Anyone Following E3o5? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
4th Gear Poster

Anyone Following E3o5?

Did Ps3 turn out to be the best console or what? Man I had such hopes for Xbox360 to mop it up. Big xbox fan, but I could turn after seeing the previews. Either way I'll have both so it doesn't matter. But PS3... using the new DVD technology (6 times the capacity of a normal DVD) and of course what I predicted once I saw Xbox didn't have, BlueTooth technology, at least for the conroller... I am gitty as all hell, I am always excited to welcome next gen consoles. I remeber dreamcast, I popped in Sonic and was like "WHOA", and now I get to experience that feeling again, finally!!!! So you guys hyped or not?

K&N AirCharger System
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 06:10 PM
Insert Title Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by teenageriot13
Did Ps3 turn out to be the best console or what? Man I had such hopes for Xbox360 to mop it up. Big xbox fan, but I could turn after seeing the previews. Either way I'll have both so it doesn't matter. But PS3... using the new DVD technology (6 times the capacity of a normal DVD) and of course what I predicted once I saw Xbox didn't have, BlueTooth technology, at least for the conroller... I am gitty as all hell, I am always excited to welcome next gen consoles. I remeber dreamcast, I popped in Sonic and was like "WHOA", and now I get to experience that feeling again, finally!!!! So you guys hyped or not?
Xbox360 DOES use the double layer DVD technology.
Xbox360 DOES use wireless controllers

It's just another bull **** run when the consoles are close to the same.

- Pelezo

1994 Ford Thunderbird Supercoupe - 3.8L V6 - 15.125 @ 90.76

”Sticks impress high-school kids, autos win races” – Unknown
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 06:36 PM
Pedal Faster

Send a message via AIM to Josh_Keady
Is the XBox dual layer drive Blu-Ray compatible?

Josh Keady

1994 Super Coupe ('93 5.0L swap), 1990 Tbird 3.8L, 1982 Honda CB900F, 1972 F-100 SportCustom 4x4, 1970 Chevy Custom Camper / 20
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 06:42 PM
Johnny Five is Alive
TCCoAAC Member

Send a message via AIM to WkStill Send a message via Yahoo to WkStill
Bluetooth is a gimmick, along with Blu-Ray... And Why the heck do I want wireless? I got wireless technology to choke me.. oh, and my wireless keyboard doesn't work more the 5 feet from the transmitter. and all i need is my batteries to die in the middle of a race..

1984 Merc Cougar
5.0L, GT40X HEADS, E303 CAM,X303 Valvetrain
1998 4R70W Controlled by Baumannator TCS., 3.73 Track Lock Rear., Bauman Lev 3 Shift Kit.
190LPH, 67mm EGR, 65mm TB, 73mm C&L MAF, 24lb/h Inj, TwEECer RT, A3M EEC-IV
TCCoA-AHole Crew 2004
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own. They are not meant to start a flame war or discourage people. Just my honest opinion and nothing more
Just great, 4 mores years of GOP crap, Im republican, and I endorse this message
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 06:44 PM
Insert Title Here

So true,

I will argue about the wireless controllers though because I have two Logitech’s for my Xbox and they are great, just buy rechargeable batteries and you are set.

- Pelezo

1994 Ford Thunderbird Supercoupe - 3.8L V6 - 15.125 @ 90.76

”Sticks impress high-school kids, autos win races” – Unknown
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Johnny Five is Alive
TCCoAAC Member

Send a message via AIM to WkStill Send a message via Yahoo to WkStill
Blu-Ray is the MPAA ways of getting out of there flawed dvd's..

You can get HD Video on a standard DVD-9 if you use MPG4, but since the MPAA whats to stop pirates they want Blu-Ray.. ANd Good luck getting people to go buy a new blu-ray dvd player.. Because I sure the heck ain't.

1984 Merc Cougar
5.0L, GT40X HEADS, E303 CAM,X303 Valvetrain
1998 4R70W Controlled by Baumannator TCS., 3.73 Track Lock Rear., Bauman Lev 3 Shift Kit.
190LPH, 67mm EGR, 65mm TB, 73mm C&L MAF, 24lb/h Inj, TwEECer RT, A3M EEC-IV
TCCoA-AHole Crew 2004
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own. They are not meant to start a flame war or discourage people. Just my honest opinion and nothing more
Just great, 4 mores years of GOP crap, Im republican, and I endorse this message
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 10:21 PM
Pedal Faster

Send a message via AIM to Josh_Keady
The way I understand it, there will be a great reckoning with the future of HD: those who chose HD-DVD and those who will chose Blu-Ray. I asked if the XBox will be Blu-Ray because it seems like there is a great "choosing of sides" going on here. From what I hear a lot of major (read: MPAA-humping) studios are backing HD-DVD, and a lot of PC and home electronics companies are choosing Blu-Ray.

I was just curious whether Microsoft will be supporting HD-DVD or Blu-Ray.

As for DVD-9, it's certainly established, but Blu-Ray spec discs can hold 50 gigs... there's some advantage there.

Josh Keady

1994 Super Coupe ('93 5.0L swap), 1990 Tbird 3.8L, 1982 Honda CB900F, 1972 F-100 SportCustom 4x4, 1970 Chevy Custom Camper / 20
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 02:20 AM
Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to ThomasR91169
i havent yet seen full specs of xbox360, but the PS3 looks like its gonna be VERY new tech when it comes out, so it wont be obsolete when it hits the shelves, like the PS2 was.

PS3 is what the PS2 should have been.

Xbox better have some tricks up its sleeve or it might not make it in this round of consoles.

1994 Tbird 4.6l, 3 trannies later and still bone stock.
Click to See
2002 Stang GT, 5spd "Ellie", Eleanor Tribute. Stage 3 Roush Kit, Saleen S281 Spoiler, JMS / Ironman Customs CL-2 C-Pillar Panels. Black Racing stripes on Pepper Grey. Minor Bolt ons, Real mods coming soon(Procharger, VT cams/Headwork, 31spline Eaton Rear, T-56 Swap)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 03:59 AM
2nd Gear Poster

Everybody needs to read this article.

http://technology.sympatico.msn.ca/N...etect=&abc=abc

After reading that, I am gonna get rid of my Xbox, and switch over to the PS3 when it comes out.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in