my dad just askec me if I could afford this... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to KrAzyT
my dad just asked me if I could afford this...

Stuff for my car... I never thought about that I wonder if I will... I basically need another 350 to get my tranny done up and installed... another 700ish for cams and valve springs.. then 150 to install them... then another dynotune along with 4 new tires.. think i can do this??? Paychecks every two weeks are around 550

with minual of 300 in bills a month.. I never thought about not having money.. ha thats kinda funny.. sry lol

1996 Thunderbird 4.6 -Sold-
259.4 hp and 285.3 tq on mustang dyno
Bunch of motorcycles
2004 F150

Last edited by KrAzyT; 01-20-2005 at 06:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 06:25 PM
PostSkank

Send a message via AIM to StupidFly
I dont know... can you add? Sorry, dont mean to be a jerk, but I'd like to introduce to you a concept commonly referred to as budgeting. Sir, I just hope for your sake that there arent any credit cards in your wallet.

math > pasta
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 07:33 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to mastarecoil
Start > Run > calc [enter]

Thats better to use for simple help than other people. Learn to be indepenent.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 11:28 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Great Obucina
you can only go as fast as your wallett and bills will allow....crunch the numbers chief.

joseph

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 12:15 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Obucina
you can only go as fast as your wallett and bills will allow....crunch the numbers chief.

joseph
Werd. Just make sure you don't run yourself into a hole. A lot of good it would do to mod your car, just to have it taken away/sold, just to pay bills.

Taking what Joseph said into consideration, do I OWE someone some speed?? My bills are killing me right now, and I still haven't received any money to fix the damage to the bird. She'll just have to sit and wait, all alone, in the corner bay of my garage.....

Time for a second job!

Jay

These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 04:58 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to KrAzyT
i honestly could afford anything I wanted.. i paid off my car in a year.. dont know how.. also pay for 2 car insurances and college loans and still able to afford ****.. I got 4 credit cards that are unused btw

1996 Thunderbird 4.6 -Sold-
259.4 hp and 285.3 tq on mustang dyno
Bunch of motorcycles
2004 F150
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 05:32 AM
Awaiting E-Mail Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrAzyT
i honestly could afford anything I wanted...
Then why did you ask?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 08:08 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Do you still live at home w/ the 'rents? That could account for you good money flow and lack of bills. Heck, if all I had to pay for was a car, insurance, and bills of only $300 a month, I would be straight pimpin'. I make a hair over $1,400 a month on my own, not including what the wife makes, and it still isn't enough sometimes. Now that I have the house, and the garage space to work, I don't have the money to mod, lol... Murphy's law I guess

Jay

These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Veteran Poster

My wife and I make pretty damn good money, and try to put some away and still seem to be strapped at times. 3 spoiled kids and and "kind of" expensive life style is usually the cause. Budget it the key for us.
If I was to tell her that I was going to dump $1,300+ into my baby for fun she would straight woop my A$$. We are both Marines so her odds are pretty good I need new tires, control arms, want to change the interior to black with Mark seats and misc sh!t, lets just say all of that went over like a fart in church. Give and take I guess.

If you have the cash go for it, other wise I say F-it something might come up and you may need the cash.

K&N FIPK73mm C&L MAF*22C plugs*FRPP 9mm wires*MARCH Performance Pullies*Sprint springs*Cat-back Flowmaster exhaust
95 Front end*SCP Cobra R Hood*93 SC rear bumper "smoothed out"*Ford Racing Cobra R's*OEM spoiler
Idaglo silver gauges w/ blue needles*All black interior with Mark VIII leather seats
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 11:50 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to mastarecoil
If you do still live with your parents, wouldnt you rather put the extra money into leaving instead of your car?
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 03:58 PM
Refrigerator Raider Hater

Not everyone is desparete to leave....I am living with my parents so I can save up $$$ for college.

Matt "Looks Like Egon" Davis
96 Alpine Green V8
98 Audi A8 4.2Q in Racing Green Totalled
02 Audi A8L 4.2Q in Black

I buy my OEM Ford parts at 10% over dealer cost from Steve in White Bear Lake, MN.
You drive "like a man possessed"... by a woman!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 04:22 PM
Veteran Poster

the price of not living with my parents is well worth it. sure it sucks having to pay rent,etc. especially when i would love to dump that 5 grand into my car. and i'm proud to say that i moved of the house when i was 20, and have no intentions of ever moving back in.

All MN12/FN10 PA/NJ/MD/DE/NY people please check out: TSTaCC, feel free to register & say hi

'Krissy' 1997 Thunderbird LX Sport 281ci
Custom doesn't come in a Box
Slide or Die
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 12:50 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Well I like living at home, because the only bill I have is $10 a month for satellite radio service. My parents are very cool people and I have no problems with them, so I'm in no hurry to move. Plus, there's no garages in apartments. And my XBox is here.

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII
1998 Contour SVT (for sale)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in