My Search for a Mate… - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94 Daily Driven 4.6L
Unhappy My Search for a Mate…

Well if this isn’t the most depressing thing that I can possibly think of!!

I just spent the time to sign up and create a profile (and it takes a while to create the profile) on eHarmony, which from what I’ve read is the best “online dating” place to find a mate. And I'm all excited, knowing that somewhere in the US there is someone that has the same interestes/outlooks as I do.

Well I knew I was weird, but damn, NOT A SINGLE MATCH FOR ME IN THE WHOLE USA!!!!

Talk about that just sucking beyond all belief!!

Should I just shoot myself now…

97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (Chip'd, 3.73 T/L... so far... )
97 Ford Aspire (Slow, but getting 36 mpg (f'n Ethenol!! )
84 F250 Dually w/6.9L Diesel (7.3L IDI pending)
73 Mercury Cougar Convertible w/351C 4V (Partially Restored)
69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
76 Glastron Carlson 23' Jet Boat w/460 CJ Engine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 10:47 AM
Anything But Typical

Send a message via AIM to BambiRambino47
There is someone for you somewhere in the U.S. She just isn't using eHarmony! Sooooo.... get your a** off the computer, go have fun, and you're gonna come across her!

--Molly
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 11:26 AM
PostWhore

Stop looking so hard. They tend to fall in your lap when you give up. That's what happened to me (my fiancee also). We basically had both given up on finding anyone, then we (re)met in June of 2000 (we knew of each other in high school, but went to different schools), sparks flew... We'll be getting married in July.

'95 Cougar - 2002 Explorer engine, 2004 Mustang PTP2 PCM

Best times:
PI 4.6L 95 XR7 Cougar: [email protected]
2004.5 Silverado Crew Cab/Long Bed/4x4 6.6L Duramax: [email protected] (Weighing in at over 7200#) on 10/19/2007
Dyno - 446.4RWHP/820.2RWTq on 6/13/2008
Pulling - 300.9' 3rd place finish 8/2011
post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 11:39 AM

Send a message via AIM to lady cougar Send a message via MSN to lady cougar Send a message via Yahoo to lady cougar
try american single.com and yahoo peronals...all that kind of thing...don't give up...i know there is someone out there for you...but also go out and look not just on here...not everybody looks online..
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 11:57 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Crystal Send a message via MSN to Crystal Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal
Ah, you're not that crazy, just give it time
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 12:33 PM
Awaiting E-Mail Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar281
Stop looking so hard. They tend to fall in your lap when you give up...
Don't believe it. I gave up years ago. Still alone.
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 12:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to JustinH
I'm with the "fall in your lap comment".

At the most unexpected moment you might just meet someone special, you won't think its going to turn into a real relationship until it does.

No need to be negative or down in the dumps, there are so many girls out there its insane.

JH
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 12:41 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 96bird
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman_72
Don't believe it. I gave up years ago. Still alone.
I agree.

94DD,

I don't know what to tell you. Sucks about what happened with the last one. Where are you going to try and find women? Library, coffee shop, local college, AA meeting? Anyway just keep pluggin' away being friendly and going on with your own thing and I think you will find one.

Russ

JL's chassis braces, ST springs w/ 1 coil cut in rear (27.2" F 28" R), Airlift airbags (5 psi), Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes F & R, ROH RT 17x9s, 255/285s Khumo Ecsta MX tires, 2.5" dual exhaust w/borla mufflers, 1 3/8 f & r bars, remote filter,subframe buildup, Al differential bushings, J-modded '02 tranny, 9.5" DD stall, 30K Hayden cooler, PI intake, 02 GT MAF, XCal 2

Want to talk/hangout with MN12 owners from GA? Go here.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 12:43 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 96bird
Maybe you need to look on a Russian brides website.....I know they would be eager to meet your accomadation. You know I am just messin' with you.

JL's chassis braces, ST springs w/ 1 coil cut in rear (27.2" F 28" R), Airlift airbags (5 psi), Bilstein shocks, Cobra brakes F & R, ROH RT 17x9s, 255/285s Khumo Ecsta MX tires, 2.5" dual exhaust w/borla mufflers, 1 3/8 f & r bars, remote filter,subframe buildup, Al differential bushings, J-modded '02 tranny, 9.5" DD stall, 30K Hayden cooler, PI intake, 02 GT MAF, XCal 2

Want to talk/hangout with MN12 owners from GA? Go here.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Thanks for all the encouragement guys and gals!

