"Straitedge????" - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 11:36 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to lightevergreenfrost
"Straitedge????"

The other day I met this great girl. We both seemed to enjoy each other company and have also talked for hours each night since. Anyway, the first day we talked she told me she was "straitedge", as if I was suppose to know what thet meant. Aparently it is a "movement", where she does not do anything harmful to her body. Things like smoking, drinking, permiscuous (sp?) sex, and no medicene like asprin or cough syrup, antibiotics; unless its life threating then medicene is ok. Have any of you ever heard of this??? Should I be worried??

T-Bird Registry Number 27526
My Car Domain Site
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2282851
My Space:
http://www.myspace.com/jordonjones
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 11:41 AM
6th Gear Poster

I remember that back when I was in high school about 6 years ago. I didn't know about the medicine, but it's people that don't drink or smoke, have sex, probably don't go out to clubs too much. Nothing wrong with it, but it is nice she let you know up front so you could make a decision.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 11:56 AM
Mr. Jiggy Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightevergreenfrost
The other day I met this great girl. We both seemed to enjoy each other company and have also talked for hours each night since. Anyway, the first day we talked she told me she was "straitedge", as if I was suppose to know what thet meant. Aparently it is a "movement", where she does not do anything harmful to her body. Things like smoking, drinking, permiscuous (sp?) sex, and no medicene like asprin or cough syrup, antibiotics; unless its life threating then medicene is ok. Have any of you ever heard of this??? Should I be worried??

I would be worried.....I mean, what kind of fun could you have with someone who doesn't get a little crazy now and then......and no promiscuous sex?? Thats basically saying that if you want any, you will be hearing wedding bells first my friend!! I would say that if you think she is THE ONE, then go for it, otherwise, i wouldn't waste either of your times. Unless you want to make a game out of it and see how many of her rules you can get her to break....... j/k man, its all in how you feel, if thats stuff you can deal with and you can see a LTR, then go for it!!!

Jmod, Mark VIII 4R70W tranny, Mark VIII Aluminum Driveshaft, 03 Marauder TC and Flexplate, True Dual Exhaust with High Flow Magnaflow Cats, and midmount DI/DO Magnaflow Muffler, 18" Slash Cut Chrome Tips, AC Compressor Delete Pulley, 180 Degrees T-Stat, Scott White Faced Guages,

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFanatic
yeah well my car doesn't run on chocolate so who cares.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Promiscuous, meaning sex with many different people within a short amount of time. I asked about that one, although that is not my goal.

My Car Domain Site
My Space:
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 12:42 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94 Daily Driven 4.6L
There is a HUGE difference between promiscuous sex and premarital sex.

My advise to you is to watch and see if she is living that lifestyle for real, or just using it as a "cover" or excuse.

Just my .02.

97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (Chip'd, 3.73 T/L... so far... )
97 Ford Aspire (Slow, but getting 36 mpg (f'n Ethenol!! )
84 F250 Dually w/6.9L Diesel (7.3L IDI pending)
73 Mercury Cougar Convertible w/351C 4V (Partially Restored)
69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
76 Glastron Carlson 23' Jet Boat w/460 CJ Engine
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 01:15 PM
6th Gear Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94 Daily Driven 4.6L

My advise to you is to watch and see if she is living that lifestyle for real, or just using it as a "cover" or excuse.

Just my .02.
Both good points. I don't know about anyone else, but I have come to a point in my life that I don't want to participate in, nor have relations with a girl having promiscuous sex. There are just too many dangers out there. Ok, now I'm sounding like my dad.
But seriously, there is nothing wrong with the values that are listed above, as long as they match yours.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Chief of Warranty Police

Send a message via AIM to LiquidCougar
My problem with straightedge people is I think they're wound entirely too tight.

Now, people with straightedge beliefs and habits are fine, but it's those gung-ho hardcore edgers that bother me with all their preaching about how everything is bad for you, you should be like them, blah blah blah. They just give the situation a bad name.

1990 XR7 3.8L SC - Still waiting for time and money to come together at the same time..
1991 Ford Ranger
2003 Ford Escape

It's an MN-12 thing... you wouldn't understand.

Cowboys still do ride horses. Only today it's not just one at a time.
It's 454, each one alive, penned in 8 cylinders. Eating asphalt. Kicking dust.
Screaming out loud, "Don't you dare stop for water."
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 01:49 PM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to turtlem227
I would have the different believes talk with her. Let her know that you respect the way she is and she should respect the way you are. And if she trys to push her ways onto you, or if you try to push your ways onto her, thats it....relationship over.
Good Luck!

mamn12.com
Resident Funny Man
A-hole crew wannabe
97 4.6 "under construction"
Painting underway!!!

93 Ragtop Mustang GT 5.0000hhhhssshhh***ttt
712rwhp "hold on little buddy"
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 02:56 PM
Mr. Jiggy Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94 Daily Driven 4.6L

Just my .02.

my mistake, i was thinking premarital, instead of promiscuous. Promiscuous is not good, so she sounds alright......my bad.

