scammed.. on craigslist.. - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to stickysilvertbird Send a message via MSN to stickysilvertbird Send a message via Yahoo to stickysilvertbird
scammed.. on craigslist..

well you guys know i sold (..or well at least i thought i did) mty 95 tbird... turns out the guy that bought it from me sent me a fraud check.. so now im in the hole almost $4k... so just as future reference.. if you guys have anything up for sale on there.. beware of emails from a particular "greg scott" scam artist if i ever saw one. just thought id let you guys know hes out there and what to looks for. so now.. a more pressing matter... anyone wanna buy a 95 lx with a bad tailshaft seal??? lol

♠Zack♠
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Maynard
Thou shalt pullest out thy pin and count to 3. no more, no less. 4 thou shall not count. nor shall thou count to 2, unless then proceeding to 3. 5 is right out! once thou counts to 3. being the third number being reached, then thou lobbest thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, towards thy foe, who be nort in my sight, dare snuff it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Great Obucina
why didnt you ask for cash or a money order or a certified bank check?

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 09:35 PM
Veteran Poster

get his name and address off the check and go to where he lives with the police
post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 09:36 PM
Voice/Data Guru

Sorry Zack you should have the money in hand before letting the car go

2017 Mustang GT 5.0L 2nd gen, cold air box,tune,6 speed auto,RGR 3.31, Magnaflow Tru X-pipe ,GT350RStrips
Gray Mustang Registry # 8582

post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 09:38 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to stickysilvertbird Send a message via MSN to stickysilvertbird Send a message via Yahoo to stickysilvertbird
*sigh* here we go..

this was meant to be a warning to yall.. just a kindly lookout for you guys.. not something for you all to come in and say "dude your effing stupid for not doing this that and w/e. please dont start flaming or w/e because im giving you all a warning.

♠Zack♠
Quote:
Thou shalt pullest out thy pin and count to 3. no more, no less. 4 thou shall not count. nor shall thou count to 2, unless then proceeding to 3. 5 is right out! once thou counts to 3. being the third number being reached, then thou lobbest thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, towards thy foe, who be nort in my sight, dare snuff it...
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderChecken View Post
Sorry Zack you should have the money in hand before letting the car go
aye i still have the car... its still in my yard... he never came and got it... but, such is life heh darren? lol

♠Zack♠
Quote:
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 09:40 PM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via MSN to 5.0 bird
Well at least you still have the car, but I guess the money is gone?

Matt

1986 Cougar 5.0

1989 Mk VII LSC 5 speed (sold)

1992 Thunderbird Sport 5.0 (sold)
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 09:40 PM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
i didnt see anyone flame, you used craigslist badly and you got what you paid for.

-Matt

Last edited by XR7-4.6; 08-23-2008 at 12:41 AM.
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Veteran Poster

we get you sticky.....craigslist is very shady
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 09:43 PM
PostSlut

so lemme guess, you got nigerian scammed?

Nick......................I'm back!!!
May you fly low and fast
rest in peace JL
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by _95badbird View Post
so lemme guess, you got nigerian scammed?
in a friggin nutshell, yea

♠Zack♠
Quote:
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 09:50 PM
PostSlut

sucks bro.......sometimes when its too good to be true, it must be..

Nick......................I'm back!!!
May you fly low and fast
rest in peace JL
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by _95badbird View Post
sucks bro.......sometimes when its too good to be true, it must be..
agreed.

♠Zack♠
Quote:
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 10:18 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via MSN to SignofTheCat94 Send a message via Yahoo to SignofTheCat94
sorry about your luck; at least you still have the car.

Mods? Do the ones in the garage waiting to go on the car count?

Many thanks to my fellow Veterans; I am honored to be a part of your ranks.
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 10:42 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SignofTheCat94 View Post
sorry about your luck; at least you still have the car.
+1

So sorry to hear.

