Some tbird parts f/s/t - TCCoA Forums
 32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Some tbird parts f/s/t

Up for grabs, you cover shipping and pay first
out from California, tbird 97 brake calipers and brackets and hoses
rotors that are rusty (I think they are original) and btw they work just not that well
15 inch wheels and if you want the tires they are BRAND NEW Toyo tires @215 less than 3,xxx miles on them
that's it for now

97 lx (sport??) 'burd
sn95 hub swap (in progress)
cobra rear brake (parts needed)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 07:45 PM
PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybirdyfly View Post
Up for grabs, you cover shipping and pay first
out from California, tbird 97 brake calipers and brackets and hoses
rotors that are rusty (I think they are original) and btw they work just not that well
15 inch wheels and if you want the tires they are BRAND NEW Toyo tires @215 less than 3,xxx miles on them
that's it for now
Are you really trying to sell rusty rotors?

97 Thunderbird LX (The GT Bird)
2003 Explorer WAP block with Modular Head Shop "street ported" heads and Stage 2 PI NA cams, 75mm Accufab throttle body, C&L upper intake plenum, Kooks 1.75" primary/3" collector headers, 2.5" full exhaust with mid mount Magnaflow dual in/out muffler, 24lb/hr injectors, 80mm MAF, Tuning from Don @ www.lasotaracing.com, CAI that feeds from fenderwell. Jmod, 3.73:1 TL in Mark VIII carrier, Mark VIII aluminum LCAs, 93 Mark VIII driveshaft, PBR brakes (soon to be Cobras), 18x9 wheels with 35mm offset, 255/40/ZR18 Tires, Front and Rear strut/shock bracing, GR-2 shocks, Eibach 1.5" springs, 1989 SC front and rear sway bars.
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-10-2019, 10:20 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
btw they work just not that well. you cover shipping and pay first.

LOL

Nobody wants those shitty parts.
post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Quote:
yea you need some? ill leave some rust on there just for you
Air2Mud likes this.

97 lx (sport??) 'burd
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 08:22 AM
PostWhore

If you throw in the old pads, you might get a taker. As long as they still work (but understandably not that well).

Al

97 T-Bird LX 4.6 - 80k miles
94 Supra TT Auto - street/strip car
04 CVPI- Brenda's car - 76k miles
Previous Fords:
95 T-Bird LX 4.6 - fully optioned, owned 15 years, 220k miles
96 Cougar XR-7 4.6- Brenda's car, owned 11 years, 187k miles
88 T-Bird 3.8 - first T-Bird, owned 5 years, 206k miles
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

original parts!!

97 lx (sport??) 'burd
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 12:14 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Marketplace is not for troll threads. Throw this crap in the scrap pile.
Trunk Monkey and flybirdyfly like this.

1994 Thunderbird - 2000 4.2L M5R2 now on the road!!

1995 Thunderbird - 2002 Alum 4.6L SVO - Awaiting transplant... (Parts donor)

1996 Cougar - 2004 3.9L 4R70W
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 12:59 PM
Road warrior extrodinaire

Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jco1385 View Post
Marketplace is not for troll threads. Throw this crap in the scrap pile.
Moved to Miscellaneous "For Entertainment Purposes Only".

Mods? Yea, I got mods ...
Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)
Best 1/4: 1,320 nanoseconds @ 670,616,629.2 miles per hour

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 06:48 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by T6Rocket View Post
If you throw in the old pads, you might get a taker. As long as they still work (but understandably not that well).

Al

According to his Newbie post, he bought the whole car for 500 bucks. And the brake system is really worn out, causing it to wobble under hard braking. Then he wants somebody here to buy this garbage that makes him drive like an 80 year old, staying under 60 mph.

The Rotors are worth at the most $1.00 each at a recycle yard, but you might get $5.00 if you bring them four rotors.
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 12:35 AM
PostWhore

When I get my brake upgrade, I'll give you my calipers and pads as they are as well. Lucky for you, they work.

'97 Bird, "Pearl": L/R 2.5in Magnaflow Hi-Flow CATs | PI Intake & PI Cams | Suspension Rebuild

'13 Taurus, "The Bull": 3.5L Goodness

'00 2dr v6 Accord, "Dirty Girl": Magnaflow Hi-Flow CAT | Greddy SP2 CAT-Back | Eibach ProKit springs | Eibach F/R Sway Bars | KYB-GR2 struts
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 10:23 AM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dDUBb View Post
According to his Newbie post, he bought the whole car for 500 bucks. And the brake system is really worn out, causing it to wobble under hard braking. Then he wants somebody here to buy this garbage that makes him drive like an 80 year old, staying under 60 mph.

