Your Title Here - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Chief of Warranty Police

Send a message via AIM to LiquidCougar
Your Title Here

I'm sorry I couldn't think of a suitable relative title, but I need to vent here for a moment. The other night I experienced something that has changed me. It's what some would call the last straw.

It was about 2am on the last Saturday night of the semester, and we have a few friends over just hanging out having a good time. I was taken from my seat by a commotion going on outside just off my porch. Being in charge of the apartment and the peacemaker I am, I went outside to attempt to calm everyone down and disperse the gathering crowd. There were 3 guys at the bottom of the porch stairs, and they were extremely p*ssed off. I maybe got 3 or 4 words out when one of them rushed the stairs and promptly started dealing repeated blows to my head. Before I knew it, I was on the pavement receiving a beating for some unknown reason. I hear one of my friends (known as Cobra) screaming at the top of his lungs, as he jumped to my aid and pulled the unknown assailant off me, and this person started dealing a beating to Cobra as well. As I sat up and waited for my head to stop spinning, I realize that I'm covered in my own blood, and I have no idea what's going on. I was picked up and carried into the house where I was horrified to learn what was going on. I made a half-assed attempt at washing the blood off my face and rushed outside to find Cobra.

I found him in a terrible state, almost hysterical. I tried to calm him down and maintain some sense of order, still unaware of the extent of my own injuries. Police and EMTs were soon on the scene, and we were driven to the hospital to recieve treatment. I have a gash about an inch in length, very deep, about an inch above my temple. It took 5 skin staples to close the wound, and they will be in there for a week. This is in addition to the other assorted smaller abrasions and lacerations in my scalp, and an extremely sore face and jaw.

And this is where I found myself. Click

Cobra mainly suffered some pretty bad cuts on the inside of his lips due to some hard shots to the mouth.

It wasn't until later I learned what had happened. My idiot ex-roomate who had been kicked out of the apartment had started the whole thing. One of the guys who was here said something about black people, and dropped the N-bomb. Clay (the old roomate) decided he didn't like this and punched the kid in the face. The kid takes off and brings back two of his friends, which leads to the commotion that brought me outside in the first place.

Clay is now trying to validate his actions and apologize for what happened. I'm sorry, but there is no apologizing for the huge hole in my head. An inch off the mark, it could have opened up my temple and my injuries could be much MUCH worse. This kid is the reason for 90% of my problems in this place. He is the reason I have less than a week to find a new place to live and no leads to go on. I can't figure out if he's ignorant or just stupid. Bottom line is, he just can't stop screwing my life up and I'm afraid of what's next.. He had better stay far far far away from me. If I ever see him again it will be too soon.

Okay, I'm done. Thanks for listening.

1990 XR7 3.8L SC - Still waiting for time and money to come together at the same time..
1991 Ford Ranger
2003 Ford Escape

It's an MN-12 thing... you wouldn't understand.

Cowboys still do ride horses. Only today it's not just one at a time.
It's 454, each one alive, penned in 8 cylinders. Eating asphalt. Kicking dust.
Screaming out loud, "Don't you dare stop for water."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 02:04 PM
4th Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to goodguy
It seems that you have tried several times to stay friends with Clay but you just have to face facts with facts. If he has messed you up so much, it is time to cut him lose. Friends don't cause friends problems. Looks like Cobra is a friend in deed.

What ever happend to the guy that was handing out the beatings? Did he get away?
Take care and good luck...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94 Daily Driven 4.6L
A very good example of why to just pick up a phone and call the police!!! If people are so emotionally involved in an argument/fight, they are not thinking clearly. Stay out of it and let the law deal with it. That is their job.

All it would have taken is for someone to have pulled a knife or gun and you wouldn't be here.

That may seem a little harsh, but I’ve had way too many friends get beaten (and a couple KILLED) because they wanted to get in the middle of a fight (and some with the same intentions as what you had). I’m sorry, but when you, “I went outside to attempt to calm everyone down and disperse the gathering crowd.” You were stepping into a minefield.

Step one should have been a call to the police, and step two should have been to tell them the police were on their way. You just can’t deal with people that are so pumped up emotionally because they aren’t thinking straight.

Be thankful you’re ok (relatively speaking).

p.s. Yes I’ve been there… and when I took a beating because my friend was being an a$$ (which I didn’t know at the time!!!) was the last time I got into the middle of things without all the facts. Call the police and get them rolling! Let them deal with insane people!!