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. FusionŽ Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to Last Mrk Send a message via Skype™ to Last Mrk
How are you out almost $4k if you still have the car?

post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 11:20 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Mrk View Post
How are you out almost $4k if you still have the car?
Did you spend $4k?? I don't see how you're in the hole $4k if you still have the car. Seriously, how the fork did you manage that?

96 Laser Red 4.6L - Custom
Custom Nascar-Inspired Bodykit - 55* Rear Spoiler - J-modded Trans - 80mm MAF - One-Off Diablosport Chipmaster Revolution Chip/Tune W/Toggle - ScanGaugeII Diagnostics & Data Readout - PBR Brakes - Drilled/Slotted Rotors - SC Wheels & Springs - Falken Tires - KYB GR-1 Shocks/Struts - FSTB - RSTB - RTLB - LECB - 60/40 Split Rear - SC Seats - SC Vac/Boost Gauge
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

aye.. ok.. heres the whole thing..
the idiot calimed his bank sent me his full paycheck instead of what he owed me for the car, i got the check ($3200.00) took out what io needed for the car and sent him the rest back, all (in my own stupidity.. and blinded by the fact that i actually had money for once) before the check had a chance to clear... so now my bank isnt presing charges (yet) but i still have to pay back the $3200.00 plus all the overdraft and daily interest bull****... THATS why im 4k in the hole... now seriously does anyone want this ****ing car?

♠Zack♠
Quote:
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 12:11 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

also.. he never came to get the damn car.. thats why i still have it... this thread is completely off topic from what it was intended for but whatever..

♠Zack♠
Quote:
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 12:26 AM
Moderator & Teksid Whore
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to guitar maestro Send a message via Yahoo to guitar maestro
he doesnt need the car...he's got quite a chunk of change in his pocket to leave a down payment on a real nice car lol
post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 06:01 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Kaptn' Obvious Send a message via Yahoo to Kaptn' Obvious
Sorry to hear that man. I hope you can find out who it is and take his ass to the cleaners. It doesn't sound to me like you got "SCAMMED" more like some fool that wrote a hot check. Call the police and take his ass to the cleaners, take him to court...

Don't knock CL though. I've found some of my favorite things there. 41" Samsung 1080i LCD TV $1000 Complete PBR caliper swap $80, Rear disc swap $75. Stay away from the women though... I met this really cool chick. Well, turned out she had GhoneHerpeCypliAids, three kids, a felony, and lived with her mom. Thank god I walked away with nothing you can't scrub off with bleach and a brillo pad...

Good luck to ya!

Mostly stock...

For now...
post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 07:22 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickysilvertbird View Post
aye.. ok.. heres the whole thing..
the idiot calimed his bank sent me his full paycheck instead of what he owed me for the car, i got the check ($3200.00) took out what io needed for the car and sent him the rest back, all (in my own stupidity.. and blinded by the fact that i actually had money for once) before the check had a chance to clear... so now my bank isnt presing charges (yet) but i still have to pay back the $3200.00 plus all the overdraft and daily interest bull****... THATS why im 4k in the hole... now seriously does anyone want this ****ing car?
seriously, are you retarded?
post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 08:04 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

that would of flagged it right there. anyone i have ever delt with off craigs list i have payed cash or recieved cash

64 ford galaxie -FE powered beast!- sleeping giant
69 cougar standard- 347/c6 -efi restomod, heidts prog 4 link heavily modified front, custom strutrods boxed lowers rollerperches 620 lowering springs! meier shock tower brace
96 f150 supercab lifted beast! 351 powered beast
87 shasta roadmaster 29ft travel trailer- pimpdaddy camping!
mn12 less!
post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 08:13 AM
Johnny Bling Bling

Send a message via AIM to 93 lx
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFanatic View Post
seriously, are you retarded?

