When Everything Goes Wrong - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via Yahoo to Rich95XR7
When Everything Goes Wrong

Well, the time has come for me to give up.

Everything I've tried to do lately has backfired on me and made me look bad. I have to apologize to a few people before I go though. My list:

Cam94
Al_Florida
Palmguy
Kodiak Kid
Thomas
Litning especially

My life seems to have gone downhill lately enough to where I no longer feel that I am an asset to this club or the human race. While I can apologize as much as I can, I still cannot express exactly how much I regret people waiting on me for parts, etc.

It has been a terrible couple of months, and until I feel that I can speedily send out parts people need and complete projects in a timely manner that I do not need to have anything to do with the automotive community. I feel that I have failed too many people to continue. I take full responsibility for everything, and once again, I apologize for the inconvenience to everyone.

I will guarantee that everything that I owe everyone will be shipped out this week. Some personal issues have slowed me down and made it difficult to concentrate on what I need to do.

I will also take the time during this post to offer my resignation as a moderator and chapter director for TCCoA. At the present time, I do not feel that I can represent the club the way it should be, and that the club would be better off without me associated with it.

To all my friends here, thanks for the support you've given to me. I couldn't have come this far through the difficult times without your support. I'd especially like to thank Preston, John, Al and Brian, there were some days that I don't think I would have made it through without you guys.

Powered by RNC Performance

Custom Powdercoating Available, PM me for details.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 05:52 PM
Whining Intakes Rock

Rich,

Friends means never having to say your sorry. So no need to apologize to me. You take care of your life and your family. It's way more important.

Al

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/ I like intakes that whine \_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_

# SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
# 0 rows returned
# drop table users;_
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 05:55 PM
Boom.

Rich,

I don't think I could say it any better than Al; seriously, take whatever time you need to get things straightened out, that's far more important than me getting a couple of parts. As always, if you need anything, feel free to let me know.

-Brian

TCCoABAMFC - Founding Member
Official Member of the TCCoA Evil Underground Moderator Conspiracy
TCCoA Gun Club

2003 Mach 1 - 4.6L DOHC V8/4R70W

1995 Cougar XR7 - PI 4.6L SOHC V8
post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 05:56 PM
6th Gear Poster

Rich, I know you don't know me but I hope everything works out. Let me know if I can help.

Mike K

Stock '96 LX
Best ET 15.69
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 06:55 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak Kid
Rich,

As we discussed earlier today...sh*t happens. I am not upset with you or anything that has/hasn't occured as supposed to. All I honestly care about is you and your health...After all, you will be living closer to me in the future. I still fully expect you to call me when you move here, I will be more than happy to come out and help you unpack. As is Heather and prolly most of the NC chapter guys. You are still a big asset to the club as well as your automotive knowledge...maybe take a break from building/making things, but there is no reason to leave TCCOA.

On a more personal note, I apologize to you for being so pushy and impatient. Unfortunatly my immaturity and un-realistic goals got in the way of common sense and reality, and I feel it hurt both of us. All I ask is that you don't lose touch and still poke into chat...after all, where else would you get such great entertainment?!?

Again, thanks for all that you have done, and as Brian said...You ever need anything, anything at all...You have my #.

Shane
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 07:10 PM
Back in Black

Administrator

Yeah Rich, you better call us when you get here. I certainly know about personal crap hitting the fan all at once and would hate to see you go as a friend.

R.I.P. Joel Bender 07/30/79 - 03/26/06
R.I.P. Johnny Langton 1975-2011

1997 Thunderbird LX 4.6 AED 349.27RWHP/391.29RWTQ Engine Build Exterior shots
2002 Thunderbird Premium Triple Black 3.9
2015 Fusion Energi SE Luxury Magnetic Gray
*SCRAPPED* 1994 LX 4.6 NA [email protected] 236.07RWHP/286.26RWTQ
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 07:10 PM
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak Chick
Rich,

Ditto to what Shane said. Take care of you and your family and know that your TCCoA family is here if any of you need anything. And yes I'll be more than happy to come help with the move project. God knows it was awesome to all those who took the time out to see us on our way here. There are some very special people who are a part of TCCoA and you are one of them. Your knowledge and guidance IS an asset to this club and the club would be at a loss without you. Take the time you need and come back when you're ready. We'll be here for ya as you need us.

