1997 T-Bird LE in FLA - TCCoA Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By T6Rocket
  • 1 Post By XR7-4.6

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

1997 T-Bird LE in FLA

This 97 LE looks to be in nice shape, and has low, low miles! It appears to have been garaged, but is missing the factory floor mats for some reason.

Ford: Thunderbird LX

Al

97 T-Bird LX 4.6 - 80k miles
94 Supra TT Auto - street/strip car
04 CVPI- Brenda's car - 76k miles
Previous Fords:
95 T-Bird LX 4.6 - fully optioned, owned 15 years, 220k miles
96 Cougar XR-7 4.6- Brenda's car, owned 11 years, 187k miles
88 T-Bird 3.8 - first T-Bird, owned 5 years, 206k miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 03:49 PM
PostWhore

Garage
It's beautiful, I won't lie about that. I just don't think it's worth $6K for a bone stock, barely driven 19 year old car.

Unless the owner changes the belts, hoses, vacuum lines, and suspension parts just because he's bored, they're all going to rot out the second the car gets some serious street time.

I love these cars, but I can't justify overpaying for one.

And the factory floor mats are probably under the aftermarket ones or in the trunk to protect them. My wife's new Escape still has them in the wrapper because it came with all weather cut to fit ones.

97 Thunderbird LX (The GT Bird)
2003 Explorer WAP block with Modular Head Shop "street ported" heads and Stage 2 PI NA cams, 75mm Accufab throttle body, C&L upper intake plenum, Kooks 1.75" primary/3" collector headers, 2.5" full exhaust with mid mount Magnaflow dual in/out muffler, 24lb/hr injectors, 80mm MAF, Tuning from Don @ www.lasotaracing.com, CAI that feeds from fenderwell. Jmod, 3.73:1 TL in Mark VIII carrier, Mark VIII aluminum LCAs, 93 Mark VIII driveshaft, PBR brakes (soon to be Cobras), 18x9 wheels with 35mm offset, 255/40/ZR18 Tires, Front and Rear strut/shock bracing, GR-2 shocks, Eibach 1.5" springs, 1989 SC front and rear sway bars.

Last edited by Woodman; 06-21-2016 at 03:58 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 07:56 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

I am sure there is plenty of room for negotiation in that price. Especially after it sits for a while. $5k would be a good price, IMO.

I think it's better to buy a car in nice shape than one for $1500 that needs paint, interior, etc, which the paint will cost twice as much as what you bought the car for. Then you are right back close to $5k, but with non-original paint, and a car that is still a little rough around the edges, and with high miles.

Any used car you buy will need a little TLC, for sure. Suspension, we all know will need rebuilt at some point. I have never changed the vacuum lines on an MN-12 I've owned, the Ford coolant hoses are EPDM, very long lasting, and there's only one belt. But I would replace the hoses, etc, it's just normal maintenance.

Al
Woodman likes this.

Previous Fords:
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 09:58 AM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
+1

I've said it before and I'll say it again, we're our own worst enemies when it comes to the oft repeated question of whether or not these cars will be worth something someday. If we enthusiasts for these cars can't justify paying for a truly nice one, there's no chance in hell anyone else would, EVER.

As far as replacing everything rubber - you need to on a high mile car too LOL Difference is the super low mile car won't be dropping much dirt and grime and rust and and shit in your eyes when you're breaking the bolts loose to do it
KULLER94 likes this.

-Matt

Last edited by XR7-4.6; 06-22-2016 at 10:03 AM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 01:13 PM
PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by T6Rocket View Post
I am sure there is plenty of room for negotiation in that price. Especially after it sits for a while. $5k would be a good price, IMO.

I think it's better to buy a car in nice shape than one for $1500 that needs paint, interior, etc, which the paint will cost twice as much as what you bought the car for. Then you are right back close to $5k, but with non-original paint, and a car that is still a little rough around the edges, and with high miles.

Any used car you buy will need a little TLC, for sure. Suspension, we all know will need rebuilt at some point. I have never changed the vacuum lines on an MN-12 I've owned, the Ford coolant hoses are EPDM, very long lasting, and there's only one belt. But I would replace the hoses, etc, it's just normal maintenance.

Al
The hoses are not a concern, nor the belt. An hour in a driveway with a bucket and you're good. It's the rubber on the suspension... Sucks to replace barely used suspension components due to lack of use.

97 Thunderbird LX (The GT Bird)
2003 Explorer WAP block with Modular Head Shop "street ported" heads and Stage 2 PI NA cams, 75mm Accufab throttle body, C&L upper intake plenum, Kooks 1.75" primary/3" collector headers, 2.5" full exhaust with mid mount Magnaflow dual in/out muffler, 24lb/hr injectors, 80mm MAF, Tuning from Don @ www.lasotaracing.com, CAI that feeds from fenderwell. Jmod, 3.73:1 TL in Mark VIII carrier, Mark VIII aluminum LCAs, 93 Mark VIII driveshaft, PBR brakes (soon to be Cobras), 18x9 wheels with 35mm offset, 255/40/ZR18 Tires, Front and Rear strut/shock bracing, GR-2 shocks, Eibach 1.5" springs, 1989 SC front and rear sway bars.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

RobertP sells heavy duty boots for the UCA's. I used a set on our CVPI. They are extremely strong, but you have to manually pack the grease in there if there isn't a grease fitting.

Al

Previous Fords:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in