Bill Elliott Day - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Awaiting E-Mail Confirmation

Bill Elliott Day

Okay, I know that he drives a Dodge now, but to me he is still a Thunderbird driving country boy from my hometown.
I received a flyer from Senator Chip Pearson in the mail today. In this flyer, he points out some of the things that the Georgia Legislature accomplished this year. On the last page was this:

Elliott Family
On March 17, the General Assembly played host to the Elliott family of Dawsonville, recognizing them for their outstanding accomplishments in the sport of racing and officially naming them "Georgia's First Family of Nascar". Bill Elliott's racing career has spanned decades and included two Daytona 500 victories, the first win of the Winston million, the Daytona Speed record, and the world land speed record set at Talladega. He has been selected Most Popular Driver an unprecedented 16 times, Georgia Professional Athlete of the Year twice, National Motorsports Driver of the Year 14 times, and in 1998, was inducted in the Georgia Sports Hall of Fame. We also officially designated October 8 as Bill Elliott Day in Georgia. We felt this was a fitting and proper way to recognize this outstanding Georgian.

I just thought that was interesting enough to share with you guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 08:11 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to thunderbirdlver Send a message via Yahoo to thunderbirdlver
thats pretty cool stuff. they have a bill elliot mcdonals here that is pretty neat. they have one of his wrecks cars hangin up. they had another car with the hood up and there was still coolant in it. they locked the hood shut now though.

If your exhaust tip is larger than your cylinder bore, then you are a Ricer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in