Rice amazes me... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
Raoul Duke

Rice amazes me...

Take a look at this Civic:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...517116760&rd=1

Somebody obviously spent a lot of time fabricating that hood, as well as doing the "lambo conversion" on the doors.
Here's my question:
Why would somebody with that much creativity and ambition succumb to the trendy euro tails, autozone seat covers and "projektur" headlights?
I'm amazed by this stuff...

(in case anybody asks, I was looking at eBay Civics for exactly this reason... a good laugh)

1996 Mercury Cougar XR7
4.6 - Dynomax-Equipped - Tranny Cooler - 3.27 T/L - 125k Miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-06-2005, 11:16 PM
3rd Gear Poster

Common now! It is a "Type R" That car is amazingly powerful. All that wireloming (or whatevertf its called) adds tons of power. You gotta respect a car like this.

DISCLAIMER: I have been known to lie uncontrolably

Stronger than never ever before

2.5'' -> 3'' -> 2.5'' Exhaust, MAC Intake, Iridium plugs, 8.5mm plug wires, 76mm MAF, 2.5'' cats, 5% aluminum OD pulley, UD pulleys, lightweight jackshaft pulley, ported supercharger and raised top, front and rear poly bushings
For now...
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 12:42 AM
Banned

for some off reason it looks ps'ed

-Mike
post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 01:04 AM
Iowa Chapter Director
Uber Luber
TCCoAAC Member

that is the riciest gayest cars I have yet to see. First of all, you know you're a ricer when you put a car up for auction on eBay and dont even post engine pics, and I mean ones where you can actually see things on the engine, not a transparent hood.

$200 ported throttle body? Yeah right, I sell mine for 65.
$200 electronic turbo...riiiiight
$350 forged pistons...for what, the .2psi from the electric turbo? aaaaahhahahaha
$200 for spark plugs and wires, I hope they add like 50 mad hp cause those are expensive.
$250 chrome valve cover, sure looks like dirty a** cast aluminum to me, anyone else?

that stuff is just freaking hilarious. If he thinks his car is worth almost 40k then why does it have no bids? lol

-Thomas

1988 Notch Mustang: - 438W, direct port n2o, t56
2003 SVT Focus: - SCT X3 tuner
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 03:38 AM
Dim Bulb

Send a message via AIM to Falcon5783 Send a message via MSN to Falcon5783 Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon5783
He's got alllll that $ dropped into it, it still looks like a piece of trash, and he's only asking $4200... riiiight. Something's just not clicking. Maybe it's that he's a noob

+1

Elliot
'95 who-the-hell-knows-what in progress
2003 Mustang Cobra radiator, 180* T-stat, Hayden Ultra-cool auxiliary transmission cooler, 13" slotted/cross-drilled front rotors, Dual-Piston PBR calipers Powder Coated Red w/ black logo, 17" 7-spoke Chrome Motegis, JVC Arsenal 5000 HU with touch screen, Kappa 5x7's, Audiobahn 12 pushing 550 rms, FF50 driving lights, FF75 fog lights, xenon 95 air dam, 97 side skirts, rear window tbird decal
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 05:25 AM
4th Gear Poster

And that folks is how you polish a turd.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 09:58 AM
1st Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepr
And that folks is how you polish a turd.

I am always amazed when I see something like this. A fool and his money are soon parted...
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 07:21 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94TchikinV8 Send a message via Yahoo to 94TchikinV8
ok, by the way the hood would close, I would think that those hood pins would have to be the stick on(fake) variety too...
That's rediculous...

1994 Thunderbird LX V8

Still in pieces in the garage awaiting body work, paint, and a drivetrain...

Currently driving a 98 Mustang GT convertible:
02 Explorer engine, Comp 262ah cams, Steeda underdrives, aftermarket H-pipe with high flow cats, SLP LM1 exhaust, MGW shifter, RAM clutch
[email protected], 2.17 60ft(stock 2.73s, worn-out trac-lok)
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 09:12 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ThunderBeast86
What a waste of God Given time and money!
Things I will never understand:
1.Americans not supporting Domestic Products (hint:WHY JAPANESE CARS, or should I say Go-Karts)
2.Who honestly likes the sound of a ricer muffler? How can you say that sound is better than a 4.6L with True Duals?!
3.Who wants a car made with cheap, plastic parts?
4. 4-Cylinders are a disgrace to cars everywhere....give your cars some REAL power. Why buy a 4 banger?

