MVP in MLB AL - TCCoA Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 10:24 PM Thread Starter
TGJ
Baddest N/A NPI in Canada

MVP in MLB AL

Well, I am kind of surprised to not see this posted. A-Rod was named the MVP of the AL, I am not surprised. I am surprised by how many votes David Ortiz got. I am glad to see that many of the voting panel voted correctly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 10:51 PM
CEO Red Sox Nation

How the hell do you figure they voted "correctly"?

Ortiz' Stats for 2005

601 AB - 180 Hits - 40 Doubles - 47 Home Runs - 148 RBI's (Lead Majors)

A-Snobs Stats 2005

605 AB - 194 Hits - 29 Doubles - 48 Home Runs - 130 RBI's

Rodriguez did outperform Ortiz in AVG by 21, and by 1 Home Run.

Ortiz outperformed Rodriguez by 11 Doubles, 18 RBI's and How Many GW HR and Hits?

I am not saying Rodriguez didn't have a Trophy year, but MVP - Bull ****....

But as far as I am concerned he's still a ***** because of that Arroyo incident...

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Package with Navigation

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

how many games did ortiz play in the field? IMO, a DH should never win the MVP, MVP is for the all around player, silver slugger award is for the best hitter, gold gloves are for the best defensive player.

CMP Drag Racing
best ET: 12.410 -- best MPH: 107.61
NMRA MM7270 -- NMCA EFI/? ????
Thank you to the CMP Drag Racing team: Tony, Doug, Maryann, Dale, Paul and Chris.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 11:48 PM
CEO Red Sox Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicRattlehead
how many games did ortiz play in the field?

Vic I see your point, but I disagree.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 12:09 AM
6th Gear Poster

as much as i thinks its bs, i gotta look at it this way, neither team made it to the alcs, so it doesnt matter. if the sox had advanced, he might have got it.

but by the way, its suppose to go to the player who helps his team the most, and having 20 homeruns either tie or win games, idk how he could help more

01- mustang cobra- lazer red -bbk o/r x pipe w/ 40 series, JLT, waiting to install 4.10's
04 ram- ya, its a hemi- [email protected] -sold!!
92 tbird sc- sold!!!- almost made it to the 60ft mark

newest sales rep at Herb Chambers Ford in Braintree, MA, pm me for info
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 12:39 AM
CEO Red Sox Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCsmo

but by the way, its suppose to go to the player who helps his team the most, and having 20 homeruns either tie or win games, idk how he could help more

That was my thinking, but I am concidering vics thoughts as well now...

Ortiz still should have gotten it...

But its over...

congrats dickbag

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 07:15 AM Thread Starter
TGJ

Quote:
how many games did ortiz play in the field? IMO, a DH should never win the MVP, MVP is for the all around player, silver slugger award is for the best hitter, gold gloves are for the best defensive player.
My thoughts exactly.

I would like to see the DH dropped from Baseball completely. I like the game the national league plays, much more fun to watch. That said the Chicago WS and LA Angels are the only 2 AL teams to play that type of Baseball.

Pitching and Defence wins Championships, there is the odd time when hitting does. I DO NOT see how a player that only helps his team at the plate can win the MVP. That player HAS TO HELP ON DEFENCE! David Ortiz DID NOT DO THAT, therefore should not have even been considered for the award.

So he had 20 game tying or winning HR's. Wow, I wonder if he played defence how many games he would have COST the RED SOX? I am thankful that the award has been awarded and that David Oritz DID NOT WIN, he DID NOT DESERVE IT!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 12:01 AM
6th Gear Poster

Quote:
mvp is not for the best all around player, its for the player who helps his team the most. arod is deffinetely the best all around player, but ortiz hit 20 hrs to tie or win games, and he lead the majors with the most clutch rbi's, arod was tied for 66 in this category

01- mustang cobra- lazer red -bbk o/r x pipe w/ 40 series, JLT, waiting to install 4.10's
04 ram- ya, its a hemi- [email protected] -sold!!
92 tbird sc- sold!!!- almost made it to the 60ft mark

newest sales rep at Herb Chambers Ford in Braintree, MA, pm me for info
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
TGJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCsmo
mvp is not for the best all around player, its for the player who helps his team the most. arod is deffinetely the best all around player, but ortiz hit 20 hrs to tie or win games, and he lead the majors with the most clutch rbi's, arod was tied for 66 in this category
Do you want a towel for those tears? Keep crying.

Near the end of the season, the Toronto Blue Jays played a 3 game series against the Red Sox. The Red Sox took the series and had 2 big games out of Ortiz at the plate including a home run in the 9th inning to win. A Boston announcer asked the Blue Jay pitcher what it was like to lose to Superman. He replied, if he truly was Superman, he would get off his fat *** and play defence too. End of conversation.