Heather
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 07:20 PM
Slacks 12 months a year
TCCoAAC Member

Send a message via Yahoo to LX-Tasy
Hello Rich,
Just from past experiences, family comes first, if they are true friends they will understand.I am not well liked just about everywhere I go but my true friends ( the few I have )understand me and are always there.You have made alot of friends here and I am sure you have some around your house, but with what you have going on I am sure everyone will take note and undersatnd.
Just keep doing the good work and you will come out on top.
Thanks,
Chris

"My Other Ride Is Your Girl"
"If Nissan motorsports is Nismo, wouldn't Honda Motorsports be Homo?"
Before the internet, the village idiot would stay in his own village
REAL RACERS DRIVE STRAIGHT TO THE FINISH LINE, WHILE THE OTHERS DRIVE AROUND IN CIRCLES LOOKING FOR IT
05 Supercharged Ranger Edge tuned by www.blueovalchips.com
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 07:20 PM
2nd Gear Poster

Woah!
Since when does VACATION equal RESIGNATION?!

Take a back seat for a while Rich. You deserve to watch the scenry. Let someone else do the day to day stuff.

The parts? Color me dumb but didn't even know you did parts. Even so, people here -- scratch that -- You're FRIENDS here will not bat an eye if parts are "late" Excellent quality takes time and any impatient sucker who wants to gripe.... Send to me! this momma will set matters straight.

Rich I haven't known you long but I like you. I would hope you could reconsider resignation.

-Connie
post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via Yahoo to Rich95XR7
To be honest, this has pretty much nothing to do with anyone here. I am just having some personal problems that are taking over and need to get them sorted out before they get out of control. I will still be checking in and saying Hi, I just don't want people relying on me, and to be able to take 4 days and go to visit family without worrying that I'm screwing someone.

Like I said, when I get things sorted out, I will be back more on a full time basis.

Powered by RNC Performance

Custom Powdercoating Available, PM me for details.
post #11 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 07:57 AM
Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan
TCCoAAC Founding Member

Send a message via AIM to JordanSypek
Family and yourself first buddy.... Take care, we're not going anywhere

TCCOAAC (R.I.P. JOEL)
96 4.6 XR7 (T45 Swap, etc.)
97 4.6 Mustang Cobra (28k Miles)
95 4.9 F150 4X4 M5R2)
post #12 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 11:25 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 1997T-Bird Send a message via Yahoo to 1997T-Bird
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansypek
Family and yourself first buddy.... Take care, we're not going anywhere
Yeah, you act like we are all going to buy Mustangs or something next month

Currently: 2004 Honda Civic Ex 5 Speed
17X7 BSA Wheels - 215/45/17 Falkens; Complete JL System; Magnaflow Catback; Lowered 1.4"

Last Car:
Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust; 2003 Cobra Rims with Kelley 255/45/17s;Steeda U/Ds; B&M Transmissoin Cooler; Dirtyd0g's custom 2800 Stall Torque Converter; J-Mod Kit installed by Dirtyd0g; SCT Tuned by Darrin; Lowered with Spring Tech Springs

Want great work done on your tranny? Have dirtyd0g do it! He made a believer out of me!
post #13 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 12:41 PM
Recidivistic Procrastinator

Hey Rich,

Things happen. Take care of your family and yourself first. That's most important. I am not sure of the magnatude of you problems so I will not say I can relate. I do know what its like to have one thing happen after another and how it's real easy to get down. Somehow, someway you get through it and life returns to normal. Keep your head up and stay in the game.

John

94 LX 4.6
Hibernating...
Engine built by Jim O'[email protected] Racing
I live with "fear" everyday, sometimes she lets me race...
post #14 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 01:10 PM
PostSlut

Stay truthful to yourself.
Do what you and your family wants, not what someone else is telling or making you do.

