So, last week my 'bird broke down. Again. Busted front wheel bearings. It took me up to today to decide whether I was going to bring it to the junkyard or fix it (it's had it's fair share of problems while I've owned it, and it's sucked up a grand in repairs or so already).
Today I decided I was going to bring to the yard and try and buy something else, anything really. But during the drive, I just couldn't make the turn to the junkyard, and ended up parking it outside my regular shop and left a note for them to go and fix the 'bird.
After some more thinking, I figured out why I couldn't just junk it.
1) It's never let me down. Even broken down, it always got me to where I need to go (the shop, mostly :P).
2) It always starts. Even after sitting for 2 weeks in cold ****ty weather, it starts in one go.
3) The comfort of driving it. After the drive today, I was, again, amazed at how smooth the ride is.
4) The fact that even though it's only a V6, over here, it's still a powerhouse.
5) The inherent feeling of safety that comes from driving a 3000lbs+ car, while most of the cars on the road here are around 2000lbs or less.
6) The girls. Driving the 'bird gets looks, much flirting, and occasionally has led to some .. ahm.. interesting.. results. Driving my mom's Peugeot 105 only got me laughed at.
It's in jest, all I really wanted to say is that I like my 'bird too much to get rid of it after all, and that I'm willing to sink more cash into it to get it back to the state it was in when it left Lorraine in 1989. Amen. And such.