Ticket Question - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Traveler
Ticket Question

Ok guys, I was busted recently going a little over the speed limit. (I had just finished passing a truck, the HIPO popped over a hill. etc...... ) Anyway, he gave me a ticket and a self addressed stamped envelope to mail in the 208 dollar fine! My question involves the signature, which he didn't ask me for. I never signed anything. There is a line at the bottom of the ticket for the accused to sign, but he just handed it to me said slow down and have a nice day and that was the end of it. question: What are the laws about that? I've NEVER gotten a ticket without signing it.

1997 Thunderbird Sport
Low Miles
Wifes Car
destined to remain stock

1997 T-Bird GT 4.6
80 MM Mustang GT MAF - P&P'd Mustang GT TB and Intake Plenum - PI Intake manifold - PI Heads
Mark VIII Torque Converter - J-Modded 4R70W transmission - Mark VIII Aluminum Driveshaft - 3.73 gears
PBR Brake Calipers - Eibach Springs - KYB Shocks
'89 SuperCoupe front and rear sway bars
SCT Chip programmed by Lonnie Doll
255/50/16 Falken Ziex ZE-512's
True Dual exhaust with Magnaflow DI/DO muffler
<<< SOLD >>>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 09:45 AM
Seasoned Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to Carlover007
I believe the signiture is just a acknowledgement of the ticket.
So I am pretty sure the ticket still stands.

Current rides: 09 CTS-V (went to dark side) & GSXR-1000

Still miss her: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2304264/1
Unknown 4.6L Vortech V1, 42# injectors, 255lph fuel pump, 90MM MAF
3200 Stall DirtyDog TC, 3.73's w/ trac lok, MMX drive shaft
SCP True dual exhaust, J Mod, tranny cooler, 17" Cobra R's,
ADDCO front and rear sway bars, Koni Shocks, Sport Springs & poly bushings
DBRUS Dual Piston Front Calipers w/ 13" Drilled & Slotted pwdr coated rotors
Xenon grfx, Reverse gauges, 97 Console, Dual DVD player,
JL Audio & Pioneer speakers, Hifonics amps, 1 farad Cap, Monster cable, etc.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 09:53 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94 Daily Driven 4.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler
Ok guys, I was busted recently going a little over the speed limit. (I had just finished passing a truck, the HIPO popped over a hill. etc...... ) Anyway, he gave me a ticket and a self addressed stamped envelope to mail in the 208 dollar fine! My question involves the signature, which he didn't ask me for. I never signed anything. There is a line at the bottom of the ticket for the accused to sign, but he just handed it to me said slow down and have a nice day and that was the end of it. question: What are the laws about that? I've NEVER gotten a ticket without signing it.
I can't really help you with your specific question, but a WAG would be that you're still responsible for it.

But who knows, a court may throw it out.

I don't know about in KS, but in AL, if you get a speeding ticket, you have an option to take a "driving course" and the ticket won't go on your record.

You still pay the court costs, but you don't get a fine, it does not go on your record, and as such your insurance company knows nothing about it!!

But if you were speeding.... if you play, you have to pay...

97 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC (Chip'd, 3.73 T/L... so far... )
97 Ford Aspire (Slow, but getting 36 mpg (f'n Ethenol!! )
84 F250 Dually w/6.9L Diesel (7.3L IDI pending)
73 Mercury Cougar Convertible w/351C 4V (Partially Restored)
69 F100 LWB w/460 Engine
76 Glastron Carlson 23' Jet Boat w/460 CJ Engine
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 09:54 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to FasTBird232 Send a message via MSN to FasTBird232 Send a message via Skype™ to FasTBird232
Semi-related question: would a citation for improper use of a registration plate cause someone's insurance rates to go up?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 01:17 PM
Draggin the Subframe
with Jesus now
RIP Buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastBird232
Semi-related question: would a citation for improper use of a registration plate cause someone's insurance rates to go up?

That shouldnt, as it is not a moving violation

The one, the only.........Bagged!.....Bottle Fed!......Thunderchicken!!
13.605 @ 99.46 & 13.608 @ 99.78 & 13.610 @ 101.72 on the bottle.
14.782 @ 94.46 at Cecil
14.792 @ 93.38 at Rockingham with new torque converter (2800 stall) 95% humidity, 82 degrees....
284.3 hp @ 4100 rpm, 370.4 ftlb @ 3600 rpm
Your friendly, run of the mill, Psychopathic moderator

NC Chapter Forum Carolina Thunder

TCCoA A-hole crew 2005 "DIASS"
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-12-2005, 03:03 PM
PostWhore

Garage
As mentioned I think it is a acknowlegement and agreement to pay or appear. You can go to court and if the cop doesn't show you usually get off - my sister did that in Florida.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 03:02 AM
Resident redneck

Send a message via AIM to redneckcougarguy Send a message via MSN to redneckcougarguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler
run for mexico

-Steven

Project Rust Prevention: 1990 Buick Regal, Toilet Capacity engine, new trim paint, 57K miles
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94 Daily Driven 4.6L
I can't really help you with your specific question, but a WAG would be that you're still responsible for it.