I think a few major "drawbacks" that I have in the "meeting girls" department is that

1. I work in a computer room and only deal with people on the phone. i.e. I never meet anybody through my job. And there are a whopping 15 other PEOPLE in our whole building!!!

2. I'm not a religious person, so when someone tells me to go to church to meet someone, I just can't do that since I don't think that's really the right reason to go to church. And I live in the buckle of the Bible belt.

3. I’m not into the whole bar scene or going out partying. Been there done that, have the dead brain cells to prove it… I think…

4. People get married down here in AL at a VERY young age (or so it seems). So unless I want to start hanging out at high school football games looking for a date, the women are either married or have some major “baggage”.

96Bird: YOU HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT THE LATEST ON THAT FIASCO!!! And yeah, she was someone that just fell in my lap!!!

Russian wives... Sorry, but I really like my security clearance as it is... I'd rather not have to brief my security manager on my new "woman from Russia”... (I've been doing a lot of that lately anyway with the latest one!! )

69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94 Daily Driven 4.6L
2. I'm not a religious person, so when someone tells me to go to church to meet someone, I just can't do that since I don't think that's really the right reason to go to church. And I live in the buckle of the Bible belt.

If you have no problem with going to church other than that, then just be upfront about it. Tell anyone who asks that you are just there to meet some nice people.

Most churches have other functions and activities than just the worship service. Try bible studies, pot lucks, weekend events, outings, etc.

If you know ANYBODY that goes to the church, just ask them about things to do, any church worth attending will be more than happy to have new people, even if you are just 'visiting'.

:
The statements in this post are my opinions only.
If you have a problem with them, please PM me
and keep the boards clear of flame wars.

:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 01:42 PM
PostWhore

Maybe do some volunteer work? Lots of nurses at hospitals, teachers at schools... etc. Unless I miss my guess you wouldn't consider that a waste of your time even if you didn't meet someone.

Or get you a kiosk in the mall selling cheap jewelry.
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 03:23 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

2 words advice , stop looking , dont give them the damn 40 bucks for that. i wasnt impressed iwth eharmony either . too many questions and they pick people for you . i never liked the ones they picked for me. so i dont use it. . i have bad luck doingi dating and have been having more girls jsut appear latley .

64 ford galaxie -FE powered beast!- sleeping giant
69 cougar standard- 347/c6 -efi restomod, heidts prog 4 link heavily modified front, custom strutrods boxed lowers rollerperches 620 lowering springs! meier shock tower brace
96 f150 supercab lifted beast! 351 powered beast
87 shasta roadmaster 29ft travel trailer- pimpdaddy camping!
mn12 less!
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 03:32 PM
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to DHightower Send a message via Yahoo to DHightower
Just to throw my .02 in here....I got dumped recently....and I was depressed as hell about it, and was not looking to meet anyone, since I wasn't looking, I've met at least 6 girls this week, had two of them all over me, wanting more....kinda crazy, just let it happen. They'll come to you.

In the Past:
95 T-Bird 4.6 "The Green Goblin"
91 Cougar XR7

Current:
97 T-Bird 4.6 V8
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 03:36 PM
Jedi Master

if you haven't already...take a vacation somewhere not near where you live where the vibe is different, go out and you're bound to meet someone.

-Orlando

friends don't let friends drive Chevy
post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 03:43 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Traveler
Well 94DD, I am 42 and single. Well not married, I have a wonderful girlfriend that I met through yahoo personals. My roommate tried EHarmony and i wasn't impressed with it for the reasons listed above. I noticed that one of the difficulties you mentioned was "baggage". I'm not sure what you consider to be "baggage", but you have to accept the fact that at our age most single women weren't always single and are going to have kids, ex's, etc. My girlfriend has a 12 year old girl from a previous marriage, but she and I are the best of friends now. Anyway, good luck on your search and if you need some tips on the use of Match.com and Yahoo Personals (My two favorites prior to meeting Noretta) just PM me. Its always good to see someone on here who remembers the 80's instead of being born in them!

