Anyone ever try carsponsorships.com? - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

Anyone ever try carsponsorships.com?

hey I was browsing the internet awhile ago for "free" sponsors..just like stickers and wat not so i can look ricey :P and i stumbled over carsponsorships.com....i went to fill out the first application but it asked for a credit card which i dont have so i forgot about it....i was looking on car domain the other day i think it was and i saw it again...i clickd on it this time and it was a quick app just to see if you would qualify...no credit card needed. i filled it out and i got a response back today saying they would sponsor my bird. i was just wondering if this was too good to be true before i fill out a full application (the one with the credit card)

supposedly they want the credit car for like setting up your account and to mail you your sponsor pack and what not. and they will only charge your account the 89$ if you are going to receive a sponsorship of 500$ or more (a full ride sponsorship)

has anyone tried CS.com before? what did you get? what are you getting if you still are doing it? was it worth the 89$?

Check out my Bird - http://www.cardomain.com/id/v8birdman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 08:46 AM
PostWhore

I'd be cautious.
Here's a tip: enjoy the car. Say no to stickers.

Last edited by Jack K; 10-26-2005 at 08:57 AM.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 09:16 AM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to Midnight
Anytime that they say they will sponsor your car if you pay them money is just wrong. Don't be so naive.

I had a friend who was sponsored by real companies. Like eibach for example. He had to ge through a lot of crap to get the sponsorships. Mailed pictures of his car. Listed the shows it was in and the trophies it recieved. One company even sent someone to look at the car and make sure that it was real and that there product was in tip top clean shape.

But he never sent the company money other than buying the first round of the product.

Sprtnlax14: i was was up at 4:30 to hunt
LtlLinds424: you did NOT just say hunt
Sprtnlax14: whatever, the day you become a vegan we'll talk
LtlLinds424: the day that you stop only spitting game and not producing girls in your bed... we'll talk

My Dragons
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 10:11 AM
Who is John Galt?

Yeh, most places like that will give you x number of dollars. . . only to spend at their store or whatever. For example, they'll give you $5000 and give you a disocunt through their store or whatever. Then you can spend the money through them. Most the crap they sell if oriented towards ricers too.

"Won't work, can't be done"
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

well what they say is this

" CarSponsorships.com has teamed up with Blaupunkt, VerticalDoors, Inc, Dunlop, B&G Suspension, Tsunami, Raveann Wheels, Hot Import Nights, Performance Auto & Sound Mag, WheelsNext, Decalkits.com, R-Blox Sound Control, Megan Racing, StreetFX and many others to become the largest and most trusted car sponsorship placement agency in the world."

"We award Real Sponsorships from Companies that you Know and Trust!"

"Here at CarSponsorships.com we always negotiate full sponsorships for our team members. We require all companies that partner with us to provide full sponsorships. What does a FULL Sponsorship mean? If you receive a sponsorship from us you will never ever pay for any products or other costs associated with your sponsorship. Some companies do require you to pay for cost of shipping.

** We have a new feature called "Pick A Sponsor" (available immediately after signup) where you can actually pick the company that you want to be sponsored by! Choose from companies like Vertical Doors, Blaupunkt USA, StreetFX, B&G Suspension, Gila Films, and many others. This is for a limited time only.**"

so basically what thats all saying is A) you pretty much get a full sponsorship of your choice off the bat where you get free products but maybe pay shipping. B) they are affiliated with top name companies

idk to me it sounds too good to be true....even if it is 5000$ (more or less) thats still good enough..worse comes to worse you just gotta resell it....

you do have to show up at atleast 1 HIN show a year i think but you have to try to go to more. another palce on there said of course they werent going to give u 10 grand for a stock car just some minor things to get you on your way.

a part of me wants to try it out bad but another part is saying that its too good to be true and its only a scam. even if all you get is ricey its still ok nothing wrong with some underglow and decal kits :P

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
3rd Gear Poster

scratch it....i showed it to my dad who ahs load of time on the computer at work and he went around browsing and found lots and lots of bogus answers to it (aka scam)

supposedly you do get 2 sponsors....a full sponsor from decalkits.com and a part sponsor from house of boom

you get 650$ to use on decals from decalkits.com and you get 50% off house of boom stuff

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 07:04 PM
6th Gear Poster

Quote:
you get 650$ to use on decals from decalkits.com
That's a lot of horsepower there. If one sticker is 2 dollars and it gives you 10 horsepower then that's 3,250 horsepower. Best bang for your buck right there.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 01:08 AM
Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to ThomasR91169
its bull****

you get a "discount" and can only buy from their shops, which if you look, their discounted price is almost higher than most normal store prices.

then you have to go to a number of car shows, failure to go to those shows results in them cancelling your sponsorship, and you then must pay back whatever you bought in FULL. so if you get 3k in stereo and exterior crap that is really 6k, fail to meet the requirements, you then owe them the 6k back.

total bull****. real sponsorships are free. besides, what do you want to do with a bunch of stickers and look good mods, find a real sponser that will make your car faster and look better, not slower and look worse.

1994 Tbird 4.6l, 3 trannies later and still bone stock.
Click to See
2002 Stang GT, 5spd "Ellie", Eleanor Tribute. Stage 3 Roush Kit, Saleen S281 Spoiler, JMS / Ironman Customs CL-2 C-Pillar Panels. Black Racing stripes on Pepper Grey. Minor Bolt ons, Real mods coming soon(Procharger, VT cams/Headwork, 31spline Eaton Rear, T-56 Swap)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-27-2005, 04:44 AM

Send a message via AIM to ghettostyleTA
this has been brought up in our local buffalo forums years ago... i'm surprised it still exists now :gotme:

removed air silencer, new 4R70W from ford, and flowmaster exhaust... couple more minor mods to come
EDIT: like broken glass and a missing stereo twice over, because living in the hood isn't a good idea
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2005, 03:07 AM
Veteran Poster

Send a message via AIM to ThomasR91169
because there are idiots out there who buy into it, thinking they can get a mad tyte sponsored honduh and win car shows and gain rep points and win money in races with their stock 16.9 second honduh and buy upgrades in stages from brooke burke's performance garage. wait a minute..........

1994 Tbird 4.6l, 3 trannies later and still bone stock.
Click to See
2002 Stang GT, 5spd "Ellie", Eleanor Tribute. Stage 3 Roush Kit, Saleen S281 Spoiler, JMS / Ironman Customs CL-2 C-Pillar Panels. Black Racing stripes on Pepper Grey. Minor Bolt ons, Real mods coming soon(Procharger, VT cams/Headwork, 31spline Eaton Rear, T-56 Swap)
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2005, 09:40 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to FunktasticLucky
ROFLMAO @ THOMAS!!!! dude I think everyone should get NFS Underground 2... it allows your inner rice to come out and make the ugliest *** cars and what not and keep it off your own car... The only stickers I'm about to put on my car are the TCCOA ones I got from my member packet as I am starting to advertise the site. I see so many thunderbirds and cougars around here but nobody seems to know about TCCOA. So share the wealth of knowledge. I will be putting them on my rear windows.

2018 Lincoln MKZ Black Label 3.0T AWD

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in