taste of reality? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
**** nuts

Send a message via AIM to ITHURTZ
taste of reality?

Well after 15yrs at a job my dad got fired because he wanted one of the lower office ppl fired because that guy was an idiot. They found that out while he was on chrismas vacation, they sent a letter in the mail. We have 9 ppl living in this house (7kids 2 adults), 1400$ a month house payment, 450$ for his challenger 400$ a week for grocery bills, etcetc and he still has the nerve to sit around and do nothing? He says in march hes gonna go to this other place, but isnt that to long considering who he has to feed? And on another note, his car he is signing over to me so I have to pay the insurance because I drive it more than he does, and because he doesnt have the money to pay for it, which is a lie because he just doesnt want to. So why the **** unload it on me? He is still buying parts for his car (has 8,000$ left in the check book) ANd he has already claimed bankruptcy in the past for more than 30,000$, and I highly doubt he will be able to get a job paying more than 20$ an hr, compared to his last at 37$hr. So how will he even make it? More than likely the house will be taking away and would have to move 40miles south to live with grandma. But 11ppl and 4 dogs wont mix in a 3 bedroom Split level house. And not to mention he is a loser money mooch and just because my grandma has alot ofmoney he expects her to give him money all the time because he doesnt know how to save it. Then I tell him hes an idiot, and then tells me I am a loser and I will get my dessert soon enough, which I dunno what that means. ANd I am not ready to go to UTI yet, prob another year and I will, maybe even sooner depends. My best bet would to get a job (which im looking) and move out, but then again I cant if i want to go to school. SO WTF this is pretty gay if you ask me. And I wont pay insurance on the car because im not gonna let him dump all this crap on me, because he doesnt wanna deal with it, so I guess ill be driving illegal until I get my own car, expires in march so I should be ok then. WHAT A LIFE

I could move into a motel with someone and split the cost 2 ways, would be like 525$ a month since there are no apartments near by

Last edited by ITHURTZ; 02-01-2005 at 03:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 03:35 PM
6th Gear Poster

So your dad wanted to get someone else fired, so they fired him? And now he lazy because he doesn't want to look for a job till March?

You have 9 people living in your house (2 adults and 7 kids), are you considering yourself one of the kids? I'm just curious because your profile does list you as being twenty and you mention the best thing for you maybe to go find a job. If you don't have a job now, how are you supported? If it is through your family then yes finding a job may very well be a good alternative for both you and your family as well.

You said your dad makes your grandma give him money because she has it, but you are well within the age to work and support yourself and move out and now rely on your parents as he is on his.

I see you mention that you are preparing to go to UTI, which I am assuming is a college or technical school, why couldn't you do that if you moved out? If you moved out and were the only one making money in your household, you may qualify for more grants, scholarships, and loans since your household would be making less money probably. Or when the time came you could always still include your family to qualify for more with all the kids in the house.

I don't know the exact situation that you and your family are going through, nor do I know the individual people. The situation with his car being signed over to you so that he doesn't have to pay the insurance you all can settle. Is it a everyday car or is this a project car? I am assuming it is the callenger that costs $450 a month? If so that can't just be for insurance can it? Even if he has to cancel the insurance and return the plates to the dmv for awhile and just have it sitting, sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

I don't see how bashing your dad will help. Like you mentioned, he had the job for 15 years, almost the entire extent of your life. This is a time that you all should come together to decide what is best for the family and what everyone can do to chip in, not just your dad.

Good luck!

(Edited to use PARAGRAPHS, geez! )

Last edited by 504 Bird; 02-01-2005 at 04:36 PM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 04:09 PM
TCCoA Founder
Administrator

Guys, please....for the respect of our eyes....hit the enter key now and then. They're called PARAGRAPHS. Geez.

God Bless and Fly Low!