Maybe I'm crazy....can anyone answer these questions?!?!!?
haha

2.25" True Dual Catless DI/DO Magnaflow Exhaust, Eibach Springs, Addco 1 3/8", J-mod, Viper 791 Alarm, Clarion 855 full color touch-screen, Directed 2400 amp , 2 12" CV Strokers with a custom ported box, K&N air filter, 180* T-Stat, Xcal2 SCT TUNED BY LONNIE 17 x 7.5 (245/45/17) Chrome Cobra R's, 17x9 in back(275/40/17)
DOHC sitting in the garage
Teksid 2v plans?!?!
Tranny Cooler, Dual Remote Oil Filter waiting for install
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-07-2005, 10:55 PM
Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to Teal94BirdV8 Send a message via Yahoo to Teal94BirdV8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderBeast86
1.Americans not supporting Domestic Products (hint:WHY JAPANESE CARS, or should I say Go-Karts)
2.Who honestly likes the sound of a ricer muffler? How can you say that sound is better than a 4.6L with True Duals?!
4. 4-Cylinders are a disgrace to cars everywhere....give your cars some REAL power. Why buy a 4 banger?

haha
1: Thats some of the dumbest crap I've heard of. Toyota and Honda plants are on US Soil, you know that, right?

2: Total agreement. lol

3: LOL. No offense, but have you looked in the interior of our cars lately?

4: Because 4 cyls get good gas economy?

94 LX V8 & 93 SC gone. Not forgotten.
1992 Lincoln Mark VII LSC Cobra U/L intake, PP 65mm TB, Powerdyne BD-11 8#, Walbro 255, FRPP 30lb Injectors, MSD ignition, 3.8 Taurus E-fan, A9P MAF conversion, Pypes 1&5/8" Shortys, O/R H-Pipe, 4.10 Trac-Lok, T-5 swap, FRPP flywheel, Ram HDX clutch, Steeda Clutch kit
2002 F150 FX4 Lariat 6" Fabtech, 3" BL, Stock FX4 wheels, 37x12.50 Nitto Trails, Yukon 4.56s, Detroit TrueTrac, Edge Evo, 8K HIDs, PowerStop truck&tow kit
1996 GMC Suburban SLT 6K HIDs, crystal clear light set, daily beater @ 222k miles

post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Raoul Duke

Don't get me wrong,
I like import cars. They are dependable, efficient, and they seem to hold their resale value. What I cannot stand is the trendy aftermarket stuff...
I mean, I see euro lights every single day on a Civic, Integra, etc...
What's the point when it's not custom or unique? I just can't understand how people can be such lemmings.
What's worse is the Cavalier/Sunfire drivers with the obligatory euro tails, clear corners and fart muffler.
The rice thing has been discussed a thousand times, but isn't anybody else surprised that these trends haven't yet gone away?

1996 Mercury Cougar XR7
4.6 - Dynomax-Equipped - Tranny Cooler - 3.27 T/L - 125k Miles
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal94BirdV8
1: Thats some of the dumbest crap I've heard of. Toyota and Honda plants are on US Soil, you know that, right?

2: Total agreement. lol

3: LOL. No offense, but have you looked in the interior of our cars lately?

4: Because 4 cyls get good gas economy?

1.. Who owns them? Who designs them? Are they of American design?

2.yes

3.Have you checked out a Civic vs. Let's say....OUR CARS........Who has more plastic? Why do you think they weigh much less? Our cars are MUCH more solid.

4.Ok, you're supporting 4bangers.........you should have a V-8....real power.

If you like japanese cars......get one, sell your Bird.
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 10:55 AM

Hmm Honda was engineered by the JAPANESE. Even if americans are some of the engineers....it follows japanese styles.
So, if you want to call them American cars........ you'd be sp-ed.
Even if an American company has a plant in Japan....it is considered an AMERICAN product.
What don't you get? Just because some of them are made here.....DOESN'T make them American
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 12:44 PM
Iowa Chapter Director
Uber Luber
TCCoAAC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlWhite97

2.yes

3.Have you checked out a Civic vs. Let's say....OUR CARS........Who has more plastic? Why do you think they weigh much less? Our cars are MUCH more solid.

you're one to talk owning a v6. You know most imports can beat the stock v6 mn12 dont you? How about a turbo 4? Then you're screwed. Imports have some good technology, civics and integras do not make up the entire import crowd, there are some very nice cars out there, such as the vr-4 AWD twin turbo v6, or the domestic dodge srt-4, DSM's, rx7, mx6, etc, etc.

Now its the euro tails and fart cans I do not enjoy. I enjoy nice tasteful tactful modding. If it makes you faster, awesome, if it looks horrible and does nothing, boo. And I absolutely hate the people who add a "cold air intake" and fart can and go street racing, and keep their car that way for the rest of their time owning it. Street racing is stupid, your cars isnt any faster than it was before, and its repetative and retarded.

