florida - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
**** nuts

Send a message via AIM to ITHURTZ
florida

Thinkin about a road trip to florida sometime prob in july. figure it would be a 2 day drive (4 days total) so that would give me what 3 days in florida lol. Now I dont plan to go all the way to the tip unless thats the only place thats cool... But whats in florida besides beaches? Is it expensive there? And what other places in the upper that are good (if none then its to the tip i go).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 11:25 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to The Great Obucina
how far south do you want to do?

the "north" is called the panhandle....self explanitory, panama city beach. There is bsically nothing to do north of daytona......There is almost everything you can think of in orlando. We only have 6% sales tax, its not that expensive, gas isnt too bad, generally national average price in seminole/orange county(orlando).

and remember, with about 1000 miles of beaches, if it involves sunlight or fish, salt water and sand will be involved. Also, the "tip" is florida city, there is nothing there but an outlet mall, mcdonalds, wendys, and some gas stations..last stop before the Keys. the Keys are nice but the hotels are kinda pricey and its really laid back...lots o bars, restaruants, etc....its about 4 hours from Key Largo to the southern most point(key west). Word to the wise, if you go to the keys, dont get all testosteronish and loud mouthed, the locals dont like crap like that. If you want to chill, go fish, and eat the worlds best dolphin sammitch(no, not flipper) then go to the keys. If you want to get plastered, go to clubs, and partake in other forms of debauchery, then to to panama city, orlando, or drive down to miami and do the whole south beach thing(south beach aint cheap)....whatever you do, just dont stink up the joint, we dont take kindly to disrespectful tourists. the FHP doesnt take any crap(trust me) dont make manatee steak jokes, and dont say how great things are in your state, or how much things suck in mine...we dont like that either.

other than that, welcome to the sunshine state.....enjoy your stay and spend money, i like my thriving economy

joseph

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
**** nuts

hmm maybe orlando or miami? which do you think would be better.
post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

the difference is about 280 miles. miami is in south dade county...about 70 miles south of me. go to orlando and do all the cool stuff. contact the chamber of commerce and have them send you all the tourist stuff. there are some cool bars and restaraunts in orlando.....and race rock.

joseph

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
1996 Braincoated, all Aluminum PI powered and obscenely loud Pearl White Tbird [email protected] AKA Dyrdek.
2013 Black on black FX2 Supercrew Ecoboost F150. Roll onto the scene with the ceiling missing.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 07:28 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to JJanney
Go to Orlando. Miami is a pit. Orlando has all of the "tourist-y" stuff, i.e. attractions like Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and all of the Walt Disney parks. There are great places for night life and concerts, i.e. City Walk, Downtown Disney, etc. Plus, it is all reasonably priced as mentioned before.

Something Newer...
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 06:17 PM
6th Gear Poster

Daytona is still the king of beaches! Affordadable, good bars, you can walk to anywhere you need to go and get sand in you're feet doing it, the Shark Lounge is the best little tt bar in FLA, the speedway is the king of tracks and you'll see why. The old Florida feel without the overwelming big city stuff. It's 5-10 degrees cooler than south florida, the local people are real and friendly, bars and food are avalible till 5 am, you can have a motel room with a door and view beachside with a big pool to jump in and a tiki bar that serves drinks and grills burgers all day, and the beach is 25 miles long and about 300 feet wide. The surf is shallow so you can go way out. There is no pressure on you in Daytona. Put some suntan lotion on and chill out. Wear you're swimming trunks with a beach towel over you're shoulder 24-7. Ed
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
**** nuts

that sounds amazing, ill have to check that one out then!
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
**** nuts

I was at the daytonabeach website and I cant realy find motels online there, or they dont have a website, anyone know of like a 50$ a night room that fits 2? Motel 6 are in orlando and i think thats to far from daytona. I looked at one and that was 100-165$ a night and a requirement of 4nights. 2 days there, 2 days back, only leaves 3 days of fun. Maybe 4 if I want to stay 8days and if job would let me, if not ill make up a story lol
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 10:56 PM
PostWhore

There are a few places you could stay. Inland near I-95 there are a few hotels that are cheaper than the beaches. I used to live 15 minutes away from there.