97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (Chip'd, 3.73 T/L... so far... )
97 Ford Aspire (Slow, but getting 36 mpg (f'n Ethenol!! )
84 F250 Dually w/6.9L Diesel (7.3L IDI pending)
73 Mercury Cougar Convertible w/351C 4V (Partially Restored)
69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
76 Glastron Carlson 23' Jet Boat w/460 CJ Engine
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 04:12 PM
PostWhore

That sucks man but it could be worse.

I have a friend who recently went on vacation in the bahamas. He's a really cool guy. One of the nicest people I know, always trying to help out ect....The first night he was there, within 4 hours of stepping off the plane, he got into the middle of a fight.....at least he thinks he did. He was punched in the face and knocked out by a 6'5" guy. He fell back and cracked his skull open on the hotel lobby floor. Spent the rest of his week and a half stay in a hotel room. Long story short he has some brain damage, cant taste anything anymore and has a permanent head ache.

Honestly there is only one thing you can do now.....learn from it.....

Some supercharged cars blow.......Others just pick up and move.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Chief of Warranty Police

Send a message via AIM to LiquidCougar
Thing is, you can't just up and call the police around here. Especially since I've been trying to stay OUT of trouble, and I would prefer that the police not have to come here for any reason. I didn't think anything of going out to try and keep the peace, because sh*t like that happens all the time. And 9 times out of 10, you don't need to call the police. They call themselves.

Because of the police being the way they are, altercations rarely turn into full-fledged fist fights because nobody around here wants to see them either. I mean, you can walk up to any crowd of people regardless of who they are, and just whisper the word "cops" and they'll disperse (read: panic) quicker than a New York heartbeat.

I did find out a lot of details since the incident, and I'm still trying to work through all the stories. I understand the potential danger I was in, and the fact that I am lucky to be alive; believe me. At the time, I didn't know these guys were looking for a fight.. I first assumed it was just another drunken argument, as that happens in the parking lot behind my porch almost 3 or 4 times a week sometimes. I had no idea they were looking for someone at my particular location, and I now know that all these guys like to do is get messed up fight with people. Ordinarily, people around here like that (and there are a lot of them, and they are well-known people) keep to themselves and don't really associate with anyone but their fellow townies. Until you piss them off. Which is what Clay did. He hit Shawn knowing damn well that Shawn was very likely to bring these people to my doorstep (because that's what they do).

Most (not all) townies are like sleeping beasts, you leave them alone, because they don't like you. They don't like the college or anyone that goes to it. Had I known that those guys were townies, here because Clay pissed them off, I would have stayed inside and let the cops deal with it. Most people I explain this to don't get it. Townies don't call cops. They deal with crap themselves, and if you're not a local here you let them do what they have to do. You really have to live here or stay here for an extended period to understand.. but at that I would just save yourself the trouble and take my word for it.

And yes, I owe Matt (Cobra) a lot, as he was the first one to jump in and help me.. not to mention the last person I expected to wind up in the hospital with due to a fight. 2 of the 3 guys were arrested, but quickly made bail. I have been speaking with my lawyer, as I will be pressing charges to the fullest extent. This is the last thing I needed here, and someone is paying dearly for it.. because the bottom line is, none of this should have happened. Had Clay kept his mouth shut and his fists to himself, and possibly even considered using common sense for a minute, I would not be here thinking about the 5 staples in my head. In both instances, you don't go hitting random people, even the townies know that.

1990 XR7 3.8L SC - Still waiting for time and money to come together at the same time..
1991 Ford Ranger
2003 Ford Escape

It's an MN-12 thing... you wouldn't understand.

Cowboys still do ride horses. Only today it's not just one at a time.
It's 454, each one alive, penned in 8 cylinders. Eating asphalt. Kicking dust.
Screaming out loud, "Don't you dare stop for water."
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 05:10 PM
PostSlut

Damn you got fugged up!!!

sorry to here.

Nick......................I'm back!!!
May you fly low and fast
rest in peace JL
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 07:51 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 1997T-Bird Send a message via Yahoo to 1997T-Bird
Holy crap.. That is awful man.. Next time you learn self defense and defend yourself properly...

I'm glad to hear you are fine. Best of luck!

Currently: 2004 Honda Civic Ex 5 Speed
17X7 BSA Wheels - 215/45/17 Falkens; Complete JL System; Magnaflow Catback; Lowered 1.4"

Last Car:
Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust; 2003 Cobra Rims with Kelley 255/45/17s;Steeda U/Ds; B&M Transmissoin Cooler; Dirtyd0g's custom 2800 Stall Torque Converter; J-Mod Kit installed by Dirtyd0g; SCT Tuned by Darrin; Lowered with Spring Tech Springs

Want great work done on your tranny? Have dirtyd0g do it! He made a believer out of me!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in