2003 Ford Expedition: 5.4L, harley supercharger, 2.93 upper pulley, 4lb lower pulley, c&l plenum, jlp cai, LFP SBTB, FTSP, Magnaflow 3" catback, Eclipse AVN-5510, white face gauges, cobalt c2 boost gauge, ddm hid's, 379 rwhp, 465 rwtq sold 11/3/12

2009 Ford Flex Limited AWD
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 09:25 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Kaptn' Obvious Send a message via Yahoo to Kaptn' Obvious
Sobered up, read it again... Are you high?

Seriously... You're not the bank, and never spend money you don't have...

You have any chance of tracking him down?

Mostly stock...

For now...
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 10:54 AM
5th Gear Poster

I feel so sorry for you with the whole situation, but I would open a new bank account some where else so you get to keep your pay check if its direct deposited, then I would tell your bank you arent paying sh#* until they help with this matter , after all this go get the sherrif dept involved they are less busy with city crap so they normaly deal with hot checks, there are recourses to all of this and you definately need to contact the authorities and start a bank account before this hits your credit report. With it being such a high number your bank should have never sent that money back like that they should have put a hold on the check till everything cleared. In this day in age with all the check scams I feel it is more the banks fault then yours. Since you did not pass off a fake check or hot check, I would definatly disapear from your bank cause it will just hurt your credit for 2-3 years, this sucks but you can chunk it up to experience and a lesson learned. I am not saying give up because you may find this jerk off and get everything situated with lawsuits and all that bs or you can just beat the 4000 out of him. I wish I had that kind of money cause I could use another good car. I am sorry for your luck its just a chance we take in this world today.I got my supercharger stolen by Wynn on sccoa and it wasnt some jack around supercharger it was a ported s-blower I am still pissed about it. that was basically 400-600 dollars worth so I can imagine your pain. If you need any moral support I am here.

Got the only bird with Lambo Doors in Texas!
Thanks Luke!
97 Thunderbird 4.6
1992 Merc. Cougar 5.0
1995 Merc. Cougar 4.6
post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 11:32 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MadMikeyL
Do you have the address where you sent the money to? If you do, I'd show up there with a baseball bat and start asking some pointed questions.

Also, don't blame craigslist for this. I had someone try to pull the same scam on me when I sold a car on ebay. After I got the forged check, I sent the person an e-mail cursing them out, and I relisted it, and added in the description that someone tried to scam me and I'm not going to fall for it so thieves shouldn't even bother. Well within 24 hours of cursing the thief out in an email and relisting the car, someone else hit the buy-it-now and sent the exact same email the first guy had sent, word for word!

As for switching banks, that really isn't a good option since the bank will just add on fees and hurt your credit, and all that will happen is you will pay more in the end. The bank has the power, so they will get their money, and unfortunately if you send a large amount of money that you don't have to someone based on a check that hasn't cleared yet, that really isn't the bank's fault.

I feel bad for you for having been scammed, and I know that you must be pissed as hell cause I was livid when they tried to rip me off, and they didn't even get any money out of me. However at the same time, I'm kind of angry at you for having fallen for this scam. If it weren't for people falling for it, then there wouldn't be any money in it and thieves wouldn't bother trying this scam anymore. Hopefully you will learn from this that people suck and when it comes to money, don't trust anyone that you don't know very well.

-91 Cougar LS, coming soon, complete overhaul with a 427" Windsor.
-90 XR7 5-speed black on black w/sunroof, MP2, coated rotors, double intercooler, 15%OD, ported heads, comp stage 1 cam, 85mm TB, 90MM LMAF, 80# injectors, and ported big valve heads
-98 Mark VIII LSC, Procharger P600b, TR3650 swap and 3.73s.
-90 SC Automatic rustbucket winter beater
-97 Tbird Sport 4.6 Nice weather daily driver
-"Your buddy Mike is INSANE!" -ClintD's dad
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 01:15 PM
5th Gear Poster

