East coast to West coast - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 02:54 AM Thread Starter
Resident 40th Anniversary Expert

Send a message via AIM to Shawn40th
East coast to West coast

Well I am getting ready for my cross country trip in the bird. Most of the trip will consist of I40 straight across. I leave here in Rochester NY on Sunday. I go to my grandmothers in NJ that night.

Then Monday I will be heading to DC where I will meet up with a couple friends for lunch and pick up a friend that is taking the rest of the trip with me. Then we continue Monday for a little bit and stop for the night. We should be on I40 by that night.

Then Tuesday we will be at Memphis. My friend wants to stop there for something so that's where I'll be Tuesday night.

Wednesday I am planning on getting to Oklahoma City for that night.

Then Albuquerque, New Mexico Thursday night.

Then from there we should arrive to my place in LA friday night.

I have never done a trip this long before. Been down to Floriday from NY a couple of times. That was kinda fun. I can't wait to get out there. So if anyone sees a green 40th tbird sometime according to the dates and locations above, it might be me. I have a TCCoA sticker on on of my quater windows too.

I had my bird checked out and everything is ready to go for the long trip. So after tomorrow afternoon I might not be on the boards or online until Monday the 17th when they come to install internet in my apartment out there. But within a couple weeks after the trip I want to make a little website about it and post it so people can see the bird taking its great voyage. I'm going to try and take it easy with the trip and stop at anything that interest us along the way.

So I will be back in a week. See ya'll later!

-Shawn

"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people."

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII, LSC - Green/Tan Leather, Sunroof, etc. FOR SALE. Inquire within.

Current car: 1999 Corvette

The 40th Anniversary Tbird is gone. Her old website & CarDomain page

Senior Member of the 'B-Team'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 03:03 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to cougarfan Send a message via Yahoo to cougarfan
hey Shawn i hope you have a great trip and watch out for all the idoits on there on the road way i look foward to seeing the pictures from your trip

brakes we dont need no stinking brakes just stand on the gas
my car domain site
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/535118
myspace page
http://www.myspace.com/caffine231
when life hands you lemons ... ask for Tequila and salt and call me over!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 03:25 AM
Dim Bulb

Send a message via AIM to Falcon5783 Send a message via MSN to Falcon5783 Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon5783
Awesome, sounds like fun man, hope you have a good safe trip! have a blast!!

+1

Elliot
'95 who-the-hell-knows-what in progress
2003 Mustang Cobra radiator, 180* T-stat, Hayden Ultra-cool auxiliary transmission cooler, 13" slotted/cross-drilled front rotors, Dual-Piston PBR calipers Powder Coated Red w/ black logo, 17" 7-spoke Chrome Motegis, JVC Arsenal 5000 HU with touch screen, Kappa 5x7's, Audiobahn 12 pushing 550 rms, FF50 driving lights, FF75 fog lights, xenon 95 air dam, 97 side skirts, rear window tbird decal
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 03:37 AM
Braincoating! It's what all the cool kids have!

Administrator

Now that is a road trip! Take lots of pictures! Have fun! I would warn you about bad drivers but I think they are all here in florida at the moment.

www.BRAINCOATING.com..... Powder & Ceramic Coating

WWW.PRESTONSBOOKS.BIZ..... Books at really great prices!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 07:38 AM
Sweet T

Send a message via AIM to SanDiegoLXBird
Hopefully you'll be in LA in time for one of the meets that's coming up. Be nice to have another active TCCoAer in the area. Safe journeys.

Mike
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 10:51 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Tx_Cat Send a message via MSN to Tx_Cat Send a message via Yahoo to Tx_Cat
Hey man, since you're going to Alburquerque, drive another 4 hrs and head to El Paso, and we'll go to eat lunch or something jk man!!! I hope you have a good and safe trip bro. Take care while you drive out there..

Israel

PhotobucketNitrous and boost go together like peanut butter and jellyPhotobucket

Nuttin make you feel more like a man in a Thunder Cougar Falcon Bird

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoLXBird
Hopefully you'll be in LA in time for one of the meets that's coming up. Be nice to have another active TCCoAer in the area. Safe journeys.

Mike
the one in Palm Springs, I'll be there. Can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx_Cat
Hey man, since you're going to Alburquerque, drive another 4 hrs and head to El Paso, and we'll go to eat lunch or something jk man!!! I hope you have a good and safe trip bro. Take care while you drive out there..

