Play me or trade me - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Play me or trade me

Anyone interested in a trade for a 97LX and a 93SC for an LS1 Camaro?

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-30-2005, 03:22 PM
Birdless

Send a message via AIM to Grasshopper Send a message via Yahoo to Grasshopper
I'll trade you my Ford pickup for your 93 SC...

A man may smile and bid you hail
Yet wish you to the devil;
But when a good dog wags his tail,
You know he's on the level.
--author unknown
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Sorry man, I have had it with Ford. They are possibly losing one of the most die hard fanatics that have ever graced their worthless company. I have had it up to my neck with the crap they pull. If it was not for our cars (run as a test platform for their beloved moostangs) they would had a lot of problems. I think I will sell them both. The LS1 engine is the best design engine that I have ever seen. If I can fit in one of those cars, mine will possibly be gone.

Chris
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 09:44 AM
MAMN12 Posse Member

Good luck man. Most F-body owners are just as serious as some of us are about our Birds, if not more. My friend has a 97 Sport, said it wasn't enough for him, so what did he buy....02 Formula NHRA Edition. I have to admit, that thing is a monster.

~Jeff

*signed off
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 09:59 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Nope, I refuse to continue to support a Company that does nothing for me. List for me three cars if you will that Ford supports with aftermarket stuff. Mustang and a few Marauder goodies. You can buy a junk Cavalier and have parts avalilable. I cant even get parts for a tranny that is jsut now ten years old. As far as why the LS1, look at the heads. They are the closes thing to perfect that I have ever seen.

Chris
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 12:34 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Traveler
Focus, Mustang, F-150, Marauder.......

1997 Thunderbird Sport
Low Miles
Wifes Car
destined to remain stock

1997 T-Bird GT 4.6
80 MM Mustang GT MAF - P&P'd Mustang GT TB and Intake Plenum - PI Intake manifold - PI Heads
Mark VIII Torque Converter - J-Modded 4R70W transmission - Mark VIII Aluminum Driveshaft - 3.73 gears
PBR Brake Calipers - Eibach Springs - KYB Shocks
'89 SuperCoupe front and rear sway bars
SCT Chip programmed by Lonnie Doll
255/50/16 Falken Ziex ZE-512's
True Dual exhaust with Magnaflow DI/DO muffler
<<< SOLD >>>
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Just within the past few years have the F-150s, and I forgot about the Focus. Go back a few years. Taurus, Contour, Tempo...nuthin.

Chris
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 06:07 PM
Eleventeenth Gear Poster

Yeah, Ford ruined my dream of a tricked out hot rod Tempo

Sold = 96 Thunderbird
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 06:12 PM
Boom.

And why don't they offer a CAI or Altezzas for a Taurus Not having aftermarket sucks...

TCCoABAMFC - Founding Member
Official Member of the TCCoA Evil Underground Moderator Conspiracy
TCCoA Gun Club

2003 Mach 1 - 4.6L DOHC V8/4R70W

1995 Cougar XR7 - PI 4.6L SOHC V8
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 07:05 PM
PostWhore

The LS2 is out now. 400HP/400FT/LBS, 364ci

I come from a dusty place.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-31-2005, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Yeah yeah yeah...poke all the fun you want. Its the point that I can not get parts to fix my SC. I know it isnt really about the Tempo or the SHO but c'mon. LOOK AT THE THREAD. I CANT GET PARTS TO FIX MY RIDE. Now...I am angry once again....

Chris

Stoopid fords
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 02:05 AM
4th Gear Poster

Why can't you get parts?
Order them or post for parts wanted, great selection of parts here.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Syncros for a M5R2. I want the good ones. With the material on the back not the solid brass ones. I want a NEW lock panel for the armrest of my drivers door. There are more but that would be a worthless rant...

Chris
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 10:07 AM
02 Explorer Pioneer

Well since the M5R2 was I believe borowed from Mazda not completely Fords fault. Also on panels and such I bet you would be hard pressed to buy interior panels for a Cavalier. I understand what you mean though.......we are just at the mercy of whether the aftermarket starts building more replacement parts for the platform or not.

