Bought an 01 Sport Trac - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Bought an 01 Sport Trac

Well, I bought a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac, as the title says. As much as I loved the T-Bird, I really, really wanted a 4x4 truck I could redneck out. I actually still have the Bird, if anybody's looking for a 95 LX V8, but that's a discussion for the For Sale forum. Anyway, I wanted to stick with Ford (of course), wanted a 4x4 with at least a V6, at least an extended cab, 2001 or later, under 50k miles and under $16k. Well, up in Seattle, I came across a 2001 4x4 Sport Trac, with 43k miles for $16k. Blue book was almost $19k. I have to say I'm very happy with it so far. It has the 4.0L SOHC V6, and a 4.10 rear diff. Sad to say it almost feels faster than the Bird, and has about the same gas mileage. It came with a factory bed extender to add an extra 2' to the bed, a bed liner, running boards, and 6 disc CD changer. I looked at Ford Ranger's as well, but that back seat is absolutly useless and the amount of time that i'm carrying people, or stuff I want inside, the Sport Trac made more sense. F-150s as much as I want one were a little out of my price range for what I wanted.

The Bird is sold... Now it's just my Ford Explorer Sport Trac.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 01:00 AM
Full Metal

Send a message via AIM to RedThunder94 Send a message via Yahoo to RedThunder94
well, at least it's a ford, good luck with it, man, later'z......

Smash Forehead on Keyboard to Continue....

2004 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
Pioneer DEH-P6000UB Infinity 2 way 6x8's, and Eclipse 5x7 3 ways, Fultron Tweets, Infinity 1211A, Alpine SWR-1222D Type-R 12.

1999 VW New Beetle SOLD!

1990 F150 Lariat Xlt 4.9L std cab longbed, E4OD, Work Truck.

1994 F150 XL 5.0L 4R70W Current Project.

Member of the MN12Online posse.

click here to check 'em out.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 11:07 AM
MAMN12 Posse Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCanadian
Sad to say it almost feels faster than the Bird, and has about the same gas mileage.
Weird...maybe it's just me though...my dad's 03' feels no where near as fast as the Bird does. They're pretty nice though, I think my dad's has every option...they're pretty loaded.

~Jeff

*signed off
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 01:12 PM
13's or Mildly Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCanadian
I looked at Ford Ranger's as well, but that back seat is absolutly useless and the amount of time that i'm carrying people, or stuff I want inside, the Sport Trac made more sense. F-150s as much as I want one were a little out of my price range for what I wanted.
I know what your saying - I've got an 01 Ranger and sometimes wish I had gotten a Sport Trac so I could actually use the backseat. Since I'm single and most of the time, only have one person that rides with me - having a useful backseat wasn't high on my priority list. The 4.0L SOHC is nice with the 4.10's. When I was still N/A, it did feel faster - but with the low end torque of the SC, it doesn't feel faster anymore

-Andy "Melon"

1994 Thunderbird SC 3.8L Supercharged
1999 Crown Victoria P71 4.6
2000 Explorer 5.0

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in