Hurricane Florence - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 05:20 AM Thread Starter
MA Chapter Director

Administrator

Garage
Hurricane Florence

This storm looks like it means business and the track is heading for the Carolina coast. Landfall expected late Thursday or Thursday night and it's just going to sit there dumping huge amounts of rain.

Be safe folks!

Joe

It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Mass. TCCoAers, Send me your info!

I buy all my Ford parts from 93 lx.

Member of the TCCoA Damage Control Team.

R.I.P. Johnny Langton 1975 - 2011
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 05:40 AM
No, Mr. Lemmywinks, No!!!

Garage
Man, There are three major sized storms in the Atlantic; it looks like we may make up for some of the milder seasons we've seen lately.

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

"War Is Peace. Freedom Is Slavery. Ignorance Is Strength." - George Orwell.
Truth Isn't Truth. - Rudy Giuliani, 2018 Award winner, “Most Outrageous Diversion” by MSNBC for this quote
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 08:37 AM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grog6 View Post
Man, There are three major sized storms in the Atlantic; it looks like we may make up for some of the milder seasons we've seen lately.

No big surprise here. It'll be quiet for a year or two and then Wham! The Carolinas and Florida will get hammered.

I"m high and dry and there are no big trees in our community (Thanks to developer clear cutting when the place was built). But anyway, yea, keep your heads down on the coast and pick your slippers up off of the floor so they don't get wet. This is definitely one storm to watch.

Last I saw it was heading for a Wilmington, NC landfall. I'm just hoping it's not another Floyd (SEPT 1999) or Hugo. (SEPT 1989) - Those were the worst hurricanes to hit the Carolinas in modern memory.

Here's the top 5 list with a good description of each if anyone's interested: https://www.wral.com/weather/hurricanes/story/3311088/

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 09:05 AM
PostWhore

Don't forget about Fran in 1996. That was the worst one we have had in Raleigh in the 32 years I've lived here.

Al

97 T-Bird LX 4.6 - 80k miles
94 Supra TT Auto - street/strip car
04 CVPI- Brenda's car - 76k miles
Previous Fords:
95 T-Bird LX 4.6 - fully optioned, owned 15 years, 220k miles
96 Cougar XR-7 4.6- Brenda's car, owned 11 years, 187k miles
88 T-Bird 3.8 - first T-Bird, owned 5 years, 206k miles

Last edited by T6Rocket; 09-11-2018 at 08:14 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 07:06 PM

Garage
Look at the global map; there are three large hurricane-type storms in the Atlantic, and Four in the Pacific right now.

I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Red '96 Cougar XR-7 240k mi. '02 4R70W, PST DS : '03 PI engine, 04 maf, 24lb injectors, 2.5" exhaust, '02 4r70w + Jmod, DirtyD0g TC + cooler + 3/8" lines, 255 walbro fp. Alpine system.
Black '96 Cougar XR-7 (Lazarus) 210k mi PI Intake, '02 4R70W, Jmod, PST DS, GrogTune, Konis, Mark LCA+Poly, racecougar Custom Engine Chain, and JL and racecougar Bracing.
Black '97 Tbird Limited Edition, '02 4R70W, 255 walbro, PST DS, PBR Brakes&SS lines, Toicko Blues & Springs, GrogTune.

Truth Isn't Truth. - Rudy Giuliani, 2018 Award winner, “Most Outrageous Diversion” by MSNBC for this quote
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 11:07 AM
5th Gear Poster

Hopefully it won't be your version of Harvey. Most of those down here who didn't cut their losses and move are still rebuilding.

Good luck out east!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 03:09 PM

Super Moderator

Garage
Oh, it will very much be Harvey two-point-oh. I just heard forecasts of 20" to 30" in some places in VA. The coastal areas of SC, NC and VA are every bit as low as south TX.

I just hope that the evacuation orders are headed. Anyone who blows those evacuation orders off, refuses evacuation assistance or doesn't request assistance if they need it and stays put deserves to die IMHO.

I worry about the College Lake dam that was just in the news last month. I highly doubt it's in any better shape now than it was then. Look out Lynchburg, VA!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lynchbu...va-2018-08-03/

People will die, I have no doubt. The Buffalo Theory at work ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Buffalo Theory as told by Cliff Clavin
"Well ya see, Norm, it's like this... A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo. And when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole group keeps improving by the regular killing of the weakest members.

"In much the same way, the human brain can only operate as fast as the slowest brain cells. Excessive intake of alcohol, as we know, kills brain cells. But naturally it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first.

In this way, regular consumption of beer eliminates the weaker brain cells, making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. That's why you always feel smarter after a few beers."

Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 03:26 PM

Garage
Looking at the model tracks, it looks like it will make landfall on the 14th, about dawn.

Tomorrow it will hit the warm water of the Gulf Stream, so it will likely pick up more energy.

Looks like Wilmington, +-50 miles north or south, gets the majority of the Bad News.

Be safe, everybody.

EDIT: I like it when I'm wrong, only cat 1.

I apologize in advance for the people dealing with an Any force hurricane.

Last edited by Grog6; 09-14-2018 at 09:14 AM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 02:25 PM

Super Moderator

Garage
First two fatalities reported. - A woman and infant in Wilmington, NC were killed when a tree fell on their house. The father was injured and taken to a hospital. What part of evacuated did they not understand?

Also, 200+ high water evacuations ... Just stupid. So sad.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in