Sir William
TCCoA Founder

97 Thunderbird LX - Smoothed

99 Expedition Eddie Bauer

04 Grand Cherokee Overland
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
**** nuts

Lets see, ya my dad wanted the guy fired because he didnt know how to do his job right and always asked the WORKERS how to do this and that.

I would consider myself one of the kids lol cause I do live there and eat some of there food.

From My summer job I saved money so I would be ready when I had no job So I am living off of that right now, I got 500$ left

But he wont ask his mom, he makes my mom ask her mom cause hes a wuss and wont do it. But all in the end my moms mom has givin us well over 15,000$ over the years.

Yes UTI is a car school. I couldnt do that if I moved out because I guess I learn from the idiot that makes mistakes my dad, so unless I have money in the backup I wont go anywhere because I gotta feel safe and know that I wont struggle for every penny I see. I always gotta have money in the bank before I do anything. Moving out and paying for rent, then trying to go to school with no money in reserve would prob make me go nuts.

The car he is making me own is a everyday car, Right now I just drive it to the gym, but when I get a job it will be work also. Yes the Challenger is the 450$ a month car. Thats for the payment on the car, He has like 600$ a year for that mopar. And he wont do anything to the car, as he says, "Its my car and Ill do what I want", and theres no way he will cancel that or anything. His fault really for buying another car when we needed other things first.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
**** nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir William
Guys, please....for the respect of our eyes....hit the enter key now and then. They're called PARAGRAPHS. Geez.
LMAO
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 04:33 PM
6th Gear Poster

Oh, paragraphs, that is what those groupings of sentences are called? Well Im glad you are here to oversee us mere mortals, I haven't had a English lesson for 5-6 years.

Once again best of luck to you in this tough decision.

I understand what you mean that if you don't have money it will drive you nuts. I also know how taxing it can be to "finally be out on your own" Of course you budget for rent and utilities but it is amazing how many bills start popping up.

I just hope that this tough situation brings your family closer together instead of further apart. Try to help out where you can and remember you can pick your friends but you are stuck with you family! I never really understood how true this was until I lost someone who I never took the time to really know or care about.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 06:07 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to whitecoug
If you were to go to school, you will most likely be able to get the entire year paid for through grants and loans. The loans will vary, I know I have 2 or 3 at different rates through the year. And you can defer payments while you are in school. The money I get pays for tuition, housing (apt.) and some food, books, etc. Now, I don't have a job while I'm in school, although I farm (used to now) and have cattle. From farming (not much at all), I netted about what I would make having a part time job at school (5-10 hrs/wk). I also work summers (go-fast parts and rent). The cattle money kind of goes everywhere. Also, at the beginning of the year, since I am living off campus, they take the extra money from my financial aid and throw it in my bank acct. Now this idea may come in handy for you if you don't have a job. It will allow you to support yourself for awhile until you can find a job that will work while you go to school.

*New Paragraph *

But now since it is February, and probably too late to start classes, you may have to find something to do till either summer classes start or fall. If it were me, I would move out and get a short term lease on an apt then go to school in the fall.

Joe

1994 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L Special Edition

PnP'd NPIs, PI Cams, PI intake, 80mm GT MAF, 24# Injectors, Shorty Headers, SCT Tuned, Jmod, Trans Cooler, 3.73's, Underdrives, Zex Dry kit 75 shot, Dirtydog TC, Trans built by Darrin, 97 Cupholders

219 RWHP/256 RWTQ NA
280 RWHP/343 RWTQ Bottle Fed (75 shot)
[email protected] mph 5/20/06

I feel sorry for the people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 06:57 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to goodguy
Im sorry to hear that your father lost his job. I see you are your fathers son. You call your father lazy and a few other things but yet your 20 and no job. You make excusses for not going onto school. You eat and sleep at home but have said nothing about what you do to help the house hold.

Easy to bash someone when your not in there shoes isn't it. How about giving the man the benefit of the doubt and work with him instead of against him.

