I Need Help With Homework - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Stroked and Blown

Send a message via AIM to BlakTbird96
I Need Help With Homework

Hey everyone. I have this 5-10 page report due on November 15th. Here is the story: It is for my English 317 class, which is "Writing in Business and Industry" The professor wants us to do a report on something that invovles the company we work for. As some of you know, i work at Petsmart as a dog groomer. My store is one of the slowest in the region because of our location. Where we are, isn't in a major shopping center so many people may not even know about us. I have decided to do a Project Proposal Report on why our store should move to this certain location I have in mind. The shopping center I have in mind contains a Best Buy, Target, Old Navy, Lowes, Bed Bath and Beyond, The Home Place, Value City, AC Moore, as well as many others and many restaurants. There is a rumor that we are suppose to close our store within the next few years and relocate because our sales are so bad, which gave me the idea of what to do my report on. So far, I have the intro, which takes up 1 page. Do any of you have any ideas as to what I could put in this report? I have some ideas but it won't take up 5-10 pages. I have to include some kind of graph or chart also, but I already know what I'm going to do for that. Anyways, if any of you have any ideas or know about different retailers, which have relocated and the reasons why, and you could bounce some ideas around, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks

Frank

My other home:
Mid-AtlanticMN12's

'96 Ford Tbird 3.8 SC
'06 Chrysler Sebring "Vert 2.7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 07:21 PM
PostWhore

Look at the costs involved in relocating the store. Also about the benefits of being in a busy area. When doing this also mention some potential problems with the new area, and how they would be outweighed by the benefits. I dont know the situation of your store, but being in a better location may generate more profits and allow the store to expand.

Just a few thoughts I had, usually these papers need some BS filler in them to meet the stupid min length requirements.

"She aint a Cadillac and she aint a Rolls, but there aint nothin wrong with the radio"

Of course everyone loves a hard worker, they do all the work!

90 LS - gone damn city drivers
93 Explorer XL 2dr 4x4 - totalled does anyone in that f*ckin city know how to drive

OK, that was twice in 6 months, red means STOP
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 07:46 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94TchikinV8 Send a message via Yahoo to 94TchikinV8
man you need to learn how to cheat these things
Font(arial, I think, takes up a lot of space)
Mess with font size if you can.
mess with word and character spacing
double space the pages if you can, and you can mess with this spacing as well.

Most teachers will notice if you change the font size right off. However, like I said above, you can usually get away with spacing the letters and words out.

-Rob (Professional Slacker)

1994 Thunderbird LX V8

Still in pieces in the garage awaiting body work, paint, and a drivetrain...

Currently driving a 98 Mustang GT convertible:
02 Explorer engine, Comp 262ah cams, Steeda underdrives, aftermarket H-pipe with high flow cats, SLP LM1 exhaust, MGW shifter, RAM clutch
[email protected], 2.17 60ft(stock 2.73s, worn-out trac-lok)
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 07:50 PM
PostWhore

Mans right use arial if you can, change character spacing to 1.5, no one can tell . Also if they say nothing about it use bold. Most of mine last year were full of BS, just to fill up the needed space.

"She aint a Cadillac and she aint a Rolls, but there aint nothin wrong with the radio"

93 Explorer XL 2dr 4x4 - totalled does anyone in that f*ckin city know how to drive

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 08:01 PM
PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to 94TchikinV8 Send a message via Yahoo to 94TchikinV8
like I said, you just need to stretch the boundaries, but still know when to draw the line...

1994 Thunderbird LX V8

Still in pieces in the garage awaiting body work, paint, and a drivetrain...

Currently driving a 98 Mustang GT convertible:
02 Explorer engine, Comp 262ah cams, Steeda underdrives, aftermarket H-pipe with high flow cats, SLP LM1 exhaust, MGW shifter, RAM clutch
[email protected], 2.17 60ft(stock 2.73s, worn-out trac-lok)
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-02-2005, 08:27 PM
PostWhore

Almost forgot, make the margins just a little larger, no noticeable difference to the eye, but every little bit helps when ya need 10 pages.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-03-2005, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Stroked and Blown

Send a message via AIM to BlakTbird96
I will mention the costs it would involve but how the benefits would outweigh the costs. Unfortunantly, it has to be single spaced with size 12 font.

My other home:
Mid-AtlanticMN12's

'96 Ford Tbird 3.8 SC
'06 Chrysler Sebring "Vert 2.7

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in