Kind of religousy..I think I am going to read the bible. - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Talking Kind of religousy..I think I am going to read the bible.

In my opinion, I am being a hipocrite(?) by not reading something that so many have faith in. This comes at the end of a long struggle between me and the sins of the world. My, My, My, I doubted people just for there beliefs, let me refraze, for there relijous beliefs. My wifes cousin is staying with us, he tells me that he does two things, works out by lifting and reads the bible. This respose blew me away! I understood the lifting aspect of it, but the bible! This respose knocked me off my doubt horse. And made me relize something, that, maybe is long over due. I dare not say that I am going back to the church that I once believed in so much. I am going to really look in to the bible. The main thing that caught my heart, I guess that is what I mean. In the last 17 years I have not had that welling up feeling you get when the pastor says something that pertains to your life. Well, My cousin did it, He just spouted it out,
The person that speaks a kind words, may for ever expect words of kind.

Holy Crap! That is just so insight ful! I guess I never sat down and really listened to the bible. Maybe I was to... closed of to hear the real meaning behind some of these stories. Call it hate or fear, but I had a lot of faith untill four very close people where taken from me when I needed them most. Come on, did you expect me to say, "I am just too cool for god"? Naw, I had people torn from me when I needed them. I never forgave god for this. No, I don't want my veiws to change the way others think. I just want my spiritual side back...

Eric

By the way, what is your favorite bible verse!

2011 Kia Sorrento
1996 T-bird
*SOLD* 2007 Suzuki M50

Looking for a new ride!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 11:08 AM
PostWhore

I could go on and on about this.............but, AMEN brother !!!!! Read Jeremiah 29:11 - my fav verse
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 11:22 AM
Veteran Poster

Excellent!

online sermon videos from my church that will really talk to you www.lifechurch.tv

SOLD!!!!

5.4 block from 99 expedition bored .20 over
Forged crank/Manley Rods/JE flat tops/chromemoly rings and Steeda Underdrives
P&P PI heads (by me) w/ 3 angle valve job w/copper gaskets with ARP studs/bolts and One piece lightning cams
80mm Pro-M MAF and Cut & welded '95 4.6 intake
Jmodded Trans & Trac-loc pumpkin (Cobra) 3.27
Raxles, ADDCO 1 1/4", Eibachs, JL Braces
18" CEC type 169 wheels w/ 245/40 front 255/45 rear
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 12:22 PM
1st Gear Poster

I was just recently Baptized last week finally, I have been studing the Bible now for 8 months, and finally it was time to show my faith, my girlfriends father is a preacher where I attend church and also has the worlds largest Bible website

www.bible.ca

there isnt much out there that can not be found on there and if there is, just ask.

just takes 5 things remember,

believe, repent, confess, be baptized and then remain faithfull

The website will also help you to decide on the path you choose to follow, because remember there are the wrong types of religions out there that have set aside from what the bible says and teaches, and they have made up thier own ways of life ex. holy days, a "pope" having stronger prayers then you or I, daily offerings, being Baptized by sprinkling instead of full immersion. It goes on and on, So I urge you to study before making any decsions.

[email protected]

1990 Thunderbird SC-5 spd
1997 Thunderbird 4.6 auto- Winter beater

Last edited by T1Bird; 05-27-2005 at 04:53 PM.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 12:29 PM
TCCoA Founder
Administrator

You might want to pick up a newer translation of the Bible called "The Message" it's an EXTREMEMLY easy to read version. I frequently like to have that, a KJV and perhaps a NIV or NASV around and read important passages in all three. I feel it helps (me at least) to really grasp what's being said.

There are several guys on here who would be more than happy to help answer any questions you may have if you don't want to consult your local pastor. And Big-Al has devoted most of the last several years of his life to Biblical and religious studies. The man KNOWS his stuff.

Welcome back to the fold. This is one of the beauties of God and salvation. No matter what, no matter why, no matter when, He is there when you seek him. No thing you can do, think or say will ever diminish His love for you in the least.

God Bless and Fly Low!