Oh crap I didnt realize you sent him money back, that cant be taken care of the way I described I didnt understand your last message it jumped around too much. If you sent the guy money back then the bank is not at fault you still may be able to do something about it though I thought it was like a hot check that you used money on. But as for the credit thing who cares, as long as your state is like texas there is nothing that can happen to you except messed up credit and collection calls. When I had my son my wife and I lost our 2 cars, and about 10,000 in credit cards ad a dell computer, I went to go file bankruptcy because I was basically 30,000 in debt counting the cars, well the lawyer said he could do it but why, he said a few years later everything would be ok, I was also told not to pay on them because they would add more charges on top of the charges they already accrued. 4 years later I bought another car, and a house, I also have a 8,000 snap on credit line. I have one credit card no more than that, and I also have 2 cell phones (not prepaid) I didnt have to pay a deposit on the cell phones, dish network or my cable when I switched from dish network. My car was financed at 5.6% and the house at 6% and its for only 15 years, I could have gone longer but I felt I was making enough money to pay it off quicker, I should have chosen 30 and paid more each month. Any way now that I started school I sold the tahoe, and I paid almost every bit of my snap on bill off. What I am getting at is if you can deal with bad credit you will be ok, just make sure you dont get a lawsuit that could bring you jail time or a bigger fine, after a while the bank will write it off and collect insurance what you never pay. I am only saying this so you can eat and still live, that is way more important than credit. If you can pay it back with out you or yur family suffering too much then pay it off, with the economy the way it is right now its hard to get loans with decent credit so remember if you do this you will not get a loan or credit line for at least 3-4 years. also if you dont pay and it goes to collection you can settle for pennies on the dollar and it will be then forgiven and you can then wipe your record clean. I had a lawyer right the credit agencies and I got my repos wiped off and the 3 cards we settled on wiped off too, that cost me about 1000, 600 for my credit and 400 for my wifes credit. needless to say it took me about 4 years but I cleared everything up way cheaper than all the stupid interest and what I actually owed when they closed the account It was hard work and a hassle dont get me wrong try having to buy junk cars every 6 months that really sucked but then I learned how to work on cars and got a sc then I graduated to v-8 t-birds and cougars. also if you plan on going to school and need loans the federal loans are different bad credit will still allow your federal student loans for school use. If you default on a student loan though you risk garnishment, and all that crap but any way none of the ways are going to be easy and in the last message it did sound like I was saying that was the way to go. It is only a last resort if it takes food and living away from you or any of your family I.E. housing and electricity, and gas. If it takes away a video game or movie or some nice clothes dont do it, its not worth it. I had to do it cause I was way out of my means, and it was a choice of food and diapers and housing, and electricty. So choose wisely and make sure you are very well educated on either decision.

Got the only bird with Lambo Doors in Texas!
Thanks Luke!
97 Thunderbird 4.6
1992 Merc. Cougar 5.0
1995 Merc. Cougar 4.6
post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 05:32 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Gcline
Does sending you a check for that amount and you sending cash back to him ring a bell? This is such a common scam its not even funny.

1997 Mercury Cougar XR7 Sport 4.6L
P.I. Intake, Mustang T/B and Upper Plenum,B&M Heavy Duty Trans Cooler, Trans Temp Gauge, A/F Ratio Gauge, K&N Cone Filter, Air Silencer Delete, 50% Front 20% Rear Tint, A&A Fiberglass GFX Kit, Xenon Front Clip, Magnaflow High Flow Cats

2001 Nissan Altima GXE Limited Edition

Daily Driver, 38mpg!

Quote:
at least Ford can pay their bills and not go on welfare like GM and Chrysler.
post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 06:24 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

when you sell a car, you dont give change. i mean seriously THINK about it.

CMP Drag Racing
best ET: 12.410 -- best MPH: 107.61
NMRA MM7270 -- NMCA EFI/? ????
Thank you to the CMP Drag Racing team: Tony, Doug, Maryann, Dale, Paul and Chris.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in