Birdless

There is no limit to what you can acheive if you don't care who gets the credit.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 10:41 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
It sounds like you're complaints are with finding replacement parts, not aftermarket parts. Its hard to find parts like you are describing for almost ANY car over 10 years old.

1997 Thunderbird Sport
Low Miles
Wifes Car
destined to remain stock

1997 T-Bird GT 4.6
80 MM Mustang GT MAF - P&P'd Mustang GT TB and Intake Plenum - PI Intake manifold - PI Heads
Mark VIII Torque Converter - J-Modded 4R70W transmission - Mark VIII Aluminum Driveshaft - 3.73 gears
<<< SOLD >>>
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

If it were the beloved Moostang then this would not be an issue. In fact, there are companies that are making repro parts just for the fox bodies now. From what I understand, with the exception of the door moulding, there is nothing you can not get.

Chris
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 08:02 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
You've answered your own question. The Mustang is a beloved car. Hundreds of Thousands of people own and cherish them. Millions want to. Hence the aftermarket for them. Where there is a demand there will be a market. As much as we here on this site may love the T-bird, (a far superior car in my unbiased opinion) it simply isn't as popular as the Mustang. So there isn't as large a market for the parts. Its a fact of economics. So stop blaming corporations for following the laws of economics and start looking for the parts you need, or go buy a car that has everything you need as handy as your computer or catalog.

1997 Thunderbird Sport
Low Miles
Wifes Car
destined to remain stock

1997 T-Bird GT 4.6
<<< SOLD >>>
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 08:27 PM
Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to Teal94BirdV8 Send a message via Yahoo to Teal94BirdV8
This thread is going nowhere quick... but uhh.... just for sh!tz and giggles...

BTW, I'm actually more comfortable/relaxed in the Thunderbird. Theres something unnerving about the SS. (Alot of blind spots..)

PS, you say you "have had it with Ford," yet you're complaining theres no aftermarket parts, but asking for near OEM parts. Thats not neccessarily Fords fault..

94 LX V8 & 93 SC gone. Not forgotten.
1992 Lincoln Mark VII LSC Cobra U/L intake, PP 65mm TB, Powerdyne BD-11 8#, Walbro 255, FRPP 30lb Injectors, MSD ignition, 3.8 Taurus E-fan, A9P MAF conversion, Pypes 1&5/8" Shortys, O/R H-Pipe, 4.10 Trac-Lok, T-5 swap, FRPP flywheel, Ram HDX clutch, Steeda Clutch kit
2002 F150 FX4 Lariat 6" Fabtech, 3" BL, Stock FX4 wheels, 37x12.50 Nitto Trails, Yukon 4.56s, Detroit TrueTrac, Edge Evo, 8K HIDs, PowerStop truck&tow kit
1996 GMC Suburban SLT 6K HIDs, crystal clear light set, daily beater @ 222k miles

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

No...but a factory supercharged car that was a test platform for the mustang should be able to be worth a small amount of parts. I hate Fords now and I am eventually going to buy a Camaro of Firebird. Which reminds me, anyone interested in a 93 SC or 97LX?

Chris
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 09:21 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
I agree, this is going nowhere fast. But I am curious why you think the MN12 was a "test platform" for the Mustang?

1997 Thunderbird Sport
Low Miles
Wifes Car
destined to remain stock

1997 T-Bird GT 4.6
<<< SOLD >>>
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Not a thought. Look at the 4.6. Yes it was in the lincoln and vic first but then to the MN12. The sc engine was supposed to be used on the 89 GT as designed by Jack roush. Didnt make the date. There are still two (at least) SVO birdies runnin round with mustang cobra engines in them. The last was the 98 SVT bird. Yes you read that right. The engine was in last years cobra. NO JOKE.

Chris
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 12:26 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Thunderbirds have always gotten the good stuff first. From Power windows on down. The T-bird was (until 98) the Flagship of the Ford car line, and as such it got the "high tech" stuff first. It then began the trickle down to the lower end cars. Always has been that way.

Using the line of thought you are using we could all gripe because Ford is using the entire lincoln line up as "test beds" for the Ford line up.

