HorsePower TV Serving Rice - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Reverse Gear Poster

HorsePower TV Serving Rice

Just watching HP TV. I don't really know why. Nothing else on right now.

They just added nitros (oops - NOSSSSSSS) to a riced out civic coupe with huge aluminum tail (WHAT?), fart can, altezzas, lime green, and so on.

They bumped the HP up and INCREDIBLE 30% to 198HP!! What is with that? Aren't there other shows for that? That show just irritates the h3ll outta me. It's like a half hour infomercial.

"Now we're gonna go ahead and...." How many times do they say that in a show?

Done. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 04:00 PM
PostWhore

Its a business. They'll build whatever they need to that'll show off the advertiser's products. When they started that project, APC was the main advertiser of the project, so that explains the body kit, altezzas, spoiler, and whatever other cheap junk was on that car.
As far as the GSR motor swap and nitrous, thats cool with me. But yes, it would've been much better in a non "riced" out car. 200whp in a 2600lb car will go 13's, so its not like its a slow car.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Reverse Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack K
Its a business. They'll build whatever they need to that'll show off the advertiser's products. When they started that project, APC was the main advertiser of the project, so that explains the body kit, altezzas, spoiler, and whatever other cheap junk was on that car.
As far as the GSR motor swap and nitrous, thats cool with me. But yes, it would've been much better in a non "riced" out car. 200whp in a 2600lb car will go 13's, so its not like its a slow car.
Yeah, agreed it'll be quick, but these guys (or producers) sell their soul to stay on TV. I check in there to see some muscle, not APC stuff. It's a bit sad really.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 04:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to JustinH
The local scene has a few integra's with pretty strong n/a combos.

I think they are pretty neat. I saw horsepower tv this morning and that civic is nice minus the wing and euro tails. But since apc is sponsoring it, they put that crap on it.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 04:59 PM
4th Gear Poster

Civic coupes weigh in at 2400-2500ish lbs, EX model too.

"No, I'm not a cop. What can I get for fifty bucks?"
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 06:28 PM
3rd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Vicious781
Did you also notice that in the begining of the show when they had the North VS South, one of the drag cars was a T-bird driven by Mike Bell. There was another one one there also, looked to be 91'ish body style. Mikes was a 94/95 body style. I thought that was kewl. I always tape the show. Oh yeah, sorry to get off track, i don't like that Honda either, but i bet they really don't have much of a choice. Its probally up to the producers what they really do on the show.

96' t-bird 4.6 lightly modded
2003 Cobra Mustang

"If I had a tumor, I'd name it Marla"
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 06:39 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

so i dont think we should watch it anymore , that will send the point. watch trucks though! stacy is cool and he usually only plays with domestics, i love the wild builds he does, best part is those huge pyles of oe stuff when hes done.

64 ford galaxie -FE powered beast!- sleeping giant
69 cougar standard- 347/c6 -efi restomod, heidts prog 4 link heavily modified front, custom strutrods boxed lowers rollerperches 620 lowering springs! meier shock tower brace
96 f150 supercab lifted beast! 351 powered beast
87 shasta roadmaster 29ft travel trailer- pimpdaddy camping!
mn12 less!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 06:46 PM
Iowa Chapter Director
Uber Luber
TCCoAAC Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jk89cat
so i dont think we should watch it anymore , that will send the point. watch trucks though! stacy is cool and he usually only plays with domestics, i love the wild builds he does, best part is those huge pyles of oe stuff when hes done.
The look on Gaylen's dad's face was classic!

1988 Notch Mustang: - 438W, direct port n2o, t56
2003 SVT Focus: - SCT X3 tuner
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 09:12 PM
Pedal Faster

Send a message via AIM to Josh_Keady
Well, they're all about advertising as has been said... here's a quote from their website:

From cams to lubricants, exhaust systems to seat covers, the producers of Horsepower TV can tailor show content to benefit your bottom line! The power of the Internet through Horsepower TV can work in tandem by driving television viewers directly to your web site!

Which isn't to say that they don't quality test their stuff, but don't think money doesn't play a part in what you see.

Josh Keady

1994 Super Coupe ('93 5.0L swap), 1990 Tbird 3.8L, 1982 Honda CB900F, 1972 F-100 SportCustom 4x4, 1970 Chevy Custom Camper / 20
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 12:39 PM
Veteran Poster

HP TV is a good show for the majoraty of the time. They hit up the rice the rare times but for the most part keep with the old v8s! I love all these shows. lets see there is Horsepower TV, HotRod TV, Popular Hotrodding TV, American Muscle Car, Two Guys Garage (Kinda gay most of the time), Dream Car Garage (great arse show and its done in Canada!), American hot rod the series, Sports car revolution, My classic car, BJ car search and then a handfull of ricer shows like Tunervision, tuner transformation, super tuner TV... well there are alot more but I can't remember them right now. There is this one canadian ricer show that is SOOOO ghetto! Its a joke man... oh its really funny to watch cause they have NO budget at all like I swear its a high school project or something! Man, wish I could remember the name of that.

1995 THUNDERBIRD LX
4.6 SOHC V8
FRPP red spark plug wires
4 wheel disk, 3.27 w. track-lok
Stainless exhaust pipes for mufflers!
Baumann shift kit
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 08:56 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ZackG Send a message via Yahoo to ZackG
hptv is mainly a good show imo. But they dont research some of the stuff they put on. I remember joe elmore was all about putting a TB on his stock ~96 stang and he was hopin for all these gains.. sigh.. On another note, trucks is great. Stacey is all about custom fabrication and doing practical things. I still want to see him swap the turbocoupe motor into a ranger :-)

97 Tbird 4.6
VT built block, fox lake PI heads
Vortech at XY psi
4.10's, KB boost a spark.
Yummy.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2147246

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in