1997 Thunderbird Sport
Low Miles
Wifes Car
destined to remain stock

1997 T-Bird GT 4.6
80 MM Mustang GT MAF - P&P'd Mustang GT TB and Intake Plenum - PI Intake manifold - PI Heads
Mark VIII Torque Converter - J-Modded 4R70W transmission - Mark VIII Aluminum Driveshaft - 3.73 gears
PBR Brake Calipers - Eibach Springs - KYB Shocks
'89 SuperCoupe front and rear sway bars
SCT Chip programmed by Lonnie Doll
255/50/16 Falken Ziex ZE-512's
True Dual exhaust with Magnaflow DI/DO muffler
<<< SOLD >>>
post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 03:47 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHightower
Just to throw my .02 in here....I got dumped recently....and I was depressed as hell about it, and was not looking to meet anyone, since I wasn't looking, I've met at least 6 girls this week, had two of them all over me, wanting more....kinda crazy, just let it happen. They'll come to you.

lol don't mean to discredit you or anything, and I'm glad it is happening for you. When I was 21 things like that happened to me constantly. Sadly, things change when you get t o 21 X 2. The honeys just don't seem to swarm around you like they used to.

1997 Thunderbird Sport
Low Miles
Wifes Car
destined to remain stock

1997 T-Bird GT 4.6
80 MM Mustang GT MAF - P&P'd Mustang GT TB and Intake Plenum - PI Intake manifold - PI Heads
Mark VIII Torque Converter - J-Modded 4R70W transmission - Mark VIII Aluminum Driveshaft - 3.73 gears
<<< SOLD >>>
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 03:58 PM
PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler
... The honeys just don't seem to swarm around you like they used to.
Unless you happen to be one of those that has a large wad of cash to flash. They'll flock to that no matter the age... and yeah, I'm 21 x 2 so I know a little about them not swarming anymore.
post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
yea, I had forgotten about the external factors. Wads of Cash, big.... boats, sports cars, etc. Young ladies are still attracted to shiny pretty things. Ladies of our age tend to look for little things like..... employed, single, stable, (own home, mostly debt free, etc), no prison record. And of course not looking like Quasimodo is still a plus.

1997 Thunderbird Sport
Low Miles
Wifes Car
destined to remain stock

1997 T-Bird GT 4.6
<<< SOLD >>>
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 04:11 PM
2nd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to DHightower Send a message via Yahoo to DHightower
Sorry, I must not have been thinking, I suppose there is a difference there...however I still think it's like when you lose your keys....Soon as you give up looking for them, you sit down and they jab you in the butt.

In the Past:
95 T-Bird 4.6 "The Green Goblin"
91 Cougar XR7

Current:
97 T-Bird 4.6 V8
post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 04:12 PM
Slacks 12 months a year
TCCoAAC Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LX-Tasy
YaHoo Chat

"My Other Ride Is Your Girl"
"If Nissan motorsports is Nismo, wouldn't Honda Motorsports be Homo?"
Before the internet, the village idiot would stay in his own village
REAL RACERS DRIVE STRAIGHT TO THE FINISH LINE, WHILE THE OTHERS DRIVE AROUND IN CIRCLES LOOKING FOR IT
05 Supercharged Ranger Edge tuned by www.blueovalchips.com
post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 04:32 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHightower
Sorry, I must not have been thinking, I suppose there is a difference there...however I still think it's like when you lose your keys....Soon as you give up looking for them, you sit down and they jab you in the butt.

lol I love that comparison! And there is some truth in what you say.

1997 Thunderbird Sport
Low Miles
Wifes Car
destined to remain stock

1997 T-Bird GT 4.6
<<< SOLD >>>
post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 05:24 PM
TCCoAAC Member
%n haters club

Send a message via AIM to Deus003 Send a message via Yahoo to Deus003
Plentyoffish.com and hotornot.com, worked for me....

--Craig

I like my coffee black, like I like my metal.
post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 05:33 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 1997T-Bird Send a message via Yahoo to 1997T-Bird
Man.. I feel ya buddy

However, I just tried something different when it comes to meeting women.. and so far not only do I have a phone #, I am having breakfast with her tomorrow!!

Here is what I did, I just found a girl who looked really bored where I eat lunch at, I was waiting for class and was bored. So I established common ground, then I grew some (somehow) and walked up and said hi, asked her if she was bored, and started talking.. Talked for 45 mins straight, got a #, and we talked again today, having breakfast tomorrow.

I will keep you guys posted.

You should try it too, I mean what is the worse that can happen? You get used to no after awhile. I know I do.

