An ode to my 'bird.. sorta.. - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

An ode to my 'bird.. sorta..

So, last week my 'bird broke down. Again. Busted front wheel bearings. It took me up to today to decide whether I was going to bring it to the junkyard or fix it (it's had it's fair share of problems while I've owned it, and it's sucked up a grand in repairs or so already).

Today I decided I was going to bring to the yard and try and buy something else, anything really. But during the drive, I just couldn't make the turn to the junkyard, and ended up parking it outside my regular shop and left a note for them to go and fix the 'bird.

After some more thinking, I figured out why I couldn't just junk it.

1) It's never let me down. Even broken down, it always got me to where I need to go (the shop, mostly :P).
2) It always starts. Even after sitting for 2 weeks in cold ****ty weather, it starts in one go.
3) The comfort of driving it. After the drive today, I was, again, amazed at how smooth the ride is.
4) The fact that even though it's only a V6, over here, it's still a powerhouse.
5) The inherent feeling of safety that comes from driving a 3000lbs+ car, while most of the cars on the road here are around 2000lbs or less.

And ofcourse...

6) The girls. Driving the 'bird gets looks, much flirting, and occasionally has led to some .. ahm.. interesting.. results. Driving my mom's Peugeot 105 only got me laughed at.

It's in jest, all I really wanted to say is that I like my 'bird too much to get rid of it after all, and that I'm willing to sink more cash into it to get it back to the state it was in when it left Lorraine in 1989. Amen. And such.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 04:17 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to thunderbirdlver Send a message via Yahoo to thunderbirdlver
yea mine is falling appart but i will never get rid of it ever. love it way too much and couldnt stand to let it go. good choice on keepin it. i would have done the same

If your exhaust tip is larger than your cylinder bore, then you are a Ricer.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

It's weird though, I never had an attachment to car, this would actually be the first time I figured "*censorship applied* it, I'm going to fix this car up completely" -- even though I'm as mechanically inclined as a coconut.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 04:23 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to thunderbirdlver Send a message via Yahoo to thunderbirdlver
haha u will not b disapointed. i want to do mine from the ground up. the rockers really shot and r actually crumbling. most is cosmetic but pretty much everything is still factory down to the struts and shocks. lots of work but is all worth it to me

If your exhaust tip is larger than your cylinder bore, then you are a Ricer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in