UPS is starting to get on my nerves... - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2005, 02:13 AM Thread Starter
The Band, not the Disease!

Send a message via AIM to AnthraxBird
UPS is starting to get on my nerves...

Ok, so I bought a ECU from weswing (thanks bud) and he had it shipped out from a business. He gave me the tracking number and I tracked it and it said "Billing information received" for about 4 days. Then it finally shipped out, and said "rescheduled delivery date" and "In Transit" for a delivery date on the 26th, and it showed it leaving a town in Oklahoma i think, you know the Arrival and Departure scans and everything. So i go to track it again tonight and now it says "Billing information received"... What a pain in the a$$... I've always had good luck shipping UPS. I shipped rims from my business (2 UPS pickups a day) and they got 600 miles in 3 days, Ground. Sorry just ranting.

EDIT: Now it says In Transit again! What a POS. =P

1997 Mark VIII LSC - Toreador Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2005, 11:32 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to SVT2888
Call them and ask them WTF

I recently lost a sale to Fed Ex had to refund money I had already spent.
Lesson learned don't touch the money until the person receives the items.

Mods: Concrete Median
CNCpics.com-Automotive Event Photography
Facebook
Ebay Store
Official B-team member. Viva La Revolucion!
Old 10-24-2005, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
The Band, not the Disease!

Send a message via AIM to AnthraxBird
They shipped my package from shawnee OK, to Oklahoma city on the 21st. It got 38 miles in 2 days!!! It went from shawnee on the 21st, and it got to OKC at 10:58pm, 38 miles away, in 2 days. UPS rocks!!! =/

1997 Mark VIII LSC - Toreador Red
Old 10-24-2005, 12:56 AM
Refrigerator Raider Hater

I got ya beat.

DHL sucks

Matt "Looks Like Egon" Davis
96 Alpine Green V8
98 Audi A8 4.2Q in Racing Green Totalled
02 Audi A8L 4.2Q in Black

I buy my OEM Ford parts at 10% over dealer cost from Steve in White Bear Lake, MN.
You drive "like a man possessed"... by a woman!
Old 10-24-2005, 03:21 AM
Resident redneck

Send a message via AIM to redneckcougarguy Send a message via MSN to redneckcougarguy
only reason i ship fedex is the employee discount. that and i will hurt anyone in cleveland terminal that ****s with one of my packages.

-Steven

Project Rust Prevention: 1990 Buick Regal, Toilet Capacity engine, new trim paint, 57K miles
Old 10-24-2005, 04:46 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBird
I got ya beat.

DHL sucks
HOLY CRAP!

AAAAA: American Association Against Acronym Abuse

Click here if you are an idiot

Llama!!!

Old 10-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Whining Intakes Rock

I've had good luck with DHL so far. Can't say the same for the other 3 "playah's"

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/ I like intakes that whine \_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_

# SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;
# 0 rows returned
# drop table users;_
Old 10-25-2005, 03:20 AM
Resident redneck

Send a message via AIM to redneckcougarguy Send a message via MSN to redneckcougarguy
go with what works best for you. if its not fedex ground, then its less work for me.

-Steven

Project Rust Prevention: 1990 Buick Regal, Toilet Capacity engine, new trim paint, 57K miles
Old 10-27-2005, 10:21 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94TchikinV8 Send a message via Yahoo to 94TchikinV8
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBird
I got ya beat.

DHL sucks

OK, I work for ABX Air (formerly Airborne Express) which basically runs all ground operations for DHL at the Wilmington, OH mainhub/sort facility. On Sept. 9 I believe, DHL moved all of their operations at the CVG hub to ILN (Wilmington) in ONE NIGHT. That means a normal easy Friday night turned into HELL. Just over 100 planes went to 150. System weight went from a little over 3 million pounds to darn near, if not more than, 4 million pounds. This was also the very first night they had their brand new(E frickin normous) sort building fully operational, in addition to the other sort buildings. There was so much freight, the unloads could not keep up at all, and they burnt out several motors on the belt systems that transport the frieght throughout the buildings. They also brought up a lot of DHL workers from CVG and had a lot of new hires that they put on tugs(transporting freight) at our base for the first time (and our base is huge). I believe it may be the largest privately owned air base in the US. It was originally a military airbase, and as far as I know, is still considered an active base.