The Rotors are worth at the most $1.00 each at a recycle yard, but you might get $5.00 if you bring them four rotors.
I didn't even think a recycle yard would take them. To me, they are just heavy Frisbees. I think this guy and his "burd" should fly to another galaxy.
Al

Previous Fords:
post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-12-2019, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

ah got flamed so hard for this post lol...
I am actually not trolling (hard to believe) and if everyone agrees these belong in the junkyard then that's where these old rusty parts are gonna go.
but srs note, couldn't you turn the rotors and they would be brand new? just my opinion
thanks for the "advice"!!
mcm51 likes this.

97 lx (sport??) 'burd
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 09:26 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via AIM to MadMikeyL
They may be functional after turning them, but they sure as hell wouldn’t be “brand new”. Plus it usually costs around $15 each rotor to turn them, and you can buy new ones for not much more than that. Even if the rotors weren’t warped, you would have a hard time giving them away, so your rusted warped old junk has no value whatsoever.

-91 Cougar LS, coming soon, complete overhaul with a 427" Windsor.
-90 XR7 5-speed black on black w/sunroof, MP2, coated rotors, double intercooler, 15%OD, ported heads, comp stage 1 cam, 85mm TB, 90MM LMAF, 80# injectors, and ported big valve heads
-98 Mark VIII LSC, Procharger P600b, TR3650 swap and 3.73s.
-90 SC Automatic rustbucket winter beater
-97 Tbird Sport 4.6 Nice weather daily driver
-"Your buddy Mike is INSANE!" -ClintD's dad
post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 09:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
I am actually not trolling (hard to believe) and if everyone agrees these belong in the junkyard then that's where these old rusty parts are gonna go.
but srs note, couldn't you turn the rotors and they would be brand new? just my opinion
Don't sweat the flaming so much. It's the internet.

On a more serious note, these cars aren't really worth much (see your purchase price) so "original" parts don't mean anything at all. While there is a bit of a following, it's mostly just a holdover from long ago and some of us just haven't found a better use of our time. Used parts that are consumables like this have value only as scrap. While I understand that you're looking for a few bucks to help out with your hub swap, this probably isn't the avenue that's going to produce much for you.

Even if we deleted all of the flame posts you're still not going to find anyone that's going to buy these parts. You'll just have silence.
Trunk Monkey likes this.

"When the only tool you have is a hammer, suddenly everything looks like a nail."
"Nothing is foolproof because fools are so ingenious."
1992 Ford Thunderbird SC

Coast High Peformance 347 Stroker
-Low Tension Oil Rings, Zero Gap Seconds
-10.5:1 Compression Ratio
Trick Flow Twisted Wedge heads
Trick Flow Stage 1 cam
Trick Flow Street Heat Intake
Mac 1 5/8 long tube headers
FRPP 42# injectors
3.27 gears
Custom aluminum driveshaft
M5R2
Burned Chip for SN95 T4M0 ECM
OMGHI2U

post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 10:29 AM
PostWhore

No, warped rotors are not worth being resurfaced. The wobbling will re-emerge eventually.

Al
flybirdyfly likes this.

Previous Fords:
post #16 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

haha this thread has been a real hoot. thanks for the warm welcome everyone xD

97 lx (sport??) 'burd
post #17 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 02:39 PM
5th Gear Poster

Quote:
and if you want the tires they are BRAND NEW Toyo tires @215 less than 3,xxx miles on them
That alone deserves a flame fest.

Let me guess, "less than 3,xxx miles" means about 2,999 miles, right? But they're BRAND NEW!

Reminds me of all the ads for FREE stuff. It's FREE.. then in tiny print, "just pay a separate fee plus shipping and handling." But it's FREE!!!

Gotta love the eBay listing nonsense as well: lots of "brand new" items to draw you into viewing the listing, then you discover the truth (or as much truth as the seller thinks people deserve). As just one example, I've seen lots of collectible LP's listed as brand new. Come to find out the shrink wrap was cut open and the record is graded by the seller as VG+ or NM. But it's BRAND NEW!!

GTFO with that overselling BS.
MaddMartigan and flybirdyfly like this.
post #18 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-13-2019, 04:51 PM
PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Here's the way I look at it...

Before selling anything, ask yourself, "Would I buy it?" and answer yourself honestly.

And if you really believed they were salvageable, why'd you replace them?

We appreciate new folks, and it's great that you're here and want to fix up your car. But don't start your time here trying to unload garbage on us. We have plenty of our own.
MaddMartigan and Trunk Monkey like this.

