Working and Eating......... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 92five0bird Send a message via Yahoo to 92five0bird
Working and Eating.........

Well, My job doesnt let us leave work unless there is another person here. {Hotel Work} Which when working 8-9 hour shifts this proposes problems, I cant eat food. Well recently my only choices were Pizza or Chineese because they are the only ones who deliver...........

Well the WONDERFUL folks from Ruby Tuesdays calls and informs me they will now be delivering to all the local hotels {which are all within walking distance from the 4 surrounding hotels but still a nice bonus} and as a bonus for refering people to get delivery from them, we get one free meal a month...........which IM ABOUT TO EAT ANY MOMENT IT ARRIVES..........

So how many people if they cant leave work and delievery is their only option for dinner or lunch or whatever,what do you guys get and from WHO???? {Supposing you dont bring your lunch EVERY day}

"Its better to be stroked than blown, but its best to be stroked and blown"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 07:05 PM
Back in Black

Administrator

My last job I could leave but had to carry the "bat phone" with me. It was graveyard shift so the only place open was Waffle House so I didn't leave very often. I do note that every single time I ordered a pizza I would have a server go down just after I got the pizza to my desk. If I brought my lunch nothing would break the entire night... Go figure.

Oh and when the power company sold us to the capital company that owns Dominos we enquired about free pizza's.. they told us no.

R.I.P. Joel Bender 07/30/79 - 03/26/06
R.I.P. Johnny Langton 1975-2011

1997 Thunderbird LX 4.6 AED 349.27RWHP/391.29RWTQ Engine Build Exterior shots
2002 Thunderbird Premium Triple Black 3.9
2015 Fusion Energi SE Luxury Magnetic Gray
*SCRAPPED* 1994 LX 4.6 NA [email protected] 236.07RWHP/286.26RWTQ
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDragon
Oh and when the power company sold us to the capital company that owns Dominos we enquired about free pizza's.. they told us no.

Jerks..........

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 08:03 PM

I work at mcdonalds, so I would get sick and die if I ate at work
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Yea, after you work at a place that serves food, you can never eat there again. I know what you mean. and esp if you currently work there.

Chris

post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 08:57 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to Tim Groth Send a message via Yahoo to Tim Groth
I too am in the Hotel Swing too...

I don't know what scale hotel you work at, but currently I work at a Mainstay Suites so the cliental here usually will throw ya some FREE FOOD which isn't to bad of a deal...if you can trust it. It's nice to have guests with $50 exp. for dinner and nothing or no one to spend it all on.

Anyways...I was once in the same boat though, pizza or food from China Wok the only Chineese Resturant out of 100 that deliver in this city After a while you do get burned out like your meaning...but I guess that's what we get for having a "Cake Job". Sounds like the hotel you work at is pretty strict... I mean when its slow here we order pizza and watch TV...and I guess surf the web too.

Regardless stick with the hotel industry, its fun and easy to grasp. In just over 2 years I've worked my way from the bottom to the top w/o any previous experience so it can be done.

Have any cool guests stories you could tell? I have one regular that always throws the keys of his Boxster at me and tells me to bring it back whenever I want... Yes its a good life. I love cruisin with the top down listen to ole Blue Eyes.

-Tim
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Well, actually in the seven years I have worked for the management company Ive worked at 5 of our 10 hotels ranging from Holiday full service to Express, and a Hampton Inn & Suites, We are building my 100 room Hampton right now that will be my home here as soon as Igraduate, should be open by 2006. It is easy,but when you are the only one in the building you cant leave.....and that sucks, and since im the A GM, well I sit in the office and postwhore on here most tof the night........

Yes, usually people bring me some good stuff too, like when you send em to a good place to eat then they come back with something for you from there for recomending them to the place.........That is how I usually eat, there is a guy who comes in every Tuesday and Thursday and brings me a 6inch sub from Subway when he goes there so thats cool.

Um best story I can think of is..... This past summer when I had a 6 women/girl bachelorette party. They were pregaming it in one of our rooms then headin out and getting smashed..........WELL they needed a cork screw and scissors. So I took it up to them, and they were bout plowed when I got up there and they were like.........."Hey shes the bride but the rest of us arent.......come on in, we'll TIP" Im like Uhhhhhh {everything inside me says YES, but I like my job so I didnt}

They all come down all dolled up to go out to the bars on their way down they pass the desk like "HEEEEEEEEEEY, whats up, we'll see YOU later" ok good times drunk girls.

They come back at like........10:30 and I was off at 12. They come back in carrying one of the girls, and are like can we swim????? i said yes but they never came down. Then they called me about 15 min later and said, why dont you come up and get your corkscrew and scissors back from us????? I said SUUUUUUUUUUUUUURE. When the one girl answered the door, she was topless and im like UUUUUUHHHHHhhh, she goes Oh yea let me ge that stuff for you, another girl swings the door wide open walks up and bends over in front of me and askes if I like her thong..............funny thing was when she pulled her pants down she didnt have any thong ON....... Yea, so then the topless girl comes back and gives me the stuff and says can we swim like this?????? I said sure come on down, I dont care.