Bottom line is, this caused a lot of VERY late planes, and a lot of stuff to go to the wrong place(hence why that package kept getting flown back to Wilmington). Our planes were usually at least 2-3 hours late for about the first two weeks after the merger. This was caused by a lot of different factors, but they have mostly been sorted out over the past month and a half. Our flights are going out on time once again, usually running no more than 10 miutes late. Tonight, both of our flights were on time, the second one was actually early.

Sorry about the novel; I just felt I should explain this. And now for the funny part: When the merge first happened, one of the flights I loaded was Providence; so I actually helped load your box onto the wrong plane GB. Although, I would never have known, because it is loaded into A-containers in the buildings and then brought out to the ramp to be loaded on the aircraft.

Sidecomment>> I haven't really had any problems with UPS, but FEDEX once took TWO WEEKS to OVERNIGHT a box to me.

1994 Thunderbird LX V8

Still in pieces in the garage awaiting body work, paint, and a drivetrain...

Currently driving a 98 Mustang GT convertible:
02 Explorer engine, Comp 262ah cams, Steeda underdrives, aftermarket H-pipe with high flow cats, SLP LM1 exhaust, MGW shifter, RAM clutch
[email protected], 2.17 60ft(stock 2.73s, worn-out trac-lok)
Old 10-27-2005, 11:05 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to pnyklr Send a message via Yahoo to pnyklr
Please UPS the guy never leaves the notice

Last time I got two notices one stuck to my front step one crumbled in a ball on my porch

Turns out even though they were both made out to me

one was mine

If I had gotten home much later on I bet the info notice would have been MIA like all the other ones

Now Fed Ex .....

I ordered a fender for my SVX from this guy in PA (on ebay) not to mention he only wrapped it in bubble wrap.....

I had to wait 3 days for it to be picked up to be sent back and so far its been two days and "oh it should be there tomorrow"

Then I have to wait for a claim and $$ back from the guy

Chris
87 GN,94 Prizm,05 Suburban Z71
Old 10-27-2005, 01:17 PM
Resident redneck

pnyklr: is it fedex express or ground?

if its express, they dont handle near the number of packages we do at ground. and depending on what time your package made it into the facility, which most likely would have been the outbound shift. now there are occasions where not everything can fit on a trailer ( Kinda Like This ). however our priority is to get packages to the people who buy things online. so we try, sometimes it just wont fit onto a trailer.

-Steven

Last edited by redneckcougarguy; 10-27-2005 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Hmm I'm not sure they just gave me a tracking # and picked it up

I also put blame on the damage on both Fed Ex and mostly on the guy who sent me the fender wrapped in only one layer of bubble wrap ??

I'm surprised Fed Ex let that one by

The fender was damaged in 3 places ...

He did send me pictures ahead of time of a perfect fender but no guarantee it was the same one (I thought of that too)

Chris
Old 10-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

ya its fed ex ground

Tracking number

Ship date
Oct 25, 2005

Estimated delivery
Oct 27, 2005

Service type
Ground-Domestic

Pieces

Weight
13.0 lbs.

Status

Departed FedEx location

Oct 27, 2005 1:40 AM

Departed FedEx location

KEASBEY, NJ

Oct 26, 2005 3:14 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

KEASBEY, NJ

Oct 25, 2005 7:19 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

BRONX, NY

11:25 AM

Picked up

BRONX, NY

Call Tag package picked up from recipient

7:27 AM

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

BRONX, NY

5:00 AM

At local FedEx facility

BRONX, NY

Chris
Old 10-28-2005, 03:27 AM
Resident redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr
Hmm I'm not sure they just gave me a tracking # and picked it up

I also put blame on the damage on both Fed Ex and mostly on the guy who sent me the fender wrapped in only one layer of bubble wrap ??