Later the Yankees played the Blue Jays. A-Rod hit up the Blue Jays in 2 of the games, just like Ortiz did, however the Yankees won the last game 1 - 0. They won that game on a hell of a defensive play by A-Rod. A similar ball hit to Ortiz would have resulted in 2 Blue Jay runs, GUARANTEED.

I don't care what a person does at the plate, any monkey can swing the bat. His numbers at the plate are no superior to A-Rods. Good Pitching and Defence beats Good Hitting 9 out of 10 times. How many games did Ortiz help the Red Sox defensively? A big fat 0 or do I have to spell that out, Z-E-R-O! A-Rod made quite a few defensive to win ball games, when you look at the overall stats. The MVP award is a no-brainer, A-Rod is the only choice.

Only an IDIOT would vote for Ortiz. Get over it, the right man won the award!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 11:54 AM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGJ
Only an IDIOT would vote for Ortiz. Get over it, the right man won the award!

Player Team 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th Total
Alex Rodriguez New York 16 11 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 331
David Ortiz Boston 11 17 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 307

Hmmm looks like the same idiots voted for A-nob to!

Yes Ortiz didnt play the field... whats your point there? In the mvp voting it does not say you have to play the field.

AAAAA: American Association Against Acronym Abuse

Click here if you are an idiot

Llama!!!

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 12:34 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

someone find me the requirements and stuff for what qualifies you for MVP i looked last night and couldnt find it.

CMP Drag Racing
Thank you to the CMP Drag Racing team: Tony, Doug, Maryann, Dale, Paul and Chris.

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
TGJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderterd
Yes Ortiz didnt play the field... whats your point there? In the mvp voting it does not say you have to play the field.
You are right, there is no saying that you have to play the field.

If David Ortiz played on a national league team, he WOULD NOT BE EVEN CONSIDERED for the MVP award.

All he was this past season was a DH. What does that tell the baseball fan that knows the game. He CAN NOT PLAY DEFENCE. Therefore, if he is a risk to have out there in the field on defence, he SHOULD NOT EVEN BE CONSIDERED for the MVP award. If he did play defence, how many games would have he cost the Red Sox? That is something for someone voting for the MVP award to consider.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 01:54 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGJ

If David Ortiz played on a national league team, he WOULD NOT BE EVEN CONSIDERED for the MVP award.

and if he played the field he would have one?

thats alot of ifs....

The question you should be asking is how many games would the red sox have lost without him in the lineup... my bet is quite s few..

How many games would the yankees would have won without A-Nob....

Ortiz is alot more valuable in the lineup even if it is just his bat... A-Nob is not clutch and never will be where Ortiz is there anyone else in the AL you would want in the bottem of the ninth down one run and with two outs at bat?

AAAAA: American Association Against Acronym Abuse

Click here if you are an idiot

Llama!!!

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 02:11 PM
Seasoned PostWhore

Quote:
is there anyone else in the AL you would want in the bottem of the ninth down one run and with two outs at bat?
scott podsednik
paul konerko

CMP Drag Racing

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
TGJ

Quote:
and if he played the field he would have one?

thats alot of ifs....

The question you should be asking is how many games would the red sox have lost without him in the lineup... my bet is quite s few..

How many games would the yankees would have won without A-Nob....

Ortiz is alot more valuable in the lineup even if it is just his bat... A-Nob is not clutch and never will be where Ortiz is there anyone else in the AL you would want in the bottem of the ninth down one run and with two outs at bat?
How many games would have the Red Sox lost had he been playing defence... My bet is quite a few more than they did.

To answer your question since it is loaded to Ortiz's strength.

Manny Ramirez

To properly answer it, I have a few questions: is anybody on base; where are they on base. These all have factors.

A-Rod
Manny Ramirez
Hideki Matsui
Gary Sheffield

Now since you want to play the question game! What happens if this batter gets intentionally walked. Who do you want on base?

David Ortiz or A-Rod

A-Rod can bunt, can Ortiz?
A-Rod can steal you 2nd, A-Rod can score on single. Can Ortiz?

Manny Ramirez makes David Ortiz, without Manny, David Ortiz is nothing. Baseball is more than just a HR, just a double here or there, my friend.

If Manny Ramirez was not the batter behind Ortiz, do you fear Ortiz's bat? I don't and I bet if Manny was not the batter behind Ortiz, Ortiz sees 4 pitches in your above situation. Then what, you have to pinch run for the fat ****! I GUARANTEE you that Ortiz does not see all of the pitches he got this year, if it was not the fact he was followed by Ramirez at the plate.

I would go as far to say that David Ortiz is not even the MVP of the Red Sox. Manny Ramirez is more valuable to them than Ortiz is.

Last edited by TGJ; 11-16-2005 at 02:59 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TCCoA Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in