Sir William
TCCoA Founder

97 Thunderbird LX - Smoothed

99 Expedition Eddie Bauer

04 Grand Cherokee Overland
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 12:36 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94 Daily Driven 4.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir William
...Nothing you can do, think or say will ever diminish His love for you in the least.
Unless of course you don't believe in him, then he is going to condemn you, and doom you to burn in hell for the rest of eternity.

Sorry guys, but I just couldn't resist.

HOWEVER, I do applaud funderbird for doing whatever helps him in his life!!! One can never have too much information before making an informed decision!

97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (Chip'd, 3.73 T/L... so far... )
97 Ford Aspire (Slow, but getting 36 mpg (f'n Ethenol!! )
84 F250 Dually w/6.9L Diesel (7.3L IDI pending)
73 Mercury Cougar Convertible w/351C 4V (Partially Restored)
69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
76 Glastron Carlson 23' Jet Boat w/460 CJ Engine
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 12:37 PM

Garage
I hate to interrupt but I have a few insightful phrases you might like too:

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish, feed him for the rest of his life.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Don't eat yellow snow.

Etc.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Alabama Chapter Director

Send a message via AIM to FordTBirdGirl Send a message via Yahoo to FordTBirdGirl
Im glad this is a topic on here. I always wondered how many of the members were Christians,etc.
My favorite verses would have to be out of Corinthians 13

-Sarah-
97 TBird LX V8
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 12:54 PM
TCCoA Founder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94 Daily Driven 4.6L
Unless of course you don't believe in him, then he is going to condemn you, and doom you to burn in hell for the rest of eternity.
No Don, you're wrong. He doesn't condemn us. We are condemned as soon as we pass the age of understanding. We are condemned by our sinful nature. God loves you as much as He loves me and as much as He loves every other person on earth. He has a love for you and I that no words could ever do justice to. The difference is that I care that He loves me and you don't.

God Bless and Fly Low!

Sir William
TCCoA Founder

post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 12:56 PM
PostWhore

buckle up, here we go again
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 01:03 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94 Daily Driven 4.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir William
No Don, you're wrong. He doesn't condemn us. We are condemned as soon as we pass the age of understanding. We are condemned by our sinful nature. God loves you as much as He loves me and as much as He loves every other person on earth. He has a love for you and I that no words could ever do justice to. The difference is that I care that He loves me and you don't.
Well I don't know about you, but if I love someone I'm not going to throw him or her into a burning pit of lava for eternity.

But maybe my definition of love and God’s definition of love is different.

But I want to strongly interject that I respect your beliefs and will fight for your right to have those beliefs… until it interferes with MY beliefs.

97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (Chip'd, 3.73 T/L... so far... )
97 Ford Aspire (Slow, but getting 36 mpg (f'n Ethenol!! )
84 F250 Dually w/6.9L Diesel (7.3L IDI pending)
73 Mercury Cougar Convertible w/351C 4V (Partially Restored)
69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
76 Glastron Carlson 23' Jet Boat w/460 CJ Engine
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 01:39 PM
Resident Gun Guru

It is great reading what some of you have written..............it made me feel good

But it made me feel a little ashamed because I have been away from my church for a couple years now............ and struggling to get back and struggling to live the way I know I'm suppose to.............

Eric, the loss of loved ones is always difficult, but these and other trials come before us at different times in our lifes as tests of our faith..its times like these we should turn to the Lord not away...........he is always there waiting for us, just knock and the door will be opened.........

I know that when I was trying everyday to live the way the Lord wants me to,........I still encountered trials in my life, but the solutions seemed to come easier when your praying daily and trying to live a rightous life...... by repenting, attending church, paying tithing, reading the scriptures.........living and sharing the Gospel is what everyone should be doing..........

The Lord loves us no matter what and He is waiting for us

13.66 @ 100.4 mph
1.94 60' time

"If you stick with the basics, you never have to go back to them"
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 02:22 PM
TCCoA Founder
Administrator

Well Don, look at it this way. You love your children and would lay down your life for them in a heartbeat. You never want them to experience even the tiniest amount of pain or anguish. But, if you tell them over and over and over that if they don't do a particular thing, they're going to be punished, you know you have to punish them. You know it will hurt them and they won't like it, but you also know that it has to be done. I don't view God's love for us much differently. He has told us for thousands of years what to do and how to do it. If we still don't listen, we have been told the consequences.