Nick......................I'm back!!!
May you fly low and fast
rest in peace JL
post #15 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 04:47 PM
TCCoA Founder
Administrator

Resignation Denied. Leave of Absence Granted.

Take care my friend.

God Bless and Fly Low!

Sir William
TCCoA Founder

97 Thunderbird LX - Smoothed

99 Expedition Eddie Bauer

04 Grand Cherokee Overland
post #16 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-19-2005, 05:04 PM
PostWhore

Ah, Camel Poo! Take care, hope to see ya in chat, its always fun/informative chatting with ya.

2007 White Ford Focus SE ZX3 Hatchback (The new driver)
1997 Alpine Green 4.6L Bird (SOLD!)

Mods:
Removed Air silencer, Clear Corners, Silverstar headlights and corner lights, Moroso Bluemax Spiral Core wires, Custom 3" Magnaflow exhaust with 2.5" Y-Pipe, 300-450 HP J-mod Kit by dirtyd0g , Hayden 30k GVWR Trans Cooler, Sport Front Suspension, 03-04 Cobra Rear Shocks, PBR Front Brake Swap, Xcal 2 by Lonnie @ Blueovalchips.com, 22C plugs, 180F T-stat, 02GT MAF/Airbox with K&N Drop in, Griffin Radiator, Cobra Water Pump
post #17 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 02:43 AM
Resident redneck

Send a message via AIM to redneckcougarguy Send a message via MSN to redneckcougarguy
Rich-

take care of yourself. you need to come first in your life, we can have stuff be late, and if this helps, im not doing anything to my car that involves the color lime green

- Steve-O

-Steven

Project Rust Prevention: 1990 Buick Regal, Toilet Capacity engine, new trim paint, 57K miles
post #18 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 07:03 AM
Johnny Bling Bling

Send a message via AIM to 93 lx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir William
Resignation Denied. Leave of Absence Granted.

Take care my friend.

keep in touch. hope to see you in chat.

2003 Ford Expedition: 5.4L, harley supercharger, 2.93 upper pulley, 4lb lower pulley, c&l plenum, jlp cai, LFP SBTB, FTSP, Magnaflow 3" catback, Eclipse AVN-5510, white face gauges, cobalt c2 boost gauge, ddm hid's, 379 rwhp, 465 rwtq sold 11/3/12

2009 Ford Flex Limited AWD
post #19 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 09:04 AM
3rd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Adam B.
Wow, i feel like a jackass. I've been worried that i got screwed out of $540 for that pumpkin. But now that you've posted, i'm just glad that's not the case. I hope the best for you. And no rush on the pumpkin. Get what you need to get done first

Stuff goes here.
post #20 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 06:55 PM
Administrator

For those of you who are waiting on parts from Rich, I just got off the phone with him and his computer was fried by a lightning strike. Adam B, your rear end shipped out yesterday, Thomas, your cams shipped out yesterday, Al_Florida, he needs your address again, CAm 94, he needs your address also.

That is all....

John

RIP Joel Bender and Preston Smith. The world will never be the same without you.
post #21 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-26-2005, 07:01 PM
Recidivistic Procrastinator

PM sent. Thanks John!

94 LX 4.6
Hibernating...
Engine built by Jim O'[email protected] Racing
I live with "fear" everyday, sometimes she lets me race...
post #22 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 07:09 AM
3rd Gear Poster

Send a message via AIM to Adam B.
Yes, thanks a bunch John

Stuff goes here.
post #23 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 07:42 AM
Banned

And you can tell him not to worry about the wiring harness for the injectors, I already bought new injectors......and everything else that wasn't done or included....

Last edited by Kodiak Kid; 05-27-2005 at 08:23 AM.
post #24 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litning
For those of you who are waiting on parts from Rich, I just got off the phone with him and his computer was fried by a lightning strike. Adam B, your rear end shipped out yesterday, Thomas, your cams shipped out yesterday, Al_Florida, he needs your address again, CAm 94, he needs your address also.

That is all....