-Thomas

post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 04:33 AM
Dim Bulb

Send a message via AIM to Falcon5783 Send a message via MSN to Falcon5783 Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon5783
Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlWhite97

2.yes

Dude, you're opening up a whole can of worms you REALLY don't wanna argue. If you feel like burning bridges with about 60% of the members here while you've only got like 7 posts, I say go for it, but you've got a battle ahead of you.

+1

Elliot
'95 who-the-hell-knows-what in progress
2003 Mustang Cobra radiator, 180* T-stat, Hayden Ultra-cool auxiliary transmission cooler, 13" slotted/cross-drilled front rotors, Dual-Piston PBR calipers Powder Coated Red w/ black logo, 17" 7-spoke Chrome Motegis, JVC Arsenal 5000 HU with touch screen, Kappa 5x7's, Audiobahn 12 pushing 550 rms, FF50 driving lights, FF75 fog lights, xenon 95 air dam, 97 side skirts, rear window tbird decal
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 11:01 AM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to NightWind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grims95SC

Common now! It is a "Type R" That car is amazingly powerful. All that wireloming (or whatevertf its called) adds tons of power. You gotta respect a car like this.

DISCLAIMER: I have been known to lie uncontrolably
You'd think he'd at least chrome or powder coat the valve cover. It kind of reminds me of that "mustang" civic on ebay last year

Yeah if i wasn't half a sleep I could write better, but sleep is over rated...?

Last edited by NightWind; 01-09-2005 at 11:11 AM.
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 11:09 AM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to NightWind
Quote:

haha
Your not crazy your thinking like a racer...
Many Japanese cars are more reliable and better on gas, etc etc etc....
I personally can't stand a loud exhaust on my cars any more, too many headache's
Plastic is just that cheap keeping costs low, plus its light and the lighter the car is the more milage you can get out of it , If you used mostly Carbon fiber in lets say an SUV you could get 60mpg.

Yeah if i wasn't half a sleep I could write better, but sleep is over rated...?
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 12:13 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Crystal Send a message via MSN to Crystal Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal
Yeah... turbo 4 cars are sooooooooooooooooooo gay...

Sorry, I had to I do agree with CougarCragar on his points though

(and yes, I do own a V8 as well)
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 12:27 PM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to dstock22
Quote:

haha

I owned a stock Thunderbird with the 4.6 V8, and now I have a "4 banger". It is in no way a disgrace to cars everywhere and I would guarantee it has more "REAL" power than your car. If you don't beleive me, lets take it to the track.

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
=Got Boost?=

-Deceased 1994 Thunderbird LX-
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 12:46 PM
motor city poster

Send a message via AIM to Red96Bird
^ ur car weighs 1/2 as much

oh yea.... uhh turbo
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 01:42 PM
Iowa Chapter Director
Uber Luber
TCCoAAC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red96Bird
^ ur car weighs 1/2 as much

oh yea.... uhh turbo

And your point is? Does that ease your mind when it beats you? How many cars do you know of that can spend 1 grand and run 12's?

post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-09-2005, 03:22 PM
PostWhore

For daily drivers,(which is what most of them are) the four bangers are fine. People just use them to get to and from work to the store etc. Hell i used to own a four cylinder Ranger when I was in high school and loved the thing, when you dont have alot for gas you appreciate it. Same reason I bought the 6 cylinder cougar now that im in college money is tight and I cant afford the gas for a V-8. When it comes to the dime a dozen civics integras and s**tfires with the stick on scoops fart cans and thse crappy euro tail lights then I cant stand them. Especially when they think all that crap makes their car the hottest thing on the street.

I definately think a V-8 is way better than a four banger I dont care how many shiney chrome and colored parts are on them. I spent alot of time on the transplanted 351 that was in the Grand Marquis I used to own, man talk about a sleeper, dont know how many ricers I left in the dust of that land yact. And all that was for under 1000 car included. Ive seen people drop many times that in pointless mods on imports
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 11:45 AM
PostWhore

Thank you guys. Yeah some 4-bangers are probably cool. A turbo 4-banger......
Ok vs a TURBO V-8..... Straight up 4banger vs a V-8 is a comparison. Not a TURBO 4banger. I never said 4bangers were GAY....I just love the sound a V-8 can make. And for racing....I would never choose a V-6 or 4banger....I don't care how heavy my car is, I would ALWAYS use American Muscle.
The 'import' cars are ok for daily drivers....if it's a money situation, but in my opinion- I will always stick to my American companies. It's something I have grown up with. My sis. has a Civic.....sure it gets good gas milage, but it's SLOW....like 117 horses..... and everything feels so cheap! $14,000 sticker price on a BASE model.....is that really worth it? Her 4banger has to work 5 times harder than my engine to go half the speed.....you can't tell me that's good on the engine.