God Bless and Fly Low!

Sir William
TCCoA Founder

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 02:36 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Drive XR7
What's the Bible?

Only kidding, folks.

Jason
2003 SVT Mustang Cobra #5364
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
1991 Mercury Cougar XR7 5.0L - SOLD!
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Wow! Had no Idea I would get this type of response! Thanks, I find it harder to get through my day with out having my kids know what they need to know. Shure I teach them morals...But morals with out faith is just...Doing right because you are affraid of the punishment and not for the good of others....Peace out...My fellow religous folk...

Eric

2011 Kia Sorrento
1996 T-bird
*SOLD* 2007 Suzuki M50

Looking for a new ride!
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 04:34 PM
5th Gear Poster

Hmmm... favorite verses... there are too many... but I really like the Parable of the Tenants (Matthew 21:33-46); don't ask me why, I'm a Mel Gibson-type. Other favorites are the Parables of the Lost Sheep, Lost Coin, and Lost Son (Luke 15).

John
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 06:37 PM
Chief of Warranty Police

Send a message via AIM to LiquidCougar
My favorite version is by far the King James version.. I'm not sure what it is, but it's the only one I prefer to read.

And my favorite passage- which I learned as soon as I was old enough to memorize it:

Psalm 144:2 - My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

I almost wet myself when I heard Barry Pepper aka Private Jackson (who also happens to be one of my favorite actors, no less) reciting that passage in "Saving Private Ryan" in 1998!

1990 XR7 3.8L SC - Still waiting for time and money to come together at the same time..
1991 Ford Ranger
2003 Ford Escape

It's an MN-12 thing... you wouldn't understand.

Cowboys still do ride horses. Only today it's not just one at a time.
It's 454, each one alive, penned in 8 cylinders. Eating asphalt. Kicking dust.
Screaming out loud, "Don't you dare stop for water."
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 03:41 PM
3rd Gear Poster

Amen! Always a joy to see another join the flock!

-Jason
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 03:57 PM
Automatic Weapon

The Bible teaches that everyone has a choice to except Christ or not. You are your own jury, in a sense. You decide your own fate. If you choose to reject Him, then you have determined your eternal fate and Christ will only agree with you and send you to the end of the path you yourself have chosen.

I chose Christ. Why? Because of my favorite passage:
Revelation 5:9-10

9And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

Who doesn't want to serve such a wonderful God?

Choose you this day who you will serve. God, or the world. For no man can have two masters. (a little Old Testament quote for ya!)

<----not throwing rocks at girls anymore
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 09:26 AM
Veteran Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94 Daily Driven 4.6L

Sorry guys, but I just couldn't resist.

HOWEVER, I do applaud funderbird for doing whatever helps him in his life!!! One can never have too much information before making an informed decision!
He is going to condemn you or you made sure you were condemned yourself? Again i couldn't resist.
Welcome funderbird.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Last edited by Drnaline; 06-04-2005 at 09:33 AM.
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 09:44 AM
AnimeWhore

Send a message via AIM to otakujohn
glhf ggwp
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 10:06 AM
PostWhore

Psalm 50:12 - If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world {is} mine, and the fulness thereof.

Revelation 5:12 - Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

Revelation 7:12 - Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.

I come from a dusty place.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 04:37 PM
6th Gear Poster

John 14:6 I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Pretty much summed it up for me when I became a new believer. This was the scripture I was led to when I first began to read the bible after I was saved. There is only one way to the Father, through Jesus the Christ. It doesn't say anything about being a good person, never committing any major sins, or even perfect church attendance.

I read the bible many times before I was saved, in order to punch holes through my Chrisitan friends testimonies and pronounce them hypocrites, but it never made any sense to me, and I could never understand what I was reading. It was as if I was reading another language. Once I was saved and receive the Holy Spirit, the scripture was opened up and I had clear understanding. This was the second miracle in my life, the first was salvation through Jesus Christ.