Im glad I like my job had I hated it and wanted to get fired, OH man....... lol Good times tho.

Chris

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 08:39 AM
CEO Red Sox Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92five0bird
So how many people if they cant leave work and delievery is their only option for dinner or lunch or whatever,what do you guys get and from WHO???? {Supposing you dont bring your lunch EVERY day}

I cannot leave my office, never mind the building. On the weekends, like today I have to be in work for 630 am, so I hit up Denny's before work. If i work a double, 16 hours, I cannot eat more than that 1 meal in the morning.

Since I work in a DoD secure facility, no one can deliver, ever! Can't even get in the gates.

Denny's opening at 6am is a life saver on the weekends

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Package with Navigation

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 10:29 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

D oyou usually bring your lunch/ dinner whatever in then??

Its hard for me to bring stuff in on the weekdays, b/c I get up at 7 and go to school from 8-2:30 and have to be at work by 3, sometimes I pick somthing up from Wendys or somthing, but you can only eat so much of that Shiat. So anything I bring must be frozen solid so by the time Iget to work it doesnt spoil on me. Weekends I bring in whatever I can find around the house.

Chris

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 10:35 AM
CEO Red Sox Nation

No, I usually drink madd soda/water and eat when I get outta work.

Dave

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 12:13 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ben_cline Send a message via MSN to ben_cline Send a message via Yahoo to ben_cline
I comercially mowed lawns this past summer. I had to be at work at 8, which usually meant I got there about 8:15-8:30. Rainy days rocked! (No work if it's more than sprinkling or if the grass was wet.) So I almost never had time to eat breakfast, or pack a lunch. I had lunch about every second or third day I worked, if my mom didn't pack one for me. So there were quite a few days that all I had was water to drink, and nothing else until 5. Good for loosing weight, though, but a couple times my sugar got low and I felt like passing out. But it was good money. $7 an hour, almost 40 hours per week, minus time I was late, it rained, or just couldn't mow. So I ended up getting about $300 a week. I miss those paychecks... Now I get around $150 every two weeks.

Benjamin' 07/30/82 Christian MySpace CarDomain
Celica and Chevy 1500 are sold for parts. Now I'm left with the broken Buick and my '98 Dakota.
Bedroom: Pioneer VSX23, DefTech BP6s (front) ProCenter 2000, Mirage Omni 350s, 10" Kicker L7 pushed by PExpress plate amp, XBox 360, PS3, 50" LG 3D plasma.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 01:18 AM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcBrideBoston

Denny's opening at 6am is a life saver on the weekends
Not open 24 hours? Around here we have about 6 restaurants open all night.

Some supercharged cars blow.......Others just pick up and move.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 01:40 AM
CEO Red Sox Nation

Around where I live there are 4 or 5 open all night, but where I work is in the sticks on an AFB so there's really nothing around. Everything closes at 10pm and opens at 6 or 7am.

Sucks

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 02:49 AM
Banned

hmmmmmmm...i wonder what i do?..

*works at restaraunt*.*dad is head chef*..*mom is general manager down the street at a different restaruant*..

YOU WONDER WHY IM OVERWEIGHT?...lol

im a server at a restaraunt and we can make anything we want but got to catagorize it if we want..i had fish tacos with french fries..i jus charged for fish and chips...stuff like that..and of course the regular menu..mmmmmm..i got big mike hungry long back..he wanted a bud light with our monte cristo sammich..yummmmm

for mouth watering online menu..gus for a quick glance go to www.millies.com
YUMMMMmmMm!!

-Mike
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-17-2005, 06:43 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchop2oo2
hmmmmmmm...i wonder what i do?..

*works at restaraunt*.*dad is head chef*..*mom is general manager down the street at a different restaruant*..

YOU WONDER WHY IM OVERWEIGHT?...lol

im a server at a restaraunt and we can make anything we want but got to catagorize it if we want..i had fish tacos with french fries..i jus charged for fish and chips...stuff like that..and of course the regular menu..mmmmmm..i got big mike hungry long back..he wanted a bud light with our monte cristo sammich..yummmmm

for mouth watering online menu..gus for a quick glance go to www.millies.com
YUMMMMmmMm!!

-Mike

YEA YEA YEA, You dont count if you work at a testaraunt..................... lol

When I work at the full service Holiday Inn we own, I can get anything off the Menu for 75% off. Or if it is buffet night Sat and Sunday mornings, breakfast, tuesday night Italian night, weds senior buffet night, THEN fridays are all you can eat Prime Rib and Crab legs........we can eat anything off the buffets when they are over, friday nights are hard to get anything cuz everyone in the building knows to get down there, and if your busy at the desk and cant get away, you might as well be ready for just the salad...........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in