But who knows, a court may throw it out.

I don't know about in KS, but in AL, if you get a speeding ticket, you have an option to take a "driving course" and the ticket won't go on your record.

You still pay the court costs, but you don't get a fine, it does not go on your record, and as such your insurance company knows nothing about it!!

But if you were speeding.... if you play, you have to pay...
Yea, I know I know. I've always paid speeding tickets one way or another. (Usually 1.5 to 2 times the fine and it stays off the record) I just didn't like this guys attitude. And it was a MO Highway Patrol, not a local deputy or policeman. I'm not sure who to call to arrange a "non-moving violation". I'll probably just pay it, and be good for the next 3 years.

1997 Thunderbird Sport
Low Miles
Wifes Car
destined to remain stock

1997 T-Bird GT 4.6
80 MM Mustang GT MAF - P&P'd Mustang GT TB and Intake Plenum - PI Intake manifold - PI Heads
Mark VIII Torque Converter - J-Modded 4R70W transmission - Mark VIII Aluminum Driveshaft - 3.73 gears
<<< SOLD >>>
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 09:21 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ben_cline Send a message via MSN to ben_cline Send a message via Yahoo to ben_cline
Well, I'd just pay it.

That's why I like my Bel 960. I had a Whistler, but it didn't work as well, but it did work. They both saved me a few times. Only got pulled over once with it on, and that was at a light that was putting off Xband, so I didn't pick up the Ka band. Me and my buddies got a C&I. The one had it changed to a moving violation or something because he has Prepaid Legal. The other guy had his liscence revoked because he had enough tickets for going over 100mph and such. Would've killed himself with that Camero. The rear tires were bald, and he had a 350 in it, with low gears. Old 70's model. He works at a used car lot and drives one of their Civic hatchbacks around. The cops usually don't do anything. Someone got in an accident and he came back there and they didn't even look twice.

Same guy that gave me a ticket for the C&I let me off doing 17 over about a year later. He's the captain of police. Shows you that it pays to be friends with the cops.

So, I just have the C&I, 14 over on my driving record. Full coverage is like $83 a month for me. My brother has like a 97 in a 60 and an 87 in a 70, and his is about the same as mine in his junk title Cavalier. Insurance went down from the 95 2.0L (w/ airbags) Contour, 93 3.8L Cougar, and then to the 88 5.8L 4x4 Bronco. So remember, engine gets bigger, insurance goes down.

Benjamin' 07/30/82 Christian MySpace CarDomain
Celica and Chevy 1500 are sold for parts. Now I'm left with the broken Buick and my '98 Dakota.
Bedroom: Pioneer VSX23, DefTech BP6s (front) ProCenter 2000, Mirage Omni 350s, 10" Kicker L7 pushed by PExpress plate amp, XBox 360, PS3, 50" LG 3D plasma.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 02:45 PM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to turtlem227
I have to agree, if you did it, pay for it.
But he should have made you sign it, it is not an addmission of guilt, but just shows that yes you were given the ticket. If you take it to court, the judge could throw it out.
But since you were speeding, just pay it, learn your lesson and move on.

mamn12.com
Resident Funny Man
A-hole crew wannabe
97 4.6 "under construction"
Painting underway!!!

93 Ragtop Mustang GT 5.0000hhhhssshhh***ttt
712rwhp "hold on little buddy"
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-13-2005, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Garage
LOL I'm 44. If a ticket were going to teach me my lesson, I'd have slowed down a longgg time ago. I generally do travel arouond the speed limit, maybe a little over. I just hate that stretch of 55. And as I said I had just passed a truck that was going about 50.

Now if they actually paid me to go 65. You know you're cruising along at 65 and a cop pulls you over. "Sir, I'd like to take this opportunity to say "great job", and thanks for traveling at the speed limit. In appreciation here's a certificate worth 50.00". Man, I'd be going 65 ALL the time.

I actually have a Whistler. but he didn't turn on the radar till he was real close. I saw the Crown Vic and slowed down before the radar detector went off.

1997 Thunderbird Sport
Low Miles
Wifes Car
destined to remain stock

1997 T-Bird GT 4.6
<<< SOLD >>>

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in