And I'd like to see documentation that the SC engine was intended for the 89 (or any) GT. Not saying you're wrong, just like to see some documents.

1997 Thunderbird Sport
Low Miles
Wifes Car
destined to remain stock

1997 T-Bird GT 4.6
<<< SOLD >>>
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 12:49 AM
Veteran Poster

good aftermarket? Ford Probe. Replacement parts? www.rockauto.com or a local junkyard. Problem solved. Never had a problem finding a part
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 04:05 AM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

What are we playing? If I beat you in a round of ping pong, can I take both cars?

1994 Thunderbird LX 232
Discarded air silencer. Gutted cats. [email protected] mph at this point. 8.8" Trackloc differential with polyurethane bushings. PA manual valvebody. Sport springs.

1989 Thunderbird SC 5-speed
ESM ported supercharger. Performance exhaust.

2005 Yamaha YZF600R
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Ifn youz a thinkin youz a big enuff...ping pong...huh...got my own little paddle.

I wish I could remember where the test bed for the Anny. car came from. It was before I even had a SC. If I remember correctly there was an article in car and driver or something like that but dont quote me.

Chris
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 11:02 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Throwing my.02 cents out. I heard from a guy that worked at roush that they had built a couple mustang's with the v6 supercharged but they didn't put them into development because Ford wanted to sell the V8 mustang's. They feared that the V6 supercharged with decient gas mileage would sell more than the gas guzzling V8. That's just what I heard If true or not I can't prove it.

Get in, Sit down, Shut up, Hang on
My mod's
True Duals W/ Flowmaters/ Underdrive Pullies/ Cold Air Induction with custom air box/Cross Drilled Rotors/Shorty Headers/ 1 Kenwood 800 Watt amp/ P&P PI heads/ PI intake/ crower stage 1 cams/ Trac lok 3.73:1 gears/ Block bored 30 over/ Forged crank/ Mahley rod's/ Diamond flat top piston's/ nos kit w/ 100shot and compucar purge/ Dual oil Filter relocator w/ oil cooler/ Trans cooler/ Trans shift kit/ Marauder T/C!
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

The story I got was that it was not ready in time to be put in the special Aniversery cars. Thats why they were in the 89 SCs.

Chris
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Stroked and Blown

Send a message via AIM to BlakTbird96
Your right about not having enough aftermarket parts for cars other than Mustangs. I think when Ford killed the Thunderbird, they screwed themselves...The Thunderbird curse has been brought upon them! lol. LS-1's are fast as all hell (my brother has a 98 Z28). I do not at all feel safe in it though. Way too small, the whole car is glass (windshield, roof (unless its a hardtop which most arent), and extremely big rear window) They ar nothing but fiberglass. Lol, 3 years ago we took it to Myrtle Beach, SC and the ONLY place to mount an ariel for the CB was the hood!! How retarded. They also sit wwaayy too low for me. An 18 wheeler would run it over like a monster truck. Nope, They are great looking cars and very powerful, but I wouldn't want one.......

My other home:
Mid-AtlanticMN12's

'96 Ford Tbird 3.8 SC
'06 Chrysler Sebring "Vert 2.7
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Stroked and Blown

Send a message via AIM to BlakTbird96
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97qwikcat
They feared that the V6 supercharged with decient gas mileage would sell more than the gas guzzling V8. That's just what I heard If true or not I can't prove it.

THAT is probably the reason why they did away with the SC or the MN12 chasis in general.

My other home:
Mid-AtlanticMN12's

'96 Ford Tbird 3.8 SC
'06 Chrysler Sebring "Vert 2.7
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
PostWhore

Anything larger then a large pickup will run over anything that is car size. Last month there was the bus wreck that took out two, a car and a pickup. Killed them both. It wouldnt have mattered if it was a Camaro or a Crown Vic. The car was a LS and the pickup was a GMC Sierra. As far as the rest of the stuff, I have always liked the underdog. I have always liked Fords. If I cant be sure that I am going to be able to fix my babies when they break, I need to get different babies. My wife is all about me getting rid of them. Today she was pissed because I put the urithane kit on the front of the SC. She really does not understand that it does not matter...I will work on anything I get.

Chris

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in