I'm surprised Fed Ex let that one by

The fender was damaged in 3 places ...

He did send me pictures ahead of time of a perfect fender but no guarantee it was the same one (I thought of that too)
yeah the guy that only used one layer is a complete ****twat. and i wont vouge for ground out there because its most likely different here than it is there. we arent packaging police. if the shipper thinks its enough then we think its enough, even though we need better shipping regulations on packaging, because half the boxes we seeare singlewall cardboard and break if you look at them wrong. my favorite is the junkyards who just grab a box and throw stuff in it and tape the hell out of it in one direction. one box actually had a side go completely missing and luckily the brake rotors in it didnt fall out on the sorter. any way back on topic we have the mandatory training course which is a bunch of videos and by the time we get out to loading we just stack walls. so the breaks in your fender probably mean it was in the middle to the bottom of a wall, but not on the floor, because it would have been completly flattened.

-Steven

Old 10-28-2005, 08:41 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Its out on the truck for delivery so we'll see when he gets it

It went NY - NJ - OH- Out for delivery in PA

hopefully I'll have a refund one day next week according to him he will refund my $$ as soon as he recieves the fender

Chris
Old 10-28-2005, 04:54 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to SVT2888
Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckcougarguy
yeah the guy that only used one layer is a complete ****twat. and i wont vouge for ground out there because its most likely different here than it is there. we arent packaging police. if the shipper thinks its enough then we think its enough, even though we need better shipping regulations on packaging, because half the boxes we seeare singlewall cardboard and break if you look at them wrong. my favorite is the junkyards who just grab a box and throw stuff in it and tape the hell out of it in one direction. one box actually had a side go completely missing and luckily the brake rotors in it didnt fall out on the sorter. any way back on topic we have the mandatory training course which is a bunch of videos and by the time we get out to loading we just stack walls. so the breaks in your fender probably mean it was in the middle to the bottom of a wall, but not on the floor, because it would have been completly flattened.
Yeah I'm an unloader at UPS and I hate the way some stuff is packed. I hate it when they ship boxes of screws, nuts, bolts, or any other metal stuff that really beats up boxes, in very thin boxes. You put them on the belt and the seams just split. The other ones that open alot are the Office Depot, Staples, Xerox, etc. paper boxes which they only put a label on the side on which is supposed to hold the top on and two thin plastic straps, that's it Those things rip so easy and spill all the paper packas all over the place. The other one's that suck are the boxes of books and magazines because they are also too thin and they only put one layer of tape to seal them up, which splits very easily.

Rant over

Mods: Concrete Median
CNCpics.com-Automotive Event Photography
Facebook
Ebay Store
Official B-team member. Viva La Revolucion!
Old 10-29-2005, 02:47 AM
Resident redneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr
Its out on the truck for delivery so we'll see when he gets it

It went NY - NJ - OH- Out for delivery in PA

hopefully I'll have a refund one day next week according to him he will refund my $$ as soon as he recieves the fender
i hope you get your money back. thats a ****ty deal for you with the fender and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT2888
Yeah I'm an unloader at UPS and I hate the way some stuff is packed. I hate it when they ship boxes of screws, nuts, bolts, or any other metal stuff that really beats up boxes, in very thin boxes. You put them on the belt and the seams just split. The other ones that open alot are the Office Depot, Staples, Xerox, etc. paper boxes which they only put a label on the side on which is supposed to hold the top on and two thin plastic straps, that's it Those things rip so easy and spill all the paper packas all over the place. The other one's that suck are the boxes of books and magazines because they are also too thin and they only put one layer of tape to seal them up, which splits very easily.

Rant over
if a box has to have straps on it the shipper is trying to pack way too much **** in it.

-Steven

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in