job! joshzz
Dude seriously, padding your post count is stupid, I know your just trying to get 50 posts so you can peddle you scam crap in the classifieds.

To the OP, congrats on going back to school, I took a year off from school to work and now im back. First day back was today!

Jim

1995 Thunderbird LX: Vortech S-Trim(12psi), Forged PI 4.6, T-45, SCT Tune, Eibach Pro-kit, Magnaflow DI/DO Exhaust, 3.73 TL, and 17" Cobras

1995 Thunderbird SC: Bone Stock
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 12:30 AM
Moderator & Teksid Whore
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to guitar maestro Send a message via Yahoo to guitar maestro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splattered View Post
why do you need college to learn physics? Just get the text books and read them, learn on your own for pennies on the dollar.
that has got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard....have you even taken any serious physics classes?...i'm talking more than just algebra-based phys 101 and phys 102........unless you're a genius, you're not going to learn everything on your own, that a BS in physics equips you with at an accredited university

Last edited by guitar maestro; 08-26-2008 at 12:36 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in