Currently: 2004 Honda Civic Ex 5 Speed
17X7 BSA Wheels - 215/45/17 Falkens; Complete JL System; Magnaflow Catback; Lowered 1.4"

Last Car:
Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust; 2003 Cobra Rims with Kelley 255/45/17s;Steeda U/Ds; B&M Transmissoin Cooler; Dirtyd0g's custom 2800 Stall Torque Converter; J-Mod Kit installed by Dirtyd0g; SCT Tuned by Darrin; Lowered with Spring Tech Springs

Want great work done on your tranny? Have dirtyd0g do it! He made a believer out of me!
post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Ladies of our age tend to look for little things like..... employed, single, stable, (own home, mostly debt free, etc), no prison record.
And what women would those be?!?! It seems like all the women around here want the tatoo'd, unemployed, criminal record, abusive alchololic...

Me: "He broke your jaw!!"
Her: "But I love him!
Me: "But he broke your jaw!!!"
Her: "But I love him"
Me: "BUT HE BROKE YOUR JAW.... oh just never mind!!!"

I've given up on trying to figure that one out!!!

Oh and I don't mind "baggage" like children and ex's... as long as the ex's are EX's!!! It seems that a lot of the women I do meet have husbands that don't realize they are divorced. Way too much interference.

Quote:
And of course not looking like Quasimodo is still a plus.
Uh oh, I'm in trouble...

You would be surprised at how many women will not even CONSIDER dating someone 5'2" tall!! And yes I know they are missing out.... but so am I...

I’ll try some of those other places. And thanks for the heads up on eHarmony. That “No Matches” REALLY hit hard and deep in the ole self esteem arena!!!

69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 06:08 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Yea, I've come across the ones you describe also. Never could figure them out, they are beyond comprehension. Maybe if you broke her jaw??? Just kidding.

I've met my ex's previous ex. He was a nice guy, thanked me for helping his daughters. I have had the reverse happen. My first wifes second husband actually kept threatening me physically, concerned I'd want his wife back! I did my best to assure him that he had no reason to be concerned.

I wouldn't be to concerned with EHarmony's results. Just keep on keepin on.

1997 Thunderbird Sport
Low Miles
Wifes Car
destined to remain stock

1997 T-Bird GT 4.6
<<< SOLD >>>
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 06:12 PM
PostWhore

Hell take a trip somewhere dont look too hard, three people I know have g/fs or in one case a fiancee who arent even from this country. My buddy met his girlfriend when we were in Europe last summer. And things are goin great for them despite the distance and only seeing eachother every three months.
post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 08:51 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

94DD,

Don't worry about it. Enjoy being single while you are, and then when you finally meet someone you'll be prepared for it. Rushing into something that ends up being a fiasco IMO is worse than just doing things solo. Personally I'm a bit scared of those online dating things, with my luck I'd meet the ex-wife of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre guy... I too subscribe to the whole passive approach to dating. I call my version "The Sir Isaac Newton Theory of Dating". Every time I've tried to make something work it doesn't. The times that worked came totally unexpected, just when I wasn't looking.
Live your life, go out with your friends, have a good time. Yes, I'm young and I go to the bars once in a while. I go out to watch a good band play as much or more than I go out to drink. If it was about drinking, I could do that here (and for less $ too). Most of the girls I've met at bars really didn't impress me anyway. Rude, ignorant, materialistic and braindead sum those up kinda nicely, lol. Show me an average looking girl I can have a conversation with deep into the night and now I'm impressed. You'll find the right one when its meant to happen, just like me. In the mean time, don't you have some MN12 wrenching to do?

96 Mustang GT 5spd. w/ 248A Option (GTS). Stock for now until I get the Roush on.

97 Thunderbird 4.6L LX /w Sport Package
24k B&M Cooler, 1" lowered, Steeda UD Pulleys, Dynomax cat-back, J-mod, 3.73's, PI intake, PI cams, 03 GT MAF/Tube, SCT tuned - Gone but not forgotten.
MAMN12 Drag Racing Team [email protected] In need of updated times.
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 09:46 PM
**** nuts

Send a message via AIM to ITHURTZ
move to a diff state
post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 10:11 PM
PostWhore

Don't bother.... women only make life more complicated and expensive.... buy yourself a supercharger and get a pet... that's much much cheaper, needs far less maintenance and won't ever argue with you!

If your already not happy single, chances are you won't be happy in a relationship once the newness wears off... Find happiness first and then find some else to join you... if not remember, misery loves company!

90' Cougar Sport Edition 3.8 (RIP)
92' Cougar 25th Anniversary Edition 5.0
96' Contour Sport (RIP)
01' Jaguar XJR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in