Israel
I wanted to actually check places like that out but I do have to get there eventually. Maybe on a trip back someday.

Thanks for the kind words.
-Shawn
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 11:23 AM
Birdless

Send a message via AIM to Grasshopper Send a message via Yahoo to Grasshopper
I live about 7 miles south of I-40. We should hook up for dinner or somthing if you don't get in too late...PM me if you're interested.

A man may smile and bid you hail
Yet wish you to the devil;
But when a good dog wags his tail,
You know he's on the level.
--author unknown
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper
I live about 7 miles south of I-40. We should hook up for dinner or somthing if you don't get in too late...PM me if you're interested.
I don't want to plan too much. We might just keep driving or stop earlier depending on how its going each day.

Thanks though.

"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people."

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII, LSC - Green/Tan Leather, Sunroof, etc. FOR SALE. Inquire within.

Current car: 1999 Corvette

The 40th Anniversary Tbird is gone. Her old website & CarDomain page

Senior Member of the 'B-Team'.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-08-2005, 12:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to JustinH
Set up a blog dude. I know you have a computer and a digi cam.

nice partying with you, i'm still recovering.

JH
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 03:34 PM
5th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to 92blackbird
Be safe, see you when you get here. You have my cell #, so call if you need anything.

Birdless now
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

well I made it here safely. It was a awesome trip. I had a blast. The drive was real nice and beautiful. I would do it again in a heart beat. Some interesting sites along the way but mostly just the open road. I got pics and will post in a few days.

Justin, you have to come and visit sometime. You will love it. I gotcha covered on a place to stay. My place rocks. I am just loving being out here. Oh yeah, Justin, hows that foot of snow? It was 80-85 degrees yesterday

Can't wait to meet up with the local crew here. I already need to find a decent exhaust shop in my area, I got a bad exhaut leake that started after something hit going over a damn speed bump today.

see ya all,
-Shawn
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 04:13 AM

Send a message via AIM to JustinH
Awesome, thanks for the invite. I'm glad you made it there in one piece. I'm checking out the weather forcast for the LA area today.

Abundant sunshine. High 86F. Winds light and variable. Winds 15-25 mph in and below canyons and passes.

Sounds good to me dude.

Talk to you soon.

JH
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 05:10 PM
cookie-cutter hotrod

Send a message via AIM to SC_Steve
good to hear man... enjoy the weather too, it f'n SUCKS here, shawn

-Steveo

2001 Mustang GT ~ The Cookie-Cutter Hotrod
It's stock... no, seriously... it is
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-19-2005, 05:25 PM
PostWhore

Just be careful in TN... My Fiancee and I where going from her college to my father's in MO (Where I live now), and a young Sgt on a power trip pulled us over (she was driving) and gave her a ticket for 55 in a 45, when she was going no faster than 49-50. We both feel he saw the NY plate and figured it would be an easy kill. Very often, cops will let you off when they see you're a firefighter (I got off for 69 in a 45 in NY ), but he didn't care. I hate cops that abuse their power...

'95 Cougar - 2002 Explorer engine, 2004 Mustang PTP2 PCM

Best times:
PI 4.6L 95 XR7 Cougar: [email protected]
2004.5 Silverado Crew Cab/Long Bed/4x4 6.6L Duramax: [email protected] (Weighing in at over 7200#) on 10/19/2007
Dyno - 446.4RWHP/820.2RWTq on 6/13/2008
Pulling - 300.9' 3rd place finish 8/2011
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar281
Just be careful in TN......

Yeah, We were tailed for a short time but then the cop went ahead and nabbed a real speeder instead of use that he saw doing 6 above the limit. Also a friend of mine was driving and she usually gets off tickets anyways,

There was one point where she was driving and there was a truck next to us. We passed a cop while we were passing the truck. This was in TN. The cop saw we were speeding but I think he couldnt get a reading on us because of the truck or something. So he just pointed at us and stayed right where he was. Kinda wierd but we passed the truck and then slowed down for a while. Memphis was awesome though in TN and there were actually lots of nice people and cops. We happen to hit the city when there was a ball game ending or something so that traffic was some of the worse I had ever seen and all we wanted to do was relax with some dinner and a drink.

-S

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in