pepboys is dumb to - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 03:09 AM Thread Starter
**** nuts

Send a message via AIM to ITHURTZ
pepboys is dumb to

My dad and I went to pepboys to get the front tires mounted on his Cragar rims. THey said they should be done in 30min. We walk around a bit and come back and the guy says it wont fit and the rim is to big.. 15x8" rim for the fronts the tire was suggested for 6.5-8" rims. So they just put the tires on the rims and charge us 20$ for mounting. The guy had gobs of that glue on the tire and had no clue how to do it. So my dad took it and looked it up in the suburban and went to a gas station. After bout 10min of figuring out the first tire, we got it to seal. 2 guys and a air pump. 2nd tire took 30seconds to seal once we had it down. Went back to pepboys to get them balanced. One guy said that it couldnt be done because they had such a big offset/ backspacing (which ever gives them the deep dish look), and they werent sure if you could put the stick on weights on the inside. Gave it to another guy and he balanced them with no questions asked like we wanted to. The guy saw us again and I pointed to the tire and he didnt understand how we did it..

1 for the humans 0 for the machines!!!

We got 15x10 rims next, they are gonna cry when they see us there again. Tires measure 12" Wide
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 03:33 AM
Banned

it sucks that there are soo many people that give pepboys a bad name..they think they know everything especially the young ones..yea yea yea i got a degree and im certified bla bla bla..shhhh!!..lemme talk to the guy who doesnt have a degree that has been doing this for 20+ years..

just like when i got 245/60/15 tires..those are wide tires for a stock rim

they told me that it would be too wide..15x6.5 rim..i looked it up and it fit..well the experience guy put it on in less than 20 minutes for all 4 tires..even let me keep the old good tires...2 were bad and 2 were iffy okay so i kept it dunno why..but still..

just like cops..some give the department a bad name..ESPECIALLY when you and your friend are flipped upside down in a celica in the mountain roads and your stuck and wait 4.5 hours for A COP to show up..dam pigs..i swear i called them like 5 times..anyways..

-Mike
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 03:39 AM
Sweet T

Send a message via AIM to SanDiegoLXBird
Pepboys I worked at had their **** down. We averaged 40 minutes for replacement of 4 tires. Mounted, balanced and reinstalled.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 03:46 AM
Banned

well this guy took 20 minutes....^_^

not bad for an old timer..

-Mike
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 04:11 AM
Sweet T

Send a message via AIM to SanDiegoLXBird
Read the post. 4 tires. We have to dismount them too, yanno. 10 minutes per tire is flying.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-14-2005, 04:16 AM
Banned

well someone was helping him also...i should of added that also huh

but like i said...20 minutes for 4 tires!!..BEAT THAT MIKE!!..MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAH AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.... k im bored

-Mike

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in