I need some apartment advice. - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to lightevergreenfrost
I need some apartment advice.

I am currently living in a studio apartment while in college, $350 a month utilities paid which is the going price for that deal in this town. Ill be done with school next December, that is if I don't go to grad school. Anyway, last night my bike (bicycle) was stolen. I have found people sitting on my car and one time I saw a guy looking in it. There are also a lot of drugs (from what Ive been told) going through this place. The positives of this place is that it is less than a mile from campus. Near just about every type of store, and is right off a major road.
Just by what I have said here, would you reccommend me move, or just keep the police on speed dial. BTW, I make about $700 a month usually and my bills other than rent are about $150.

T-Bird Registry Number 27526
My Car Domain Site
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2282851
My Space:
http://www.myspace.com/jordonjones
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 02:06 PM
13's or Mildly Broken

Maybe consider a roommate and a 2BR apt? When I move out (next year I hope) I'm gonna look for a roommate, though the pickings are getting slim

Otherwise, shop around and see what else is available in your area. You might find a studio apartment in a better neighborhood for about the same money.

-Melon

1994 Thunderbird SC 3.8L Supercharged
1999 Crown Victoria P71 4.6
2000 Explorer 5.0
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Veteran Poster

I'd recommend buying a gun. Maybe even a permit to carry? If 350 is the going rate I'd also start shopping. Being a mile away sure comes in handy though but that apply to the rifraff too.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-04-2005, 11:17 PM
PostWhore

Ya get that kinda crap everywhere, hell had some ******* walk right into my backyard trying to grab my bike, he was in for a shock. People have tried to break into my car a few times, dog scares them off everytime. If ya do stay, get a little LED light and mount it in the console or on the dash. Ever since I installed my starter kill last year with the LED in the lock cylinder, mounted by the shifter, nobody ever goes near it anymore, and with what is living around here thats impressive.

"She aint a Cadillac and she aint a Rolls, but there aint nothin wrong with the radio"

Of course everyone loves a hard worker, they do all the work!

90 LS - gone damn city drivers
93 Explorer XL 2dr 4x4 - totalled does anyone in that f*ckin city know how to drive

OK, that was twice in 6 months, red means STOP
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-05-2005, 09:20 AM
6th Gear Poster

Send a message via Yahoo to turtlem227
It all depends on you, if you can handle the drug thing and people standing around your
car, stay there. If you can't, I would try to find another studio somewhere else.
It might be a little further away, but you would make up for it with peace of mind.

mamn12.com
Resident Funny Man
A-hole crew wannabe
97 4.6 "under construction"
Painting underway!!!

93 Ragtop Mustang GT 5.0000hhhhssshhh***ttt
712rwhp "hold on little buddy"
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 12:31 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Send a message via AIM to ben_cline Send a message via MSN to ben_cline Send a message via Yahoo to ben_cline
My bro and I live in a 2room appt. Little deck. Nobody bothers us. $400/mo plus utilities (paid water). Nobody touches our vehicles.

http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/...=27515#content

Benjamin' 07/30/82 Christian MySpace CarDomain
Celica and Chevy 1500 are sold for parts. Now I'm left with the broken Buick and my '98 Dakota.
Bedroom: Pioneer VSX23, DefTech BP6s (front) ProCenter 2000, Mirage Omni 350s, 10" Kicker L7 pushed by PExpress plate amp, XBox 360, PS3, 50" LG 3D plasma.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in