Jmod, Mark VIII 4R70W tranny, Mark VIII Aluminum Driveshaft, 03 Marauder TC and Flexplate, True Dual Exhaust with High Flow Magnaflow Cats, and midmount DI/DO Magnaflow Muffler, 18" Slash Cut Chrome Tips, AC Compressor Delete Pulley, 180 Degrees T-Stat, Scott White Faced Guages,

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordFanatic
yeah well my car doesn't run on chocolate so who cares.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 03:30 PM
Resident 40th Anniversary Expert

Send a message via AIM to Shawn40th
I knew two back in college really well. Both guys though, no not together. One was totally straightedge like you say there. The other had tattoos all over and was okay with sex but just did the no drinking, smoking or drugs thing. Was a crazy kid over all though so it wasnt stopping him from living life. Everyone knew him as a straightedge kid so I guess there are different legnths people take.

"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people."

1997 Lincoln Mark VIII, LSC - Green/Tan Leather, Sunroof, etc. FOR SALE. Inquire within.

Current car: 1999 Corvette

The 40th Anniversary Tbird is gone. Her old website & CarDomain page

Senior Member of the 'B-Team'.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Johnny Five is Alive
TCCoAAC Member

Send a message via AIM to WkStill Send a message via Yahoo to WkStill
Depends on how "Hardcore" she is..

No Soda and preaching is a nono.

I don't believe in taking tons of pills, and I don't drink, I am just happy i don't have those addictions.. But I do take colestorol medication, because it is life threating if not controlled.. And was on "Massive" Pain killers becuase I could not walk do to my back (Which again is LIFE Threatening)..

Just think, any "Medical Problem" can become Life threatening if not taken care of, (regardless of what it is)

1984 Merc Cougar
5.0L, GT40X HEADS, E303 CAM,X303 Valvetrain
1998 4R70W Controlled by Baumannator TCS., 3.73 Track Lock Rear., Bauman Lev 3 Shift Kit.
190LPH, 67mm EGR, 65mm TB, 73mm C&L MAF, 24lb/h Inj, TwEECer RT, A3M EEC-IV
TCCoA-AHole Crew 2004
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own. They are not meant to start a flame war or discourage people. Just my honest opinion and nothing more
Just great, 4 mores years of GOP crap, Im republican, and I endorse this message
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

I will have the belifs talk with her when we go out Thursday. She does not seem to be real hardcore into it, but we will have to see. The more I talk to her the more I like her. As long as she does not try to push the straitedge thing on me it should be ok. I don't do drugs, smoke, take pill, ect. Although I do drink a little. The no medicene thing is just different. Thanks for the quick advice, it means alot to know that I always have a place to go with stupid questions.

My Car Domain Site
My Space:
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 09:35 PM
3rd Gear Poster

This is the LAST place I'd ever thought I'd see a thread relateing to "sXe". You'd be suprised how militant some of these guys could be. I remember being at a party a few months ago and I was talking to one of my friends, who was smoking at the time, and this random punkish kid ran up and hit the cigarette right out of his mouth and yelled "Strightedge Mother******" and flashed some tatoo of an X or something on his hand and ran away. We kinda stood there for a moment, and my friend took out another smoke and almost immeadtely, the same guy ran over and tried to throw a punch. I say tried because at this point he was ticking off everyone at the party and about 3 people jumped on top of him and hauled him out.

Later as I found out, the entire "Movement" is based on some obscure reference in a song written by Ian MacKaye or something, I don't really know. I don't drink or smoke but I don't have to be part of a "movement"
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 10:49 PM
PostWhore

Cool

Is she about your age? Is she stateing that she is part of a "Movement", or that these are the rules of how she leads her life? What attracted you to her? That's an important question, because you obviously think she's hot! Which is the segway into the "hotist" topic so far in the replys of this thread, sex. And that's important, because it does develop into a big issue in most relationships. Saying that she does not engage in Permiscious sex, simply put, means that she "hopefully" doesn't believe in multiple lovers. That's a good thing. Now, the next issue is, How does she few sex otherwise. Does she also believe in straight sex as well. That means, by some interpratations, only having sex to procreate. Some may also believe in straight sex as the male being superior only "Boring". If you are thinking about a serious relationship with this young lady, make sure these issues don't become an issue later on in the relationship (find out now)! The medicine issue could be translated into something similar to a religeous (there goes my spelling again) believe. Some people believe that things happen for a reason, that it's Gods will. Or, it could be that she believes in the natural strength of the body to heal itself. And sometimes it just may need a "Booster" to help it along. The bottom line is, Is she an open person, And are you willing to ask? If so, have at it. And If you both are honest with each other, the relationship will start on a good foundation. Good Luck!!!!!!
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

She is close to my age, shes 19. She claims to be part of the movement but stated tonight that she does not try to force it on someone. Im not sure on the sex thing, like I said its not my goal. I believe it is just the promiscuous thing, like sex with one guy one night but another the next. The medicene thing is because she said that her body will fight it off anyway why take medicene. This is definatly not a religious thing just a personal one.

My Car Domain Site
My Space:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in