97 Thunderbird LX (The GT Bird)
2003 Explorer WAP block with Modular Head Shop "street ported" heads and Stage 2 PI NA cams, 75mm Accufab throttle body, C&L upper intake plenum, Kooks 1.75" primary/3" collector headers, 2.5" full exhaust with mid mount Magnaflow dual in/out muffler, 24lb/hr injectors, 80mm MAF, Tuning from Don @ www.lasotaracing.com, CAI that feeds from fenderwell. Jmod, 3.73:1 TL in Mark VIII carrier, Mark VIII aluminum LCAs, 93 Mark VIII driveshaft, PBR brakes (soon to be Cobras), 18x9 wheels with 35mm offset, 255/40/ZR18 Tires, Front and Rear strut/shock bracing, GR-2 shocks, Eibach 1.5" springs, 1989 SC front and rear sway bars.
post #19 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 05:05 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Quote:
Here's the way I look at it...

Before selling anything, ask yourself, "Would I buy it?" and answer yourself honestly.

And if you really believed they were salvageable, why'd you replace them?

We appreciate new folks, and it's great that you're here and want to fix up your car. But don't start your time here trying to unload garbage on us. We have plenty of our own.

I guess if were keepin this thread alive ill answer back haha not really trying to unload garbage but I just went to the junkyard and picked up calipers and hubs and rotors from a sn95 stang. turned thr rotors they were fine and rebuilt the calipers wit ha gasket kit all on a cheap budget. so parts can pretty often be reused and that was my logic. Not saying I disagree with you cuz safety is my number one priority and just figured the hubs are good and calipers are good from my 'bird ya get it now? rotors maybe not

97 lx (sport??) 'burd
post #20 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque View Post
That alone deserves a flame fest.

Let me guess, "less than 3,xxx miles" means about 2,999 miles, right? But they're BRAND NEW!

Reminds me of all the ads for FREE stuff. It's FREE.. then in tiny print, "just pay a separate fee plus shipping and handling." But it's FREE!!!

Gotta love the eBay listing nonsense as well: lots of "brand new" items to draw you into viewing the listing, then you discover the truth (or as much truth as the seller thinks people deserve). As just one example, I've seen lots of collectible LP's listed as brand new. Come to find out the shrink wrap was cut open and the record is graded by the seller as VG+ or NM. But it's BRAND NEW!!

GTFO with that overselling BS.

first of all don't ever say flame fest again
second of all this isn't ebay. not sure what ur complaining about but ~2,k easy California driven miles on some brand spanking new toyos is not bad. that's about...what 4 months of driving. lol 400 posts? ur opinion is OVERRATED broski so you gtfo my thread thanks

97 lx (sport??) 'burd
post #21 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 05:31 PM
Humble MN12 Genius
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to XR7-4.6
There is a thickness limit rotors can safely be resurfaced to, but they’ll still be more prone to warping than stock thickness. The cost of getting them resurfaced is usually higher than brand new as well so it’s a total wash.

-Matt
post #22 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 08:20 PM

Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
second of all this isn't ebay. not sure what ur complaining about but ~2,k easy California driven miles on some brand spanking new toyos is not bad. that's about...what 4 months of driving. lol 400 posts? ur opinion is OVERRATED broski so you gtfo my thread thanks
In addition to rotor thickness limit there is also a skin thickness limit requirement here. If you're so thin skinned as to be offended by that off hand reference to a "flame fest" and lightly used vs. new tires you really shouldn't be on any forum. Don't take comments like that seriously. Yea, they're low mileage tires. New? Uh, no. Anyway, the real tell will be the build date of the tires as to how "new" they are.

So yea, I see Torques point. Could he have said it more tactfully? Yea. But damn, don't get so bent out of shape over tires. There are way more important things in life to get pissed over.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming ...

Air silencer delete, warp drive, dilithium crystals, flux capacitor, Slingshot Rubber band power adder, Moonshine & Gas, Leaf Blower Supercharger, Hamster Wheel & Hamster, Energizer Bunny generating 1.21 gigawatts, Mr. Fusion® Home Energy Reactor, hover conversion and a sextant celestial navigation system (The original GPS)

"There isn't that much difference anymore between spacecraft, aircraft and modern automobiles..." - Keith Henry, NASA's Langley Research Center
See a list of my real mods and pictures of my car HERE. The true performance of my car was made possible by the Carolinas Crew Chief, RobertP at Rob's Tire & Auto
post #23 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-14-2019, 11:05 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

wasn't even offended but thanks for moderating!
mcm51 likes this.

97 lx (sport??) 'burd
post #24 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 12:44 PM
5th Gear Poster

I know better than to feed the trolls, but since this was moved for entertainment purposes and I'm bored...

Quote:
Your other personality that liked my critical post agreed and understood. The personality quoted above is just wrong on many levels, among them being:

1. First of all, it's a public thread, and last time I checked, "flame fest" wasn't prohibited language on TCCOA. If the term flame fest were prohibited, you can rest assured I wouldn't have said flame fest. But, since flame fest isn't prohibited, I said flame fest. I'm pretty sure I had never typed flame fest on this forum before, and I doubt I'll bother typing flame fest again.. at least, not until such time as a flame fest is warranted.