Think about safety....if she got hit by a F-150, she has a very good chance of dying. If my car got hit by a F-150....in the same set up....I have a lot more weight, and my car is much more solid, bigger crunch zone.....I would not die.

You can bring your turbo 4bangers to the track....but go against a turbo V8......you can say 'Bye'

It all depends on how much money you spend....we could argue all day about how you can make your 4banger faster than a Viper.....OK, but if someone invested the same money into a viper...you're done for!

2.25" True Dual Catless DI/DO Magnaflow Exhaust, Eibach Springs, Addco 1 3/8", J-mod, Viper 791 Alarm, Clarion 855 full color touch-screen, Directed 2400 amp , 2 12" CV Strokers with a custom ported box, K&N air filter, 180* T-Stat, Xcal2 SCT TUNED BY LONNIE 17 x 7.5 (245/45/17) Chrome Cobra R's, 17x9 in back(275/40/17)
Teksid 2v plans?!?!
post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 11:57 AM
PostWhore

They are ok for that purpose but there will never be any import in my driveway no matter how expensive gas gets it will always be American.
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 12:06 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas
And your point is? Does that ease your mind when it beats you? How many cars do you know of that can spend 1 grand and run 12's?

Weight is just as important as power
If your car went against a Ferrari....you would say "well, it did have 550hp, and a v-12"
You wouldn't say "well, it was a fair race- good comparison."

my 2 cents

Teksid 2v plans?!?!
post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Johnny Five is Alive
TCCoAAC Member

Send a message via AIM to WkStill Send a message via Yahoo to WkStill
Other than the "Tail lights" and "Rims" I don't think its that bad.

1984 Merc Cougar
5.0L, GT40X HEADS, E303 CAM,X303 Valvetrain
1998 4R70W Controlled by Baumannator TCS., 3.73 Track Lock Rear., Bauman Lev 3 Shift Kit.
190LPH, 67mm EGR, 65mm TB, 73mm C&L MAF, 24lb/h Inj, TwEECer RT, A3M EEC-IV
TCCoA-AHole Crew 2004
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own. They are not meant to start a flame war or discourage people. Just my honest opinion and nothing more
Just great, 4 mores years of GOP crap, Im republican, and I endorse this message
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 02:05 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue LS
but there will never be any import in my driveway no matter how expensive gas gets it will always be American.

Amen.

I'm not the only one

Teksid 2v plans?!?!
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 02:47 PM
3rd Gear Poster

Quote:
Amen.

I'm not the only one
Maybe but I won't be trading in my 50mpg Golf TDI anytime soon for a Focus or something. Only if it had another 50hp, that would be much more fun.

Stronger than never ever before

2.5'' -> 3'' -> 2.5'' Exhaust, MAC Intake, Iridium plugs, 8.5mm plug wires, 76mm MAF, 2.5'' cats, 5% aluminum OD pulley, UD pulleys, lightweight jackshaft pulley, ported supercharger and raised top, front and rear poly bushings
For now...
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 03:36 PM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to dstock22
Quote:
It all depends on how much money you spend....we could argue all day about how you can make your 4banger faster than a Viper.....OK, but if someone invested the same money into a viper...you're done for!
I could invest way less than the price of a used stock Viper into my car and still smoke it, so really that makes no sense.

Quote:
I will always stick to my American companies.
Daimler Chrysler is American...

But I do agree with you in one area, and thats the safety issue. I was in a head-on collision in my MN-12 (not my fault) and walked away without a scratch. Given the same situation in my Talon, I'd surely have died been seriously injured. For the time being, money is tight and I'll take my chances.

No offense or anything of that nature is what I'm implying in anything I say. I just thought that your comment about "4-bangers" being a disgrace to all cars was pretty unjustified. I love a V8 and/or "American Muscle" just as much as the next guy, but a "4-banger" is just fine as long as it isn't riced to all hell with a primerd body kit, huge wing, big *** muffler, and NAWSSSSSSSS!!!!111!1!one. No more ranting from me, my 2 cents are in.

Dylan

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
=Got Boost?=

-Deceased 1994 Thunderbird LX-
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 04:10 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstock22
I could invest way less than the price of a used stock Viper into my car and still smoke it, so really that makes no sense.

Maybe you read what I said wrong....Let's just say...you buy a Viper for $30,000.... and you spend $15,000 on your 4banger to make it faster than the viper.....invest the SAME amount ($15,000) into a viper, and you're done for.
I'm saying.....it's all about how much money you have....you can invest as much as you want into a 4banger, but if you take THAT same amount of money and invest it into the Viper, the Viper WILL be faster.

Compare ONLY stock to stock...
not modified to stock... it's an unfair comparison.

I would take Dodge over a Honda.....

Teksid 2v plans?!?!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in