Something Newer...
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 11:33 PM
Whining Intakes Rock

If you want to go to Daytona in the begining of March like between March 4-13th, you need to book now because that is Bike Week.

http://www.daytonachamber.com/bwhome.html

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/ I like intakes that whine \_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_

# SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
# 0 rows returned
# drop table users;_
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-21-2005, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
**** nuts

I was thinking I would go maybe sometime in july, ya i know call me nuts going from summer to summer. Things shouldnt really be booked in july would they? Just hope theres alot of hot chicks there
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Johnny Five is Alive
TCCoAAC Member

Send a message via AIM to WkStill Send a message via Yahoo to WkStill
be smart, and just avoid the whole state, goto NC, GA, AL, Lake Martin AL is nice, Helen GA is nice too.. Florida is just hot, and well, Humid.. :-)

1984 Merc Cougar
5.0L, GT40X HEADS, E303 CAM,X303 Valvetrain
1998 4R70W Controlled by Baumannator TCS., 3.73 Track Lock Rear., Bauman Lev 3 Shift Kit.
190LPH, 67mm EGR, 65mm TB, 73mm C&L MAF, 24lb/h Inj, TwEECer RT, A3M EEC-IV
TCCoA-AHole Crew 2004
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own. They are not meant to start a flame war or discourage people. Just my honest opinion and nothing more
Just great, 4 mores years of GOP crap, Im republican, and I endorse this message
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
**** nuts

lol. no affense but i see NC,GA and AL and "loser" states. I dont mind the hot and humid as long as there are hot chicks there that wanna spend the night, or I have one right next to me.

I dunno if i can ask this, but how easy are the girls there lol
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
**** nuts

with driving from chicago to daytona beach, we figure 75$ in gas per person x4ppl going, or more in the future if we can. And depending if we drive 18hrs straight, or take 2 9hr day trips, we would be 3-5days in florida. bout 70-80$ a night per person. Parasailing (which scares the crap outta me) is between 40-80$ pp depending on how high i wanna go 600-800feet Food around 100$ a day, just a rough estimate, booze prob 50-100$ So far we think 600-700$ per person is good. And then we gotta find out all the things to see down there.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
**** nuts

how is the temp in july also? lotta rain?
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 11:05 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to thumphed Send a message via MSN to thumphed Send a message via Yahoo to thumphed
how much money ya got? and how cute are ya? those are the two big factors here

1988 5.0 Bird
(daily driver)
1991 Super Coupe
(Sold to Pollandfenix)
My CarDomain Page
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 11:09 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITHURTZ
how is the temp in july also? lotta rain?

the temp?

we have two seasons here, hot and frickin hot.....it will be hot and humid, but you will get some sea breeze at the beach, so there will be a "cooling effect" from the atlantic...dont get your hopes up though, it will be just a few degrees. Again, welcome to florida, there is a 40% chance of rain 365 days a year...it could rain, in july and august in s. florida it rains almost every afternoon....like clock work. just remember, it will probably be very crowded during the july 4th weeked.

oh, and to answer your previous question about hot girls....sir its a beach town, if you cant find one in the scenery, you might as well move to tibet and take up monkery

joseph

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 11:28 PM Thread Starter
**** nuts

LOL, well as long as I get some beach time im good. Would suck if it rained allllll day. I wasnt sure if girls would be there, maybe I thought they would be like In cancun or something. Only beach we have is lake michigan. Not much of a beach and it being closed alot because of high bacteria!

Thumphed we would only be bringing around 600-800$ per person, hopefully no less than 4ppl. And how cute am i, Well I think I am average looking, but got nice muscles . And girls seem to hoot at me when they see me. And on the aims rate a buddy i scored a 9 outta 1
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 12:17 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to ExecutiveHydra
I'd suggest Clearwater Beach if you want to go to a beach. It's 2-3 hours west of Orlando near Tampa.