2. The statement that TCCOA isn't eBay is correct, and is, of course, completely irrelevant. Overselling sales hype is overselling sales hype, regardless of where it's posted. It's used car salesman exaggeration, pure and simple. It's no skin off my nose what anyone here does or doesn't do with their stuff (that I'm not purchasing), and since I have no vested interest in it, there's no reason to complain. What was misperceived as a complaint was merely pointing out the obvious, as a criticism. There's a difference between complaint and criticism, the nuance of which evidently eluded the above quoted (triggered) personality.

3. Not sure what you were referring to as being my opinion. If it was the flame fest remark (oops, I did it again), yes, obviously that was opinion. But, since the OP/above personality is evidently unaware, the definition of "brand new" isn't opinion, it's English. You can familiarize yourself with it here: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/brand-new
As soon as you drive off with a new tire on the vehicle, it becomes used. First, it was presented as barely less than 3,xxx which has since turned into approximately 2k. In either case, it's FAR from "unused". You could have driven over all kinds of things in the roads right off the tire store lot. Maybe one of your personalities is a horrible driver and could have run hard over several curbs (that stresses a tire and it isn't generally obvious by looking at it), hit a dozen deep/jagged potholes before you got a mile down the road, run over rocks and/or scratched up the sidewalls, did burnouts out of every stop, whatever. Point is, used != new. If you had merely qualified it similar to: "In my opinion, they're like new and have never been mistreated", I wouldn't have even bothered responding to that at all. I'll credit you for admitting mileage on them, but unfortunately that rough estimate keeps changing (getting lower). A potential buyer at this point would be completely justified in demanding to see the original sales receipt, showing not only the date of purchase, but the odometer mileage for comparison (not that they should believe the OD wasn't rolled back), as well as confirmation that they were in fact brand new when you had them installed.

4. Post number. Seriously? Other than the one that liked my critical post, your personalities wouldn't understand the concept of quality vs. quantity (a rare exception being this very post, but then I hardly ever post in the Misc. section — and I won't be replying to any of your personalities' replies here henceforth, although I appreciate the personality that liked my critical post ).

Last edited by Torque; 01-15-2019 at 12:58 PM.
post #25 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 05:16 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque View Post
4. Post number. Seriously? Other than the one that liked my critical post, your personalities wouldn't understand the concept of quality vs. quantity (a rare exception being this very post, but then I hardly ever post in the Misc. section — and I won't be replying to any of your personalities' replies here henceforth, although I appreciate the personality that liked my critical post ).
Yeah .. your 8+ years of forum browsing are irrelevant when you only have 400 posts. LOL I just hit 4000, but for the most part - all I do is talk shit.

Im just feeding the fire. Those are "California" miles bro, like the roads here are all that fuckin great.
post #26 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
1st Gear Poster

lol all that time to write up a post im never gonna read. Lemme rephrase the condition of the tires... does "like new" or "excellent condition" satisfy the masses? haha

97 lx (sport??) 'burd
post #27 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 07:58 PM

Super Moderator

Garage
Still looking for the build date on them.

post #28 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 06:22 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
lol all that time to write up a post im never gonna read. Lemme rephrase the condition of the tires... does "like new" or "excellent condition" satisfy the masses? haha
Nobody wants your shitty old tires or stock 15" wheels either. Does that make sense ?
post #29 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 06:29 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dDUBb View Post
Nobody wants your shitty old tires or stock 15" wheels either. Does that make sense ?
If the OP can get them dismounted, someone on CL will buy the old tires (provided they hold air and aren't cracked) for $40/set. I'd be shocked if he got $60.
- The key is to take a picture of the treads and post it on CL and deal with the really sketchy folks who buy $10-15 tires.

The recycler can take the 15" rims for the aluminum scrap price (I think I got 27c/LB but that was a few years ago).
mcm51 likes this.

My TCCOA iTrader Rating: (44 / 100% w/ 50+ transactions)

24 Hours of Lemons 2017 Sear Pointless Organizer's Choice
2018 Upgrade: does your TBIRD make Fritos? Mine does
http://goo.gl/csaet4
post #30 of 50 (permalink) Old 01-17-2019, 06:35 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4gunn View Post
If the OP can get them dismounted, someone on CL will buy the old tires (provided they hold air and aren't cracked) for $40/set. I'd be shocked if he got $60.
- The key is to take a picture of the treads and post it on CL and deal with the really sketchy folks who buy $10-15 tires.

The recycler can take the 15" rims for the aluminum scrap price (I think I got 27c/LB but that was a few years ago).
Thanks Gunn. LOL

Point being, nobody is going to pay for shipping on those fuckin wheels and shitty tires from California.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in