Your a man now and should step up to the plate and help your family in there need.
I can understand why your dad don't want to work till next month. He is depressed and tired. Give him a break. You said he has 8,000 in the bank. What makes you think he can't pay the bills on that till he finds a new job? Do YOU know all his financial buisness?

As far as the car that he is giving you. It is free and your complaining about paying the insurance on it. Get a life. I'm sorry but to see how a son bashes his fater and tells him he is a idiot just really ticks me off.

So, what are you doing to help your family?
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 07:35 PM
4th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodguy
Im sorry to hear that your father lost his job. I see you are your fathers son. You call your father lazy and a few other things but yet your 20 and no job. You make excusses for not going onto school. You eat and sleep at home but have said nothing about what you do to help the house hold.

Easy to bash someone when your not in there shoes isn't it. How about giving the man the benefit of the doubt and work with him instead of against him.

Your a man now and should step up to the plate and help your family in there need.
I can understand why your dad don't want to work till next month. He is depressed and tired. Give him a break. You said he has 8,000 in the bank. What makes you think he can't pay the bills on that till he finds a new job? Do YOU know all his financial buisness?

As far as the car that he is giving you. It is free and your complaining about paying the insurance on it. Get a life. I'm sorry but to see how a son bashes his fater and tells him he is a idiot just really ticks me off.

Agreed, except with the car part. If he's signing the car over to you, it's still his until YOU sign the title, and then someone takes it to the Currency Exchange or DMV for it to be official. And I think ItHurtz is saying that he'll also have to take over the monthly car payments on the car, as well as the insurance. And if he still has his "nascar caddy" to maintain, I wouldn't want the car either... though it does beg the question about why he is driving it more than his dad to begin with.

Enhanced/J-Modded AOD-E transmission by Darrin.
'04 Maurader Torque Converter
Quote:
Originally Posted by OxmanWI View Post
High boost on stock internals is like a hot chick with STDs, everyone wants to hit it, but afraid of the consequences.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 07:44 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to goodguy
I stand corrected. Thanks seriously for pointing out the car payment thing. Does how ever make me wonder where he got the 93 bird he owns if he don't work..???
Why not just ask his father to sell the car he don't want?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
**** nuts

Quote:
You make excusses for not going onto school. You eat and sleep at home but have said nothing about what you do to help the house hold.

. You said he has 8,000 in the bank. What makes you think he can't pay the bills on that till he finds a new job? Do YOU know all his financial buisness?

I dont make excuses not going to school. Im not gonna drop everything and just go. I have no reliable car, I have no backup money, and like I said if I have no spare money, I wont go cause I dont want to get behind in any payments that I may have. Be safe, or be sorry I would put it at.

Im sure with 8,000$ he can, but I dont know what he plans to do. He can easily just let the house get taking away and then have no bills but his challenger to pay. And yes, I know most of his financial business

And for the car, its not the point that its free, Its the fact that not everything is quite there, life 2 breaks intead of 4 etc. Its just the point that HE doesnt wanna pay for the insurance on his car, so hes dumping it on me.

TO help the family we are doing nothing. 4 ppl in the houe know about it. mom dad me and my bro. Theres not m uch to do to help out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinten
If he's signing the car over to you, it's still his until YOU sign the title, and then someone takes it to the Currency Exchange or DMV for it to be official. And I think ItHurtz is saying that he'll also have to take over the monthly car payments on the car, as well as the insurance. And if he still has his "nascar caddy" to maintain, I wouldn't want the car either... though it does beg the question about why he is driving it more than his dad to begin with.
He is making me sign it, I have to sign it or GTFO, then he goes into his swearing calling me names cause I dont want his car.
I drive the car more because my dad used to take the train to work and when he would get home he wouldnt go anywhere, so it ended up being for me to use.

Quote:
I stand corrected. Thanks seriously for pointing out the car payment thing. Does how ever make me wonder where he got the 93 bird he owns if he don't work..???
Why not just ask his father to sell the car he don't want?
I did work, Iv just had a 3 month break

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in