1995 White Thunderbird - SOLD 8/8/07.

1997 Alpine Green Thunderbird LE Sport - 2.5" True-Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Super 40 series Mufflers. Cold Air Intake down into the front bumper, Scott's Custom Gauges, JMOD (Thanks Trunk Monkey), waiting on 3.73s - SOLD 12/1/2008

2004 F-150 Super Crew Lariat.---Sweet.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
**** nuts

whats the diff between the two?
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 12:36 AM
6th Gear Poster

The two what

1997 Alpine Green Thunderbird LE Sport - 2.5" True-Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Super 40 series Mufflers. Cold Air Intake down into the front bumper, Scott's Custom Gauges, JMOD (Thanks Trunk Monkey), waiting on 3.73s - SOLD 12/1/2008

post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 12:44 AM Thread Starter
**** nuts

um clearwater beach and daytona beach
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 12:58 AM
6th Gear Poster

I'm not sure, but if I remember correctly, clearwater beach was one of the top rated beachs in the Country (or maybe state, IDK). I also live near Clearwater beach so thats why I threw it out as a suggestion

post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 01:01 AM Thread Starter
**** nuts

ah alright, thanks
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 07:59 AM
PostWhore

Clearwater is nice (I used to live there), but you have to remember that is on the Gulf-side of the state, and their waves are nothing like Daytona/New Smyrna Beach.

These guys are just bashing Florida. It really is not that hot in the summer. I am sure you've dealt with just as hot, dry heat up in Illinois. To tell you the truth, summers in up-state Louisiana we worse than here in Florida. You'll enjoy it, as you will not be spending all of your time outside anyway. And to deny the myth, it does NOT rain everyday in Florida.

Something Newer...
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 11:40 AM
6th Gear Poster

Daytona on holiday weekends or an event weekend you will have to book 4 nights at about 90/ night in the summer. The prices you see on line are too much. Call them instead. Regular summer rates should be about 50/ night for two people. If you call the speedway for the Sat. night Pepsi 400 only, the tix should be about 95 up/each, but not the best seats, but at least you get in. Have them put at the will call window. If you buy the whole 4 day race tix it's about 225 up/ea. but the seats are better.
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
**** nuts

why wouldnt I be outside all day? If the weather is nice and there chicks ill be out! And im glad to hear that it doesnt rain all day! Ya if i went to pepsi i would want to sit in the front seats, but I dont think I would have that much money!

Well hot is nice, up here in the summer it gets to be around 85-100, 100 on good days lol
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
**** nuts

ok for u guys that know daytona beach, which part is the best for pickin up the chicks? north, middle or south? The place i was lookin at staying is the super 8 on South beach Ave, daytona Beach 32118. 44$ a night, cant beat that!
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 10:49 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
why wouldnt I be outside all day? If the weather is nice and there chicks ill be out! And im glad to hear that it doesnt rain all day! Ya if i went to pepsi i would want to sit in the front seats, but I dont think I would have that much money!

Well hot is nice, up here in the summer it gets to be around 85-100, 100 on good days lol

ill be going to the 500 in a few weeks. daytona is a huge track(2.5 miles) get a cheap seat and sit up high to see the front stretch or back stretch...otherwise you see half a race. Its not like going to say Charlotte and sitting between turns 1 and 2 and being able to see the whole track. remember, if you dont like the weather in florida, just wait 30 minutes.

joseph

"Booyah". Stu Scott.
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 11:10 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to MadeInDade
Quote:
lol. no affense but i see NC,GA and AL and "loser" states.
I suggest if you go to Miami, not to disrespect where anyones from, like you just did in that post. You mess around in the wrong part of Miami, and you won't make it out.

"Word of advice, don't follow the streets, follow the signs"~Pitbull. What that means is when you are on the interstates in Miami they have little sunshines on the exits signs. If the exit sign doesn't have a sunshine, don't get off because it's not a nice area. There is nothing better that a Miami thug would like to see than a tourist. So watch out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in