PI intake on... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

PI intake on...

Okay, got this done yesterday - and just like I thought, I can't see what everyone thinks is so hard about this. It's really not difficult. The toughest part was getting the old water nipple out. I put an 11/16" socket over the end of the tube and a ballpeen hammer... it took a few mins to get it to move, but once it did it plopped right out. Putting the new coolant tube wasn't too hard, as long as everything else stayed out of the way. The easiest way to route the heater hose is to just discard the old heater->coolant tube hose and run a fresh one across.

I took the old manifold out with the fuel rails/injectors on, then swapped them over to the PI intake and reinstalled the thing as an assembly. I epoxied the ports up, so I don't really think it needed RTV, but I put some on anyway. Use NPI gaskets.

Now for the fun part:
Took the car for a ride over the mountain.... all I can say is wow. The best way to describe it for those who haven't done this is to compare it to the way the NPI intakes pull at 3000-3500 rpms. The difference is the PI intake pulls like that clear on up until it shifts (5000 RPMs). This is by far the best mod I've done on this car.

I have GOT to get this car to a track soon, I've gotta know what it'll run!

96 Mustang GT 5spd. w/ 248A Option (GTS). Stock for now until I get the Roush on.

97 Thunderbird 4.6L LX /w Sport Package
24k B&M Cooler, 1" lowered, Steeda UD Pulleys, Dynomax cat-back, J-mod, 3.73's, PI intake, PI cams, 03 GT MAF/Tube, SCT tuned - Gone but not forgotten.
MAMN12 Drag Racing Team [email protected] In need of updated times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 09:34 PM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to MadRussian Send a message via MSN to MadRussian Send a message via Yahoo to MadRussian
Good work!

I thought it was real easy too. That EGR tube kept getting in the way, and I was too lazy to remove it from the bottom.

Do you have your speed limiter problem resolved?

Last year my car hit it right at the finish line, now with the mark converter and intake manifold, I need to get it removed before I run again.

-Andrey

96 LX 4.6L
13.215 @ 103.09
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 01:21 AM
PostWhore

You notice any power down low, or is it all upper end power.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Sorry I've been away guys, had to do a few things recently.

Mad, As of yet I still haven't compensated for the speed limiter... I'm saving for an SCT package to solve that problem though. That's going to rock.

Wilson, it feels pretty similar down low at around town RPMs... maybe a teeny tiny bit better but nothing like the difference above 3k.

96 Mustang GT 5spd. w/ 248A Option (GTS). Stock for now until I get the Roush on.

24k B&M Cooler, 1" lowered, Steeda UD Pulleys, Dynomax cat-back, J-mod, 3.73's, PI intake, PI cams, 03 GT MAF/Tube, SCT tuned - Gone but not forgotten.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 07:30 PM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to MadRussian Send a message via MSN to MadRussian Send a message via Yahoo to MadRussian
Quote:
Originally posted by Silver95Bird
I'm saving for an SCT package to solve that problem though. That's going to rock.
Yep, me too

96 LX 4.6L
13.215 @ 103.09
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2004, 12:33 AM
PostWhore

Tom, you should come down to Cecil County Dragway on April 17th in Rising Sun, MD. A bunch of us are getting together including A-Train, EECDOC, Mike V, and about a dozen others. You have to pre-register at superststallions.com This will be an event to remember. PM me if you're interested.

Jim

Slightly Jerryfied...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2004, 10:13 AM
PostWhore

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-03-2004, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

I'll have to see if i can make it...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in