B

97 T-Bird Sport: Dynomax catback, Removed silencer w/ K&N panel, DReinhart chip, Lightning AGSF12-FM1 plugs/180 stat, Tokico 1.25" dropped stance, bye bye fender gap

'79 F100 SB : 300 ci six, Hurst Mastershift 3spd floor shifter, Offenhauser intake, Holley 4 brrl, EFI manifolds, Chebbie Rockers, Summit Racing 3.50 gearset, DISO 2.5" diesel muffler and 2.5" exhaust, Its'a six?!
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 07:51 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to PJ-4.2L
I'm glad people can find peace and answers in the Bible. If it helps you live, go for it.

I just wanted to do a virtual handshake with 94 Daily Driven... I do want to beg the people that have any doubt in their minds to ask themselves WHY they have doubt. We are inquisitive machines- us humans. It is our right to have original thought. If there is doubt, there is question. If all you need are the same old answers, good for you. Personally, I needed more. Look behind the Bible into morality itself. What is the composition of happiness? Is it fear? Is it speculation? Is it faith without question?

I think not.
Is belonging to some sort of "family, brotherhood, or cult," happiness? For me it is not. Is it "Submission to God?" Not in my book.

Peace for me was found inside myself- not in others... Not in books. Introspection gave me the answers I needed but also taught me what questions I needed to ask. I feel more humble now that I have no affiliation. On top of all, I realize I can not expect answers from anyone. Thus, I don't expect anyone to think that I have the answer for them. My basic belief is that things are the way they are, happen the way they happen, and there is no explanation within our grasp (science is slow)-- no Deity, no God. No one to blame either.

I would be lying if I said religion doesn't rub me the wrong way. It reminds me of myself when I never questioned out of fear of my peers and rejection from heaven. I still cringe when I hear my mother say "Thank God." Religion to me is a knot that has been pulled too tight and can't be undone. So I cut my ties.

Once again, I am truly happy that people can find the answers they need in texts like the Bible, the Koran, Kabbalah, etc... I WANT everyone to be happy. Atheists too.

PJ

PJ- 4.2L -
" 'DIY' was not meant for women."
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 08:29 PM
Automatic Weapon

Jeremiah 17: 9-10

9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Romans 3:10
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
and verse 23
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God

Romans 5:8 But commendeth His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Happiness is realizing your inability to save yourself and having your sins forgiven by God.

All else is blindness.

John 12:40
He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.

post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 09:06 PM
4th Gear Poster

I have personally read from cover to cover, the King James Bible, The Quran, Torah, and The Pali canon (Hindu). They were some of the hardest books to ever read.

The bible is a VERY long read and should be taken in steps. There are some great story's that the average christian only knows parts of. But its a very insightfull book. There is some "shocking" parts (mostly in the OT) that may make some people a little put off. Nobody notes that stuff in their sunday sermon. Just take it at value and move on.

Before reading all of these books, I went in with the mind set the all of these books were written, translated and interpeted by Man and that I think helped me to grasp what they were going through for their time.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 10:12 PM
CEO, WT Club

Send a message via AIM to GODSPEED Send a message via MSN to GODSPEED
Good to see this discussed. It is the most important subject in life in my opinion. Remember though, man can really mess up a good thing with religion, so be careful what you get into. Always go to God for direction and discernment. Congratulations on your newfound drive, and good luck in the future!

-Joel

Previous MN12s:
'95 Thunderbird 4.6L V8 - Performance White
Bought 01/12/08 w/ 33,000 original mi. Big plans, little execution. Sold as a fallen victim to life's happenings.
'95 Thunderbird 4.6L V8 - Performance White
Leaky shifter @ 137,441; what a good ride. Gone to the crusher, but not forgotten... moth and rust doth corrupt.

'13 Mustang GT Premium 5.0L V8, Auto, Brembo, Black - Daily Dark Horse
'11 Edge SEL AWD 3.5L V6, Loaded, Black - For the Misses
'98 F-150 XLT RegCab 8'Bed, 4.6L V8 4x4 ORP Oxford White - Work Truck

post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 11:30 PM
Automatic Weapon

phreakness, in your oppinion, which book was the best written book. Which one made the most since after completing it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in