John

Anyone expecting parts from Rich, please PM me. I would like to know if you have received your items.

also, Please do not ask me where your parts are, I have not been in contact with rich in some time, so I can not answer that your questions... sorry

John

RIP Joel Bender and Preston Smith. The world will never be the same without you.
post #25 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 07:53 PM
Johnny Bling Bling

Send a message via AIM to 93 lx
WHERE ARE MY PARTS?

2003 Ford Expedition: 5.4L, harley supercharger, 2.93 upper pulley, 4lb lower pulley, c&l plenum, jlp cai, LFP SBTB, FTSP, Magnaflow 3" catback, Eclipse AVN-5510, white face gauges, cobalt c2 boost gauge, ddm hid's, 379 rwhp, 465 rwtq sold 11/3/12

2009 Ford Flex Limited AWD
post #26 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Well, this saga has gone on long enough.

Most, if not all, of the people who are expecting parts from rich still havne't gotten anything after many promises to ship everything. I have tried calling him, but i get no responses from him. He has come into chat a few times saying everything has shipped, but nothing has been delievered.

I'm done with him. Rich, I do not know what is going on, but the way you have treated people who have trusted you is stunning. I realize you have problems going on, but to withhold over $1000 worth of parts from people and just give false hopes is just plain wrong.

To let people know what's going on:

Al_florida is owed a set of ported heads with new comp cam springs. His parts are MIA
Palmguy is owed a set of STB's... Front and Rear. His parts are MIA
Thomas is owed a set of Cobra Cam's. His parts are MIA
Adam B. is owed a rebuild Tlok rear end. His parts are MIA
Cam94 is owed some pulley's. His parts are MIA
I am owed a set of valve covers, some brackets and misc stuff for my engine. My parts are MIA
Kodiak Kid had some engine work done by rich. Shane was not given certain parts promised to him that he needed to do his swap, so he had to improvise.

I am quite sure I will not make any friends over this post, it might even be deleted. But making people aware of what is going on needs to be done.

I am posting this for 2 reasons:
I feel that people need to know what is going on, and why not to have any financial dealings with him. Also, I advertised his services for powdercoating so I feel somewhat responsible for people dealing with him.

Rich, if you do actually read this, I am sorry I had to do this, but I have had no other way to contact you. I have left messages on your answering machines, emails are getting bounced and your PM box is full. I do not want the parts anymore. I have had to find replacements. However, the people listed above still want their parts, or their money back. I wish you well and I hope you can get your issues straightened out soon.

John

post #27 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 05:22 PM
Boom.

For anyone reading this, this should NOT be swept under the rug, it has been handled in a very professional manner by John all things considered.

I can attest to the accuracy of what Litning posted. Everything is accurate.

TCCoABAMFC - Founding Member
Official Member of the TCCoA Evil Underground Moderator Conspiracy
TCCoA Gun Club

2003 Mach 1 - 4.6L DOHC V8/4R70W

1995 Cougar XR7 - PI 4.6L SOHC V8
post #28 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 05:30 PM
Banned

as well as I can attest...Tried leaving feedback in the marketplace for him, but that was quickly deleted
post #29 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 05:41 PM
Whining Intakes Rock

I've been "in" on all that Litning has done to resolve this.

We're not trying to bash anyone. Rich has been a stand up guy from day one and I have a lot of respect for him.

That is not what this is about. We know Rich has had some problems. Rich gave his word that parts have been shipped and I believe that. However, those parts have not been delivered. We'd like to know what happened instead of guessing. Guessing only leads to (possible) wrong conclusions. Rich didn't (or can't) provide any tracking numbers.

If items were lost or held up in shipping, a tracking number would go a long way to answering a lot of questions. Not to mention the ability to start recovery actions against the carrier if the parts were lost in transit. We can't do anything at the moment. We can't get any answers. It does get a little frustrating.

As far as I'm concerned, I can write-off the money spent on the parts. It's not a big deal to me. I cannot speak for others though.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/ I like intakes that whine \_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_

# SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
# 0 rows returned
# drop table users;_
post #30 of 61 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 06:21 PM
Chapter Director Coordinator

care to send me a "write-off" you don't care about Al?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in